Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 91 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    It gets old. But paying 1000g to toggle is effing stupid.
    It's not bad. It could be worse, like 500g to get green fire and defeat Kanrethad to turn it off.

Deleted
    The battle was hard and fun at the same time, especially for a lore nerd like me. I honestly hope they don't nerf it. Makes you feel like you accomplished something.

Did the fight again today as Demonology on a friend's ilvl 485 Warlock. First time I've killed him after the enrage should have been... Did anyone else have both Doomguards and the Pit Lord go hostile and not despawn right after the boss died? I assume it a bug with fighting after the enrage should have been, but I hadn't seen it happen in any videos.

wait why was the purification potion greyed out after i used it once? i had the boss below 20% and the curse killed me since i wasn't too focused on dpsing the boss

Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    wait why was the purification potion greyed out after i used it once? i had the boss below 20% and the curse killed me since i wasn't too focused on dpsing the boss
    1 pot per fight.

woot i got green fire, sitting at ilvl 477 after doing some lfr this morning
    edit:
    also apparently i went through the whole fight without dark intent
    Last edited by dremnit; 2013-05-02 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    also apparently i went through the whole fight without dark intent
    Pups may have eaten it
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

ah right i forgot about the devour magic

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Did the fight again today as Demonology on a friend's ilvl 485 Warlock. First time I've killed him after the enrage should have been... Did anyone else have both Doomguards and the Pit Lord go hostile and not despawn right after the boss died? I assume it a bug with fighting after the enrage should have been, but I hadn't seen it happen in any videos.
    Nope, bug. As in, it should not happen even with purification potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    1 pot per fight.
    Yep. Guessing you used it right off the bat? Kanrethad will recast the curse shortly after you remove it as long as he's not busy doing anything else, so don't use the pot until way later in the fight. You can get up to fifteen minutes to fight him instead of ~eight and a half.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

So I haven't done this yet but have the added some sort of achievment for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post

Yeah, it happened to me.

They killed me, I waited to complete the quest then I returned and Enslaved Pit Lord while making him attacking them so I could take the Green Fire.

Deleted
    Just completed. Had multiple 15-10% wipes at 475il. Read this by chance and decided to go back now @ 499il.

Was much easier and ended up killing Ken before the 2nd wave of imps died.

Tip I learn from this thread to soulshatter the Felhunters, worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Yep. Guessing you used it right off the bat? Kanrethad will recast the curse shortly after you remove it as long as he's not busy doing anything else, so don't use the pot until way later in the fight. You can get up to fifteen minutes to fight him instead of ~eight and a half.
    nah i used it when i had 50 seconds on the timer and i wasn't focused on bursting down kanrethad as much as i should have, so the next attempt i potted when i had 5 seconds left and popped cooldowns more often during the fight and i got him that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I've just had my fourth sub-10% wipe on Kanrethad, and each time I've noticed that my heart was pounding dangerously strongly, making me uncomfortable with trying again for at least 30 minutes.

Anyone else feeling that intense while doing it?
    Ha this happened to me this past weekend (I've learned to pace myself on this fight, I run raids during the week and attempt ebonlocke on the weekends) anyway I got him to 2% somehow tab'd onto a imp and panicked couldn't find ebonlocke (lol I could have hit my focus button) and ate a chaos bolt while I freaked out. I'll try again this weekend.

I did this fight over the weekend. I did not like it and still do not like it. I encountered a few bugs and found that they annoyed me badly.

I had FHs take off my enslave through pillars repeatedly. (To rectify this I put a portal up in the hole, ported back there with ten left on the timer before the FHs would come out and command the pit lord to move to the very back corner of the small area. Putting the PL back there was not enough as dpsing the FHs with him just back there I lost him repeatedly.)

I had FH randomly despawn a few times.

I had the PL get stuck in the area behind the pillar and not move out. I had to wait for a cataclysm cast to use charge.

When a doom lord came out I would not even attack them but put the pit lord on it for about 20 seconds before switching him back to the boss. Sometimes the doom lord would just start attacking me and ignore the pit lord, when I had nothing but some rain of fire damage on him.

The portal trick cleared up all the FH problems I had (lag or bugs).

But here is how I beat him and it was actually once I got the FH crap.

Get PL and charge him instantly, CB the boss. When he has a second left to call imps, charge and CB again. This delays the imp phase (several sub 70% instances on the boss before imps even came out).

Imps, use rain fire, have your PL attack and use Ember Tap to heal yourself repeatedly.

FH, do what I did above and you can melt them with CB and Incinerate.

Doom lord, put your PL on it for 20 seconds then back on boss. During this phase is when you want to drop the enslave and get it back. Make sure your RoF is hitting he doom lord and the boss at the same time to build embers faster.

Imps, same as above. FHs, same as above. Doom lord, same as above. Now you have two doom lords and the boss in RoF to build embers off and you can start to CB a lot more and shadowburn a lot more at 20%.

I was in 501 gear about to hit a third FH phase but the embers were coming so fast for shadowburn.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2013-05-02 at 11:23 PM.

i only let the pit lord hit the doom lord once then immediately use demonic gateway as i make the pitlord go back on kanrethad. used it every time i saw the doom lord[s] target me to drop threat. i think the aggro of the doom lords is tied to kanrethad himself, and the pit lord seems to lose threat pretty quickly if i didn't use soul shatter and demonic gateway as much as possible. my memory is kinda fuzzy but i sort of remember doom lords never attacking me during the time where kanrethad is about to cast chaos bolt but ends up not doing it since the pit lord has sufficient threat, but during the time when he actually does start casting chaos bolt, i use teleport then run up to my demonic gateway to wipe threat, causing the doom lords to go back to the pit lord after they finish casting their shadowbolts me [edit: as an example of threat mechanics of the fight. sometimes i'd gain too much aggro at various points but a simple gateway jaunt would fix it]. for the felhunters, i put the pit lord deep into the cubby as it seems like the pitlord has a hitbox that's just large enough so that the felhunter can see it and eat the enslave if it's not deep enough inside. never had trouble with felhunters after that [also there's only 2 felhunter phases].
    Last edited by dremnit; 2013-05-03 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    More dots, more dots, more dots!

...Okay, stop dots.

I wiped cause i fell down laughing when i first saw this.