Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 37 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    did it tonight. il 486. the most difficult part for me was the felhound phase. i solved porting me behind the portal, Rof on portal, ds and burn them and sacpact+resolve to absorb chaos bolt. in that position felhound dont devour ur enslave so its way easier. hope this help. good luck on tome

My lil contribution to all trying to kill him:

Code:
    d4Z6daGAus63c2fjX2iHBJIzQO0CHsZwLCAHUjkXXifFtLYpvu1ovO9sTBc7xIAuKinmfzCQuDzWqvkzWsIHdvDqfCksuDyiNtPQfIsTuLclgkSCu9qjYtrwMKQNlAIkkAQQQjRKPl1frjXjjP8mjLRt0gvk6XQsBwcBxv8rff(QsP(Sk(ojIrQOY0GkJwsA8qrxIeLBrs6AKsNxPYFjvFIKQxJsQTg)nXyAzA5VjmNVOiH2BQQwC10U)E96kuGB)(PB1DHQ4QzA38ffj0EZB3VRP2K2B7NQHBFnn4CHQ40AIdNyq83Hhm1aMTKdMqVDmis)nLnI3(BAf0ZGuSmBtzqkwMut0aVa9cyhwR5fj2TbeRhKCuILfyfryPGuSsSdr(CbUqfg81mLbPyP)wfjeWLjwqzdC3Un1aMTKdMut0aVa9cyhwRGiXUnGy9GKJsSBfucWhKCuYcSIiSdsokXoi5intMwXKvLI3o(aMTj0Af7yqGU0BE8CaE6Vh14VPMhphG7VPEhEWe8aI2KuapGOn1rgyzAj5OogeMuycEarBQuvuxUclqMOdykLyapGO3IdfrmnrBXkZoRjgit0bmHbCIISCLxu2rXPCfu5kmOmJpGjzc6mqMOdy2MsjgWdiAswueX0KEPb6Rt)Hn(MyGmrhqpGh4OoWnveflLQUYs1vUBtsrZJNdW93TB3MIltLMZKsIRUQh1onzsiz(845a80J1n1845aC)nLbj)fKIyBQi8kttljh1XGWKctmqMOdOhWdCuh4MkIILsvxzP6k3uVdpycEarBkXdxxJigWuPQOqwUc7WvBskGhq0M6idSmbpGOnvkWGbQlxz2WXedKj6aMkvffYYvyhUAtYe0t8W11iIbmBtYe0ZGK)csrSnBtYe0zGmrhWSnjtqpds(lmIyaJHjzc6mqMOd83HhmBtmqMOd83HhmvAUHVol0m03yqTzQV9WgJQnod3MQcXt12JANMmDfql)nXdxG)MyKxD0F3UDB6nCf4(7X6ECYJ18MANURaNM74MQR42T6ku4cv1QWTBtPjnQGtLBQS30Jh1GBAYTna
    Weak Auras string for Aura that pops up and makes sound when he starts casting Chaos Bolt.

And me? I'm still trying to kill him. To my shame i'd say that im ilvl 499 and so far i got countless wipes, ussualy due to my own fail.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

I treated him as a raid boss. After about 30 tries with various tactics i had the hang of the mechanics and found "my" way, which were all based on the tips in here.

I found it better to sac pact chaos bolt, just less clunky than porting. I also always charged the first chaos bolt and cast 2 of my own there.

On fel imps i pre-cast rain of fire where they spawn, used the gateway to dump aggro, and position myself between the boss and imps so I could spew fire. I had the gateway (o) positioned like this o----healthstone----o

I found it best to let the pit lord take aggro on the first doom lord and banish second.

The mechanic that killed me the most was without a doubt the pups. In the end I had my portal in the corner bit to the right of the boss gateway. I ported in there right after charging cataclysm and "moved" the pit lord into the corner, dispelling me when we met. I then precast rain of fire where felpups came and ran left. Never lost pit lord after that. Killed it second attempt when I did this so this was my key.

Loved the idea of the quest, hated it during the attempts, but now that it's done I again realize it's the road getting there which is the most fun. The animations are the same, just green. It's frustrating, but don't give up, it's figuring out the fight itself which is the most fun and rewarding. Thanks for all the tips in here, really good help having this type of community. GL everyone.

78 rare kills no drops okay.

Deleted
    yea zeral I was also 501ilvl and normally topping the dps meters in raid and never fail on movement but this encounter was really the hardest ever ^^ 50wipes+

I finally managed to get green fire yesterday after ~60 wipes.

After many different tactics and specs this is what made my day:

Spec: Destruction

Talents: Soul Leach - The damage absorb this gives is substantial during the fight.
    Shadowfury - I use this stun 3 times during the fight, first Imp spawns, Felhounds and second Imp Spawns.
    Sacrificial Pact - For the Chaos Bolts
    Blood Horror - For lack of better talents to choose from.
    GrimSac - Since you end up enslaving the pit lord.
    Kil'jaedens cunning - Since you'll be moving alot.

