Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 19 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The fight is a real pain, just completed it myself but only just beat the soft enrage with 496 ilvl gear, it'd be near impossible with dungeon or pvp gear without some sort of nerf. Main thing I can say is enslave the pitlord he summons if your not doing that already, he has several abilities that are mandatory for the fight. Use the pitlords fel flame breath on cooldown to remove the damage buff on the boss and do a good amount of damage, save his charge interrupt for cataclysm. Put a portal behind a pillar and line-of-sight whenever boss casts chaos bolt. Use GoSac w/ imp and self dispel the agony dot he puts on you. Other than that just kill the add waves as they come at you, except when he summons the doomguard, keep that banished throughout the fight.

When he summons felhunters, thats the toughest part of the fight since they dispel your enslavement on the pitlord. Save dps cooldowns for when they are about to spawn and burn them down quick and re-enslave the pitlord. I highly recommend destro for the fight since you can save embers for bursting felhunters and havoc/chaos bolt 2 of them down pretty fast.
    Last edited by jman101; 2013-03-06 at 10:27 AM.

Alright here goes

1. Enslave the pitlord, make 2 macro's with his abilites ( the heal + one macro to make him do his aoe breath on YOU, remember it dispells all but the Doom on you!)

2. i only used his stun for the Cataclysm

3. place a teleport somewhere out of line of sight for Chaos Bolt

4. Imp phase, go stand near the big portal and place your pit lord in front of you, while dpsing the boss. turn on some Rain of fire for embers + let the pitlord kill them by having him breath on you (macro!) , with the macro u're able to "aim" yourself if you miss some imps.

5. felhunter phase. dispell + heal yourself before you dismiss the pitlord, insta-summon Voildord and make him taunt the pitlord. Afterwards send him to each felhunter while you dps them. (make sure to use HAVOC!!). this has to be done fast to be able to enslave the pit lord again for Cataclysm (be aware of chaos bolt too, i tend to tunnel vision the felhunter and totally forget about the chaos bolt)

6. the doomguard or w/e (Doomlord kazzak dude ): he's just a dps race, focus him down while havoc'ing the boss. i used cooldowns on himt to get him down before the next imps. NOTE: i only killed the first one. when you get to the 2nd wave. i just BANISHEDhim for the remainder of the fight (you'll die from Doom before the 3rd one spawns)
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    dropped off 2nd rare. my common sense managed to overwhelm my greed so i started the quest instead of selling it.

Deleted
    only fire I guess...

It should also drop from normal mobs on the Isle of thunder but with a smaller chance..

but does anyone know if the dinosaurs on the isle of giants maybe have a bit bigger chance of dropping it too?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same just dropped off second rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    its beyond stupid , been faming rares since realms came up , got 2 stones and 15 valor pts from book...

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me hours and hours and I finally got it. Then I got to Kanrethed and my game crashed! I weep, now I have to do it all over again.

Warcraft is a cruel mistress.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard my guild's most active lock talking about how he saw it in the loot window from a rare, but another lock that participated managed to take it. Is the Tome not part of the shared loot/rollable loot list or something? It seems a bit harsh to allow it to be stolen like that.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I heard my guild's most active lock talking about how he saw it in the loot window from a rare, but another lock that participated managed to take it. Is the Tome not part of the shared loot/rollable loot list or something? It seems a bit harsh to allow it to be stolen like that.
    It's literally different loot for each person. That warlock didn't take it, he also got it from the rare.

Has anyone got a tome off a non rare yet? I had the same tome issue happen with my guild, friend saw a tome drop and some dude got it but I never actually saw the tome on the body, hoping it drops from non-rares so I dont have to speed click the damn thing

Armory^

Took me about 20 rares to get it to drop

I don't believe it drops from non rares on live, but I could be wrong

When you got it, could anyone else see the tome Sabsy?

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    This same thing happened to me. I saw the tome in the loot window, then it disappeared as if someone had looted it. All I was left with was the valor tome after a fleeting moment of triumph. I've killed dozens of rares since and haven't received anything but valor tomes.

Got it on my first rare and I am still stuck on the final boss. 503ilv

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm that the tome drops or does not drop from summoned rares (using the ritual stones)?

Seriously, Kanrethad is just absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted
    You got to earn the right to cast green spells !

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You got to earn the right to cast green spells !
    So how do you expect casual players to get? Without raiding your ilv this patch would be around 505ish..i went in with almost full heorics t14 and couldnt even kill it

Deleted
    Casual players won't kill him but not because of their gear, it was killable on the PTR (i.e very laggy) with 500ish ilvl, and it has already probably already been killed by a lot of people on Live now. Keep on trying you will increase your knowledge of the fight !

Quote Originally Posted by petesakan View Post
    So how do you expect casual players to get? Without raiding your ilv this patch would be around 505ish..i went in with almost full heorics t14 and couldnt even kill it
    It just means you are doing it wrong. I was Ilvl 496 when I killed him on ptr, and the only change from ptr to live is he has a little more hp and the felhunter's devour magic is spammed on your pitlord when the felhunters are not stunned. Because of that he is giving me some trouble (I don't use the LoS strat because it doesn't feel like it is an intended mechanic, so it is a little more difficult) but it is definitely downable.