Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I killed this in 6 pulls with no macros and no research. Honestly, stop complaining and start actually thinking about how to beat the fight instead of complaining. All I get from this post is that you're not skilled enough and you want it handed to you on a plate.
    And all I get from your post, and many like it is "It's easy in full BiS gear". I don't really think it's constructive, from a person who has the time and desire to be turning WoW into a career, to be lambasting someone who's finding it far harder than anticipated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I killed this in 6 pulls with no macros and no research. Honestly, stop complaining and start actually thinking about how to beat the fight instead of complaining. All I get from this post is that you're not skilled enough and you want it handed to you on a plate.
    Well done at contributing to this thread, your e-peen must surely be satisfied by the worship we must undoubtedly shower upon you.

Also, has anyone else tried to de-enslave the Pit Lord just before the first Doomlord spawns so that it doesn't auto-break during the second felhunter phase? I managed it the first time, but when I used Flames of Xoroth, the pit lord disappeared completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Well done at contributing to this thread, your e-peen must surely be satisfied by the worship we must undoubtedly shower upon you.

Also, has anyone else tried to de-enslave the Pit Lord just before the first Doomlord spawns so that it doesn't auto-break during the second felhunter phase? I managed it the first time, but when I used Flames of Xoroth, the pit lord disappeared completely.
    You can use this script:
    Code:
    /script PetDismiss()
    Or you can right click the portrait and click dismiss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You can use this script:
    Code:
    /script PetDismiss()
    Or you can right click the portrait and click dismiss.
    Ah, many thanks. My DPS is pretty terrible (even at 490 ilvl) so I'm having to take the potions. My last try last night was my best, I got him to 38% as the third set of imps spawned... and my pit lord broke loose as I wasn't paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, many thanks. My DPS is pretty terrible (even at 490 ilvl) so I'm having to take the potions. My last try last night was my best, I got him to 38% as the third set of imps spawned... and my pit lord broke loose as I wasn't paying attention.
    Best time to dismiss and re-enslave is while the Doom Lord is being summoned.

38% as the 3rd set of imps spawned? Yeh your dps is probably the thing holding you back, the faster things die the easier it is .
    In ilvl 490 I would aim to have him at around 15-20% when the 3rd wave spawned.

Also, Jessicka, Evrelia wasnt waving his "epeen" around. He is simply saying it how it is. I am not the greatest warlock in the world, but im decent, and it only took me about 10-15 pulls. Im only ilvl 506 with no 4 set. People saying they have had over 50, 100 pulls or whatever are simply not cut out for MMO's or the warlock class, and I dont mean this in an offensive way, but if you struggle for 50 pulls, you will never be able to do it until you out gear it, because your brain just isnt built do it, (NOTE IM NOT CALLING ANYONE STUPID), your just not so great at the game, and are probably better than others in many other areas/games!

They should add a on/off switch for a nerf (like DS/ICC), if you kill it without the nerf you get a feat of strenght, to show to people you are not a terrible warlock, but if you need the nerf, you get your green fire, (Yes, bad players should be allowed it too), but you dont get the prestige of knowing your class.

If you actually read the whole of my post and think about it, I think any rational person would agree its a good approach?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    38% as the 3rd set of imps spawned? Yeh your dps is probably the thing holding you back, the faster things die the easier it is .
    In ilvl 490 I would aim to have him at around 15-20% when the 3rd wave spawned.

Also, Jessicka, Evrelia wasnt waving his "epeen" around. He is simply saying it how it is. I am not the greatest warlock in the world, but im decent, and it only took me about 10-15 pulls. Im only ilvl 506 with no 4 set. People saying they have had over 50, 100 pulls or whatever are simply not cut out for MMO's or the warlock class, and I dont mean this in an offensive way, but if you struggle for 50 pulls, you will never be able to do it until you out gear it, because your brain just isnt built do it, (NOTE IM NOT CALLING ANYONE STUPID), your just not so great at the game, and are probably better than others in many other areas/games!

