Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I phrase my opinions exactly as I intend to, thanks. I may quit, never know. Enjoyment is the goal here, after all.
    Moving on to other sections of the game can be fun, though. It has been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    I phrase my opinions exactly as I intend to, thanks.
    That's fine, but if that's the case, don't be surprised when people call you out on your bs.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    Not worth it. Fight helped me decide to switch classes. Having more fun. Win!
    Having more fun is indeed what counts in a game, however I can say that while I may have been frustrated to no end while working on this encounter, the feeling you get when you finally topple him is one of the best you will ever experience in WoW. I truly urge you to keep at it and down him before he is nerfed (either by simply outgearing or mechanics).

That's fine, but if that's the case, don't be surprised when people call you out on your bs.
    I assure you, I am being genuine in this. Anyway, too much time spent in here already
    and on an increasingly divergent path from the OP. Good luck to you if you continue the
    fight.

As someone who racked up around 2-3k in repairs bills doing this fight, my only advice is to stick with it, but if your getting frustrated take a break that day, do something else and come back to it.

I did it with around 483 ilevel, and spent a lot of time doing and perfecting my reactions to the fight and checking up on various threads to make sure I wasn't missing anything (it was only after many deaths that I realised where that damned imp and his stunning and void zones was coming from as that caused me many wipes).

The main strat's mentioned here about using Gatway as soon as it's available to keep threat dropped worked for me, rarely in my attempts did I have a chaos bolt on me and towards the last few tries don't think I had a single one. My main trouble was always making sure the Pit Lord was hidden away during Fel Pup stages and making sure they aggro'd on me and I got them down quick enough to be able to deal with the next phase, and the panic moment after 2nd fel pup when you realise enslave has run out and Pit Lord is running at you while you still have a pup or two alive.

PS. Don't do this after an op, you think the repair bills and frustration from the fight are bad, try popping 2 stitches because you've tensed up so much when you finally succeed and having to dash up A&E after you got green fire, not the best way to celebrate victory!

PPS. The glyph that allows gateway use without clicking is a god-send on this fight, found clicking quite often failed and the glyph gets rid of all that issue so you can make sure you get most use of the gateway.
    Last edited by Morthos; 2013-04-28 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Finally got mine!

It's very hard and it's frustrating but damn you feel proud when you get it!

Kanrethad is INTENSE

I've just had my fourth sub-10% wipe on Kanrethad, and each time I've noticed that my heart was pounding dangerously strongly, making me uncomfortable with trying again for at least 30 minutes.

Anyone else feeling that intense while doing it?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say that I experienced that. My excitement peaked around the first time I got him to ~20% / where victory looked to be within grasp. Beyond that it just became inevitable.

In all seriousness if you're getting that worked up you should probably try some relaxation exercises in between attempts. Some square breathing or something similar.

It sucks that I outgeared it so much, at 515+ it's pretty much a cake walk once you have the tactics down. Still an awesome fight tho! Just relax, don't take it too serious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    It sucks that I outgeared it so much, at 515+ it's pretty much a cake walk once you have the tactics down. Still an awesome fight tho! Just relax, don't take it too serious
    You can always go back and do it again without some gear. I found it very satisfying at ilevel ~490. Personally I'm looking forward to going in there at ~530 just to make sure he remembers what's what, lol.

Yea it was a pretty intense fight, once you start reaching around 10% and you can see light at the end of the tunnel it's hard to calm your heart rate down. I only wish more had gone into the quest-line/scenario leading up to the fight; an extremely intense and epic conclusion a not so epic quest-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    You can always go back and do it again without some gear. I found it very satisfying at ilevel ~490. Personally I'm looking forward to going in there at ~530 just to make sure he remembers what's what, lol.
    I'm doing it in 480 average ilvl PvP gear, so it's pretty hard :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Yea it was a pretty intense fight, once you start reaching around 10% and you can see light at the end of the tunnel it's hard to calm your heart rate down. I only wish more had gone into the quest-line/scenario leading up to the fight; an extremely intense and epic conclusion a not so epic quest-line.
    I had the same thought. I originally started this questline purely for the lore of it and it hasn't been living up to my expectations so far. Hopefully the conclusion is epic I haven't seen it, so no spoilers!).
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I was 491 and it was still pretty tough. I'm sure I was upward of 50 attempts. Ill admit I didn't research nearly enough so I think I made it alot harder on myself:

-didn't know the Pit Lords breath removed debuffs.
    -didn't know his heal also healed me
    -didn't know his charge made the boss take 100% more damage
    -never attempted to LOS the pit lord, I would rain of fire the portal and teleport away so that the Enslave was never dispelled

These things would have made things much easier. The fight is very intense, definitely gets your blood flowing. Best solo experience in Wow, easily. They did an awesome job and I hope to see more things like this for other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Well, it's been done at pretty low ilevels - at least ~476 I believe, which is the brilliant thing about it. It's about execution more than gear so hang in there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goremaw View Post
    ....They did an awesome job and I hope to see more things like this for other classes.
    This. I hope very much that they are using this as a sort of litmus test to perhaps introduce other solo class scenarios. I thought maybe there was a blue post that alluded to that, but I can't seem to find it.

I had the same thought. I originally started this questline purely for the lore of it and it hasn't been living up to my expectations so far. Hopefully the conclusion is epic I haven't seen it, so no spoilers!).
    You can do it in lower ilvl, your strategy is what matters. I so wanted to make an youtube guide for it but I don't know, I couldn't make it as clear as I wanted no matter how much effort I put into it.
    If you are getting it so low, you will get down eventually. You might already know this from a guide or something (I'd be amazed if no one did it by now) but the way to kill it is maximizing the pet stuns on it. Be close to it when when you stun it and start casting Chaos Bolt BEFORE the stun, stunning him when CB is like 75% cast!
    Basically: Pitlord spawns, mortal coil it, enslave (with enslave glyph because LOL SPEED) instant stun, stun when he's summoning imps(or on CD), stun on CD after every Cataclysm but be sure you don't stun him BETWEEN A SUMMON and a CATACLYSM. If you stun him when he's ~90% done with summoning, you will have the CD for next Cataclysm.

I did it in 522 ilvl gear on live to steam roll it but I had 16 hours of FRAPS'ed footage on him and did it as low as 463 ilvl. I guess I did my share of it on PTR.

I literally just did it.

I thought my heart was going to give in and I'm shacking a stupid amount, it's so bad I can barely type.

EDIT: BUT THE FIRE IS SO PRETTY!
    Last edited by Shahad; 2013-04-28 at 06:07 PM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Ah cant really say, only to support and claim that i feel you bro, did it on the first days of 5.2 as 480 pvp ( there wernt any good strats back then) and after sub 10% wipes i didnt knew what to do with myself i kept walking around the house for around 5min just to calm myself.

though when he died my neighbers called the police on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shacking a stupid amount, it's so bad I can barely type.
    I was too lol.

Congratulations. I really hope they do this solo scenario stuff with other classes. We got a little taste of it with the rogue dagger quests in DS which were a blast as well. Hope they keep em coming.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

That bloody book doesnt exist! How mAny more rares .......

Thank you Serendia!

took me 170 kills, but it was worth it!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud