Killed him and dunno why he didn´t summon the first imp phase, he started with Puppies at around 65% and by the time 2nd cast of Puppies came out i was allready Shadowburning him down !!!
so after alot of trys and minor adjustments i manage to finaly get past the felhounds phase first time around.
the doom lord was not a problem i keep all things in check till the 3 felhounds phase, again now with the added doomlord it felt rly to much :S
still am only doing 3 to 5 trys per day to not make my self go mad from frustration, but having gotten past the felhounds on the first time is now lockt down. so op for the 2 phase, things is how much hp should the boss be(i got 492 ilvl with 4/4 set bonus) and i think after i killed the felhounds i had him around 60% ish then before the next felhound phase i had him down to 30% or so. now i would assume if i manage to get past the second felhound phase ect that i should have him sub 20% prefferd lets say 15% before the 3 imps so that i can then use the shadowburn tactic ect(o btw i got past the fellhounds by making a marco that hold all my dps and def cooldowns spells in 1 so when i hit it i can take the damage of the 3 felhounds(i dont bother with banish it feels like it could bite me in the ass if i left that do to dispell enslave and then fucking up my catalysm stun)
i must say if not done something this insanely hard sins old skool c'thun pre nerf phase 2(for those who can remember)
He still interrupted his own first cataclysm when I did this a few days ago so if they don't change that you don't need charge for the first cataclysm, I use it on his first chaos bolt instead.
Thanks a lot! I will give it another try later! Question though, you said in your guide and it also shows in the vid that you just use RoF on the imps instead of nuking them down fast.. won't this mean I will take a shitload of damage? Also what is your reason for chosing burning rush over unbound will? Personally I have been using Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Sacrifical Pact, Unbound Will, Grimorie of Sacrifice and Kil'jaeden's cunning so far.
Only issue I am having is the CB because I pop my Defensives but there is still a few seconds on one of them when he starts casting the next.
I suppose I will go for the LoS method. 4% wipe to a Chaos Bolt was frustrating. Timers would be nice but the LoS would work fine.
Overall, awesome fight and looking forward to killing him tonight.
If the boss is casting CB and you got to go while imps are still alive FnB confl and get the hell out, they should die.
I prefer burning rush because I'm sending PitLord at the right side where my portal and gateway is and I'm heading to the left while killing Felhunters away from PitLord and in case the boss casts a CB i can LoS it to the left pillar at the left side.Self dispelling and PitLords dispel is more than enough.
Mannoroth's Fury works better for this boss as destruction than KJC for this fight.
finally managed to kill him with 497 ilvl as destro mouse cliker / keyboard turner....yes i know i know.
It took around 50 atempts, food, flask and Drums of Forgotten Kings.
Obviously GoSac/imp for extra panic-mode dispells. Did most of the trys with shadowfury but changed to howl of terror on the last 3 ones...what a nice change.
If you are having troubles with fellhounds, which is most likely, spec HoT.
Here is a short strat for every phase: (it´s more of a step-by-step explanation than anything else)
1) prepot, cds and burn..easy.
2) enslave pitlord (use macro here: /tar pit lord /cast enslave demon /tar kanrethad). I did pre cast cb right after macro. You will have time to use charge on pitlord before finishing cast.
3) burn phase. portal/gate on every cb he casts. I preferred to LoS them than shielding them. Keep sacrificial pact for panic-mode moments. Use flame when he lands seed on you. Dots don´t do that much damage but the annoying imp is...well, annoying. Don´t bother with his Rof, pit lord heal anytime you are low.
4) imps. Rof + FnB+pit lord flame. Some people used imps for ember generation but i preffer to burn them asap so i don´t get overwelmed by them, uber chaos bolts and all the amount of shit going on.
5) pre cast cb and charge on every cataclysm.
6) fellhound. yeeeeee, this is the $%&·&·& phase of this encounter. easiest method i found was sending pit lord behind a pillar. Someone posted a picture of which one, the black circle marks the spot. HOWLLLLLLLLL of terror them. This is what changed everything in this phase for me. Don´t bother banishing them or single fear or weird havoc+charge+cb+million things to burn them. HoT and you will be able to kill them in a more relaxed way.
7) remember to re enslave pit lord right after cataclysm after you kill fellhounds, right before he summons doomguard. also recast elements and dark intent if any of the dogs managed to dispell it.
8) doomguard. Banish every 30 secs. easy.(used macro here too /tar doomguard /cast banish /tar kanrethad)
9) burn, Keep dispelling seed, use charge/flame when available, don´t forget about cataclysm, save charge for it. If you fail at charging cataclysm for whatever reason (pit lord unslaved, charge on cd, etc) i managed to survive cataclysm a few times popping absolutely everything and standing next to a wall to avoid fall damage, so you can too.
10) imps again, nothing new, burn them asap. try to save 4 embers after imp phase. Kanrethad should be around 20% health if your dps is consistent.
11) sub 20% health (at least for me at this stage, i killed him right before second round of dogs.) when he is about to cas cata and he is sub 20% that is the moment to pop second pot, all cds an charge cata+ 4 shadowburn. those 4 sb alone should bring him to 5-7%. Burn last % of health before dogs even appear.
12) enjoy your green fire....and the 500g that costs turning them back to original color if you dont like it
That has been a good fight, extremely difficult, much more than legendary solo thing. Slightly overuned maybe but fun...when you kill him.
good luck to everyone trying this and don´t get mad if you wipe a lot....(this fight cost me one broken keyboard...).
Excuse my bad english, but it´s better than your spanish or catalan.
Finally got my green fire, took me 3 tries. First try I died figuring out what each spell did, 2nd try I died because of bad positioning at fel puppies >.>
I was a little disappointed with the difficulty tho, seeing how many people were having /have trouble with him.
Up to the first imp wave I used charge on cooldown to unleash chaos bolts, getting the boss down to ~75% by the time imps spawn.
Used FoB immolate on the imps, charge on the boss and burned him down to ~45% before the imps finally died.
As for the felhunter phase, I tanked them behind the portal, with a rain of fire on top of the portal to grab aggro and face them away from my pit lord.
Used a fel breath on the doomguard so my pit lord would tank it and finished the job in the 2nd imp phase.
Granted I'm decently geared, I wouldn't mind if the boss was a bit harder tuned :/
Thank you, people who gave important advice on this fight! Without you, I would never achieved victory over Kanrethad!
Defeated him with iLvL 489. Pit Lord tanked Doomguards, AoEd imps (with my help, of course)... I LoS'ed the Chaos Bolts, used Pit Lord's Charge + Chaos Bolt on first felhunter, then Shadowfury + Havoc + Chaos Bolt on the others felhunters, then quickly enslaved the Pit Lord again. I used defensive cooldowns on the felhunter stage. And I had the Pit Lord interrupt the first Curse of Doom. I defeated him with 0s remaining.
And sorry for my english!
Edit: Oh, and my brother helped me pointing when to pop defense and offense cooldowns, detecting chaos bolts... Worked like a addon.
Last edited by A Chozo; 2013-03-16 at 10:37 PM.
On topic with your comment - there are lots of people who don't want it nerfed / want it to scale with gear to keep it challenging forever. I suppose that's the closest I've seen. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that myself. Once I get back to raiding I'd love to see how much its trivialized by higher ilevel gear, which I suppose will serve as the eventual nerf anyway.
---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 11:11 PM ----------
Well, I'm 505 Ilvl in PvE gear, which I think is slightly overgeared.
What I really think is what made it so easy for me, is the fact I PvP so much that dodging stuff, controlling my pet, etc is a nobrainer for me.
Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-16 at 11:15 PM.
Correct strat is the key...I wiped like 30-40 times on thursday,because simply I was complicating things too much,today after I finally watched a vid of the kill,read more tips and made more macros it went down on 3rd pull,kind of lucky too because I died on 0%,got green fire but didnt finish scenario so I can fight the boss again if I want to.
So this is how I did it:
After I enslaved Pit lord I'm precasting chaos bolt and using charge instantly(he is interrupting his first cataclysm so no worries).Today I decided to LoS chaos bolt and for me it was one of the crucial things.When I was using Sacrificial pact and twilight ward to absor CB dmg it didnt really work that well.First of all SP might be useful in other situation,second of all sometimes you might be late with popping SP or you can lose some of dmg absorbtion due to dots ticking,wild imps + you are not full health = dead.Put your gateway behind the pillar to the left side of that gate of doom from where his adds are coming from,you know what I mean,and simply teleport there if he is casting CB.If for some reason you are too far away,you can still try to mitigate dmg with SP,unending resolve,twilight ward.
Wild Imps shouldnt be that much of problem,I stand almost on top of the boss,using macro for Fel flame on me,which also hits imps.Then I'm using Rain of fire and Fire and brimstone+Pit lord Fel flame to kill Imps asap,this is probably not the easiest way because you have to use ember tap a lot cuz you have aggro from imps,but it just worked fine for me and they were dead really fast.
Once felhunters are about to come put your pet to passive and move him behind the pillar to the right side of the gate of doom.Pop Dark soul for Fel hunters,I was playing destro so,Immo+conflag+Havoc on 1 felhunter,CB the other one,first one should be dead and the other one very low so just finish him and kill the third one with Incinerate or CB or whatever,also use Shadowfury on them whenever you feel like and you can use Rain of fire for additional damage.Be quick about that,probably at the time you are killing fel hunters he will be casting Chaos bolt(LoSing it is best)and after that Cataclysm,so it is best to kill them before he starts casting Cataclysm.
Nothing more to add I think,once he summons the doomguard let Pit lord take aggro on him obviously,you can also banish him but thats only for 30 secs.Also remember that you have to dismiss your pet after 3-4mins when there is a good moment and recast enslave on him - you dont want enslave to run out when you are fighting fel hunters for example...
When I had boss at around 12-18% wild imps came,I used RoF on them +Fel flame and Shadowburned the boss like crazy,had aggro on imps and was taking generally huge amount of dmg,that was the first time I got him below 20% and it was a kill,but a sloppy one cuz I got too excited when I saw him below 10% and just dpsed like crazy and died at 0% :S
Good luck its an awesome fight!
Also, something important I've just realised.
Felhunters dispel magic, not just your pit lord. This means buffs, (drums), and even/especially YOUR SACRIFICIAL PACT AND TWILIGHT WARD.
The amount of times I died before I realised that is stupid.