They should add a on/off switch for a nerf (like DS/ICC), if you kill it without the nerf you get a feat of strenght, to show to people you are not a terrible warlock, but if you need the nerf, you get your green fire, (Yes, bad players should be allowed it too), but you dont get the prestige of knowing your class.

If you actually read the whole of my post and think about it, I think any rational person would agree its a good approach?
    506 ilvl is outgearing it. You don't need the 4 set, in fact in the 3 or 4 pulls I managed last night I noticed a marked improvement in killing the Felhunters faster by dropping my 4 set and using off-set pieces which added 2-3 item levels and a better stat distribution. It was such a difference I didn't even need to kite the last while he cast Chaos Bolt because it was already dead. It is surprising how much difference gear makes in terms of permitting sloppiness over control. Believe me, I have huge respect for those who have beaten it in <490 ilvl, much less for those bragarts in >500.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Basically, yes.
    But then again, with an ilvl of 500+ it's already waaaay easier than let's say with ~485 gear - so if such a FoS is added, there probably should be gear scaling too (down/up to 490 or so).
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-03-14 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    506 ilvl is outgearing it. You don't need the 4 set, in fact in the 3 or 4 pulls I managed last night I noticed a marked improvement in killing the Felhunters faster by dropping my 4 set and using off-set pieces which added 2-3 item levels and a better stat distribution. It was such a difference I didn't even need to kite the last while he cast Chaos Bolt because it was already dead. It is surprising how much difference gear makes in terms of permitting sloppiness over control. Believe me, I have huge respect for those who have beaten it in <490 ilvl, much less for those bragarts in >500.
    Outgearing it makes it easier, but not as much as is made to believe here.

I just completed it on my brother's warlock who has 481 ilevel as destruction (no 4set), killed the boss during the 2nd Fel Imp summoning.

Really is as simple as FnB Immo + RoF on the imps just once and spamming chaosbolt back to back on the boss, during 2nd imp summoning, do the same but with shadowburn.

At the very beginning of the fight, use the pitlord to stun the boss before he casts curse of ultimate doom (if you dispel agony/seed, he will cast that again, before casting doom, so just keep dispelling & stunning) but start casting a chaosbolt before you use the stun. This means you get to fire out 2 (or 3 under backdraft) chaosbolts at +100% damage.

For the tactic to work, where you abuse the imps to generate nigh infinite embers, you must have 1) Imp sacrificed for dispels, 2) Siphon Life glyphed and 3) Soul Leech talented.

Siphon life will heal you while your immolate is ticking on the imps, Soul Leech will keep you bubbled with all the chaosbolts you will be firing out.

Not once did I use the Pit Lord to dispel me, just used the imp's spell on CD, another thing to note is that after the boss casts cataclysm, he won't do so for about another minute or so, your Pit Lord's stun is on a 20-ish second cooldown, so use that whenever you can!
    Don't forget to use the Pit Lord's felflame breath on the boss too, this adds another 25k-ish DPS.

For Felhunters, make sure you have darksoul ready, use pitlord to stuncharge the first one & felflame on them if you can too, chaosbolt it down, finish with shadowburn, havoc the 2nd felhunter and chaosbolt the 3rd, if the felhunters dispel your enslave demon, shadowfury the felhunters AND the pitlord, pop sacrificial pact & unending resolve, finish the felhunters and re-enslave the pitlord.

