View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

204 71.58%
  • No

81 28.42%
Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdarn View Post
    I don't know if this has been said in any of the 90+ pages of the forum so sorry for the possible broken record. I wish they would add an effect to pets. Imps with green fire. Fel void walker. Etc. don't get me wrong. I feel green fire is its own reward. Just saying it would look great.
    Grimoire of supremacy already gives your imp fefirebolts, felhunter is, well, has always been "fel", and the voidwalkers do not use fel magic, but wield powers of the void, which is completely different. I don't think voidwalkers are even affiliated with the Burning Legion.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Done!!! Ilvl496, first warlock and only dinged 90 3 weeks ago, took around 4 hours to complete, I could have got the killer soon looking back. I was so so focused on the mechanics of the fight that I was hardly DPSing Ken and as a consequence I was wiping to the imp waves at the end as it was taking to long. Tonight went back and focused purely on maximising damage to Ken following the advice earlier in the thread to really use the ember generation in the imp phase to nuke him.
    Thanks to everyone in the thread for all of the tips and pointers, greatly appreciated. I really really hope Blizzard do not touch this great encounter, it is so well done.

Was a lot of fun, especially at a lower gear level. I don't think I could of did it in the 7 mins it requires of you, took me like 11.

I wish they would do more things like this, difficult content outside of heroic raids.

I know they are out there so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there an addon that will provide timers for the Pit Lords CDs?
    I have OmniCC but it doesn't track them at all.

My only problem has been transitioning from felhunters and I lose control of the Pit Lord but not from a Devour Magic (I don't get the message it broadcasts)

Noticed that I can still choose to fight the guy here so long after I've gotten green fire. Thinking of recording it for youtube. Has anyone else attempted it with a 522+ ilvl? I was under 500 when I got it, so hopefully the friendly rematch won't be as grueling. Also considering using Demo + UVLS to fight Imps with Imps

Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    master baiter of polished door handles...
    Is it possible to do it on my ilv?
    Tried him like 4-9 times after i got the book (76 kills-.-, 490 ilv got him to 40%)
    should i try again?
    Really want the green fire but i dont want to destroy my computer like this (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Heres a link to my armory *im a lfr scrub so what?*http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanrethad Ebonlocke View Post
    Is it possible to do it on my ilv?
    Tried him like 4-9 times after i got the book (76 kills-.-, 490 ilv got him to 40%)
    should i try again?
    Really want the green fire but i dont want to destroy my computer like this (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Heres a link to my armory *im a lfr scrub so what?*http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple
    It has been done at ilvl 468 so its possible. More of an strategy fight then a gear-check. There is an video on youtube where he has ilvl 468, check that out and use his strategy. Pick up purification potion and pre-pot int, use all the buffs you could get and make sure all gems and enchants are in place to help the fight beeing easier
    "-Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.*Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP
    - Cleaveage Warrior PvE/PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    It has been done at ilvl 468 so its possible. More of an strategy fight then a gear-check. There is an video on youtube where he has ilvl 468, check that out and use his strategy. Pick up purification potion and pre-pot int, use all the buffs you could get and make sure all gems and enchants are in place to help the fight beeing easier
    I've read the tacts 100 times:/ but executing them is the hard part
    So much to do, cant do anything right
    And the repair costs.... ouch!
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

True, but with higher ilvl there are bigger room for mistakes and sloppy execution.

At ilvl 515 i killed him in just over 5 mins with minor mistakes along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    True, but with higher ilvl there are bigger room for mistakes and sloppy execution.

At ilvl 515 i killed him in just over 5 mins with minor mistakes along the way.
    OFC its easier with higher ilvl, everything in WoW is. He asked if he could do it in ilvl 490 and it can be done but with lesser dps and smaller healthpools its harder. Its all about learning the fight and execute it properly rather than "-You got to have ilvl 510 to achieve it" because thats totally wrong. Redo the fight over and over, put in more addons to help out. DBM has one for this fight. If your not to eager to get green fire then you should gear up more and try again later.
    "-Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.*Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Rahuran View Post
    Noticed that I can still choose to fight the guy here so long after I've gotten green fire. Thinking of recording it for youtube. Has anyone else attempted it with a 522+ ilvl? I was under 500 when I got it, so hopefully the friendly rematch won't be as grueling. Also considering using Demo + UVLS to fight Imps with Imps
    On a whim I went in just now and answered my own question. Nearly one shot him with 527 ilvl as Demo, and this was with countless wipe-worthy mistakes that would have ended me the first go-around. Flasked up for round 2 and wrecked his face with a fair number of mistakes, but marginally better control.

Granted, it helped that all of my old macros existed and functioned (not to mention reflexes from the first time), as well as the new DBM warnings making the alerts trivial.
    Last edited by Vinavi; 2013-06-04 at 10:16 AM.

OFC its easier with higher ilvl, everything in WoW is. He asked if he could do it in ilvl 490 and it can be done but with lesser dps and smaller healthpools its harder. Its all about learning the fight and execute it properly rather than "-You got to have ilvl 510 to achieve it" because thats totally wrong. Redo the fight over and over, put in more addons to help out. DBM has one for this fight. If your not to eager to get green fire then you should gear up more and try again later.
    That was not the intention of my post.

But to rather go after what he asked from own experiences.
    I found when i was struggeling, it was always the fel hunter phase that got me. Once i got the hang of paking my Pit Lord, the rest was "easy" - even though i lost a good 5-10 sec of dps time to get my Pit Lord out of the way fast enough.

