View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    204 71.58%
  • No

    81 28.42%
Page 92 of 119 FirstFirst ...
42
82
90
91
92
93
94
102
... LastLast
  1. #1821
    i only let the pit lord hit the doom lord once then immediately use demonic gateway as i make the pitlord go back on kanrethad. used it every time i saw the doom lord[s] target me to drop threat. i think the aggro of the doom lords is tied to kanrethad himself, and the pit lord seems to lose threat pretty quickly if i didn't use soul shatter and demonic gateway as much as possible. my memory is kinda fuzzy but i sort of remember doom lords never attacking me during the time where kanrethad is about to cast chaos bolt but ends up not doing it since the pit lord has sufficient threat, but during the time when he actually does start casting chaos bolt, i use teleport then run up to my demonic gateway to wipe threat, causing the doom lords to go back to the pit lord after they finish casting their shadowbolts me [edit: as an example of threat mechanics of the fight. sometimes i'd gain too much aggro at various points but a simple gateway jaunt would fix it]. for the felhunters, i put the pit lord deep into the cubby as it seems like the pitlord has a hitbox that's just large enough so that the felhunter can see it and eat the enslave if it's not deep enough inside. never had trouble with felhunters after that [also there's only 2 felhunter phases].
    Last edited by dremnit; 2013-05-03 at 01:17 AM.

  2. #1822
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    More dots, more dots, more dots!

    ...Okay, stop dots.

    I wiped cause i fell down laughing when i first saw this.

  3. #1823
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    More dots, more dots, more dots!

    ...Okay, stop dots.

    I wiped cause i fell down laughing when i first saw this.
    I may or may not have wiped due to laughter when he said "If two imps are better than one imp, what's better than two imps ? SIXTY IMPS"

  4. #1824
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    So I haven't done this yet but have the added some sort of achievment for this?
    Yes. It's fire, and it's green...


  5. #1825
    Finally got it, dam killing him really is a rush lol

  6. #1826
    Got it back on April 20th.


    This video helped me TONS. Especially on the felhunter part.

  7. #1827
    I don't understand but why do people struggle with the felhunters? What tactic do they employ so that they die because of those puppys? They hit for shit and 2 of the 3 will almost dead (finish them of with Shadowburn) with a havoc + Chaos Bolt,

    Once I figured out where to place my Pit Lord correctly it was mostly not making mistakes like using gate before felhunter phase, using my shields for chaos bolt or not placing my pit lord correctly.

    Personally I found that the Imps where much harder to deal with because of their numbers, sure allot of them died within a few seconds but it was the most hectic phase of them all.

  8. #1828
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I don't understand but why do people struggle with the felhunters? What tactic do they employ so that they die because of those puppys? They hit for shit and 2 of the 3 will almost dead (finish them of with Shadowburn) with a havoc + Chaos Bolt,

    Once I figured out where to place my Pit Lord correctly it was mostly not making mistakes like using gate before felhunter phase, using my shields for chaos bolt or not placing my pit lord correctly.

    Personally I found that the Imps where much harder to deal with because of their numbers, sure allot of them died within a few seconds but it was the most hectic phase of them all.
    Sounds like you initially had the same problems with the pups that most people did ? So not sure why you're questioning.

  9. #1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Sounds like you initially had the same problems with the pups that most people did ? So not sure why you're questioning.
    My problems was more about knowing the fight themselves and getting used to it, I died mostly because I screwed up Chaos Bolt then failing the puppys. But once I learned the attack patterns of the boss the only thing that prevented me from finishing the boss was not making silly mistakes (like using charge when I needed it off cooldown)

    The thing is you sometimes see post talking about how hard the puppys hit or how they eat the pit lords enslave which makes you wonder about what kind of rng strategy they use.

  10. #1830
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    My problems was more about knowing the fight themselves and getting used to it ... But once I learned the attack patterns of the boss the only thing that prevented me from finishing the boss was not making silly mistakes (like using charge when I needed it off cooldown)
    I think what happens with most people is that this is what's really happening, but they're not sure what went wrong. A lot of damage goes out during the pup phase between the pups and Kanrethad's dots if you forget to clear them (easy to forget then -- most people say this is the hardest phase for them) and/or if the Pitlord gets un-enslaved. The pups being the most obvious variable, I think the damage gets attributed to them.

