Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivvs View Post
    Seriously this is fucking impossible. I just can't get rid of the chaos bolt hit. I watched movies and most of the guys that are pretty much "pro" as they say have to deal only with a fucking chaos bolt.
    When I LOSed it, I ported out soon as I saw he was casting it. As far as watching his castbars, I just set him to my focus. I could see everything. I think if you wait until it's just about cast, it's just a case of the spell actual effect and the spell visual effect not lining up -- it looks like you should be LOS, but the spell actual effect has already targeted you. If you LOS sooner it should be a matter of it can't hit you. Others have suggested using Soulshatter right before felpup phase to get his next few casts to target the Pitlord instead of you. I had mixed results with this -- but sometimes, yes, I did get him to cast on the Pitlord instead of me. After that I would try to Soulshatter on cd. You should be able to get two or three total in. Will really help towards the end when you're juggling a lot of stuff.

Generally, however, I would soak the Chaos Bolts. Ember Tap / Pitlord Heal / Healthstone / whatever I had to do to get to full health, then Sac Pact + Twilight Ward. Or Unending Resolve + Twilight Ward.

And I did notice that just because it says he's casting a CB, he doesn't always actually cast it, so you don't have to prep for it unless it's actually casting. Plus, doing the fight enough you know exactly when he's going to cast Cataclysm and when he won't -- using Charge as often as possible while still having it up for Cata + felpups is what got me my kill. Time it to interrupt Chaos Bolts if you need to if you somehow get one up with Sac Pact / Unending Resolve on cd.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my tome today. Any achievement for this chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Does anyone have some very specific pointers with regards to the fel hunter transition? I'm managing to figure out every which way to fail: send pit lord to pillar too early and end up with lots of dots, soul shattering too late and losing aggro on fel hunters, not managing to lose aggro on Kanrethad despite using portals and soul shatter.
    What I did (at ilvl 486) was move the Pit Lord just to the right of the pillar directly behind the big portal. Then as the boss begins to summon them, drop at least 3 Rain of Fire on top of the big portal (from test runs, any less than 3 and the Rain expires just before the 3rd felhunter emerges, at which point it heads straight for your Pit Lord wherever he may be to devour his enslave). Then (by way of macro. Macros make life SO much easier during this encounter) I pop offensive/defensive cds, Chaos Bolt the 1st hound, Havoc the 2nd, then as I Chaos Bolt the 3rd one I have my Pit Lord charge it. Since its Charge is an aoe stun its stuns all 3 hounds for 100% damage. The Chaos Bolt should one shot 2 hounds, and you can then finish the other one with Conflagrates/Incinerates/Shadowburn, and have a few seconds left before the boss uses his Chaos Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by grizelda View Post
    over? No no no. You can rerun it for fun!
    noooooooooooooo!!!........

Okay so, I have now spent a total of 11-12 hours, 2k in repair and probably died over 100 times, but finally.. KANRETHAD IS DEAD! *teabags him* FINALLY ;_;

Before killing him, I really hated the guys who said "don't nerf, it's meant to be hard" etc.. but honestly, after having finally downed him myself, I agree. The satisfaction of finally getting him down after so much effort is... just.. epic.

And for you who still struggle, don't give up... I am extremely easily distracted, get easily nervous and stressed and multitasking is my weakest point... but even someone like me did it. If someone like me can do it, ANYONE CAN. Trust me. XD

*runs around spamming rain of fire while whispering everyone on friends list about it*

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I did it at iLevel 488, for those who might want to know. :P
    EDIT2: Also forgot to say that a friend of mine gave me a good tip earlier today; if you fear the Pit lord as it goes out of the portal INSTEAD of enslaving it, you get 20 sec (the duration of fear) Extra where you can dps Kanrethad without him doing anything. Just be quick to enslave it as it gets out of the fear, since you can't keep fearing it forever.

This should help a lot for those who are under geared, but keep in mind that doing so might bug the timer on the curse of ultimate doom. The timer bugged for me and it showed as 10 mins left at some point, I figured "hey, that's cool.. longer than usual" but it stays the same, it's just the duration text that bugs
    Last edited by Tuzark; 2013-03-24 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    What I did (at ilvl 486) was move the Pit Lord just to the right of the pillar directly behind the big portal. Then as the boss begins to summon them, drop at least 3 Rain of Fire on top of the big portal (from test runs, any less than 3 and the Rain expires just before the 3rd felhunter emerges, at which point it heads straight for your Pit Lord wherever he may be to devour his enslave). Then (by way of macro. Macros make life SO much easier during this encounter) I pop offensive/defensive cds, Chaos Bolt the 1st hound, Havoc the 2nd, then as I Chaos Bolt the 3rd one I have my Pit Lord charge it. Since its Charge is an aoe stun its stuns all 3 hounds for 100% damage. The Chaos Bolt should one shot 2 hounds, and you can then finish the other one with Conflagrates/Incinerates/Shadowburn, and have a few seconds left before the boss uses his Chaos Bolt.
    Thanks. I got it 2 days ago I think. Using the gateways during that phase was a mistake.

@Ivvs- If you aren't Los'ed when he fires it off, it will connect regardless.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A second tome dropped tonight. Now I have to figure out who my (other) favorite Lock on the server is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    A second tome dropped tonight. Now I have to figure out who my (other) favorite Lock on the server is.
    I had a 3rd drop today. The 2nd one I got went to a guildie, this last one though, hopefully some warlock with shitty luck wants to buy it from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: After the second set of phases (2nd doomguard is out), does he only do imps and transitions? I had imp -> cataclysm -> imps (where I died because I expected felhunters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalDestonaion View Post
    Question: After the second set of phases (2nd doomguard is out), does he only do imps and transitions? I had imp -> cataclysm -> imps (where I died because I expected felhunters).
    Yes, after second Doomguard only imp phases.

Killed it today as Sac Demo. Fun fight. Didn't bother LoSing the Pit Lord for the Fel Hunters, just saved CDs for them and burst them down in a few seconds and re-did my MC on the Pit Lord. Smooth sailing other than that, don't see what the big deal is with people complaining about the difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    noooooooooooooo!!!........
    come on this fight is something u can do when u are bored , when u want to get yourself to the edges and gank the shit out of Kanrethad, something solo you can do for being a warlock. Love this fight.

i need a reminder to pop doomguard for this fight seriously.
    i must do it faster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally killed him. Heart beating so fast. My last attempt (before this one) I got him down to 5%. I was so angry I went to sleep. I wake up, 1 attempt and boom. He's dead and I have my green fire. Oh man, I'm just so happy right now. After so much heartbreak I finally beat him.

:*D

Now I just need to find a set that matches my green fire.
    Last edited by FinalDestonaion; 2013-03-24 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivvs View Post
    That just as a taste for you guys. However I am too pissed at the moment, but for your info I got till the felpups phase and there was another one. Now I can imagine that if you guys have to deal only with 1 CB as some, yes the fight would be much easier.Cheers..
    What? I was getting Chaos Bolts every minute on the dot, fairly sure that's working as intended, if you're expecting less then you're doing it wrong, CB is literally the easiest mechanic to deal with, you're supposed to use sacrificial pact to survive them, which has a 1 minute cooldown and shadow ward, which has a 30s cooldown iirc.

Expecting 1 chaos bolt... really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    What? I was getting Chaos Bolts every minute on the dot, fairly sure that's working as intended, if you're expecting less then you're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to use sacrificial pact to survive them, which has a 1 minute cooldown.

Expecting 1 chaos bolt... really?
    You're not supposed to get hit by them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    That's why sac pact is there for , to go aggressive and soak dmg while you zerg boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I honestly think soaking the attack that comes every 1 minute with your 1 minute cooldown makes far more sense then trying to pretend the design intent was to LOS them behind pillars that don't work half the time.

Sac pact + shadow ward makes them hit for nothing, pissing around with LOS just means lost damage done for absolutely no good reason.

What are you gaining by LOSing them, bar a longer fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I honestly think soaking the attack that comes every 1 minute with your 1 minute cooldown makes far more sense then trying to pretend the design intent was to LOS them behind pillars that don't work half the time.
    I neither soaked nor LoS'ed them. As long as you use your gateway on cooldown (or nearly on cooldown) no chaos bolt will hit you. He might cast it, but if he does your Pit Lord will eat it. You have to use the gateway to drop aggro before he starts casting though, if you use it during his casting it will likely hit you anyway, as he just continues casting it.

Different question, out of curiosity: if I cleanse the Fel Fire at the trainer and decide I want it back, do I have to defeat him again or is it just another talk to the trainer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I neither soaked nor LoS'ed them. As long as you use your gateway on cooldown (or nearly on cooldown) no chaos bolt will hit you. He might cast it, but if he does your Pit Lord will eat it. You have to use the gateway to drop aggro before he starts casting though, if you use it during his casting it will likely hit you anyway, as he just continues casting it.

Different question, out of curiosity: if I cleanse the Fel Fire at the trainer and decide I want it back, do I have to defeat him again or is it just another talk to the trainer?
    You don't even have to hit it on cooldown, every wave is Adds - Chaos Bolt - Cataclysm, so just go through gateway about 5s after the summon is over with and your fine. I've done it avoiding Chaos Bolt by forcing Pit Lord to tank and just absorbing them with SacPact, I have never done the LoS strat and personally think it is a huge waste of time, if you are aware enough to LoS chaos bolt you are aware enough to press cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    To turn it off, you have to go to Altar of Damnation Shadowmoon Valley and talk to someone (I forget their name). It costs 500g. To turn it back on, you just talk to Kanrethad at the Altar of Damnation, and it gets channeled back into you.