Page 85 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Whats a good xmog set with green fire?

T5 looks dumb with it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADzed/advanced

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Same here, after 100 rare elite kills (even solo) no book ever dropped, I kid you not. So I bought mine on AH for 9000 gold.

For those having trouble with enrage, don't forget to bring purification pots. Use it when there's 2 minutes remaining on the doom timer, which is roughly just after 2nd felhunter phase. Clear your debuffs with breath or singe magic etc, then chug the pot. This will give you an additional 7 minutes to kill him, plenty of time to relax and kill him at leisure.
    I had no idea you could sell it. I got my first book after kill 5, then got a 2nd book and combined a HS with it just to have...I wish I would have paid attention before I did that!

T5 looks dumb with it.
    I went 8/8 T2 (yes even the pants that you cannot see) with Terokk's Shadowstaff.

All of the "Mage" pieces from SWP, with Glyph of Verdant Spheres.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I like the T14 robe and the big hat.

Deleted
    Is there any way to complete this fight with no Purification Potion?
    i'm getting far enough into the fight to get killed by the Ultimate Doom thing reliably now, but since I'm on a low pop realm I can't find any Purification Potions on the AH nor any ingredients to make one.
    I'd like to get the green fire, but I can't find any guides that don't involve that potion.

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    Is there any way to complete this fight with no Purification Potion?
    i'm getting far enough into the fight to get killed by the Ultimate Doom thing reliably now, but since I'm on a low pop realm I can't find any Purification Potions on the AH nor any ingredients to make one.
    I'd like to get the green fire, but I can't find any guides that don't involve that potion.
    I am afraid the only way around that is getting better gear for higher DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirako View Post
    I am afraid the only way around that is getting better gear for higher DPS.
    I was worried about that, guess I'll have to get those potions some other way. Thanks anyway.

Did they buff book drops.

No seriously I have had 8 Now.
    3 In a row its actually becoming annoying because on realm no one buys them.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Did they buff book drops.

No seriously I have had 8 Now.
    3 In a row its actually becoming annoying because on realm no one buys them.
    Thought they weren't buffing it until 5.3
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Did it earlier today, item lvl 501, no set bonus for T14 or T15. Done as destro with flask and food, as well as purification potion (was 1-2 behind Doom timer). In total ~15 wipes, 2-3 hours.

Some observations:

1. Put Demonic Gateway next to the large gate and use it every time you can. Initial gate + Fel Breath from Pit Lord will not be enough to maintain constant aggro, I died a few times because I forgot to drop aggro using the gate, at some point you will get hit from the Chaos Bolt.

2. Imps - shouldn't be much trouble - Rain of Fire, Shadowfury, make Pit Lord use Fel Flame Breath on them.

3. Felhunters - the moment you finish Cataclysm send the Pit Lord to the corner, behind the large gate. Use PvP ability to drop all debufs, DROP AGGRO USING SOULSHATTER. If you do not (Demonic Gateway is not enough!) the boss will focus on you, and you risk being hit with Chaos Bold. Sure, you could absorb it using Sacrificial Pack + Ward, but why? Make your life easier, drop aggro using Soulshatter, the boss will happily fire at Pit Lord.

4. Doom Lords - dismiss and enslave your demon again. WARNING! When you dismiss the Pit Lord all aggro is reset on both the boss, as well as both Pit Lords. If you are doing the second re-enslave when the boss is summoning the second Doom Lord - banish the first one to make it more manageable.

5. Don't forget the damn Purification Potion! It won't use itself.

6. Fel Breath of you as much as possible, the damage is trivial. Just learn to spam that button once every few seconds.

Other than that this fight is simply a matter of wiping enough, and in the process learning the pattern. Debuffs gone? Aggro dropped? Gateway debuff is up? Havoc + Dark Soul on Felhunters ready? You will wipe a few times, but once you get the hang of it the kill is easy. You will drop him with zero difficulty the moment you make zero mistakes.

Deleted
    I know for a fact that if you use Flames of Xoroth on pit lord, it just dissappears.

I wonder if it has the same effect if you enslave a Doomlord....

Would be a very easy way to rid yourself of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I know for a fact that if you use Flames of Xoroth on pit lord, it just dissappears.

I wonder if it has the same effect if you enslave a Doomlord....

Would be a very easy way to rid yourself of them.
    Just tried this, you can't enslave the Doom Lord.

Deleted
    Just tried this, you can't enslave the Doom Lord.
    Ah damn.

Oh well it was an idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the most annoying thing is that stun that comes from the seed of corruption tick. After spending hours trying to get down the felhound part and successfully getting the boss to >20% that damn stun gets me killed. I raged quit after the third time it happened had the boss at around 8% and with so much crap to keep track off I forgot about the stupid stun and got swarmed by the imps.

The fight isn't impossible but its pretty damn unreasonable considering how hard it is to get the item in the first place and in the end all you get is green fire. It be nice If i got 1k gold for my troubles since I spent like 1.5k so far on repairs....

T5 looks dumb with it.
    I've been rockin this: (click for full res)

I have a different staff now, though. Using the dinomancer staff from ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally killed this boss, took me about 20+ attempts till I perfected the fight. It really comes down to luck after you master the mechanics. I was kinda pissed off though after I killed him the two doomguards that he spawn didn't de-spawn and made it damn difficult to complete the quest since they grab aggro as soon as you res.

I'm currently wearing the MC lock set with green fire as destro. Looks awesome imo.

Deleted
    I was worried about that, guess I'll have to get those potions some other way. Thanks anyway.
    What's your iLvl?
    I've done it with an item level of about 489 and without those potions - it was close, but I didn't time the charges perfectly, so some chaos bolts didn't even benefit from the dmg bonus.

Yeah I spoke too soon. I won't be getting green fire. That boss is too beast, I give up.
    Don't give in, keep throwing yourself at it. Persistance is key.