Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm... so once you complete it you lose all your fire spells? And you're stuck with the new green stuff forever?
    I thought they'd make it like a on/off button... something like paladin auras.. gotta say I'm disappointed, considering not even getting green fire if that's the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcontes View Post
    Hmm... so once you complete it you lose all your fire spells? And you're stuck with the new green stuff forever?
    I thought they'd make it like a on/off button... something like paladin auras.. gotta say I'm disappointed, considering not even getting green fire if that's the case...
    You can talk to the chick to turn it on and off after you finish the quest. She is in Shadowmoon Valley.

The inferno it drops from, is it just 1 mob, like a rare, or are there lots of them?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a placeholder mob that respawns every 15 minutes or so next to the Shado-Pan Garrison.

Also, Kanrethad is freaking hard. As it stands he'll probably be impossible for casual and undergeared warlock players.

The mechanics of the fight are simple enough to grasp, but his damage output is pretty crazy and everything is going on all at the same time. All in a single moment, you may be getting hit with DoTs, drawn into a black hole, getting rain of fired, fighting a bunch of felhounds (I haven't gotten past this phase) and trying to re-enslave the pitlord, all while having to avoid his chaos bolts that can instantly kill you (LoS behind a pillar).

I'm hoping they break the fight up into more manageable phases instead of having him constantly throwing everything he has at you.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-02-08 at 03:00 PM.

i'd like green dreadsteed (and also a graphic restilyng, and wings...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's a placeholder mob that respawns every 15 minutes or so next to the Shado-Pan Garrison.

Also, Kanrethad is freaking hard. As it stands he'll probably be impossible for casual and undergeared warlock players.

The mechanics of the fight are simple enough to grasp, but his damage output is pretty crazy and everything is going on all at the same time. All in a single moment, you may be getting hit with DoTs, drawn into a black hole, getting rain of fired, fighting a bunch of felhounds (I haven't gotten past this phase) and trying to re-enslave the pitlord, all while having to avoid his chaos bolts that can instantly kill you (LoS behind a pillar).

I'm hoping they break the fight up into more manageable phases instead of having him constantly throwing everything he has at you.

Yes its hard, i think with better equipment he should be easier to do. I tried him for 2 hours yesterday and I was wiping ~10% when he was summoning the 2nd pack of imps. I did 3-4 tries again today and the best was at 8% when he spawned the 2nd pack of fellhunters. And i doupt i will make it since i need more time to kill him before he summons the 2nd doomguard. Banishing the 1st one is quite the problem atm for me.

To summarize the tactic i am using : Sacrificing imp for dispell

Portal and gateway on mid with gateway's other end being behind the pillar.

Running around the circle to avoid hellfire.
    Losing Chaos Bolt via gateway interrupting his Cataclysm with Pit lord's stun
    Dispelling SoC every time, and after some time i wait for him to start summoning, SoC to wear off then dispell Agony.

For Summons :

Enslaving the Pit Lord and using his breath ability to dispell bosses dmg buff.

Imp :Placing Pit Lord on top of were Imp spawn, using his breath spell then using my own AoE (I use all defensives here)

Felhunters : I place RoF on spawn so they aggor me fast and not Pit Lord. I keep my 2nd Demon Soul waiting for them. I Havoc the first, Chaos bolting the second, then chaos bolt the third.
    Doomguard : Banish at all times
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-08 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to LoS the chaos bolt, you can easily live through it with SacPact + Voidwalker GoSac \ Unending Resolve. I've lived through it with just SacPact and nothing else besides some Soul Leech shield. Your losing a lot of uptime on the boss running away from them.

For Fel Hunters, make sure you dispell yourself clean right after the cataclysm before he summons them, then 'Move to' your pit lord well out of range of the dispell. I have a video \ write up in this post.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    You talk as if it was easy enough that you can use your abilities and go through it easy. You have to be flawless, with everything. I can do it, but the difficulty is annoying. I have my reasons for hating soloing, and this fight brings out the worst.

It needs a small nerf in difficulty. Not enough to trivialize it, but enough to put it in place with people who have difficulty due to other reasons than "LOLOL123123123"
    Sorry for the late reply, schoolwork bombed me.

I did use my abilities and go through it easily (2nd time, first time I derped a chaos bolt to the face). Granted, I'm not every player, but I didn't find it insanely challenging. It was about the same as finishing the Dragonwrath Nexus questline. I talented for survivability and charged most of his casts, LoS what I couldn't charge, and nuked as Destro. I didn't find it difficult personally at 498 iLevel. That being said, I can see if they think it's a bit too punishing and reduce the difficulty. It's supposidly a "legendary" quest for a purely cosmetic effect, so I don't personally see the need to do so, but it wouldn't shock and bother my world if it was nerfed a bit. I'm not going to be elitist and say it should be nearly impossible or you don't deserve it, but at the same time, I personally believe that if you don't have to work hard for something such as green fire, something that has absolutely no throughput value, you don't value it nearly as much.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    @Zumzum Thx that worked =)

mmmmh....

The warlock island had been cancelled, for now they say, but i bet we will never see it....

I dunno why, things they do for Lock have always the best intentions but ends to be left half done...You all know this is the very last hope to see some content for our class, we waited 8 years, and my hope was they were able to do it properly, in the end i will do this quest and probably stop playing, given the tremendous nerf the patch bring.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    No reason to LoS the chaos bolt, you can easily live through it with SacPact + Voidwalker GoSac \ Unending Resolve. I've lived through it with just SacPact and nothing else besides some Soul Leech shield. Your losing a lot of uptime on the boss running away from them.

For Fel Hunters, make sure you dispell yourself clean right after the cataclysm before he summons them, then 'Move to' your pit lord well out of range of the dispell. I have a video \ write up in this post.
    No idea i could dispell myself with Pit Lord's dispell. I thought it was for dispelling bosses dmg debuff thanks for the info

just thought i'd post that ghostcrawler said that the codex of xerrath will not affect the warlock mounts, but he does say that we might be able to see it get effected in 5.3
    so i guess we won't be able to ride a dreadsteed with green fire

here's the link: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...00377867210753

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    just thought i'd post that ghostcrawler said that the codex of xerrath will not affect the warlock mounts, but he does say that we might be able to see it get effected in 5.3
    so i guess we won't be able to ride a dreadsteed with green fire

here's the link: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...00377867210753
    lol LOVE the joker that says "Ghostcrawler promised me a Green, Demonic Pony!" in that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    A huge bug just happened to me. One of my gateways was right at the place Kanrethad walks to during the small rp before the fight, so looks like he got stuck in it . He summoned the pit lord and nothing else, no Chaos Bolt, no Cataclysm, nothing.
    I will try to reproduce the bug later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammon View Post
    A huge bug just happened to me. One of my gateways was right at the place Kanrethad walks to during the small rp before the fight, so looks like he got stuck in it . He summoned the pit lord and nothing else, no Chaos Bolt, no Cataclysm, nothing.
    I will try to reproduce the bug later.
    I had the same thing today, he just stood there looking pretty. I didnt have a gateway on top of his gateway tho, so it's probably another kind of bug.

Deleted
    Immolation Aura changed/fixed in the new PTR build: i.imgur.com/5Np15bq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arcontes View Post

Here's a video showing where and how you do that. It's as simple as talking to a NPC and costs 500g to unlearn. You can learn it again for free tho.

Took the weekend to do the quest finaly but its bugged the last boss stands there doing nothing just summons the pitlord.

The last PTR build have a new Metamorphosis fel icon, but what about that other icon, could it be fel Cataclysm?

http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/av...clysmgreen.jpg

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by dalec View Post
    Immolation Aura changed/fixed in the new PTR build: i.imgur.com/5Np15bq.jpg
    When I saw the cracks in the ground are also green I literally said "holy shit" outloud.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.