Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 9 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

I know it's on the front page right now. I was supposed to put it up faster if it wasn't for my screen to burst into flames (unfortunately they were yellow and now green:/) and for the last part of the quest to be a pain in the behind.

The difference between this video and the one on the main page is basically this is a bit more extended and trying to show the spell from more angles so if you just wanted a quick impression of the Green Fire, you're better off not watching :P.

Also getting close to 48 hours of no sleep, nighty night beautiful summoners of stuff!
    This should have been posted in the official thread (where I merged it to). I'll do you this courtesy quote to make sure people in that thread get to see it.

I don't know, being forced to get Green Meta as well is unfair. I cannot believe that it is only I who HATES Green Meta but loves green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This should have been posted in the official thread (where I merged it to). I'll do you this courtesy quote to make sure people in that thread get to see it.
    I know I should have posted it here but at that point I couldn't even see the monitor straight, I was rather tired and my new monitor likes to screw with my eyes. Not used to it one little bit. Thanks for moving it<3.

I find the last imp phase to be impossible to handle.Damage is huge even if it isnt reflected in combat log.Bug maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    I find the last imp phase to be impossible to handle.Damage is huge even if it isnt reflected in combat log.Bug maybe ?
    What number of phase are you talking about?
    There's 1imp/1fh/1Doomlord or w/e /2imp/2FH/2Doomthing.
    I'll make a guide on how to beat that guy a bit later but maybe I can help you in the meanwhile.

Deleted
    I started going at Kanrethad as destro, because in my mind it was the best choice due to all the self healing and burst to clear the imps/felhunters quickly.
    After some (ok many) wipes at the 2nd felhunter or 2nd doomguard pack, I tried it as affliction and killed him "easily" in a couple of tries arround the time he finished to summon the 2nd imp pack.

.498, 2 set only

.enslave demon glyph

.dark regen
    .howl of terror
    .soul link
    .uw
    .gosac imp (for the dispel)
    .kjc

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I have a question: Does Dark Soul turn green too?

It should.
    Nop

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    None of the videos so far have shown it, but, are
    - Chaos Bolt and/or Fel Flame changed? Are they greener or something?
    - Are regular Imp's spells green?
    - What about talents? Dark Bargain, Dark Regeneration, Sacrificial Pact... do they get green?
    - Twilight Ward? Unending Resolve?
    -Chaos bolt looks the same, fel flame might seem a bit greenish, but not sure
    -Imp still has the same firebolt color
    -DB is still purple, DR still purple, sac pact still red
    -TW and UR are both unchanged

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I don't know, being forced to get Green Meta as well is unfair. I cannot believe that it is only I who HATES Green Meta but loves green fire.
    I also prefer Purple meta but want green fire I feel your pain

Armory^

What number of phase are you talking about?
    There's 1imp/1fh/1Doomlord or w/e /2imp/2FH/2Doomthing.
    I'll make a guide on how to beat that guy a bit later but maybe I can help you in the meanwhile.
    I get the 1 set of imps/felhunter/doomlord then imps again ~10% of boss hp.
    I guess my dps is the problem since i shouldn't get that 2nd pack of imps,but i think doom debuff is what makes it so difficult.I get stunned constantly in the end.

You would help me if you can tell me the matter of what to dispell.I can't doom obviously,and sometimes he does 2x SoC on me.I try to dispell SoC most of the times and Agony after some stacks, but this isnt working for me.Felhunters are easy.Just spam RoF at the portal so you get the aggro,Havoc on 1st chaos bolt on second, then kill the third.Doomguard perma banished, but imps are my problem.I use Unending resolve dark regen and healthstone on them,sometimes even Emper tap(glyphed),but hey seem not to be enough on second spawn.Maybe it has something to do with bosses buff?Because i use the Pit Lord's breath thing on Imps for extra dmg.

I am not on PTR atm,maybe i will try again tommorow.Should i try LoSing them so everything will spawn then start nuking them?Or maybe i should use Infernal on them istead of Doomguard on boss, dunno really.I might even try using Affliction instead of Destro (and MF instead of KJC so i will spam SoE on boss)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-07 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    I get the 1 set of imps/felhunter/doomlord then imps again ~10% of boss hp.
    I guess my dps is the problem since i shouldn't get that 2nd pack of imps,but i think doom debuff is what makes it so difficult.I get stunned constantly in the end.

You would help me if you can tell me the matter of what to dispell.I can't doom obviously,and sometimes he does 2x SoC on me.I try to dispell SoC most of the times and Agony after some stacks, but this isnt working for me.Felhunters are easy.Just spam RoF at the portal so you get the aggro,Havoc on 1st chaos bolt on second, then kill the third.Doomguard perma banished, but imps are my problem.I use Unending resolve dark regen and healthstone on them,sometimes even Emper tap(glyphed),but hey seem not to be enough on second spawn.Maybe it has something to do with bosses buff?Because i use the Pit Lord's breath thing on Imps for extra dmg.