When you have enslaved the pitlord again, use soulshatter or demonic gateway and the boss will not cast chaosbolts, in fact, use demonic gateway whenever possible, the boss will rarely if ever manage to cast a chaosbolt on you at all during the entire encounter (making the management of a demonic portal unnecessary).
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2013-03-14 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, should I be using the pit lord mostly to kill the imps, or is it more efficient to down them all with its help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, should I be using the pit lord mostly to kill the imps, or is it more efficient to down them all with its help?
    Let him aggro the imps with his breath, then aoe them down. SB SoC or RoF + FB spam should be more than enough and take mere seconds to do. Anyway, it's not like imps are a real threat and do anything other than provide you with more shards/embers.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Let him aggro the imps with his breath, then aoe them down. SB SoC or RoF + FB spam should be more than enough and take mere seconds to do. Anyway, it's not like imps are a real threat and do anything other than provide you with more shards/embers.
    Cheers, that's what I've been doing =)

Just lost on the latest try because I wasn't paying attention and my circle had de-spawned. I was doing everything else right, too D=

Also... as a thought. Would it be an idea to get both Doomlord up and on the pit lord, then pull them down to the stairs so that the boss then stops targeting me, cleanse the doom curse with a potion, kill both Doomlords, then go back up and fight against the boss and the imp swarms? Or would it not be worth the effort?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Doom Lords have like 8 million health, it's really not worth killing them; you can let the Pit Lord build up some threat and have him tank one while you Banish the other.

Deleted
    Cheers for all the help, I'm going to have a few bashes at it. Don't hold your breath, though, it may be several hours... if at all XD

Deleted
    If you're destruction, do not kill the imps for as long as possible.

Keep them alive to generate an infinite supply of embers by using FnB Immolate & Rain of Fire.

While generating embers, spam chaosbolts on the boss.

Deleted
    Hilariously, just died at 22%. Had to use the potion and heal my pit lord. What killed me?

Pit lord came out of enslave -_-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit View Post
    This post is all kinds of wrong. Loads of players, and most likely a majority of less serious (or less competitive) players were the ones who really voiced their opinion and hope for green flames. Now we have a quest-line that only allows the top players to get it. This isn't about proving who cares about their class more; more so, it's a quest-line (that is intriguing, but relativelyl difficulty free) that lets players get their hopes up by getting to the end of the scenario, only to get ripped apart and feel like they have no chance at completing the quest at the end.

The whole questline is fairly trivial and then blizzard throws a stone wall at all the lesser skilled players. I consider myself a competent player, or at least above average, and I gave up on the quest. I got the book on my very first rare kill. Fortunate right? Went into the scenario, got all the way to the end, and got face rolled repeatedly. I have no interest in going back. What a waste. So much for green fire. Apparently it's only for the die hard top players... They're the "only" ones who care about green fire. Dont make me laugh.
    NOW. Only "skilled" players can get it NOW. TODAY. Run LFR, get some valor gear, and try it again in a few weeks. Gear makes this far easier. It's not only for top players. It's only for some players RIGHT NOW. If you can't do it, get some gear, come back, or get better. Gear won't allow you to ignore entire mechanics, but it'll forgive far more errors. The only block to anyone getting green fire is their willingness to put in the work to get a good system down, or unwillingness to put in the work to get valor or LFR gear and come back later. You've got the rest of the expansion to get it, why do you need to have it right now? Why do you feel you deserve it right now over others who put in the work to get it? It will nerf itself over time, but if you can't wait that long, get better if you want it NOW.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

So is anyone else insanely pissed that anyone can loot the Sealed Tome and sell i ton the AH besides warlocks?? Such a stupid idea from blizzard.

Deleted
    Only warlocks can loot it. Otherwise any other class could take it and hold us to ransom. But if a warlock gets another dropped, then what else could they do with it other than to sell it to warlocks who want the green fire but not have the time to camp rares.

Before you say it, YES it's expensive now. But it'll be a lot, lot less expensive in a few months. Look at brawler invites.
    Last edited by mmoc8773ad9113; 2013-03-14 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    So is anyone else insanely pissed that anyone can loot the Sealed Tome and sell i ton the AH besides warlocks?? Such a stupid idea from blizzard.
    No. Because they can't.

The Doom Lords have like 8 million health, it's really not worth killing them; you can let the Pit Lord build up some threat and have him tank one while you Banish the other.
    I kept one Doom Lord banished and the other one feared.