Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

What a retarded implemention...

This should not drop for non warlocks, making the rares worthless for them would be the better alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post

This should not drop for non warlocks, making the rares worthless for them would be the better alternative.
    I think account bound would've been the better solution, that way if you happen to kill a rare while not on your lock you can at least mail it to your lock after. BoE means rampant greed and a gold rush as people attempt to make the most gold out of it before it becomes more common. Hell my inner greedy bastard is tempted to sell off the first one I find. I just hope it doesn't only drop from the rares. Farming other mobs with a low droprate i'm not too fussed with, but having to camp rare spawns on the other hand I hate.

Overall however i think i'll take it slow and wait it out. 495 ilvl so i may as well wait till i'm geared in some normal and lfr ToT gear before I attempt it anyway, so i can afford to wait for a drop. On the other hand however if i luck out and get one sooner i'll just bang my head against the encounted until I complete it.

Deleted

Green fire in it's current state

Looks too much like nuclear waste, anyone else would rather have a less bright colour of green? I think Chaos bolt and fel flame are pretty good examples. Almost.

Also making this topic on the official warlock forum

The bright color ruined it for me, so yes definitely.

There is a mod or something you can download that let's you change you race to like w/e you want I'm sure they will update it to have green fire so don't even worry about the quest line!!! Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    There is a mod or something you can download that let's you change you race to like w/e you want I'm sure they will update it to have green fire so don't even worry about the quest line!!! Haha
    Yeah and those mods are against the rules. The chance of being caught using them and getting measures taken on your account might be small, but officially it's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Looks too much like nuclear waste, anyone else would rather have a less bright colour of green? I think Chaos bolt and fel flame are pretty good examples. Almost.

Also making this topic on the official warlock forum
    while I can understand where your coming from The new green fire is on the bright side, but that is what fel fire is. it's a greenish yellow fire kinda like what the comic book character spawn's eyes and magic look like or what mountain dew kinda looks like lol. The fel fire and chaos bolt look a little darker because there is some black in them. I personally like the new animations and can't wait to get them, but I guess some would consider it too bright and I guess if blizzard wanted they could tone the brightness down a bit, either way i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah and those mods are against the rules. The chance of being caught using them and getting measures taken on your account might be small, but officially it's not allowed.
    Cosmetic changes seem to be fine. Plenty of big streamers have used them for a long time like Reckful and Dakkroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Cosmetic changes seem to be fine. Plenty of big streamers have used them for a long time like Reckful and Dakkroth.
    Again, it depends, even cosmetic changes can confer an 'in game advantage' such as improving visibility and such. Pretty sure they'd come down hard on someone using it for that; but since modding it is more than enough reason in the first place, I wouldn't see the point in risking it. Besides, it's cooler if it's something others can see you've 'achieved'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Hold on, model changing from orc to draenai

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post

All the other classes get nothing from all this green fire thing. If anything, making it boe so that if it drops for non-warlocks they'd get some gold for it seems fair to me.

Can the questline still be started from the green flame infernal as it was on ptr a few weeks ago? Or was the drop changed?

I think the bright "nuclear waste" colour is fine. It's fel fire. It's supposed to look sickly/acidic.

Fel has always had that nasty tinge to it, ever since Shadowmoon Valley (which is pretty much Fel central)
    http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1210/1...a41c2e7d_z.jpg (<-- random link off google images)

I wouldn't change it for the world tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    I think the bright "nuclear waste" colour is fine. It's fel fire. It's supposed to look sickly/acidic.

Fel has always had that nasty tinge to it, ever since Shadowmoon Valley (which is pretty much Fel central)

I wouldn't change it for the world tbh.
    yeah that is exactly how fel fire is suppose to look. When you described it as sickly i thought that was pefect. it represents the taint that fel magic is in its purest form. I really hope they don't try changing the tint because i love it as is.

Deleted
    I remember the green fire thing was being discussed even back in vanilla, pretty crazy that we are finally getting it. However, I do have a question: Do you guys think that the boss will be doable with full 5.2 LFR gear? I have no time for normal, let alone heroic raids, and I ain't gonna whine if it's not within reach, just curious if I should bother when 5.2 hits, or just wait for the next tier to try.

I think it's fucking stupid that they are putting these things on rare mobs only to increase the drop rate in later patches for "unlucky players". What the hell does that accomplish? Just give it to every lock in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I think it's fucking stupid that they are putting these things on rare mobs only to increase the drop rate in later patches for "unlucky players". What the hell does that accomplish? Just give it to every lock in the first place.
    not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but if your not i agree with you. Obtaining the quest shouldn't be a problem, the challenge should lie in the quest itself and how good you can play a warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I don't think they said anything about increasing the drop rate in later patches. They said it would start off rare but become more commonplace, but that's something you would expect to happen naturally as people pick them up, stop hording them for alts and sell them on, take multiple alts through the area for the dailies and so on, and then ultimately outgear the questline which is apparently difficult in even the best current gear.

In later patches and expansions it'll probably become rarer again as people stop going to the isle.

Exactly how rare will the Sealed tome of the lost legion be? I mean "•The Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion for the Warlock green fire quest will be a rare drop from the new rare spawns, bosses, and mobs on the Isle of Thunder. Later patches will likely increase the drop rate so that unlucky Warlocks will be able to get it." If you dont get it this patch, why dont you try the next one? :S

The Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion for the Warlock green fire quest will be a rare drop from the new rare spawns, bosses, and mobs on the Isle of Thunder. Later patches will likely increase the drop rate so that unlucky Warlocks will be able to get it.
    not to excited about the rare drop. very possible some wont even get to use green fire until future patches....

Quote Originally Posted by exjay View Post
    not to excited about the rare drop. very possible some wont even get to use green fire until future patches....
    Ah, that's too bad :S