I am not on PTR atm,maybe i will try again tommorow.Should i try LoSing them so everything will spawn then start nuking them?Or maybe i should use Infernal on them istead of Doomguard on boss, dunno really.I might even try using Affliction instead of Destro (and MF instead of KJC so i will spam SoE on boss)
    The first time I killed it, I had my 2nd Doomlord up so you obviously have more DPS than I did . The 2nd pack of Felhunters is insane, they dispell your Enslave so much it's not even funny. The way I deal with the 2nd imps phase (I am destro) is making the pet use his AoE instantly, drop a RoF so I can spam Ember Tap (un-glyphed) and just keep them near the boss so my pet can hit both of them while I spam some Fire and Brimstone spells as well.
    For dispelling I just spam the button. You get stunned because from time to time, he puts an imp on you. The icon of the imp is the same as SoC and you can't dispel it. Agony isn't good to have in the long time and the SoC look-alike should go away instantly so you are better off just dispelling constantly.

Deleted
    How about the Dreadsteed?

The first time I killed it, I had my 2nd Doomlord up so you obviously have more DPS than I did . The 2nd pack of Felhunters is insane, they dispell your Enslave so much it's not even funny. The way I deal with the 2nd imps phase (I am destro) is making the pet use his AoE instantly, drop a RoF so I can spam Ember Tap (un-glyphed) and just keep them near the boss so my pet can hit both of them while I spam some Fire and Brimstone spells as well.
    For dispelling I just spam the button. You get stunned because from time to time, he puts an imp on you. The icon of the imp is the same as SoC and you can't dispel it. Agony isn't good to have in the long time and the SoC look-alike should go away instantly so you are better off just dispelling constantly.
    Thanks for the info.I guess i have to deal with pet positioning better then.Reposition him next to the portal once he starts summoning imps.I kinda panic when Imps are up and mess with my dispell there (blindly press it without checking my debuffs).I guess i should copy my UI to have better focus of the situation (not using any addons in PTR).

Edit:

Other note is that i might have to do some further reforge into mastery (I just bought t15,gemmed enchanted it,reforged till hit cap) then left to try the quest.I am doing it as destro too btw but i was thinking trying to do it as affliction.

Also, should i use Soul Link during Imp phase on Pit Lord?I wont try it till tommorow again and i thought i should try this once.

Last my biggest concern is that i am not doing any PvE, and i have poor gear (492ilvl with mostly lfr gear and 4-5 normal gear), and i don't think i will able it to do this when it goes live even if i will be lucky enough to get the quest drop fast enough
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-07 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Am I the only one having big display problems since having Green Fire ?
    Sometimes I don't see any spell effect when I'm casting. More annoying, when another Warlock cast a regular Rain of Fire I have like 10 RoF at a time like if I had modified the SpellEffectLevel :/ Pretty horrible

Deleted
    So, you are saying that's not just a self spell modifier.

Need another vid to prove it Zum ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    How about the Dreadsteed?
    for now, unnafected.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

are they really removing warlock island from the quest chain?

sucks because it looked cool.

the "magma" animation on the warlock's foot for chaos bolt si finally green?

i hate the red animation for chaos bolt

Going to be honest for a second and say that it looks rather meh. I know we have been wanting green fire for a long time and I know we now have access to it but I dunno it just seems too neon and overwhelming. Everything is green. Everything! Visually I prefer normal fire.

It will definitely have to grow on me.

I'm a fan of the green Meta, but I'd like to see the Red cracks in the ground for Immolation Aura become Green. Same thing with the meteors from Rain of Fire.

Also, wasn't the GoSup Infernal supposed to be green?

I guess maybe it's still just an early version and not all the effects are in yet. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post

I guess maybe it's still just an early version and not all the effects are in yet. >.>
    Might be, it's not uncommon to have artwork come in later when things have allready been out for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    I'm a fan of the green Meta, but I'd like to see the Red cracks in the ground for Immolation Aura become Green. Same thing with the meteors from Rain of Fire.

Also, wasn't the GoSup Infernal supposed to be green?

thank you! your the first person other than myself that I've seen notice the red colored meteors in the green rain of fire. they even glow kinda red/orangish.
    I really think they should change it the meteors should be colored more like little mini infernals, still though all and all it looks great and am glad i can finally cast my fel fire
    Last edited by demonik; 2013-02-08 at 02:16 AM.