View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    205 71.68%
  • No

    81 28.32%
Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
92
... LastLast
  1. #821
    I killed him friday, want to share what i did:

    Ilvl 498 at the time.

    Flasked/Selfbuffed
    Prepotting ofcourse

    Make the macros for the Pit lord, use enslave demon glyph (50% cast time reduction)

    Try to stay in range of your pitlord, dont forget to dispell, use the demonic gateway for chaos bolts, only use sacrifical pact in case of emergency.

    You can safely use charge 2 times before you get any Cataclysm, i stopped using it after that because i didn't wanna risk it being on cd and me dying to cataclysm (or barely surviving with UR+SP+ a teleport (else you die to falling damage)

    So for the adds:

    Imps stand in middle of the portal, throw a RoF down on the floor, have your pitlord Breath on you till the mobs are dead (keep RoF up and chaos bolt him in the face)

    Felhunter: Put your pit lord in the corner behind the portal, position yourself just in front of the portal (In range of breath for dispells/heals)
    I saved DS for this and put RoF on the portal, chaos bolt + conflag 1 of the puppies, should be dead, refresh RoF, Havoc 1 of the puppies, Conflag + Incin + Incin, finish them off with Shadowburns.

    Doom Lord banish his ass (/target Doom Lord / cast Banish macro)

    Now by the time the doom lord is banished, you a few minutes into the fight, i chose to drop my Pit lord here, to reenslave it so it wouldn't break on a crucial moment (as i had in earlier tries, which ended badly)
    Keep nuking, keep dispelling and pay attention to your health. Use your gateway for chaos bolts, but if hes realy low you might wanna use pact to just nuke him.

    So TLR:

    Macros!
    Gateway, keep in range of pitlord, place lord behind portal instead of other side of room. Nuke him as hard as you can.
    Precast chaos bolt when your gonna charge so you can fit 2 bolts+conflag in it to relax dps requirements

    Good luck
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  2. #822
    I've held on to my Light of Elune forever. Perhaps now is the time I finally use it.... perhaps.
    Last edited by Naibil; 2013-03-11 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

  3. #823
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,319
    If you struggle with LoSing dispells (i did , they dispelled him thru walls) : shadowfury 1st dog+havoc on it - pit lord charge+breath 2nd and chaosbolt it (both should die from this easly.
    Now its the tricky part with chaos bolt and cataclysm coming soon and you got 1 dog left - either banish him and play it safe , los/absorb chaos bolt , stun cata and then take care of dog or hope you got enough dmg to kill it, tank pit lord for a while and reenslave him in time.

    Demonic gateway is cool if it works , for me it was randomly despawning, which made LoSing chaosbolts a bit harder - untill i ignored big pillars near stairs , and instead ported behind small "walls" in top left/right corners - close to action and does the trick

    Sac pact without pet (if you're on full hp) gives enough shield to absorb chaosbolt , you might want to add twilight ward on top + some absorb from soul leech on lower ilvls - i had 496 ilvl and it was prefectly fine.

    Dont take ember tap glyph - from my experience insta heal is way better to top yourself and then sac pact.

    Talents i used - soul leech , shadowfury , sac pact , unbound will (extra dispel), grim of sacrifice (imp for more dispells, beter safe then sorry ;p), (mannoroth fury for those pesky imps)

    Glyphs - only 2 that metters are siphon life major and enslave minor , dont take ember tap imho.

    hope it helps.

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I've seen people paying between 25k-40k on my server, seems to be really rare.
    Thanks for the advice ! Though 25k doesn't seem that much for something as rare as this (there are none to sell on my server's AH atm).

    Good luck for your quest

    Anyone else managed to sell one already ?

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    Yeah that's very true, I seem to end up with a few imps left by the time the fel hounds spawn as well which doesn't help!

    Use your pit lord to kill the imps.
    Demonic Gateway to reset aggro

    End result being that you never take damage from the imps.

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Annoying fucking Imp.

    Lulz, I guess I shouldn't have expected Blizzard to not add a bullshit RNG stun into a fight where literally every spell cast is necessary.
    I believe that imp only comes when you dont dispell enough
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  7. #827
    50 Rares later , on 250 overall with no drop, i bought it, was in the ah für 150k, i got a deal to get it for 50k. Cant even stand one single minute of rare camping anymore.

    Killed Kanrethad on my first attempt, i guess 513 Ilvl and PTR Exp helped a bit. He was down by the time the 2. imps came. Finally my shiny green fire.

  8. #828
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Lulz, I guess I shouldn't have expected Blizzard to not add a bullshit RNG stun into a fight where literally every spell cast is necessary.
    People already told you that the imp only spawns when you dispell your debuffs too late.
    Again you are blaming Blizzard for your mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Anyone else managed to sell one already ?
    Nah, I'm trying to, but I also don't know what would be the best price - I'm the only one selling one so far (Horde AND alliance side), so there is no need to make it too much of a bargain.
    Last edited by Pendra; 2013-03-11 at 11:57 AM.

  9. #829
    Just finished this at 479 ilvl. At first it seemed impossible then after awhile tweaking stuff learning about purification pots and finding a place where pit lord was always losing fel hunters the boss went down after a few close attempts. Btw there is nothing random about the imps etc your understanding of the boss is just lacking.

    A few things that helped me was having my pit lord tank both of the doom lords to subtract a lot of actual thinking from the boss later on if you don't have the ilvl to burn him hard and it turns into an extremely extended encounter. Charge as often as possible when you know the next thing up isn't cataclysm it'll really bring your dps up and dump aggro constantly. Between those things there won't be too many dispels to handle and then you just have to work out a solid strat for fel hunters after that the boss is dead regardless of your ilvl assuming you have purification pots.

    Coming from someone that was 16/16 heroic on another toon last tier this boss has much more personal responsibility and difficulty than any heroic boss I've participated in ever you really just can't make a single mistake. At least at my warlock's ilvl. Really should be some sort of feat or title although I suppose the green fire serves the same role as the title would.
    Last edited by Turkey One; 2013-03-11 at 11:56 AM.

  10. #830
    Got the tome two days ago, rushed my way quickly to the boss and... Damn it was entertaining. Did him as affliction 497ilvl and I say: You have to master the use of pit lord. I got the boss down to 70% before he casted the ultimate doom dot (That was around he finished summoning the imps, wierdly getting aggro there) but nevertheless, had no room for big mistakes. Started summoning imp after the boss runned to summon fel hounds (Not sure if this is really necessary, did it to get a hold of fearing the pit lord), popped cds, dotted fel hounds and run behind pillar. Fel hounds died few sec after they catch me up behind pillar and by that time pit lord also was close enough to be slaved once again (Sac imp before doing this). And had to be quick to interrupt the cataclysm spell. Not that hard but I made personal mistakes so many times.

    I wish it would give some sort of achievement, like Feast of strength or something.

  11. #831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    (...)
    Now by the time the doom lord is banished, you a few minutes into the fight, i chose to drop my Pit lord here, to reenslave it so it wouldn't break on a crucial moment (as i had in earlier tries, which ended badly)
    (...)
    Arghhh...
    wiping on second felhunters, time and time again. And im sure that position of pit lord is good. Now i see this, check log and ye, Enslave didnt get dispelled it just expired. Now i feel very stupid for forgetting thats 5min spell ;p
    Tyranna big thanks for pointing it
    Now off to kill the bastard


    Edit:
    And Bastard is Dead, again biiig thanks Tyranna that 5min expire was wall i was hitting for quite long time ;p
    Also as much this was frustrating at some points, im soo hapy for doing it, nerf is baad idea doing it this way feel way better then facerolling would
    Last edited by Zerel; 2013-03-11 at 01:09 PM.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

  12. #832
    DEAD with 485pvp gear, i had hard time with him, i wont lie.
    though not much with the mechanic as with the dps, had to really put effort into maximizing my dps inorder to get the kill.
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/jrqs6d.jpg

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Undispellable has a red border, which I consider the biggest success. I know exactly what the effect is by icon, and whether or not I can do anything about it by border.
    Some addons don't support this red border. It IS bad design to use the same icon for multiple debuffs on the same encounter, there's no need to apologise for Blizzard for such a stupid oversight. I rely on seeing whether stuff is dispellable by highlighting, but since everything other than Doom is dispelable, there's no way of knowing for sure which it is.

