Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

I'm not trying to start any trouble, but why do threads keep getting moved into a spoiler thread? People should be able to ask a question about the quest without risking being exposed to spoilers... Maybe we need a non-spoiler thread for those questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm not trying to start any trouble, but why do threads keep getting moved into a spoiler thread? People should be able to ask a question about the quest without risking being exposed to spoilers... Maybe we need a non-spoiler thread for those questions?
    Good point. Trouble is we'd have a forum full of Green Fire threads if I didn't move most of them in here. In this case there's not really a perfect solution to this.

Deleted
    Took me about 2 hours but I finally got him down, for those wondering, you can leave the scenario to repair and then you will be ported straight back to the top again when you requeue. I had a massive panic attack when my items broke and I thought I'd have to do the whole thing again.

Only advice I can give it that after the imp phase, when the boss goes to cast cataclysm, remove any dots on you and get into position to LoS the pit lord behind a pillar. I found I had to be doing this as soon as possible or the pit lord would end up getting broken out.
    Also saccing the imp for the dispel makes the fight much easier, especially when you don't have the pit lord around during felhunter phase. GL.

Finally killed him after 3 days of trying with 481 ilvl.
    I'm going to start talking about my opinion regarding the whole questline, since this isn't a Kanrethad-only thread.

I have to admit that I started out completely amazed. The moment I got the book and started interacting with demons, I told myself: I must be in for something awesome. And that was the case when every one of the demons had its own unique replies. The observer's speech left me speechless. Such a well done script in my opinion. Then I got my hands on Jubeka's journal. Never in my whole gaming experience during WoW had I seen such detailed and well written lore, not to mention that it was about a series of pets for a single class. You've got to admire the effort put into the grimoires' development. By then I was sure to be pleased all the way, until I got to Akama at the Black Temple. Sneaking my way through was nice, but talking to that guy felt so out of place, although I love the character. Using the eye of Kilrogg was also promissing, but when I met the first boss, aka rehash of the reliquary of souls, I was a bit disappointed. On the other hand, the series of visions and awesome lore and mechanics had made up for that mediocre boss fight. Then I continued until the plundering part, which increased the level of disappointment. I thought I had the choice to choose, but instead I was being rushed into stealing all the goods in the temple. The idea itself was great, but the way it was presented sucked.
    So after finishing that I find myself at the summit of Black Temple, where all of a sudden I see Kanrethad appearing. And then, I go all WTF? It's over so soon? I thought this would be some long questline which would end in an unexpected twist, and that the black temple was only part of the whole story which included about 4/6 other warlocks. Sure his skin was amazing and all, but it felt so rushed and forced, as opposed to the beginning which was marvellous. I don't want to look ingrateful, I really appreciated the effort to do such a niche quest and scenario, but it's as if so much more could've been done, just like with Cataclysm. I'm just giving feedback in the end.

As for the fight, it was amazing. Never had I encountered a boss that required so much multitasking and reactivity, along with so many original mechanics that require to literally use everything you've got while thinking outside the box.
    However, what I found utterly disgusting is the difference in investment depending on gear. I see people with 490+ ilvl doing it without too much trouble, hell I even explained my own tactics to a guildy that hadn't passed phase 1, but ended up doing it in 4 hours when I was gone.
    It really pisses me off how I have to watch out for every single step, exploit every possibility and avoid all mistakes just because I have unoptimized gear and with blue items and not so many gems. I ended finishing the encounter with a flask and a purification potion. I really enjoyed learning the strategy by myself, figuring it out through trial and error. It was the first time that I could try a boss without someone asking me to go check all the abilities on tankspot. I could actually progress by myself and truly learn the encounter and build a strategy around it. If this scenario doesn't scale with gear, then it'd be a shame If people can negate the challenge through gear.
    One of the best boss encounters, hope it stays this way.