Now, this fight is, as you allready know not easy. My item level on the kill was 501. This is how I went on about to get it done.

I would place my Demonic Gateway on the bottom edges of the circle in a straight line before starting the encounter, I would place my Demonic Circle at the outer edge of the circle, conjure my health stones, eat food (300 int) and be flasked up.

When I started the encounter I would put myself in the middle of his own portal, pre-pot and cast RoF a second before he would be attackable, then CoE him and carry out my normal opener. When he started summon his Pit Lord he would be at 93% and 89% when the pit lord came through if you want to compare..

I used enslave demon macro to avoid having to target him and re-target boss.

I used the Pit Lord stun ability ~3 times before the imp phase.

When he was about to summon the imps I would run as far back as I could, place the Pit Lord in the middle and, Shadowfury the adds, Fel Breath the adds and cleave them, use my Demonic Gateway to reset aggro and let the pitlord kill of the imps. You can AoE them if you want but it's not neccesary if you do it this way. I'd SacPac the Chaos Bolt, when I had been in the imp phase for 40 seconds I would portal to my Demonic Circle and have the boss LoS the boss. I would then use my rocket boots and get up the bosses Gateway, RoF as soon as the felhounds spawned so that they wouldn't break my enslave on Pit Lord, I popped all my CD's except for potion and finished off the adds. They all died from 1~ Chaos Bolt with all CD's up.

After they died I had the Pit Lord move back to boss and charge his Cataclysm.

When the Doom Lord spawned I had Pit Lord take aggro on it with a aggro reset from demo gate.

Same as above on imps.

Second Doom Lord I banished.

Boss had only 3m HP left when second Doom Lord spawned, I had 50 seconds left on Doom Curse when he died.

I sacrifised my IMP since the dispel is really handy and you don't need the voidlords 20% HP burst aslong as you use the Pit Lord to tank imps and Doom Lords you won't take damage from them if done correctly.

I hope this help you on your quest to get green fire. And for the record, it's awsome!

I like the fact it is hard and makes you use all sorts of spells you don't get to use that much but i do think 2 fel hounds would be better, i don't see the logic in having 3 when havoc causes CB to hit 2 which is the only way as destro you can get them down quick enough.

I'm still stuck on them, I just can't kill them quick enough, dispel the DOTS and avoid the Chaos Bolt.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    I like the fact it is hard and makes you use all sorts of spells you don't get to use that much but i do think 2 fel hounds would be better, i don't see the logic in having 3 when havoc causes CB to hit 2 which is the only way as destro you can get them down quick enough.

I'm still stuck on them, I just can't kill them quick enough, dispel the DOTS and avoid the Chaos Bolt.
    What you COULD do, I tried it and it worked out well allthough I didn't do it on my kill is to have your Pit Lord charge the first fel hound that spawns and use his cleave, this should almost kill the first hound, if not kill him and then you can havoc the one of the 2 that spawns and use your Shadowburn. This should leave you with 1 low HP felhound and 1 at 100%. Also make sure you more or less stand on TOP of where they spawn from which would be the portal. This ensures that they will focus you and they don't do much damage. Have focus on your Pit Lord and use a focus cast fear macro on him.

Oh, and sacrifise your imp. The dispel is really nice to use, I used it on CD pretty much.

I was very excited when Blizzard finally implemented Green Fire and i was eager to do the quest line myself. But now after endless hours of circling around Isle of Thunder and countless rare mob kills i am starting to believe this whole thing is just a giant waste of time for both Blizzard to implement and for the players who want to enjoy this long expected piece of content. Blizzard tells us they dont like to create class specific quests anymore because they exclude many players and than they finally design one which i would be surprised if one percent of interested players could actually experience because of this borderline stupid rare system of rare mob spawns and small drop chances. Blackrock-EU is one of the most populated realms in europe and even there the rare chance of buying the tome in the auction house will cost you 80-100k gold. I am close to abandon the whole idea of green fire and investing my time in actually playing the game instead of bearing this annoying nonsense for only one more day.

Deleted
    Regarding the tome, I've quite a bit of luck.
    Since wednesday, I spent about 12h per day killing the rares - and found 2 tomes so far.
    While I've used the first for myself, I'm trying to sell the second one at the moment at the auction house...let's see if someone buys it

But then again, I've yet to get my sha-touched weapon despite raiding since week one. So I regard this as some kind of compensation :>

so after many blood sweat and tears i still haven't beaten him my best attempt was bring him to 35% then i hit the 7m mark.... This fight is all about controlling your demon and perfoming the phases well 1 mistake and its gg. casting soulshatter during the felhound phase so that the boss focuses on the demon also recasting controll demon has to be on time or else you will die (happend to me a few times) and you need to have the damage to get him down before 7m. the fight was done in destru. once you get the hang of the fight and you can kill the fellhounds you can try out different ways to find out how to beat him .