    It's not even just about whether you can dispel it, it actually takes a number of wipes if you haven't previously read up to notice that indeed, those three debuffs sharing an icon are completely different with different effects which you need to educate yourself about in order to manage them should you fail to dispel (perhaps as a result of Singe removing Immolate or Agony in favour of the Seed with 7 seconds left on it). Why the hell do you think there's a post on every page asking where Backfire and Annoying Imp are coming from? Well I'll tell you, it's because those icons are all the same.

  14. #834
    It is much more helpful to focus on dispelling everything by any means rather than trying to decide which debuff is which. Unbound Will is specifically for the situation you mentioned assuming your pit lord is having to stay out of LoS otherwise use that. It is kinda weak that they all have the same icon although it should never be a factor should you execute mechanics correctly

  15. #835
    For people having a rough time with Felhunters it should be repeated that dispel doesn't have an LOS requirement, it has a facing requirement.

    So long as any felhunter faces your pitlord, it's gone, often pillar or no pillar. Hence if you move the pitlord to one side of the portal while you stand at the extreme other side and pick them up with RoF, they will never can get a chance to dispel. If you're having trouble dpsing them down, you can send the pitlord behind them to Fel Breath. Really, he can stand right behind them and not get dispelled.

  16. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    Arghhh...
    wiping on second felhunters, time and time again. And im sure that position of pit lord is good. Now i see this, check log and ye, Enslave didnt get dispelled it just expired. Now i feel very stupid for forgetting thats 5min spell ;p
    Tyranna big thanks for pointing it
    Now off to kill the bastard


    Edit:
    And Bastard is Dead, again biiig thanks Tyranna that 5min expire was wall i was hitting for quite long time ;p
    Also as much this was frustrating at some points, im soo hapy for doing it, nerf is baad idea doing it this way feel way better then facerolling would
    Hehe glad to have helped, i had him wreck my face at a critical moment, gratz on your kill
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  17. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    It is much more helpful to focus on dispelling everything by any means rather than trying to decide which debuff is which. Unbound Will is specifically for the situation you mentioned assuming your pit lord is having to stay out of LoS otherwise use that. It is kinda weak that they all have the same icon although it should never be a factor should you execute mechanics correctly
    I think the overwhelming majority of players aren't going to kill this flawlessly. The debuffs for a failed dispel are annoying, but manageable; absolutely fine. Imps can easily wipe you if they interupt your Chaos Bolt on the Felhunters, but again, you can manage that if you expect it. What is annoying, and shouldn't happen is wasting UW or Singe to remove Backfire at 4s because you see that Seed icon and your portrait is lit up because you have something else dispelable on you.

    Sorry, but I've had to properly learn another spec, make a bunch of macros, a bunch of power auras, spend lots of gold on repairs, flasks, potions and food, and now you're telling me I need to change my addons because of the shared use of icons? I'm sorry, but it's enough of a bullshit encounter that has nothing to do with using any of our own tools anyway to start breaking my UI for those two that we actually do.

  18. #838
    High Overlord Norvak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    108
    So frustrating. Spent all day Sat and Sunday farming the rares with a large group. The book never dropped once for any of us. I am thinking the drop rate must be way lower then reported, otherwise some lock out of our group would have gotten it by now.

    Think my best bet is to forget about it until toward the end of the xpack when they up the drop rate. Farming hours upon hours on end isn't fun gameplay.

