Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 77 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Ok so my problem is , at the first fell hunter phase , WHERE TO PUT MY DEMONLORD THINGY? For real he keeps getting dispelled...everytime! I put him in the back near the stairs..wrong spot ?
    Hey Henk, harder then it seems huh?

Anyways, you have two niches (left and right of the demon portal)

Make sure you put the pitlord on passive and guide him there right after the cataclysm, right after soulshatter so Kan will move to your pitlord. When the felhunters come out of the portal ROF them, pop cd's conflagrate the first, then bane, then chaosbolt the second followed by a rof, two felflames and a couple of shadowburns... Whatever happens make sure you finish your cast of chaosbolt on the third felhunter. Then the fight continues....
    Read the signature rules

Finally got it this morning, had so many sub 10% wipes it isnt funny... So far the first fight in a while that really got my heart pumping for that sub 20% phase

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Ok so my problem is , at the first fell hunter phase , WHERE TO PUT MY DEMONLORD THINGY? For real he keeps getting dispelled...everytime! I put him in the back near the stairs..wrong spot ?
    Kite him to Vael's room...

In all seriousness I think that the best choice is to the right of the portal. Park him there with /petmoveto or Control-3, then Soul Shatter so that Kanrethad will keep DPSing him in the corner. Kite the felpups slightly to the left of the portal so that they never end up facing the Pit Lord. Some people use RoF but I always ended up using a Shadowfury to stun the dogs first, then DPS them. In retrospect it might've been better to pre-cast RoF so that it starts ticking AND do a SF as soon as the first felhunter pops up to ensure that they never face your Pit Lord.

I did as Demo and used Touch Of Chaos instant spam to ensure I got the pups all tagged and facing me before they could dispel. If going destro, I would lay a RoF down before they spawn and tag with instant Fel Flames. Once the 3rd spawns, havoc CB two and nuke the 3rd. Outside of positioning your pet to the one side of portal so they never face him, quick tagging so they face the right way was the most important thing for me and how fast I killed them did not matter after that.

I still don't get the whole charge>stun>breath strat... it just opens the door for dispel....

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't manually move him at all. There seemed to be a hard limit on how far away I could give the "move to" command -- anything more than about 20 yards, I got the dreaded red X. (I don't normally have this issue, so, if you can figure out what the hell that was, kindly tell me)

Like I said earlier, I found it far more controlled to burn 1, then charge/bane/burn 2&3.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Got 476 boots from Sha of Anger and 496 chest from Galleon. That speeds up thing loads.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Look you don't need half the shit you mentioned because their are work around.

Mandatory talents (demonic sacrifice).
    You can use demonic gate/portal to line of sight this
    You're right, I meant to say "Grimoire of Sacrifice". I was thinking of the old name, it was late and I was worn out from messing with the encounter. But what you're thinking of is Sacrificial Pact. I did, in fact, LOS all of the Chaos Bolts.

-Buff stacking (dispel protection).
    Not sure what your talking about
    Only way I was able to beat the encounter was with an added useless buff (Unending Breath). If you think about how that probability works, adding one useless buff reduces the probability of losing Enslave Demon dramatically. If you can control the # of Felhunters able to act (i.e. keep it down to 1), this can increase your probability of keeping control from e.g. 1/2 to 2/3. That's huge.

Pot is only needed if you lack the dps
    Which is *exactly* how obscure consumables worked in Vanilla...("Hakkar's heart next, then AQ")

-RNG dependence (felhunter dispel, and demonic gateway is buggy)
    Nothing rng about the felhunter dispel and had no issue with gateway. granted gateway debuff doesn't work if the boss already targets you and your slow on porting
    Unless there's some hidden mechanic that I'm completely unaware of, the buff that each felhunter eats is random. No?

Problem is, lose control of the Pit Lord to the first felhunter, and you're pretty much wiping -- you have to play games with burning down 3 felhunters while it's beating on you, which means blowing your stun early and/or rebuff spamming. That's a terrible design. Marching the Pit Lord out of LOS simply wasn't possible for me (I got weird errors with "move to", reloading didn't fix it). So it's either RNG or error-prone, and I don't like that an encounter has either problem.

As to the second comment: Demonic Gateway's unreliability is a widely reported bug, and is even mentioned by other Warlocks in this thread.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

here are some tips that I can give out after doing it this morning:

1: Macro /petmoveto if you have issues with the pet bar, does the same thing and gave me no trouble.
    2: Move the pitlord to the right side when ebonlocke goes to summon the puppies. Move opposite him (towards the niche to the left) and lay down 1 rof to start. Once the first pup spawns, drop another and then blow up the pups
    3: DONT PANIC. Make sure you are using your gateway on cooldown (even drop your portal ontop of one of the portals and use it to portal every other time)
    4: Keep at it. I was able to complete this with ilvl 475 after the second "all imp" summon. Using shadow burn on cooldown and making sure I kept portaling made it a breeze.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask.

The felhunters dispelling enslave demon isn't completely random. They will dispel it nearly instantly if he's in their LoS. Moving the pitlord isn't impossible for 90% of people, you need to figure out how and when you are going to do it. It's not RNG, it's misplay.

I got mine today, after about 20 attempts at ilvl482. And I'll defend this encounter, while I think it's very difficult, it's extremely satisfying to finally pull off. I DID get frustrated early on when I couldn't seem to make progress. As I moved on I found that I WAS making progress, and phases were getting easier for me to pull off, culminating in a kill. It's about taking it apart piece by piece, and putting it back together again.

If you're having trouble, figure out why, dissect that and fix it. That's the ESSENCE of being a good player. Figure out your problems and fix them. Taking too many DoTs/soul fires/eating chaos bolts? You're letting gateway fall off. Imps giving you trouble? RoF/F&B Immolate WITH the siphon life glyph, hit your pitlord breath and shadowfury them, use sacrifical pact.

The trickiest part of the encounter without a doubt is the felhounds, but they ARE managable, even with subpar gear. When you do this enough you'll start to get a feel for when Kanrethad is going to summon them. Move your pitlord BEFOREhand. RoF the gate and make absolutely sure the felhounds are facing away from your pitlord. Havoc one, demonsoul/trinket/pot whatever and blow them up. You don't need to charge them, though it will help you at low gear levels, just be careful with it. Sacrificial pact and shadowfury here too. A macro for pitlord charging Kanrethad if he starts a chaos bolt is useful, incase you are slow in killing them. It's very important that you ALSO soulshatter while he's summoning them, if you do not he will start beating your ass, you will die and be sad.

As for the doomlords, they're the easiest part of the encounter, in my opinion. Have your pitlord smack them, breath them, back to Kanrethad. You're done, that's all you have to do with them. When he's summoning them, it's an excellent time to dismiss your pitlord and enslave him again.

1. GATEWAY GATEWAY GATEWAY. I cannot stress how important it is to use your gateway as much as possible.
    2. GrimSac singe magic is EXCELLENT.
    3. Unbound Will for getting out of shit singe magic didn't grab, as well as the pitlord breath.
    4. If you're going to eat a chaos bolt, sacrificial pact and twilight ward, you'll survive it. But as I said before, gateway. If you gateway correctly, you will NEVER eat a chaos bolt.
    5. A /petpassive /petattack macro bound somewhere you can easily press it. Very good for doomlords and getting your pitlord back to kanrethad after felhounds and re-enslaving it.
    6. A tip for actually damaging Kanrethad, is to precast Chaos Bolt while he's channeling cataclysm, charge it before your chaos bolt finishes, and then lay some more into him. Use breath and all that while you're doing it. Don't use charge all the time, if it's down when he uses cataclysm, you are done.
    7. The important part is SURVIVING the encounter, not trying to push your damage. Figure out how to survive before you try to push damage into him. Once you get the flow of the fight, the damage will come.
    8. Of course, the purification pot. Use it when you're one or two minutes remaining on your doom debuff, and you'll have another 7 minutes to kill him. It's not a factor for people with good gear, but it's also nice to play it safe.
    9. Save your cooldowns for the felhound phase, it's not worth using them for extra damage on Kanrethad.
    10. REMEMBER TO RE-ENSLAVE. I stupidly wiped to forgetting this 3-4 times.

Once you get all the phases down it's just a matter of getting them all right at the same time. After the second doomlord, Kanrethad will endlessly spawn imps. Around this time you'll be 30-20%, and ready to shadowburn spam him. It's important to stay calm, the hardest part is over, but you can and will die if you slip up.

The fight is extremely chaotic to a newcomer to the encounter and can seem pretty insurmountable, but just take it piece by piece and get your fucking green fire.

I am at a loss of words for this fight in the pave gear that I have which ranges from 484 to 522 I am at 14.50% hit I flask I put my pit lord where you are suppose to put him I do everything I can think of right and every time the fel hunters dispel my enslave demon on the pit lord and then its game over. I have spent hours on this and cannot complete it. Blizzard has ruined the whole experience for me. I am throwing in the towel. I will just pay someone to do this for me I have spent over 4k gold on repairs and I am just fed up and disgusted with the entire scenario. /end rant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DjNakaa View Post
    I am at a loss of words for this fight in the pave gear that I have which ranges from 484 to 522 I am at 14.50% hit I flask I put my pit lord where you are suppose to put him I do everything I can think of right and every time the fel hunters dispel my enslave demon on the pit lord and then its game over. I have spent hours on this and cannot complete it. Blizzard has ruined the whole experience for me. I am throwing in the towel. I will just pay someone to do this for me I have spent over 4k gold on repairs and I am just fed up and disgusted with the entire scenario. /end rant
    Feel the same way.

I will try again though when I have better gear.

Killed him today, 489 item level. I died something like 20 times on the first Felpuppy phase, but once I got that down it only took about three more tries. I wiped once at 12% because the Imps spawning over and over got a little out of hand.

where are you sending the lord and where do you stand? they are twitchy with their los and a misstep can screw you

Deleted
    Have had this quest for over a month and still cant complete it. Its by far the dumbest thing ever implemented into this game. I really wish they would just nerf this garbage instance already. It should not be this hard to get green fire.
    Yeah, people who, for example, constantly fail at Durumu's maze are saying the same thing about it, too.
    Mean Blizzard, implementing something that can't be done brain afk. How dare they.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I've never actually noticed.... but should felpuppies be facing their target for devouring magic? Can't you simply position the pitlord behind the gate, so they would spawn with their backs turned to him? I tried moving pit lord far away behind the column, trying to break the LoS, but that didn't help. Then I thought I couldn't be bothered to do that every time, and started sending him in another direction, and not really far away. And he stopped being dispelled.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    Hey Henk, harder then it seems huh?

Anyways, you have two niches (left and right of the demon portal)

Make sure you put the pitlord on passive and guide him there right after the cataclysm, right after soulshatter so Kan will move to your pitlord. When the felhunters come out of the portal ROF them, pop cd's conflagrate the first, then bane, then chaosbolt the second followed by a rof, two felflames and a couple of shadowburns... Whatever happens make sure you finish your cast of chaosbolt on the third felhunter. Then the fight continues....

Hmm i tried puting it in the back near the stairs, i made it and i kinda stood shocked and failed at the fellhunters:P thanks

Okay I drew a picture, might be a little easier to grasp... there is no need to move your pitlord all the way to the stairs...

This should be esay enough to grasp right?
    Read the signature rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I drew a picture, might be a little easier to grasp... there is no need to move your pitlord all the way to the stairs...

This should be esay enough to grasp right?
    There's no need to move the pitlord at all. Just soul shatter before the dogs come out, drop a ROF on the boss portal to get aggro on them, and keep them faced away from your pitlord. Slowly kite them into where I placed the green gate b in this picture. If you have trouble with the second pack of dogs doing this, it's because your enslave demon wore off naturally, dismiss and re-enslave when he summons the first doomguard, you will take no damage and have no other mechanics to deal with.

Note, put your demon on passive and have him attack the boss manually so he doesn't assist you with the felpups

dictated but not read.

Well it's good to see there are multiple options; you have complete different placements of your portal and gateways, plus you approach the felhunter phase differently. There are a multiple roads to Rome/green fire (or something ;P). I think in the end it comes down to your playstyle and the amount of risk you are taking.

I think in your situation you are still vulnerable to Kanrethad throwing some dots on you (plus the possibility of a CB cast on your ass if your not fast enough). In mine Kanrethad is actually out of los, making it a whole lot easier to dps the felhunters down at your own leisure.

Ofcourse this does involve soulshatter when you move your pitlord.
    Read the signature rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's good to see there are multiple options; you have complete different placements of your portal and gateways, plus you approach the felhunter phase differently. There are a multiple roads to Rome/green fire (or something ;P). I think in the end it comes down to your playstyle and the amount of risk you are taking.

I think in your situation you are still vulnerable to Kanrethad throwing some dots on you (plus the possibility of a CB cast on your ass if your not fast enough). In mine Kanrethad is actually out of los, making it a whole lot easier to dps the felhunters down at your own leisure.

Ofcourse this does involve soulshatter when you move your pitlord.
    You have plenty of time to get in the cubby before a CB, just move as soon as the third dog gets to you. Sometimes, since you shattered, he will start casting CB but not actually finish it, which is cool if you get too focused on the dogs. The dots should be no problem if you remove one with your singe magic(you are sacrificing the imp right) every time you can, you can even get the extra talent if you are that worried about it(I didn't need it). Remember the dots are only bad if the timers end(or if agony goes on more than 10 seconds).

I just noticed, for me, I had a lot of trouble moving my pitlord into an area that was out of line of sight in time(it seemed to move slow or i would do it late, etc) so I came up with this to compensate. It turned the felhunters into the easiest phase for me, but as you said, it all comes down to playstyle. I tried something similar to your setup a few times, and failed miserably, this setup required alot less, on-the-fly thinking and reaction time.
    dictated but not read.