RBG Destro lock - help needed with upping DPS

You can see my character/spec/glyphs/rating on my character. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Hif/advanced

The guild runs with various comps as we are semi-casual and I RBG once a week. I know not enough but between work, married life, social life and sports I don't have much time for WoW. However I still wish to be useful to my team.

I by and large average in a RBG between 600,000 and 700,000 (million i am assuming) damage. Its a good 300 to 500,000 lower than what I feel is necessary for the team. Almost everybody else is 1,000,000 (million) above. So i am definitely lagging behind.

My opening rotation is simple. Fear a healer as soon as the fight starts. Then when they trinket fear again. A target (normally another healer) is called I open with Curse of Shadows, immolate, conflag and incinerate and when the target is close to death, spell lock followed by bolt of chaos and shadow burn.

I usually have rain of fire up on the flag (if its a AB, BOG etc) or i have it up in a random location to get more burning embers.

Now I know with that set up I do help with burning down targets and killing EFCs and the rest. I play my role. But its just that I am not providing enough pressure or support in my opinion.

I use fire and brimstone whenever possible but in maps where everybody is spread out it has little effect. I can build up embers, use fire and brimstone and at the end I only hit 1 or 2 targets and not more.

If we are defending or capping a flag, then its build up embers and then fire and brimstone around the flag area, with immolate and incinerate up and rain of fire as well. But that is barely twice during a match.

I should be doing atleast 30 to 40% more damage in a BG to maximising my ability to play my class. We are at 1800 and get lose to 1900 but never break it. I feel that my damage is gimping the group to an extent and if we can burn down targets faster (where I can specifically help) that opens up our healers and FC to do whatever they need to do.

Plus in TOK that means the guys have less orbs. Basically its a DPS race and I need to increase my DPS.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Blademaster
    I think maybe your losing a bit of focus as to what destro's locks strength in RBG's are. Destro excels in large amounts of damage in a short window, so it is ideal for the swap and burst playstyle. Your damage is not going to be sustained like say affliction or a unholy dk, its ment to be bursty. Dont focus on how much overall damage you have done at the end of the bg, yes you want it to be high, but you can do top damage and still land no kills and lose the game. Its how and when you apply the damage in co-ordination with your team mates.

Do you have a target caller? (Dk normally for grip)

Are you saving you embers to burst at the same time as your team mates, i.e full DP and insanity from sp, Pillar for dks, reck, ascendance etc. As long as your just not throwing random chaos bolts out that will be healed pretty much straight away if no cc is going out.

Also Havoc, i cant stress enough how important that you use this spell for EVERY burst window you have, it creates so much pressure for the other teams healers, they shit their pants when you all switch and one players hp drops to 20% in 2 gcds while only to suddenly notices someone else has dropped to 50% from your havoc CB, what this does is open up windows for secondary switches and more importantly sows panic and pressure into the other teams healer camp.

CC wise you should be rotating your fear dr through the enemy teams healers, never stop doing this as yes it will be broken but it will also act as a short interupt and could be just enough time to land a kill.

When you want to burst or when your RL is calling for it, you must have Dark Soul and at least 2 embers. Wait for the count down switch, pop ds, 2x conflag, Havoc a second target (i like to target healers since you'd be amazed how many not so good ones forget about their own hp while trying to top off the raid) then start casting CB 2 secs before the dk grips, that way your havoc'd buffed bolt should land as the switch happens, then continue to pump as many bolts into your kill target as you can. If you run out of embers, consider fearing a healer since cc is far more likely to land you a kill than one incinerate, and you can follow up with damage after the cc. Shadowfury is amazing for this.

Hope this helps a little, and like i said will be dependent on your teams playstyle, if they are more geared towards constant pressure then maybe you should consider playing affliction, otherwise stick with it and get some switch practice in, once you all learn to land spells in around the same gcd, destro is one of the best specs for killing players in the game.

Our target caller changes due to well us being a semi-casual guild. It is a DK or a warrior or a shadow priest. Also different players. We normally start off on a healer and cc the other two and attempt to constantly CC them as much as possible. But thank you for your advice. Between this and the other thread on the official forums, my play style has changed. I have focused more on killing the target off instead of sustained DPS.

We also broke 1900 this week and beat a 2000 rated team and got very close to beating a 2100 team. So happy with the advice. It has upped my DPS but also has helped landing the kills when needed. So thank you. I may come back for more advice if or when we break 2000/2100.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Blademaster
    No probs mate, anytime