I've read the tacts 100 times:/ but executing them is the hard part
    So much to do, cant do anything right
    And the repair costs.... ouch!
    What is your biggest problem in the encounter? Give us more info so we can help you
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP

Keeping an eye on the dots, always forget to dispell them

Get TMW and make big icons for the dots so you get a better visual if them or the other addon everyone uses except me and make it alert when you should dispell it. Pickup the DBM for this fight, it might alert the dispell not sure though
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP

My problem was the Chaos Bolts. I was humping the Gateway and Soul Shattering every time. He didn't go after me during any felhunter phases but any other time he would always launch the chaos bolt at me regardless of aggro, just hitting a gate, SSing or anything.

My 2nd to last attempt ended like this:

-Runs to summon imp swarm
    -I hit the gate and get into position between him and the gate
    -RoF > FnB:Immo> Pit Lord Fel Flame... i go to repeat that (with a shadowfury for good measure) I got shot in the back with a Chaos Bolt...

Edit: ilvl is 493.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 05:26 PM ----------

ALSO. Another protip that helped me out a lot.
    Most of the videos I've seen, if you look at the big circle in the middle of the floor like a clock.

12 o'clock being directly at Kanrethad's Portal then 6 being where you stand to drop your portal.

I've found it makes things a LOT easier if you put the portals at 10 and 4.
    10 being close to the cubby you can use to LoS Chaos Bolts if need be and 4 giving you a clear PoV for the spot where you hide your Pit Lord.

Going through business as usual, humping the gateways etc etc I just found that this puts portals more in line with where you need to be and keeps them from getting RoF'd on.

4 o'clock sets you up for the Imp Phase and moving your Pit Lord to his cubby and then as soon as you send him on his way before the felhunters pop out you hit the gate and you're in position to drop your own RoF and collect the Felhunters while being out of LoS to the Pit Lord.

The big thing to remember is when you get ready to DPS the felhunters DO NOT MOVE. I found out that moving is just setting you up to accidentally get your Pit Lord unslaved.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    I know they are out there so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there an addon that will provide timers for the Pit Lords CDs?
    I have OmniCC but it doesn't track them at all.

My only problem has been transitioning from felhunters and I lose control of the Pit Lord but not from a Devour Magic (I don't get the message it broadcasts)
    I used weak auras, it's really nice and super customizable. I just put a big red bar on the left of my screen that tracked enslave demon and another bar for curse of ultimate doom.

[Forget this - See below]

Keeping an eye on the dots, always forget to dispell them
    I setup a power aura specifically for Excruciating Agony. Unfortunately, I tend to find that if there's been a cataclysm recently, Singe Magic will opt to dispell the immolate effect from that, instead of either EA, or Seed (both of which I'm sure you can agree are far more dangerous). I've also got an aura to remind me to use the gateway, and I'll generally sit right next to it spamming right click while DPSing so that there's no chance for him to cast a bolt at me (or a very small < 0.02 second window at least).

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 02:09 AM ----------

Actually, scrap that, just managed to kill it. Had this commentated video running in the background; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CORoqJE0g

Everything I did lined up with what he was saying when he was saying it, but my 20% mark was a little later. Almost had a screw up with the pot - clicked it, saw 'CD starts on leaving combat' and thought I still saw the debuff there with 19 seconds left, turns out it had got rid of it.

I used to burn all the imps before moving back to the boss, and used to have my portal at the side. I also used to just move my pitlord over to the other side but not run over there with it to LoS. Always figured I'd die to the imps if I didn't kill them outright, but using them as embers now that I've got some better gear worked out brilliantly. I also didn't sacrifice my pet until the pitlord was up, and made use of my doom guard.

As the fight progressed, I simply followed the commentary, but used portal when I wanted. 1 chaos bolt did get through I recall but I soaked it with Unending Resolve and pit healed myself after. I had tried to use the breath for cleansing before but I found myself running a lot even when I placed myself on the right side (i.e. positioned behind the boss but in front of the pit lord).

Using the method in the video, I killed it on the first attempt. I guess I felt 'scared' of leaving the adds, and I was definitely concerned about having my portals in the middle. My biggest concern was DPSing the boss 'too much' and getting swarmed with adds because I viewed RoF as being extremely weak compared to FB-Incinerate. Getting him to 80% before the first set of imps felt good, as the best I'd managed was around 87% prior to that. Getting him to the end and not even coming close to dying during the fight (except for the chaos bolt) was just amazing.

27% hit, used the pot, spammed incinerates to get to 20% along with RoF on the imps for embers, and then spammed all living hell out of shadowburn. Got another set of imps during this burn but this was a good thing as the last set had been wiped out.

Overall a very smooth kill, and I'm facepalming thinking that such a tactic couldn't work for me due to my lack of experience with a lock. I'm definitely considering doing the boss again at a later date just for the practice.

One thing; Don't EVER use 'summon' trinkets on this fight, Ghost Iron Dragonling for example. The proc may occur during a felhunter phase, and often one of them will choose to attack the dragonling, meaning it may end up facing the pit lord. This is what was happening with mine. I don't have an explanation for the random enslave breaking when felhunters weren't up and there was still a lot of time on the enslave (and being hit capped), but I noticed that my dragonling was causing issues on the felhunter phase. Using a PVP 'Spell power on hit' trinket in it's place solved that problem.
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2013-06-07 at 01:29 AM.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

So I'm thinking about going back to this scenario and trying to beat it as a demo lock.

Anyone have any tips?

I've only beat him in destruction (at 500 ilvl)

why is my pit lord randomly coming loose during the first felhunter phase