Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Another link for a video. My PoV, third kill.

update, i finally downed him.

at the last 20 sec, my pit lord got away so there was 60imps + 2 doomguards + pitlord + boss running to me, i used the infernal, and fnb conflag + embertap spamm, and crited 4 shadowburns in sequence, so finally got it, green awesomeness

i'm so excited omggomgogmogmg

This fight frustrates me to no end. The bloody felhunter phase is so full of shit its unbelievable.

I'm sending the Pit Lord to hide on the far side, but no matter what I do I cant kill all 3 of them in time. I have 1 dead before he casts Chaos Bolt but as soon as I portal to safety the Pit Lord is unenslaved and I have an Annoying Imp on my shoulder stunning me over and over. I cant even get the Pit Lord back under control before his Cataclysm blows my shit up, AND there is still 1-2 felhunters running around that I still haven't been able to kill.

My DPS can't be that low, the boss is at 80% before the imps come out and 70% by the time the felhunters come out without flasks food or pots.. If I could just burst them down faster somehow I really think I could get this. I'm able to kill the entire group of imps with no cooldowns, defensive or offensive without any trouble. But those felhunters man, even with Demon Soul I cant touch them.

But holy shit this is annoying.

I dont know whats more enraging, the felhunters or the demonic gateway not working when I click on it. Its supposed to be a LoS issue right? then how the fuck did I cast it there in the first place! I'm standing in the exact same spot for crying out loud!
    Last edited by Qprah; 2013-03-19 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    Gnah. Their market price dropped to nothingness during the past few days - while I still have four unsold tomes lying around on my bank.
    It was fun while it lasted. :<

Deleted
    So i woke up this morning and i said let's try zerg Kanreathad what time can i get.
    When Doomlord spawned and Kanrethad goes to cast cataclysm he went down, 4mins fight ... i'm gonna push it even more ...
    considering i didn't use my Doom guard

gonna post the vid later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    This fight frustrates me to no end. The bloody felhunter phase is so full of shit its unbelievable.

I'm sending the Pit Lord to hide on the far side, but no matter what I do I cant kill all 3 of them in time. I have 1 dead before he casts Chaos Bolt but as soon as I portal to safety the Pit Lord is unenslaved and I have an Annoying Imp on my shoulder stunning me over and over. I cant even get the Pit Lord back under control before his Cataclysm blows my shit up, AND there is still 1-2 felhunters running around that I still haven't been able to kill.
    I had exactly the same problem so I took another approach. Position the Pit Lord behind the portal and put it on passive right after you interrupted Cataclysm. Use FFB on yourself before repositioning the Pit Lord if you need to. Soulshatter to drop thread on Kan. He will not cast a CB when he is attacking the Pit Lord. Move in front of the portal and put RoF on it. When the first Felhunter comes out Havoc it and put another RoF on the portal. Pop DS and CB the next Felhunter right when it spawns. Use Sac Pact and CB the third Felhunter. Charge the Felhunters with the Pit Lord and Shadowfury stun them. Use FFB and Shadowburn to finish them off.

Worked well for me. I never got my enslave devoured and the Felhunters died within a few secs. Don't forget to put the Pit Lord back to assist after this.

You have to kill the 3 puppies ASAP. You have still some time to do it. Remember to use soulshatter before they appear and be sure you have no curses on you. Save 3 embers if you are destro, or a lot of fury, ds+imps if you are demo (I did it this way) and NUKE THEM, get their aggro. Kanrethad should be attacking your pit lord, and casting CB on him. After that, comes the catacltism... you have to kill the puppies asap

Soulshattering really helps in the Felhunter phase actually, makes it really smooth.

Now I just need to make sure I fear the doomguard's away from the portal so I can see what im doing after the 2nd lap is over. My dps isn't high enough as is to beat him without a purification potion, however I managed to make him cast Curse of Doom on me twice in a row on one attempt, the duration doubled up to 15 minutes, so i could have had a really really long time period if i also used the purification pot on that attempt.

I know I can do this now, it is just a matter of time and luck.

EDIT: Killed him 4 attempts later. That last phase of shadowburning fueled by the imp swarm and spamming ember tap is such a rush. 40ish attempts, 400g in repairs, 3 flasks and about 20 food/potions.

God damn this feels good. and with barely 480 ilvl.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2013-03-19 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    My dps isn't high enough as is to beat him without a purification potion, however I managed to make him cast Curse of Doom on me twice in a row on one attempt, the duration doubled up to 15 minutes, so i could have had a really really long time period if i also used the purification pot on that attempt.

I know I can do this now, it is just a matter of time and luck.
    That happened to me as well, kind of awesome with double the enrage
    You can also avoid at least four Curse of Doom casts if you chargestun the first and third and LoS with portal on the second and fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    That happened to me as well, kind of awesome with double the enrage
    You can also avoid at least four Curse of Doom casts if you chargestun the first and third and LoS with portal on the second and fourth.
    Yeah thats what I did, stunned the first doom, he interrupted the second to start a chaos bolt, i stunned the 3rd that he canceled his cataclysm for. I was into the first imp phase before he even put doom on me. It actually is a nice method to use as long as his first cataclysm stays bugged. Adds a lot of time and dps to the first part of the fight and gets you to like 80% before the imps even come out.

I got a bit further last night a few times. The problem im running into now is that when i sent the pit lord across the room before the fels come out, I dont have a way to remove kens seeds and agony. I killed the fels cata started and was interrupted, but then i suddenly started taking chunks of damage and died. unstable agony was doing about 100k a tick so now i gotta remember to get cleansed asap after fels.

Also...something that I remember we did way back when we were raiding early raids...when a mob was known to dispel buffs, we would apply our critical buffs, then apply crap buffs on top of those...anything that put a buff icon on you so that the dispel would hit the newest buff icon first and you could keep your most important things longer. Not sure if that still works with the buff consolidation but after the fels, i would find that my demonic gateway was dispelled and id have to recast before the doomgard came out so i could shed aggro .

BTW, the demonic gateway...doesnt seem to always be shedding aggro. I was using it on cooldown and several times i would warp right before he would start casting chaos bolt and still be the target.

Use your unbownd will when he is summoning the puppies+soulshatter. make sure to heal too and dispell rebuffs if u dont use UNB will. I didnt, while my pit travelled to the wall, he dispelled me+healed.
    The gateway really worked for me, using it all the time I could, i didnt not only did it when he was casting CHAOS BOLT, BUT ALL THE TIME. he casted like 1 chaos.

just got it this morning at 5am (coudnt sleep and found a rare mob .. WEE)

was harder then i expected, manly at 20-25% the 2nd dog phase .. somehow they realy didn't wana hit me and wanted to fist my pet .. after quite a few tries and going back to sw to buy the fucking glyph (ololo) i got him down.

my biggest problems were the chaos bolt casts and i tired to stun him in the beginning, and sometimes the bolt hit even if i was behind the wall ..

Fight start. enslave -> go to the right when the imps are there and aoe trough the boss (helped me to keep me dispelled at the same time) -> go to the left for the dogs and ROF/felflame to get the suckers -> use heal from pet to generate aggro on the fat dude + banish from time to time -> repeat .. wee down.
    and well hope that the gateway doesn't bug

edit: why the need for the potions etc? if you time chaosbolt with the stun it hits for like 1 million, i got him down at 2min left

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    edit: why the need for the potions etc? if you time chaosbolt with the stun it hits for like 1 million, i got him down at 2min left
    Because not everyone has 512ilvl?

Even with less ilvl, around 500, you can still kill him before the curse kills you. Anyway, you can also stun the first curse he casts on you.
    And LOS the 2nd. anyway, the curse is not the biggest issue in the encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    just got it this morning at 5am (coudnt sleep and found a rare mob .. WEE)

was harder then i expected, manly at 20-25% the 2nd dog phase .. somehow they realy didn't wana hit me and wanted to fist my pet .. after quite a few tries and going back to sw to buy the fucking glyph (ololo) i got him down.

my biggest problems were the chaos bolt casts and i tired to stun him in the beginning, and sometimes the bolt hit even if i was behind the wall ..

Fight start. enslave -> go to the right when the imps are there and aoe trough the boss (helped me to keep me dispelled at the same time) -> go to the left for the dogs and ROF/felflame to get the suckers -> use heal from pet to generate aggro on the fat dude + banish from time to time -> repeat .. wee down.
    and well hope that the gateway doesn't bug

Because some people did it with 18k spellpower and blue gear. Even if you manage to time your Chaos Bolts and everything, you won't do enough damage to pass his normal execute. My Chaos Bolts would do about 600k on the damn guy and what I'd do is time Imp phase, 15% dmg buff and stun together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellicia View Post
    Because not everyone has 512ilvl?
    But i've done it with 482 mixed pve + pvp gear without pot. But yes ppl managed to get this with that potion .

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just bought this tome for 4k cos it seemed like a good deal ;p .. but... im a PVP lock, i have absolutely no PVE gear, no interest in PVE what so ever on my lock..
    sooooooo. is this doable with pvp gear? (atm im full s13 malev geared, lvl 478 i think or thereabouts) or do i gotta get myself some PVE gear to do it? if its doable in PVP gear then what spec would be best (i only do Aff and Destro, hate Demo) do i need proper hit rating etc.. any help would be appreciated.. although im not that bothered about green fire it might be cool to have a go cheers..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    One problem I keep running into over all phases, especially e.g. at the imps - I keep targeting my damn pit lord by mistake because he's so effing huge. When trying to cast spells on Kanrethad, when trying to click my portal (put it in front of the gate because other than this problem it's a good position to reset aggro).

Anyone got tips for that? I thought maybe some macro like "if target friendly, cast spell at focus target". I suck at macros though.

The main problem I'm running into right now on a regular basis is the Chaos Bolt during the Felhunter phase. Anyone found any other great solutions on that? I reset aggro often but I still eat it all the time. Other than that I just can't get the dogs down fast enough. I'm ilvl 493 but even with all CDs I only get them to around 22% hp with a chaos bolt, which is just barely too much to finish them with a Shadowburn.

edit: Ok, after like 100 tries I had two wipes around 5%, so freaking pissed right now. One time the 3rd imps got me, didn't handle them right, was too stressed and messed up. Second time the same thing, only that I ate a Chaos Bolt during the 3rd imps. Was too focused on keeping RoF up on them while spamming Shadowburn on the boss and forgot about using portals and Soulshatter.
    There's just so damn much to do in that last phase and so much stress, so easy to miss something essential.
    I might just wait for a few pieces more gear now, second wing of LFR opening this week so might get lucky and that might help me down him just those few % sooner.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-03-19 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    The main problem I'm running into right now on a regular basis is the Chaos Bolt during the Felhunter phase. Anyone found any other great solutions on that? I reset aggro often but I still eat it all the time. Other than that I just can't get the dogs down fast enough. I'm ilvl 493 but even with all CDs I only get them to around 22% hp with a chaos bolt, which is just barely too much to finish them with a Shadowburn.
    I used the Pit Lords charge and breath to help nuking them.