Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Aniaden View Post
    I've busted my ass trying to get my green fire, but I think I might have to concede the fight to Ebonlocke. I've played my lock since BC. Did my hunter quest in vanilla but I can't beat this bastard. Seems insane the guy is this hard for a color change. Congrats to the people that did beat him.
    Have you tried this strategy? It's what worked for me.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...de-by-ackthal/

Deleted
    Do you have any other debuffs on you besides the Curse of Ultimate Doom when you use the potion? It will only remove one, so you have to make sure nothing else is on you when you use it. I had the Pit Lord use his flame breath on me just before using it to make sure the potion got rid of the doom curse.
    Ty for the reply

I have been fully "clean".... However I start to suspect I might have clicked the pre pot in all the madness... So have moved that icon far away. Now I just have to get a few more good goes

Haven´t played destro in a long time... been Demo since mid cata, so need to learn and force my brain how to improve the dps !

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbunnie View Post
    Haven´t played destro in a long time... been Demo since mid cata, so need to learn and force my brain how to improve the dps !

If you've been playing Demo, do it as Demo. Its really not bad at all for this. The burst AoE HoG can provide when used properly is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Have you tried this strategy? It's what worked for me.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...de-by-ackthal/

Yea, I've read and tried several, my ilvl is 481 and I was enjoying thinking that it was just a gear thing lol and then I started seeing the videos of a guy doing it in ilvl 476 so I know its me. Problem I'm having is the same as most I suppose. Fel Hunters eat my face, I never lose my enslave but I cant seem to damage down the hunters fast enough and meanwhile I'm dying or get a CB faceplant because of panic and I tunnel vision on the Fel hunters. Its all me, I own that fact and eventually I'll get it. I just get frustrated thinking that "I should have" been able to do it already.

Yea, I've read and tried several, my ilvl is 481 and I was enjoying thinking that it was just a gear thing lol and then I started seeing the videos of a guy doing it in ilvl 476 so I know its me. Problem I'm having is the same as most I suppose. Fel Hunters eat my face, I never lose my enslave but I cant seem to damage down the hunters fast enough and meanwhile I'm dying or get a CB faceplant because of panic and I tunnel vision on the Fel hunters. Its all me, I own that fact and eventually I'll get it. I just get frustrated thinking that "I should have" been able to do it already.
    i tried at 473 and again at 481, it wasn't until 487 that i was able to kill him. that extra gear let me kill the felhunters fast enough that i was able to bring my pit lord out of hiding to charge kanrethad for the cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So unfortunately it looks like I'm throwing in the towel. I'm traveling right now and at best my ms is 200 averaging 700. I will not have good Internet for seven months. The lag is unbearable, even with addons off and graphics on low. My net randomly goes completely out. It sucks, I've been waiting for this since BC hit. Because of my net I can't raid, I can't PvP, and I can't have green fire. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    i tried at 473 and again at 481, it wasn't until 487 that i was able to kill him. that extra gear let me kill the felhunters fast enough that i was able to bring my pit lord out of hiding to charge kanrethad for the cataclysm.
    Well thats actually encouraging :-) Ty. I'll try gearing up a little more before the next attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Because of my net I can't raid, I can't PvP, and I can't have green fire. Done.
    Sad days

On the upside, this quest will still be there when you have decent connection again, so when you do you'll be able to get green fire at last. yay!

Finally just killed it myself, attempted it 7 times or so at 492 and decided I'd gear up a bit more for felhunters. Now at 500 ilvl and just spent an hour and a half on it, probably roughly 12 attempts, and got it. Insane challenge for sure, I focused on survival more than damage. Used a purification potion, had to renslave my pit lord twice, and on my kill shot the enslave wore off and he came after me, so I tossed down my RoF on the imps and said a prayer and just started spamming shadowburn. Got him with roughly 10% of my health left and the pit lord about 0.5 seconds away from obliterating me. I agree with other people when they say they don't want it nerfed, it's an awareness check above all else. Gotta keep all the timers in your head and know what's about to happen before it happens, it's all about being proactive, chances are if you have to be reactive even once in the fight you're going to lose.

I would recommend if you're having issues with the felhunters though, to get some more gear. While yes it's entirely doable below my ilvl, the less you have to rely on rng for good crits to timely eliminate them. As someone else said, you can get past the second wave of felhunters, you can win. It's all a matter of experiencing the final phase with 2 doom guards a couple times and then developing your own personal strategy for how to cope with them. I personally just put them both on my pit lord and keep using my portal to reset aggro on them, when my pit lord got low I'd heal it, since it's percentage based, he heals up quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    Did they already increase the drop rate? I've had 2 Tomes drop for me in the same day.
    I've sold a couple already for a nice profit, so they must have increased the droprate... sadly im still unable to kill kanrethad...

The bolded part is the worst thing you can do fighting this boss. Standing still doing nothing is a better strategy lol. But I know how you feel.

Which wave of puppies get you? And if they are the ones killing you not the CB then I suggest you use every CD on them, both offensive and defensive. Also, it's usually a good idea to use your gate as soon as he starts summoning them which will make the boss ignore you and go to the Pit Lord which would make him cast the CB on it. If for some reason he started casting the CB on you, then I suggest you "tank" the puppies near a LoS where you can run in while tanking them to avoid being blown up by his CB.

He uses CB a few seconds after each summon, so to avoid being targeted by them I suggest using your gate after each summon (Wish the exception of the puppy summon, during that use it a second before he starts). That way you should be able to avoid every single CB.

It's a BRUTAL fight, but the feeling you get after beating him is amazing! So good luck and don't give up, don't panic and take a break every now and then.

Good Luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sad days

On the upside, this quest will still be there when you have decent connection again, so when you do you'll be able to get green fire at last. yay!
    Thank goodness for that @_@ ...

My boyfriend texted me this from work because I was ranting a bit, and so I share it with all my frustrated comrades!

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Thank goodness for that @_@ ...

My boyfriend texted me this from work because I was ranting a bit, and so I share it with all my frustrated comrades!

Now that is just too adorable! Your BF gets +1 internet for the pics

Deleted
    Got the purification potions to work pretty much everytime I try one, which is good....

Now the sad part is that I get overwhelmed and mess up when there are 2 doomlords and the imps .... Frusterating fight, will be nice when its done .... Will try more after the Easter weekend :P

Deleted
    Did it yesterday with ilvl 480

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbunnie View Post
    Got the purification potions to work pretty much everytime I try one, which is good....

Now the sad part is that I get overwhelmed and mess up when there are 2 doomlords and the imps .... Frusterating fight, will be nice when its done .... Will try more after the Easter weekend :P
    You should just let the pit lord tank the doom guards, he should be able to handle it easily

Deleted
    Just got my tome from 6th rare i have killed since dinging. Gotta make haste and gear up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by el11t View Post
    Just got my tome from 6th rare i have killed since dinging. Gotta make haste and gear up fast.
    Lucky little punk. lol I spent 30k to buy mine because it refused to drop even after killing dozens of rares. QQ

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to write down everything i found useful fot the fight (bad english, i'm not native, you'll get it anyway). You can manage to get the kill without some of this looooong wot i wrote down, it's up to you.

First some initial tips that will make the fight more relaxing and funny:
    - the fight is really unforgiving, it requires you to master and use all your abilities
    - prepare for the fight. Don't attempt it without flasks, potions and with a good ilvl. You can, and will, manage to down the boss without any help but they will make it much easier
    - macro the abilities you'll use and bind them
    - approach every phase as a seperated one. Once you'll get through a imp, hound and doom phase you'll see the light at the end of tunnel
    - keep trying. Don't quit. Take a deep breath, a coffe, hug your boy/girlfriend if you have one and if don't go outside and hug the first person you meet. The order is random. Keep trying (i've played this class for almost 8 years and the fight tooked me 30 attempts)

Before the fight
    1 Prepare your spec
    I picked up destro but regardless the spec you choose these talents are mandatory:
    - Soul Leech (will shield you for the whole fight)
    - Sacrifical Pact (for pit lord shield)
    - GrimOfSacrifice (you'll not use any pet)
    - Kil'jaeden's Cunning (since the fight involves a lot of movement)
    Very useful talents/glyphs:
    - Shadowfury (to stun imps and hounds)
    - Unbound Will (to remove the seed if you can't use your pit lord's breath)
    - Ensalve demon (to reduce the time needed to enlsave the pit lord)
    - Fear (to deal with the hounds)

2 Macros and Interface
    Prepare the macros for the pit lord's abilities and bind them. You can find them in every guide/video on the internet.
    - Target you Breath macro. Bind it to a handy key since you'll use it a lot
    - Heal macro (pit lord's heal + Ember tap). Use this for the "oh shit" situations. In the end you can down the boss without using it once but is very useful for the learning phase
    - Charge. You can just target the boss and click the stun ability but hey, macro are there to help you out.
    - Enslave. See above
    - Target imp + fel breath. I've never used this in my kill try but i don't find a reason to not to have it.
    - Focus Frame the boss. Focus cast bar visible. Focus's target frame too. You must know if he's casting a caos bolt at you. And it's very useful to target him again when you are done with imps and hounds
    - Bind all your classic abilities (Unbond will, Soulshatter, HS, Fear, Banish) if you didn't and be sure to know where to find them. You'll not have the time to look for them on your keyboard or screen through the fight
    - know your debuffs. You must be aware of the seed of terrible destruction running out to dispel it. Believe me, you don't wont the annoying imp to interrupt your caos bolt during the second hounds phase and wipe you with the boss at 15%. I killed a lovely tiger puppy for that.

3 Environment
    - Place your demonic gateway down, you'll use it a lot. I found the best position is inside the center room circle, one just in front of the big gateway and the other on the other side.
    - Look to the pillars behind the gateway. You'll use one of them to get los for you or your pit lord.

The fight
    Here we are. Again, think about this boss as a 3 phase fight. Learn how to deal with the first and move to the next one. Once you can manage to go thorugh all 3 of them you are done.

1 General
    - Keep using your gateway to get aggro reduction. If used properly the boss will not cast a single caos bolt at you, the number of debuff to remove will be much lower and he will cast the wipe-you-curse late in the fight (on the down try he cast it on me just before the first imp phase)
    - Place yourself behind the boss (you sould be in the center of the room) and spam fel-breath. Don't forget to use it at every cd to maximize your dps.
    - Use stun at cd when you are comfortable with cataclysm cd. If the boss just casted cata you can use the stun at cd to maximize your dps. This is specially useful for lower ilvl but it's a good tip for everyone. On my first good attempt i managed to bring him to 20% before the curse expired. On the kill attempt i had 1.30 left when i killed him.
    - If you see the boss casting a cb at you (focus frame, remember?) use the "oh shit" heal and sacrifical pact. You will survive! (as stated by gloria gaynor). But if you used the gateway properly you ain't gonna need this
    - remember to use soulshatter
    - remember to dismiss and enslave the pit lord (if you don't, you'll cry. And you will kill some lovely dodo puppy too)

2 Pull
    - You have a good dps window. Pop all your dps cd and burn the shit of out him (CoE + Potion + CFx2 + Incineratex4 + CB + CB ...). In 505 ilvl (destro) the boss was at 87% when he finished to summon the pit lord. Enslave the pit lord and start using it's abilities.

3 Imp Phase
    There are different strategies to deal with this one. I'll write the one worked best for me.
    - Lay down 3 rain of fire at the portal
    - Use the gateway
    - Imps will move torwards you
    - FB-Conf + FB incinerate spam + Raind of fire + Shadowfury
    - Fel breath as needed
    It will take 6-7 seconds to bring all of them down. Is really important you find the best way to kill the imps very fast cause you'll have more time to dps the boss and prepare for the hounds phase.

4 Felhunter Phase
    A lot of people are struggling with this one. The key is to kill the imps fast and be ready for it.
    - Place your pit lord behind a pillar and move yourself to the opposite side of the room. This is done to avoid the felhunter devour magic that will cancel your enslave demon. You can leave the pit lord to deal with the boss and move yourself behind the pillar but you'll have less space to deal with the hounds. Anyway it's up to you, both work well
    - Soulshatter
    - Drop a ROF on the portal
    - Pop dps CD. CB+Conf+SB the first hound.
    - Fear+havoc the second
    - CB the third + shadowfury
    - finish them
    if done right the 3 poor puppies will not have the time to see how beatiful this world is. Literally.
    I think this is the best moment to dismiss and enslave the pit lord again since you have to deal with the boss only.

5 Doom Phase
    Easiest. Make the pit lord attack it for few second than put him on the boss again. If don't attack the doom by mistake it will focus on the pit lord the whole fight

6 The circle of life
    The fight is over. You have to deal with phase 3-4-5 again and again, just DON'T PANIC. If you made it through once, you can make it twice and it will be all over.

Good luck.

Deleted
    So did this again for a guy who struggled and couldn't get out of felhunters phase.
    when i realised that boss was 4% and Pit Lord enslave expired i was getting loooooooow , but guess who survived
    Just made another lock happy