Kanrethad Kill Guide - ilevel 487

First off I would like to tip my hat to Blizzard for creating an extremely challenging and unforgiving boss fight!
    That being said, I did have a few moments when I became rather angry over how unforgiving certain mechanics are.
    After killing this boss, I decided to write up a little guide for my Warlock Brethren who are as of yet not super geared
    but still would like to enjoy the awesomess of GREEN FIRE!

First off, I completed this fight as Destruction with the following Talents:
    Soul Leech (amazing for damage absorption, the other 2 options do not even compare)
    Shadowfury (amazing for CC, again the other 2 options do not compare)
    Sacrificial Pact (came in VERY useful for moments when I was away from my teleporter and had a Chaos Bolt heading towards my face)
    Grimoire of Sacrifice (You have to enslave the Pit Lord so you might as well sac your demon and get SOME buff from it)
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning (LOTS of movement in this fight, this is by far the best choice of the end-tree abilities)

Glyphs Used:
    Healthstone
    Siphon Life
    Dark Soul
    Enslave Demon
    Gateway Attunement

Buffs/Potions used:
    Flask of the Warm Sun (+1000 Int)
    Tangy Yogurt (+200 Haste)
    Purification Potion (To Dispel Curse of Ultimate Doom)
    Healthstone (Glyphed to return 40% HP over 10s

Setting up the fight:
    Place your Demonic Gateway so that you can use it to instantly LoS Kanrethad's Chaos Bolt behind a pillar.
    Place your Demonic Circle: Summon close enough to your Demonic Gateway so that you can use it to summon yourself out of a Void Zone (they suck you in towards the middle, very hard to get out of)
    The rest of positioning is learning how far away you can be from your gateway and still have time to get to it in order to LoS Chaos Bolt

The Fight
    After you Summon Kanrethad, you have ~20s to DPS him before the Pit Lord is summoned and tries to eat your face. Do as much damage to him as you can during this time.
    When the Pit Lord first shows his face, use the macro (/tar Pit Lord /cast Enslave Demon) on him to instantly target and cast. Glyph of Enslave Demon speeds up this process.
    After you Enslave the Pit Lord, Kanrethad gets mad at you and curses you with "Curse of Ultimate Doom" with will kill you after 7 minutes(Note: Purification Potion will remove this debuff), as well as "Seed of Terrible Destruction" and "Excruciating Agony". Both of these debuffs can be cleansed by the Pit Lord's Fel Flame Breath (macro for this is /cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath)
    Excruciating Agony - Hits harder the longer the DoT is on you so watch out.
    ANNOYING IMP - This little guy is very annoying. I am not really sure where he comes from but he lasts for about 20s and will periodically stun you for about 2s randomly.
    Once you and the Pit Lord are DPSing Kanrethad, you have a little bit of time before he summons 60 imps. Use this time to burn the boss (you have enough time to use the Pit Lord's 'Charge' ability which leaves a temporary +100% damage taken debuff twice)
    Kanrethad will begin to cast "Cataclysm" before the imps come out - DO NOT WORRY, IT WILL NOT COMPLETE

IMPS -Kanrethad will summon 60 imps from the portal, you should use your Pit Lord's Fel Breath on them, as well as Fire and Brimstone + Immolate/Conflagrate/Incinerate to get them down ASAP. Be careful, Kanrethad may cast a Chaos Bolt while you still have imps up.
    After the imps are down (or maybe a few are still up if you did not get them down fast enough) Kanrethad will cast "Cataclysm"(for real this time) you MUST use the Pit Lord's 'Charge' ability to interrupt this or you WILL die. Cooldowns will not save you.

FELHUNTERS -Kanrethad will summon 3 Felhunters about 15-20s after he casts his Cataclysm ability. Before he does this, you need to send your Pit Lord to hide behind a pillar so that he will be BEHIND the Felhunters when they spawn. If he is in front of them at ANY time they will dispel your enslave demon and he will eat your face. Before the Felhunters spawn (After you send the Pit Lord to hide) cast Soul Shatter to drop your aggro on the boss, then drop Rain of Fire on the portal so that the Felhunters aggro on you immediately. Burn the Felhunters down ASAP, nuke them with your Chaos Bolt (try to finish them off with Shadowburn for the extra Burning Embers). Depending on how fast you kill the Felhounds, Kanrethad may cast Cataclysm with a Felhound still up. Make sure your Pit Lord interrupts that while you finish off the adds.

Doom Lord -Kanrethad will summon a Doom Lord about 15-20s after his Cataclysm ability. During his summon, release the Pit Lord and RE-ENSLAVE in so that he does not turn on you in the middle of the fight. When the Doom Lord pops, use the macro (/tar Doom Lord /cast Banish) to instantly banish the demon, immediately return to DPSing Kanrethad.

Kanrethad will then repeat the summons, starting with 60 Imps, then 3 Felhunters, then 1 Doom Lord. You must kill the Imps, repeat the Felhunter kill tactic (send Pit Lord away, Soul Shatter, Rain of Fire, Etc), then Fear the new Doom Lord. At this point you will have 2 Doom Lords up, one should be Banished and the other should be Feared. After the Second Doom Lord comes out, you should use you Purification Potion to reset the duration of Curse of Ultimate Doom (note: if you have used a health or mana potion already during the fight you WILL NOT be able to use this potion and thus must beat him in under 7 minutes)

After this, I am told that Kanrethad will only summon Imps, however I killed him just after his third 60 Imp summon so I am unsure. I saved my Summon Infernal for the last Imp phase in order to get them down fast enough for me to finish off Kanrethad.

There gets to be a TON of stuff to keep track of in this fight, between keeping Doom Lords Banished/Feared, watching for Chaos Bolt/Cataclysm, and Cleansing DoTs, this fight took me about 18 attempts before I finally downed him.

Hope that this was useful, and good luck!

Deleted
    you dont need to kill the imps asap. it makes the fight trivial if you use them as an easy ember generator. they dont hurt that much, i just left them there with immolate ticking and keeping rof on them. in the meantime i had endless spam of chaos bolts and normal demonportal/cleanse/los routine. for those still struggling with the boss, abuse the imps. imp phase is the one when you will do most of the dmg on the boss. with sac pact, and constant chaos bolts (soul leech shields) u can survive anything at this stage.

and about the felhunters, timer on enslave doesnt run out when the puppies spawn. if you move your pitlord behind the pillar, far away from the dogs, they will not remove the enslavement from him. you will be vurnelable to the boss at this stage, but sac pact still works, so does the heal from the demon. its useful to save unbreakable will for this part, as you will most likely get couple of dots on you.

again, abuse the imps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this kill yesterday, finally -ilevel 499. Very satisfying, and I hope beyond hope that Blizz is using this as a litmus for other class-specific solo scenarios of this type. I tried off and on for 3 days, probably to the tune of 40 or 50 wipes if I was guessing.

Anyway. I didn't see this here, and though it may be somewhere in the last 50-odd pages, I thought I'd mention it just in case.

For the felhunters specifically I found the best way to deal with them was to put my teleporter at the left of the gate Kanrethad comes in and behind it. When the boss starts casting the summoning spell, I teleported there, dropped a rain of fire to snag aggro on them, and popped cooldowns. Burned the first felhunter down, shadowfury'd the next two and immolated them both.

I use the Pit Lord's charge ability on them, then the Fel Flame Breath. Only on one or two attempts did I have to polish the felhunters off with something.

What I noticed here, is that without moving the Pit Lord anywhere, that the felhunters either do not - or have a greatly reduced chance - consistently devour the enslave in this location. It might be that they don't have time, I don't know - but I found this to be extremely effective when dealing with them.

For the first doom guard I didn't bother banishing it. I stood next to him, soulshattered, and had the Pit Lord breathe on me (also hitting the Doom Lord). Didn't have an issue with threat at all, the DL was happy to attack the PL for the rest of the fight.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-03-16 at 02:36 AM.

-- Done! --

This was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had in WoW.

It took me a while, and sometimes I felt extremely frustrated, but I never once lost the feeling of "This... is just soooo fun!".

I believe it's partly because, you can feel your skill at the fight increase after each attempt. When I was up against a wall, I just kept trying, and trying, and trying (I would guess it took me around 60 serious attempts in the end), then in the middle of the fight I randomly noticed;

"Hey... Wait a minute... Wasn't this a huge problem before?"

And shortly after, I could do it reliably 90% of the time.

On my successful attempt, I swear halfway through I thought, "This is it... It's the one!". POW - POW - POW Shadowburns to the mouth!!!!

It felt so damn good.

The amazing thing is, this fight isn't a gear check at all! It's a total skill check! I did it in 479 ilvl gear, and I imagine you could do it as low as 470- ilvl. Really the only part which would be significantly easier with proper gear, are the 2 Felhunter phases. Sure, they are the hardest part, but that doesn't mean the rest of the phases aren't challenging on their own.

Incredible. Even though I probably won't get to see them, we need more class quests! I can already see the Paladin / Warrior one in my head.
    It's a little sad we (Warlocks) won't get another one for a very long time most likely, but this one was incredible. Plus, some similar, but smaller class quests which separate the classes and add some uniqueness are still a possibility!

Totally Awesome. Makes you feel like a master Warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    For the felhunters specifically I found the best way to deal with them was to put my teleporter at the left of the gate Kanrethad comes in and behind it. When the boss starts casting the summoning spell, I teleported there, dropped a rain of fire to snag aggro on them, and popped cooldowns. Burned the first felhunter down, shadowfury'd the next two and immolated them both.

I use the Pit Lord's charge ability on them, then the Fel Flame Breath. Only on one or two attempts did I have to polish the felhunters off with something.

What I noticed here, is that without moving the Pit Lord anywhere, that the felhunters either do not - or have a greatly reduced chance - consistently devour the enslave in this location. It might be that they don't have time, I don't know - but I found this to be extremely effective when dealing with them.
    Same for me, I tried the "move the pit lord behind a pillar" strat and failed horribly, I was able to burn the felhunters down using the pit lord to help without them devouring the enslave the majority of the time, and the few times it did get devoured it was with one or two of them at 15% health and it was easy to just re-enslave at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Good point. Trouble is we'd have a forum full of Green Fire threads if I didn't move most of them in here. In this case there's not really a perfect solution to this.
    I actually agree with Teye, this thread is going around in circles a lot because the first pages are more about PTR speculation than beating the final encounter which makes it very difficult to find the answers people are looking for. An FAQ thread, perhaps even stickied might be the answer.

What health thresholds are there? I was at third imp phase when doom hit me. Boss was at 41%.

Would you gem/reforge all mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    What health thresholds are there? I was at third imp phase when doom hit me. Boss was at 41%.

Would you gem/reforge all mastery?
    The phases are timed, not based on health%. You can use a Purification Potion to extend the duration of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Same for me, I tried the "move the pit lord behind a pillar" strat and failed horribly, I was able to burn the felhunters down using the pit lord to help without them devouring the enslave the majority of the time, and the few times it did get devoured it was with one or two of them at 15% health and it was easy to just re-enslave at that point.
    Yeah. The key is being strategic about the charge stun, I think. Duh, of course. The whole encounter is about being strategic. Anyway, with cooldowns popped it's pretty easy to burn down the first felhunter, immolate on both keeps damage ticking while the pit lord comes over, and the fel flame breath + chaos bolt finishes them off. Not quite in that order, but you get the gist.

I found that sticking to the K.I.S.S. rule (Keep It Simple, Stupid) worked the best for the encounter for me. The encounter is complex enough, I didn't want to over-complicate it if it didn't need to be. In that vein of thinking, I didn't use the gateway to drop my threat, or LoS chaos bolts, or any of the other common strategies. I'm not saying they're bad, maybe those were just to much for me to keep track of at a time....I *am* old, afterall.

My general execution of the kill looked something like this:

Macro'd fel flame breath to be cast on me.
    Keybound Health Funnel
    Keybound Pit Lord Charge
    Macro'd SacPac + Twilight Ward together
    Macro'd Target Pit Lord / Enslave Demon
    GoSac with Imp for the personal dispel
    Destro spec with a standard PvE reforge.
    Demonic Teleport to the left-rear (behind) of Kan's gateway
    Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, SacPac, Unbound Will (Extra Dispel if you need it), GoSac, KJC

-When Kanrethad came out I popped all my cooldowns (except for doomguard) and burned him, making sure to keep at least 2 embers available to CB him for the first stun.
    -When the Pit Lord came out I shadowfury'd him immediately, then enslaved him.
    -After the enslave I used Charge on Kanrethad and popped 2 CBs while he has the stun debuff.
    -I position myself on the opposite side of Kanrethad and the Pit Lord for whenever Fel Flame Breath was up, even if that meant standing in the green rain of fire temporarily.
    -Part of the key for me was spamming FFB on myself as well as using Singe Magic from the Imp on cooldown. This keeps his various dots from adding up, and frees you from having to worry about the annoying imps / void zones from his SoC-like ability.
    -I used the Pit Lord's Charge on Kanrethad 3 times before he started summoning imps. Each time with a minimum of 1 CB cast into him, but usually 2.

-For this part and the rest of the encounter I kept Kan focused so I could watch his cast bar. If I were smarter I would've setup some other kind of warning for his Chaos Bolts - we won't talk about how many times I died to a CB that I wasn't paying attention to. I found zero need to LoS his CBs. SacPac+Twilight Ward did the job for me just fine, and were up for every cast. Occasionally I might use the Pit Lord to heal me back up, or tap an ember.

"Regular" procedure:

-Once he summons the first pack of Wild Imps the "regular" encounter begins. I put a Rain of Fire on the gateway he comes out of and start using Fire and Brimstone + Immolate + FnB + Conflag / Incinerate. When the cast is done / all the imps were summoned I moved close to the gateway and use the Fel Flame Breath macro to cast FFB on me and on the Imps. To keep damage down, shadowfury the imps and finish them off - you might even get to use FFB on them a second time.

- I have read strategies that say you can use the Charge on him twice on "rotation," but I didn't do this. From this point I saved Charge for either Felhunters or to interrupt his Cataclysm.

-After the imp phase, he casts Cataclysm. Interrupt with Charge and CB him at least twice.

-Felhunters - as stated I dropped a Rain of Fire on the gateway and teleported behind it. First felhunter comes out - I popped dark soul and berserking (troll), immolate, conflag, a couple incinerates and he's dead. Second, Immolate and Havoc, Third, Immolate + Pit Lord Charge. I used the Fel Flame Breath macro on myself, which also his the felhunters, shadowfury, and finished them off....then soak the incoming Chaos Bolt.

-Cataclysm, charge, CB, CB, dps as normal. After this phase and when Shadowfury was off cooldown, I dismissed the Pit Lord, stunned him with SF, and re-enslaved him.

-Doom Lord phase - I stood in between Kanrethad and the Gateway he comes in from. When the Doom Lord comes out, I hit my Fel Flame Breath macro so it hits me and the Doom Lord, then Soulshatter. I had no issue with the Doom Lord after this.

From there it's rinse-repeat. At a 499 ilevel I didn't see a 3rd Doom Lord phase, he died shortly after the 2nd felhunter phase. I know there's tons of posts like this, but I hope maybe something in here helps someone out. Good luck!
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-03-16 at 02:43 PM.

A quick question regarding the Tome:
    I have completed the quest about a week ago now, but I dont seem to see or find any tomes. Beforehead I have found like 2 more passed on to the less fortunate, but now I have killed over 60 rares over the past days and nothing. Was it hotfixed so I cant see them once I have completed the quest? Or am I just increadibly unlucky regarding drops?

Been reading the MMOchamp forums for a long time, and never really bothered registering before, until now, because now I need help. :P

Been struggling with Mr. Ebonlocke for at least 5-6 hours now, gear has gone completely red 3 times. I'm at iLevel 482, Destruction spec and I've read a lot of guides and watched 4-5 different kill videos, but the furthest I get is the second imp phase, and that was only once.. usually I get to the first felhunter phase and die from a chaos bolt while dealing with them.

I don't think my gear is the problem, but rather that I am easily distracted and terrible at multitasking.. my most common cause of death is his chaos bolt during/right after the first felhunter phase mostly because I get so busy dealing with them that I completely forget about Mr. Ebonlocke and his chaos bolts/cataclysms. Is there any hope for someone like me to kill this guy, with my current gear? Or is the only way for me to gear up so I outgear the whole thing?

As much as I enjoy a challege, this fight involves me dealing with my greatest weakness.. I don't really see how I am going to do it. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    A quick question regarding the Tome:
    I have completed the quest about a week ago now, but I dont seem to see or find any tomes. Beforehead I have found like 2 more passed on to the less fortunate, but now I have killed over 60 rares over the past days and nothing. Was it hotfixed so I cant see them once I have completed the quest? Or am I just increadibly unlucky regarding drops?
    First, I wouldn't call 60 rares and no tomes "incredibly unlucky".
    Second, yes, it's just RNG - I've completed the quest last friday and found 6 additional tomes since then (I still camp the rares nearly the whole day long); one of them today.
    So they definitely still drop afterwards and can be lootet as well.

Deleted
    Hello guys, seems blizz worked on the CB LoS thingy as it does not work anymore. This is my main issue as I can't soak the second one which is done right before the imp phase
    I just got into BT at ilvl 484 and it seems impossible. Altough I read and specced as suggested in this thread, the damage it is simply insane. I cleansed his curses, but as soon as I do that, he will reapply them, his agony, seeds are always keeping me around 50% health, fel breath simply doesn't heal much at all it seems. But when the imps are spawning things go ugly. I tried staying on top of them + fel breath, even charge them, I just can't get them switch aggro, they just simply get me down less then 5 seconds lol. I know something might be F***** in my rotation, but out of 15 tries, 3 times I managed to stay alive...RoF them>shadowfury them>FB>immolate>FB spam incies and they were still up after -6-7 incinerates. All the times I got hit by another CB. I don't understand how ppl are saying they they do low dmg, they hit accorting to my combat log for 122k each wave of bolts!
    To my blief, I do like fights like this and I won't stop doing it, but It is waaaay too overcomplicated, too many macros combo's happening at the same time.
    However 1 question. Does anyone knows an addon or something (other than pitbull and power auras) to show his casts on the screen? I am interested in the cast time rather than what he casts.

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivvs View Post
    Hello guys, seems blizz worked on the CB LoS thingy as it does not work anymore.
    Really? I'm doing him now and LoSing the CBs pretty easily... although I'm moving towards soaking to give myself some extra deeps. I reckon I can do it now, if I stop making silly bugger mistakes.

EDIT: I'm now also in a really pissy mood as I'd gotten the boss to 45% at the beginning of the second imp phase and my internet cut out.
    Last edited by mmoc8773ad9113; 2013-03-16 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    @ Tuzark

Yes it is possible to do this with 480 ivl Without the potion that cleanses the Doom dot on you ( if you struggle to kill him within the duration of it )
    I did this with 482 ilvl and above in multiple Locks, with or without set bonus 2 - 4 . Just get all reforges and gems correct so you can get the most mastery and crit.

I'll explain what should be happening for each phase.

