Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 1 of 119
... LastLast

Official Warlock Green Fire thread [spoilers]

EXPECT SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

Mod Edit: You can find all basic information about where the Green Fire quests starts and what the first parts entail in this news post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Live-This-Week

For any further information, like how to kill Kanrethad, I suggest you read this thread, or use it to ask questions.

Here's one kill video from the thread to possibly give you a basic idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFvsURRmMEE

Here's a thread with frequently asked questions about the final boss fight. You might find an answer there to common questions that are answered throughout this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Ebonlocke-FAQs

Here's another nice guide, with video, that could possibly help you understand the fight: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20537679

There's now apparently a Boss mod that gives warnings and such for the fight available: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8green-fire%29

So...I've been regularly checking MMO-Champion's home page for the past couple days, and I have yet to see any news on the Book of Xereth quest line that leads us to green fire. If anyone has any updates please post here. Because I think I am not the only warlock asking this question...To those who do not care for green fire, all I can say is "Oh well." I'm just looking for updates on the subject.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-24 at 05:44 PM.

So far there hasn't really been anything substantial added to the PTR. There's been a couple NPC abilities that might be associated with the quests, but without the proper context they're pretty meaningless. So far, I haven't seen any new datamined quests or items beyond what was dug up in 5.1, even the last quest with the "wait for 5.2" cliffhanger line still remains untouched. The Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion is still lost.

I heard on twitter last week that they were still finishing the questline, so it's not on the PTR yet.

If you check the latest files on Wowhead, they are constantly adding stuff related to the quest. As of "when", I certainly hope we get a confirmation on the manner we are starting it or an actual testing opportunity on the PTR.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I heard on twitter last week that they were still finishing the questline, so it's not on the PTR yet.
    Is it possible to provide a link on this?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If you check the latest files on Wowhead, they are constantly adding stuff related to the quest. As of "when", I certainly hope we get a confirmation on the manner we are starting it or an actual testing opportunity on the PTR.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:00 AM ----------

Is it possible to provide a link on this?
    I agree, a link would be nifty. Also Deviantcultist...Your picture brought nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    I agree, a link would be nifty. Also Deviantcultist...Your picture brought nostalgia.
    Yeah, I tend to put nostalgic pictures on. Used to be Final Fantasy characters and now this. As of the questline, there are various hopes for the next PTR build since it taking so long to be updated. More than a week as of now?

Ah, I want to see how the whole new blood theme is to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yeah, I tend to put nostalgic pictures on. Used to be Final Fantasy characters and now this. As of the questline, there are various hopes for the next PTR build since it taking so long to be updated. More than a week as of now?

Ah, I want to see how the whole new blood theme is to be applied.

New Blood theme? I am unaware
    :O

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    New Blood theme? I am unaware
    :O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAeKAKkMLc

Check the Dark Animus encounters and the Blood Elves mentioning lots of things about blood as a power source and that being a work of the Titans. Although logic says it is compatible with the Warlock theme, I am terribly afraid that it might be a Mage thing :/

i can't believe that there still hasn't been any news on the warlock questline other than those green fire icons. I really hope this questline doesn't get pushed back another patch or two.

The news is here:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ire-questline/

"Yes, it's happening, and next PTR build you should be able to test it. Please use this thread for your feedback on the experience, and please expect there will be spoilers here.

(Please do not use this thread to discuss other warlock or non-warlock related topics, including but not limited to, your pitch for a quest line for your class.)

To begin the Black Harvest questline on the PTR, you can find an item that starts the quest as a drop on the "Green Flame Infernal." When 5.2 goes live, the item will be rarer but not stupidly rare.

Known Issues:
    1) At one point you will be asked to speak with a Warlock trainer. The quest is not hooked up to every possible trainer, so keep talking to trainers until you find one.
    2) At a later point in the quest, there is a timed element. In the current build, you must finish the trial within the time frame given or be forced to redo it. In a future build, you will be able to proceed even if you fail the time check. This will make sense when you see it."

The time trial thing is ... interesting !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The news is here:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ire-questline/

"Yes, it's happening, and next PTR build you should be able to test it. Please use this thread for your feedback on the experience, and please expect there will be spoilers here.

(Please do not use this thread to discuss other warlock or non-warlock related topics, including but not limited to, your pitch for a quest line for your class.)

To begin the Black Harvest questline on the PTR, you can find an item that starts the quest as a drop on the "Green Flame Infernal." When 5.2 goes live, the item will be rarer but not stupidly rare.

Known Issues:
    1) At one point you will be asked to speak with a Warlock trainer. The quest is not hooked up to every possible trainer, so keep talking to trainers until you find one.
    2) At a later point in the quest, there is a timed element. In the current build, you must finish the trial within the time frame given or be forced to redo it. In a future build, you will be able to proceed even if you fail the time check. This will make sense when you see it."

The time trial thing is ... interesting !
    Nice, looks like there will be alot of hunting for this 'green flame infernal' once the build goes up. If i had to guess i'd assume its a warlock can see only rare mob that can spawn on the new daily island ? - cus i'd be pissed if i saw some hunter or something tag it before i could reach it :P

I would hope it's visible only to locks (prevent griefing) but I wouldn't bet on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I would hope it's visible only to locks (prevent griefing) but I wouldn't bet on it
    If all classes can see and tag it hopefully it means the spawn rate could be relatively fast, like the rare that drops hardened shell

Deleted
    The quest is up I'm doing it right now on the PTR

Ugh, I still can't get onto the ptr. Haven't been able to this entire cycle.

Deleted
    Well that was fast, shortly after starting the quest line I got an error "You don't match the required conditions for this quest" (in french). Looks like I'm blocked now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The quest is up I'm doing it right now on the PTR
    How/where did you start it?

Deleted
    There was an Infernal near the Island portal near the Niuzao Temple.

It would be cool if the Green Infernal mob was visible and tagable by any class, but was immune to all non warlock attacks. So that when the wrong class tried to tag it and grief someone it would just own them. Or, they could make attacking the mob flag you for PvP. Otherwise I am going to camp it on my Gnome rogue.

Detailing my way through it here:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...886#post634886

The questline involves a lot of you having to think for yourself.