Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Some related advice, if you can't loot a rare (it seems pretty buggy for now) you can try two things, both worked for me :
    - try to get away and come back to the corpse some minutes later
    - try to kill another mob under the rare's corpse and AoE loot on the new corpse

10+ Year Old Account
    After checking around with some friends who did do it on the PTR, it seems they really did make the fight harder than it was originally. Woof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    kanrethad really does need to be nerfed a little bit. He's far too difficult to take down for about probably 80% of the warlock community. good luck if your a pvp'er...probably won't be getting green fire for awhile
    That's because everyone and his grandmother rerolled warlock nowadays.....

The last boss was kinda challenging with 498 ilvl. Spent about 3 hours wiping first as demo and then as affliction. Sometimes to bad play or bad RNG, but 70-80% of the time to either the first or second Felhunter pack. Rest of the fight is quite easy but man those Felhunters... Pain to get them down in time. It was somewhat working as affliction, probably easy with ~510 but not reliable enough compared to destro with sub 500 gear.

After being frustrated and going to eat lunch I decided to give destro a try since I had heard it was better, it was such a MAJOR difference. The Felhunters melted. I got it down within a few attempts of going destro dispite never having played the spec before.

So yeah I highly recommend going destro even if you're not used to playing it, not that hard to play it good enough for this boss anyway. Had a lot of time to spare on the Doom with 498 gear, should definatly be doable in 490 but lower then that you might struggle some.

Edit: Reading a little back the idea of LoS'ing your pitlord probably makes a world of difference, as that is the only hard part of the fight really. Wish i had thought of that!

People who killed kanrethad, did you get the boss down before the second doom lord if not, how on earth did u deal with 2 doom lords. I've gotten the boss down to 15% HP almost every try but always die to RNG/random aggro/misplay when the second doom lord spawns.

Can everyone confirm the rumor that the questitem is shared bossloot? So you have to click faster then the 100000 other warlocks who are killing the rare too?

This whole green fire thing is t13 cunning all over again (rnd factor for something amazing), i havent seen it once. Hope i get my green fire faster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqu View Post
    People who killed kanrethad, did you get the boss down before the second doom lord if not, how on earth did u deal with 2 doom lords. I've gotten the boss down to 15% HP almost every try but always die to RNG/random aggro/misplay when the second doom lord spawns.
    With 2 doom lords, I put Chaos on one and kept one banished. I killed him just after my third imp phase, but I died as he died. No credit for quest, but I got the fire now

It's not any harder than PTR, since he hardly ever casts Cataclysm here. He does however cast more soul fires. It is meant to be a challenge. I didn't get the book myself, but another lock in my guild got two, so he gave me one. I have completed the quest chain now, and he hasn't. It is tough, and it needs to be to be honest. Just wish the book had dropped for me

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Can everyone confirm the rumor that the questitem is shared bossloot? So you have to click faster then the 100000 other warlocks who are killing the rare too?

This whole green fire thing is t13 cunning all over again (rnd factor for something amazing), i havent seen it once. Hope i get my green fire faster
    It appears to be shared loot. I missed a rare, and the guys in my guild could see it drop, but not loot if of course. Not tried it with 2 locks there though! Haha.

I finally got my kill just now after a couple 2 mil wipes! I killed him shortly after the 2nd doom lord spawned, just keep one banished the whole fight and for the second one I didn't do anything, but I would think you could soul shatter it on to the pit lord. I don't know what your gear is like, but I'm 485 ilvl(it's an alt) with a terrible blue weapon, so if you're any better geared then me you should killing it before the 2nd doom lord. I don't know your spec but as destro the imp phase is incredibly helpful for spamming chaos bolts on the boss, for the fel stalkers, just bring them to you and if they never target your pet they shouldn't dispel it, though it's kind of rng sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I finally got my kill just now after a couple 2 mil wipes! I killed him shortly after the 2nd doom lord spawned, just keep one banished the whole fight and for the second one I didn't do anything, but I would think you could soul shatter it on to the pit lord. I don't know what your gear is like, but I'm 485 ilvl(it's an alt) with a terrible blue weapon, so if you're any better geared then me you should killing it before the 2nd doom lord. I don't know your spec but as destro the imp phase is incredibly helpful for spamming chaos bolts on the boss, for the fel stalkers, just bring them to you and if they never target your pet they shouldn't dispel it, though it's kind of rng sometimes.
    I guess it's just bad luck with RNG because everytime the fel pups spawn, they dispel the enslave regardless if they are focusing me or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    kanrethad really does need to be nerfed a little bit. He's far too difficult to take down for about probably 80% of the warlock community. good luck if your a pvp'er...probably won't be getting green fire for awhile
    I disagree. He does not need a nerf. Remember that most of us attempting him at the moment are essentially undergeared for the encounter (since he;s tuned for 5.2 gear ilvl). I was 495 ilvl when I downed him, and while tough it is certainly doable once you get the hang of the fight.

I had a 2nd doomguard spawn. I just feared it, kept the other banished and continued to nuke kanrethad. Didn't see a third imp phase though.

I guess it's just bad luck with RNG because everytime the fel pups spawn, they dispel the enslave regardless if they are focusing me or not.
    You need to have your pit LoS the felpups until their dead. I would LoS kanrethad's chaos bolt on me during that time by ducking behind a pillar and brining the last pup with me (other 2 were dead by then), which allowed me to send pit lord back onto kanrethad to be there in time for interupting the cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoc72a928fd88; 2013-03-07 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Noticed something weird yesterday too, even when a rare was tagged by Alliance (I'm Horde), i could get the tome of valor if i clicked fast enough.
    Is it just shared between faction, or between everyone? Or do you just get the vp thing as a a minor reward for participating?

And please no talks about cunning, the only night it decided to drop was when i dced 2 min before the boss died and i wasnt eligible for loot....

Deleted
    Not sure. Only been getting tomes of valour lately despite which faction tags it. Seems i used up all my luck with the loot gods when they gave me the tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Noticed something weird yesterday too, even when a rare was tagged by Alliance (I'm Horde), i could get the tome of valor if i clicked fast enough.
    Is it just shared between faction, or between everyone? Or do you just get the vp thing as a a minor reward for participating?

And please no talks about cunning, the only night it decided to drop was when i dced 2 min before the boss died and i wasnt eligible for loot....
    "This system allows anyone from either faction, in your group, solo, or in another group to take part in killing these NPCs and get a chance at the loot, without affecting your loot chances. For now, it only works for the new rares and big quest mobs introduced in Patch 5.2."

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 12:27 AM ----------

What I did was throw a rain of fire down by the portal and hit them as soon as they came out so they don't even target him, so I'm off on one side killing the dogs while the pit lord is on the boss. I agree it is pretty RNG though, sometimes they leave him alone, sometimes they spam him and you're running for your life and then die to a chaos bolt because you weren't paying close enough attention, the only thing for me was for everything to go perfectly and to not screw up. The green fire is awesome though, it's a pain in the ass but I think it's worth it.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-03-07 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    First off, I completed the quest yesterday, farmed between 20 and 30 rare mobs for my drop.
    I tried to kill the boss as Affliction, wich turned out to be extremely painful. As Destruction I could kill him on my second attempt.

Now to the real problem: I killed the boss, the whole green Fire thing started and I turned in the quest. After that I left the scenario and came back to Black Temple for Transmog-Loot (Shard of Azzinoth). The thing is: I can't do Black Temple anymore. When I enter the raid through its normal entrance, I end up in an empty instance, that I can only leave by using my Hearthstone, as the instance-portal doesn't work and the tunnel after Naj'entus is sealed.
    I tried to do the thing with a guildmate as well, who ends up in the Raid with me being sort of in another phase. I see him on the minimap, but we can't see each other.. and his version of Black Temple has mobs.

When I tried to re-enter the scenario, I ended up on the final stage with the Boss alive again. Can other people try to enter normal Black Temple after doing this quest? This is extremely frustrating and seems to be a bug?
    edit: I also didn't receive a ID for Black Temple or something like that, so that's not the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    So what is this supposed to mean?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/92426#page=2

According to armory it drops of most mobs in Krassang Wilds (Non-elites included)

Has anyone recieved a tome from non-rares yet?
    I killed arround 250-300 mobs on the island inbetween rare spawns.

Well atleast im exalted with prince now...
    Would be lovely to get a confirm on this.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Can you give me any advice?

I am 487 ilvl and I was able to make it to the 3rd wave of imps before being completely overwhelmed, yet the boss was only at about 25%

Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos View Post
    Would be lovely to get a confirm on this.
    That was from when it was due to go live in 5.1
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    First off, I completed the quest yesterday, farmed between 20 and 30 rare mobs for my drop.
    I tried to kill the boss as Affliction, wich turned out to be extremely painful. As Destruction I could kill him on my second attempt.

Now to the real problem: I killed the boss, the whole green Fire thing started and I turned in the quest. After that I left the scenario and came back to Black Temple for Transmog-Loot (Shard of Azzinoth). The thing is: I can't do Black Temple anymore. When I enter the raid through its normal entrance, I end up in an empty instance, that I can only leave by using my Hearthstone, as the instance-portal doesn't work and the tunnel after Naj'entus is sealed.
    I tried to do the thing with a guildmate as well, who ends up in the Raid with me being sort of in another phase. I see him on the minimap, but we can't see each other.. and his version of Black Temple has mobs.

When I tried to re-enter the scenario, I ended up on the final stage with the Boss alive again. Can other people try to enter normal Black Temple after doing this quest? This is extremely frustrating and seems to be a bug?
    edit: I also didn't receive a ID for Black Temple or something like that, so that's not the problem.
    I just spoke with a GM about the issue. Seems to be a bug, so if you plan to farm black temple in the near future, you should wait with the scenario until this gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    Can you give me any advice?

I am 487 ilvl and I was able to make it to the 3rd wave of imps before being completely overwhelmed, yet the boss was only at about 25%
    Way better than I'm doing I cant hardly get him down to 50%ish before he destroys me, not sure what else to try at this point I'm on try #30+ at this point. Takes me all I have just to stay alive during imps. I don't think I can solo this at all.

got the quest item from the second rare.
    wiped for some time on this boss, than i started to cast my CB before i stun and stun a just before its went off, so i manage to get 3 CB on each stun.
    also i notice after he cast cata if you use the stun right when it off cd it will be ready for hte next cata.
    manage to it on the second imp phase 504 ilevel.
    if you get him to the second imp phase on 20% its a kill, you can stun him once the imp are out stun him and basicly have as many ShadowBurn as you need to finish him.

the only adivce i got to give is dont waste time dps the imp just Rof and CB the boss let your Pitlord kill them.
    also hit the doomguard with the pitloard before you banish it so it will have aggro if you forget to chain banish him
    and pop your doomguard on 20%, dont know why but i kept forgetting to pop it.
    and dont bother with the teleport just sacrificial pact the cb with full hp and you are fine.
    Last edited by shaaba; 2013-03-07 at 02:52 PM.