• Phase one

Fights starts , Prepot
    You just got Pit Lord enslaved , you should also sit on 4 full embers just by using your normal rotation.
    Use straight away Pit Lords charge and cast 3 chaos bolts. ( if you have 4set bonus you should already have popped DS while you cast CB )
    Keep your normal rotation on boss with Immolate ticking and Rain of Fire falling boss will cast his 1st Chaos bolt , dodge it with Portal or Gateway, get back in melee to get yourself dispelled by Pit Lords breath , it also important to not let Boss cast multiple dots on you while you gonna use the portal - gateway cos they might get you out of position by the Seed of terrible corruption when it knocks you back, single dispel by command demon is very useful.
    At this point Boss will be going in the middle and that means 1 thing and only Cataclysm is about to come in the next few seconds, meaning that your 2nd Pit Lords charge should be ready to be used. Let him cast cataclysm why you cast your own Chaos Bolt in mid cast of yours , use the Charge and dump all embers you got. He will start doting you again , repeat the dispelling steps.
    He now is moving to start summon the Fel Imps , your Charge will come shortly ready anytime soon.
    Imps are spawning , Rain of Fire on them this will get you full embers already , cast 1 FnB immolate and refresh RoF.
    You are ember caped and charge is ready. Use Charge while casting CB , your should aim to cast 5+ chaos bolts on boss while sitting and taking fel imps down with just RoF immo and a Shadowfury to stop them casting , he got you fully doted and is about to cast Chaos Bolt get inside melee , get dispelled and get ready to Portal - Gateway. Imps should be dead and you full embers.
    Boss moves to middle and gets ready to cast Cataclysm , charge and use 2 chaos bolts on him. At this points you start thinking getting dispelled by Breath and ( put Pit Lord to passive ) so he's ready to be Move in a LoS position for felhunters. dispel yourself with Command demon from now on.

• Phase two

Felhunters
    1st comes and you pop DS and cast your 1st Chaos bolt to it followed by Conf and if not dead bring it below 20% to shadowburn it. you get 2 emebrs from it meaning you have 3+ now. 2nd Felhunter comes , use Havoc on this one and cast your 2 CBs on 3rd and shadowburn it, and 2nd is still alive , CB + shadowburn it. Boss will cast a Chaos bolt on you, Felhunters are dead , target boss and send pet in , pop you SacP and use his healing colldown on you and absorb this chaos bolt. He will have you fully doted , and you have dispelled your self so far by Command demon.
    Boss will move to middle to cast Cataclysm and you have 3 if not 4 embers. Charge and dump all embers with CBs, get breath dispelled at all times from now on.

• phase three

Boss moves to summoning position and you charge should come out of cooldown soon , and you gonna dump all embers you got to that charge.
    Doom lord is spawning , use Soul Shatter when he comes and get in melee to get breathed , this will loose all your aggro on Doomlord and breath will get Pit Lord aggro ( if you feel comfortable with Banishing Doomlord feel free to do so ).
    When boss comes to middle you gonna use all embers you got left when you charge him.

and now boss will start moving to summoning position to get Fel Imps again , you repeat 1st phase again ( Nuke phase cos imps will generate you infinite embers to dump on boss while you charge him again )

Your doomguard should be popped around 30% because he will be 1min up and when you hit boss @ 20% he won't last more than a minute.
    Your 2nd Potion should be used when boss is below 20% and you have 4embers to cast all 4 shadowburns at once, it's really important that you keep immolate ticking and RoF falling to generate you always embers.

repeat all the above actions for each phase and you will master every phase.

here are some videos of kills with the explained tactic above.

Video One
    VideoTwo
    Video Three
    Last edited by mmoce51f3e626c; 2013-03-16 at 05:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivvs View Post
    ... keeping me around 50% health, fel breath simply doesn't heal much at all it seems.
    Make sure you're not using fel flame breath to heal, but instead the Pit Lord's Health Funnel ability. It's a significant heal, FFB is only a dispel / damage to the boss.