  19. #839
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuldur View Post
    Use your pit lord to kill the imps.
    Demonic Gateway to reset aggro

    End result being that you never take damage from the imps.
    I've tried that, i get the pit lord to charge them and breath on them, and then i use soul shatter and then go through the gateway, they still seem to go for me, is that because i put RoF on them when they are first spawning? should i do that AFTER the pit lord has agro? they cause me loads of damage which results in me using health stone and ember tap to stay alive.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the overwhelming majority of players aren't going to kill this flawlessly. The debuffs for a failed dispel are annoying, but manageable; absolutely fine. Imps can easily wipe you if they interupt your Chaos Bolt on the Felhunters, but again, you can manage that if you expect it. What is annoying, and shouldn't happen is wasting UW or Singe to remove Backfire at 4s because you see that Seed icon and your portrait is lit up because you have something else dispelable on you.

    Sorry, but I've had to properly learn another spec, make a bunch of macros, a bunch of power auras, spend lots of gold on repairs, flasks, potions and food, and now you're telling me I need to change my addons because of the shared use of icons? I'm sorry, but it's enough of a bullshit encounter that has nothing to do with using any of our own tools anyway to start breaking my UI for those two that we actually do.
    It should be doable in any of the 3 specs without making changes to your ui/addons. as you suggested previously, it should be we have to use our own minions not a pit lord we've never had to control before.

  20. #840
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Some addons don't support this red border. It IS bad design to use the same icon for multiple debuffs on the same encounter, there's no need to apologise for Blizzard for such a stupid oversight. I rely on seeing whether stuff is dispellable by highlighting, but since everything other than Doom is dispelable, there's no way of knowing for sure which it is.

    It's not even just about whether you can dispel it, it actually takes a number of wipes if you haven't previously read up to notice that indeed, those three debuffs sharing an icon are completely different with different effects which you need to educate yourself about in order to manage them should you fail to dispel (perhaps as a result of Singe removing Immolate or Agony in favour of the Seed with 7 seconds left on it). Why the hell do you think there's a post on every page asking where Backfire and Annoying Imp are coming from? Well I'll tell you, it's because those icons are all the same.
    I'll agree to disagree. You don't prefer it. I think it's great. That in itself doesn't make it good or bad design. You can hate it all day and all night, from every single angle, but it's still not bad design. It's just design you don't like. Too bad, because it's extremely useful, far better than having a debuff on you that you have to mouseover to see if you can dispel or not. They designed it the easiest way, and its an extremely effective way. Sorry you disagree, but that's your opinion, and nothing more.

    That ignores the obvious answer of do the encounter correctly, and you won't have to deal with imps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the overwhelming majority of players aren't going to kill this flawlessly. The debuffs for a failed dispel are annoying, but manageable; absolutely fine. Imps can easily wipe you if they interupt your Chaos Bolt on the Felhunters, but again, you can manage that if you expect it. What is annoying, and shouldn't happen is wasting UW or Singe to remove Backfire at 4s because you see that Seed icon and your portrait is lit up because you have something else dispelable on you.

    Sorry, but I've had to properly learn another spec, make a bunch of macros, a bunch of power auras, spend lots of gold on repairs, flasks, potions and food, and now you're telling me I need to change my addons because of the shared use of icons? I'm sorry, but it's enough of a bullshit encounter that has nothing to do with using any of our own tools anyway to start breaking my UI for those two that we actually do.
    I did it with two macros and no addons because I wasn't sure if my addons would work or just get in the way, and it's not that complicated of a fight. I've seen similar videos of people doing it with a macro or two and very little else. You're frustrated because you can't finish it, I get that. That doesn't mean it's bad design or it can't be done without using tools that you don't have readily available. I did it as Destro, a guild mate did it as Demo, and a friend did it as Aff, all around 498 iLevel. You have to learn the mechanics of the fight, and that's great. You don't have to learn new specs, download addons, or even redo all of your macros if you're quick enough with target swapping. None of this is Blizzard's fault, it's yours.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

    -Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •