Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 38 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I actually agree with the difficulty being about where it is (up or down a little in either direction would be fine) as once you're in full 5.2 lfr / rep gear it should be much, much easier. And if you're a raider, once you get to above 510 or so it should be kinda simple. I mean, I know if I could shave just a couple seconds even off how long it takes me to kill the pups I would probably already have this done.

I think the big part of the problem is the bugged nature of looting the rares on the island, and that bug is easily conflated with the rarity of the drop. I know for a fact more folks would have it if the full nature of the looting bug had been clear sooner. The time it dropped for me, I couldn't see it on the boss initially even though I'd gotten a valor tome off it. If I wasn't grouped with guildies I wouldn't have known it was there.

edit/update for pvpers:

It'll take longer because of how the pvp gear is ilvled, but even with that it won't be long before this is outgeared. There are only so many ways they could gate access to this, and I think rarity of drop and the difficulty of the boss ... and considering people got it with 5.0/5.1 ilvls, by the time 5.2 is over and especially when whatever 5.3 brings around (possibly upgrading again, likely new rep gear) and certainly when 5.4 is out ... yeah. It'll be cake. Doing it now is a mark of skill, as people in the 480s have gotten it.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2013-03-10 at 05:51 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    I personally think its ridiculous that you need to raid/LFR to even complete this. What about us PvP'ers? im pretty sure we should have just as much right to be able to get green fire as pve heros.
    Some people are using PvP gear to complete this. I did it in pve gear but my buddy has an alt lock he only pvp's on. He said it wasn't that bad, took him about hour or so of wipes to get it. Few other people on my server told me they completed it in PvP gear. 4P helps a little with magic dmg reduction.

I personally think its ridiculous that you need to raid/LFR to even complete this. What about us PvP'ers? im pretty sure we should have just as much right to be able to get green fire as pve heros.
    It is very possible to do this in decent pvp gear. You can go back in and do the boss whenever you want to after killing him, so I went back in a few times to see what gear level I could do it as. I took off my chest piece (Ilvl 502) and equipped my Dragonwrath legendary because I dont have a gear set with low stats. I lost ~1800 int ~3300 SP and a crap ton of secondary stats. My equipped Ilvl was like 469 or something. The only problem I had with the boss was beating the enrage, was a few seconds off and didn't want to spend anymore time on the boss, but I could have done better.
    The boss is actually really when you have a clear understanding of how the mechanics work on the fight and have a solid strat. If you don't how to do the fight, the only problem would be putting out enough dps to beat the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    my item lvl is 487. i haven't thought of using a potion but i tihnk that should help also i didn't use ds on the boss this time because im glad i can safely take down the felhounds. but in the end i feel like a headless chicken. using a potion should help me to get a little bit more time also i got the legendary gem for my wapeon but im afraid to use it because i think it will come in play another time this expansion but ofcourse this will increase my damage by alot 500int is a lot i hope
    I managed to take him down with a comfortable amount of time on Doom at 487 ilvl so it's very doable, but you can't screw up once.

The two things that helped me:

The boss is on a set ability timer and prefers to use certain abilities at certain moments, hence a well timed charge can allow you to skip certain abilities in the beginning, notably Doom. When you first enslave, Cauterize the first debuff he puts on you (hopefully Agony or Seed) and there's a good chance he'll try to reapply it before casting Doom. When he starts casting Doom, charge him, if RNG is in your favor initially you'll have spent enough time that he'll start casting a Chaos Bolt instead of applying Doom. This gives you about 20 more seconds to dps him down before the Imp phase.

Additionally with the Soul Leech you build up and Twilight Ward, you can tank that first Chaos Bolt and give yourself free DPS.

The other thing was I macro'd /usepetmove so I could move the Pitlord in a timely manner. Right after the Imps Cataclysm I waited until I got the seed debuff, hit Fel Breath and moved the pitlord to the pillar next to the portal. Then, if I ran to the other side spamming rain of fire, I'd get the felhunters to run to me without ever looking in the direction of the Pitlord. The key is they have to be facing the target so if you can get a wide enough angle, they won't dispell, you can even send the pitlord back on the boss or to come up from behind and Fel Breath to help you out so long as you have the felhunters facing in the other direction.

Everything else is a cake walk in comparison.

I don't think last boss should be nerfed, but they should scale gear to a certain iLvl (just like challenge mode) so nobody's undergear or overgear it. I feel sad I need to go grind more gear because there's no way I can beat enrage with crafted pvp gear.

as of 10 march on 8pm i have officialy beaten khenrethad it was an awesome fight done in item lvl 487. it is advised to get a potion of purification to remove the 7m debuff if you do it will give you another 7m+ to fight this boss i did so because i couldn't get him down before the 7m ending his rotation is for summing 1imp 2 felhounds 3doomlord 1imp 2felhounds 3doomlord 4 imp 5imp 6imp etc only a few imps should not be a problem. after many wipes you have to get familiar with the encounter this is not a faceroll boss it really is not i do not find this boss op in any kind of way you just need to get everything right or else it will be a wipe 1 wrong cast. example casting shoulshatter not when he is teleporting in some felhounds can cause you to wipe it is all about knowing the encounter.
    Last edited by warlockblood; 2013-03-10 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    to be honest I'd much rather they made it a low drop chance from any mob on the new island, not just rares and have a quest chain that you can complete even if you're not the best geared/skilled lock around. The way it is now, not only do we have to battle to get it but even when we do, blizzard have made it so only the more skilled/better geared locks can have it, I don't see why, locks of various skill level and gear have been asking for it for years.
    5 full days finishing quests, killling all kind of mobs and 137 rares atm, never saw the damn tome (only in AH for 100k gold, lol)
    before you call me a bum, I'm on vacation at work
    Last edited by Biruta; 2013-03-10 at 10:07 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    As of 10 march on 8pm i have officialy beaten khenrethad. It was an awesome fight done in item lvl 487. It is advised to get a potion of purification to remove the 7m debuff; if you do it will give you another 7m+ to fight this boss. I did so because i couldn't get him down before the 7m ending. His rotation is for summing 1imp 2 felhounds 3doomlord 1imp 2felhounds 3doomlord 4 imp 5imp 6imp etc. Only a few imps should not be a problem, after many wipes you have to get familiar with the encounter. This is not a faceroll boss (it really is not). I do not find this boss op in any kind of way, you just need to get everything right or else it will be a wipe because of 1 wrong cast. For example, casting shoulshatter not when he is teleporting in some felhounds can cause you to wipe. It is all about knowing the encounter.
    Even though you're a forsaken, other races still need to breathe, so I added i bit of punctuation

On the topic, for those who complain because this fight is too hard/not for pvp gear/etc : you can still come back later with 5.4 gear, it will be more than enough to roflstomp Khanrethad. Just wait. We waited for it many years, some months more isn't the end of the world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy1091 View Post
    I don't think last boss should be nerfed, but they should scale gear to a certain iLvl (just like challenge mode) so nobody's undergear or overgear it.
    I agree. If they change anything, it shouldn't be anything but gear scaling - to 495-500 at max.

Also, considering that the felhound spawn is the only really tricky part of the fight (besides the enrage timer if your iLvl is too low), I think lowering the felhound count to two wouldn't be a good idea.
    Kill 2 with havoc + CB und nuke the third with another CB + conflag + SB - it takes some practice but is perfectly doable.
    If the Pit Lord is positioned correctly, they won't even dispell your enslave at all.

I killed him yesterday after several hours of trying and about 30 attempts or so.
    Once you've figured out how to do it, it really isn't anything but a matter of practice (again, unless your gear blocks you).
    By far my biggest problem was the curse of doom, because I played way too cautiously and thus missed some important opportunities to nuke him.
    Nonetheless it was a LOT of fun - apart from the fact that I thought I'll die from a heart attack whenever I whiped at 1-2%
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-03-10 at 07:47 PM.

A little off-topic. But does anyone know if you server transfer if you will lose all the quest and have to re-obtain the tome all over again? please say no lol

A little off-topic. But does anyone know if you server transfer if you will lose all the quest and have to re-obtain the tome all over again? please say no lol
    I don't know, but I'll speculate on it:

when you transfer, do your completed neutral quests reset or not? if they don't, than the game will know that you have already completed the warlock green fire questline, and even if you lose green fire, you'll just have to find jubeka in shadowmoon valley and ask her to give you the green stuff again
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't know, but I'll speculate on it:

when you transfer, do your completed neutral quests reset or not? if they don't, than the game will know that you have already completed the warlock green fire questline, and even if you lose green fire, you'll just have to find jubeka in shadowmoon valley and ask her to give you the green stuff again
    well im asking because i havent killed the last boss yet but my friends are all transfering and i'd like to join them but i dont want to lose the quest

Server transfer doesn't lose you anything. Faction transfer does however.

Deleted
    52 rare kills NO DROP...

Yeah, Kaelthas Ashes of Alar v2.0 ... Great !!!

The Felhunters are the most absurd bullshit I've seen in a pve encounter in a while.

480~485 ilvl pvp, this boss is shit, the mechanic is esay, the fight is really rng based, somtimes things aggro somtimes they dispell (and yes im aware of gateway/soulshatter using it correctly, and also facing felhounds so they will have their backs to pit) - and yet they randomly dispells once every then, imps lords and boss itself randomly aggroing me/pitlord as they wish.

had the boss to 1m so many times only to die to the diffrent rng issues (lol imps wont target anything else but me at 3th phase?) enrage timer 7min for my kind of pvp gear is just a big brick wall.

i enjoyd the fight within the first 1~2 day, but now it's just a pain in the ass and hazard to my health. im done with this till nerfed/get some gear from LFR (which id hate to do since im a pvp player, but blizz doesnt force us to pve right?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Felhunters are the most absurd bullshit I've seen in a pve encounter in a while.
    You have pit lord somewhat behind the pillar and you nuke the felhunters with dark soul up. Nothing absurd there.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    You have pit lord somewhat behind the pillar and you nuke the felhunters with dark soul up. Nothing absurd there.
    That'd be great if I could one shot them. Between having them up, the Pit Lord inevitably breaking, and him chaos bolting.

Its absurd and stupid. Its not even challengingly fun. Its annoyingly stupid.

U can manage it like 1 out 5 wipes, they wont dispell the pitlord and u get lucky crits to one shot them and have 1 sec to spare to avoid the choasbolt, now just pray this will happen too within the second felhunter phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That'd be great if I could one shot them. Between having them up, the Pit Lord inevitably breaking, and him chaos bolting.
    You're not meant to let pit lord get dispelled, position it better. Idk if you need better gear or different spec for killing fels faster but I got no issues as affli 500+ ilvl.
    Get felhunters down before cbolt cast, command pit lord to boss, sac pact + twilight ward. Unending resolve or VW:shadow bulwark too.
    Pit lord heal, hs, dark regen for full hp.