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    so after many blood sweat and tears i still haven't beaten him my best attempt was bring him to 35% then i hit the 7m mark.... This fight is all about controlling your demon and perfoming the phases well 1 mistake and its gg. casting soulshatter during the felhound phase so that the boss focuses on the demon also recasting controll demon has to be on time or else you will die (happend to me a few times) and you need to have the damage to get him down before 7m. the fight was done in destru. once you get the hang of the fight and you can kill the fellhounds you can try out different ways to find out how to beat him .

If you can't kill him before doom goes off get a Potion of Purification, this removes it. http://www.wowhead.com/item=13462/purification-potion

This buys you enough time to kill him off. I wonder though, what item level are you in? You need to make good use of your CD's, remember you can also use the Pit Lord stun ability 3 times before the first imp phase. Make good use of CB's during the stuns, as he takes 100% increased damage. Aim for 3, atleast 2 CB's during that time. To get off 3 you need to precast CB and have it land just as the stun is in effect.

You can also havoc the boss and use shadowburns on low HP imps.

Quote Originally Posted by Isuldur View Post
    If you can't kill him before doom goes off get a Potion of Purification, this removes it. http://www.wowhead.com/item=13462/purification-potion

This buys you enough time to kill him off. I wonder though, what item level are you in? You need to make good use of your CD's, remember you can also use the Pit Lord stun ability 3 times before the first imp phase. Make good use of CB's during the stuns, as he takes 100% increased damage. Aim for 3, atleast 2 CB's during that time. To get off 3 you need to precast CB and have it land just as the stun is in effect.

You can also havoc the boss and use shadowburns on low HP imps.
    my item lvl is 487. i haven't thought of using a potion but i tihnk that should help also i didn't use ds on the boss this time because im glad i can safely take down the felhounds. but in the end i feel like a headless chicken. using a potion should help me to get a little bit more time also i got the legendary gem for my wapeon but im afraid to use it because i think it will come in play another time this expansion but ofcourse this will increase my damage by alot 500int is a lot i hope

Anyone wanna do it for me? lol I'm sick of this fight, my ilvl is 492 and the best I've done so far is kill the 3 fel hounds and the doom lord comes out and even then I only had the boss at like 60% so if I hadn't of died I'd of never beat the 7 min enrage anyway, guess I'll have to wait for some better gear and hope that makes it easier!
    Warlock

122 rares and never saw the tome :/
    Only at AH for 100k gold, lol.
    Thanks Blizzard.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    122 rares and never saw the tome :/
    Only at AH for 100k gold, lol.
    Thanks Blizzard.
    And some people who don't have the gear or skill to complete the quest get item with <10 kills.
    Ohh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    And some people who don't have the gear or skill to complete the quest get item with <10 kills.
    So? People with bad gear have just as much the right to get it as people with heroic raid gear.

I see several people saying they manage to RoF / be behind the portal to not have the pups dispel enslave, but no matter what I do they always get it -- and I need him there for charge/breath on first pup to be able to get them down before that chaos bolt because I don't have enough without his heal to survive it.

I've gotten past them a couple times, maybe from lucky crits on the pups, but that's usually where I die.

What I did the times I did get past them: have pitlord charge + breathe on first one. Two conflags or a conflag + incinerate or shadowburn takes care of it, fear 2nd one and havoc it, chaos bolt third one twice if I have embers or conflag/incin.

But I guess I need to switch my strat because it simply doesn't usually work anymore. Someone mentioned after one of my posts to try something a bit different ... I'll re-read the thread to get some more ideas.

I picked up a rep ring, bumped my ilvl a bit more ... might wait until I get another upgrade ... again, I realize folks have done it with much lower ilvls than I have but I guess I'm not near the Warlock I thought I was. Maybe if I can successfully keep my pitlord enslave from getting dispelled, really don't know how folks are managing it tho just by being behind the portal and laying down RoF as I've been trying that yet he still is dispelled ... I've tried keeping him out of LoS and they still get him that way even ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

to be honest I'd much rather they made it a low drop chance from any mob on the new island, not just rares and have a quest chain that you can complete even if you're not the best geared/skilled lock around. The way it is now, not only do we have to battle to get it but even when we do, blizzard have made it so only the more skilled/better geared locks can have it, I don't see why, locks of various skill level and gear have been asking for it for years.
    Warlock

I personally think its ridiculous that you need to raid/LFR to even complete this. What about us PvP'ers? im pretty sure we should have just as much right to be able to get green fire as pve heros.