    And honestly for me, even when I knew exactly what to do with the pups, I could not always prevent them from eating my enslave. I don't know what accounts for it (well,I have ideas, but can't be sure), but trying the exact things other people used did not seem to work for me ... until it did.

    But, yeah, I think minor variations in personal timing/reaction can seem like rng on the encounter's part.

  11. #1831
    I wanted to bump this because I finally got my tome last night =D

    It took several very frustrating attempts of sub 20% before I finally was able to keep everything within my control. Removing my DoTs, constantly jumping through portals to avoid getting a Chaos Bolt to the face, proved more challenging in person than it sounds on paper. All in all though, once I picked up the tips about the purification potions and was able to focus on the mechanics instead of my dps it was much easier to deal with. Though I will admit having the Pit Lord tank both Doom Lords AND the Chaos Bolts was a bit nerve wracking towards the end as I was afraid he was going to die before Karenthred :X

  12. #1832
    High Overlord Lysakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    192
    I managed to get my fire yesterday morning as well.
    With my ilvl 512 i never needed the purification potion as my dps was high enough to get the kill on 2nd fel hunter phase.
    My biggest problem through the entire fight, was the fel hunter phase. I kept messing up the "parking" of the pit lord so he always got broken out of enslave.
    I had two attempts below 20% before i finally got him. When the Pit Lord got to his parking spot in time, a havoc+CB finished of two fel hunters (with RoF on them) and the last one died rather easy as well. Rest of the fight was just keep cool and pay attention.

    The last few seconds got very hectic for me since i killed him in the 2nd fel hunter phase, and well shit hit the fan at that point. Didnt park my Pit Lord, forgot to refresh the enslave so it broke by it self. Only reason i survived and killed him, was the fact that i managed to stock up almost 40 emberbits fro shadowburns buffed by DS and int pot.

    But truly and amazing fight overall - and having green fire is still "special" until people can just plain outgear the fight.

  13. #1833
    I just got a random whisper from another warlock asking me to do Kanrethad for him. He was serious, gave me his account info and everything.

    Anyone else had that happen? (I didn't do it by the way).
    Shahad , Kevkul , Shaithan
    <Magdalena's pet>

  14. #1834
    One of my guildies asked if I could do it for him, but I turned him down.

  15. #1835
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I just got a random whisper from another warlock asking me to do Kanrethad for him. He was serious, gave me his account info and everything.

    Anyone else had that happen? (I didn't do it by the way).
    I've had people ask me but I always refused (and never had a random stranger straight up give me their account info out of nowhere). To me, having someone do it for you is just harming yourself. I honestly feel like this fight made me MUCH more skilled with my Warlock, because I actually had to learn how my abilities synergize with each other and I had to actually use the tools in my kit in order to survive.

    One of my friends had asked me to do it for him, but I made him do it on his own. Later, after he'd beaten it, he thanked me for refusing.

  16. #1836
    I've done it for 2 other people now, but they were people I know. I did the Nexus quest for one of them back in Cata as well. *shrug*

  17. #1837
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I've done it for 2 other people now, but they were people I know. I did the Nexus quest for one of them back in Cata as well. *shrug*
    I haven't done it for anyone, but I could do it for a friend if he asked me to.
    Why people are afraid of this? Somehow against the rules in game..?

    But, honestly, i'd rather wipe on it and got stuck for months than having someone do it for me. And i trully believe every serious warlocks thinks this way.

  18. #1838
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I haven't done it for anyone, but I could do it for a friend if he asked me to.
    Why people are afraid of this? Somehow against the rules in game..?

    But, honestly, i'd rather wipe on it and got stuck for months than having someone do it for me. And i trully believe every serious warlocks thinks this way.
    It's against the terms of service to let someone else play your account. In theory someone could get suspended/banned

  19. #1839
    High Overlord Lysakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    192
    I've had people whisper me asking how i got it and stuff, but never been asked to do it for anyone.

    And i dont think i would do it for anyone else either. The best part about killing the boss isnt getting the green fire, but actually managing to kill the boss.
    Like mentioned above, learning and doing this fight forces one to use all the spells in a locks arsenal.
    And i feel i beacme alot better as a player and warlock after having to deal with the fight and struggeling.

    It is almost too bad that, in the future, its possible to plain outgear the fight. Would be thrilling to go back later in the expansion or even later and having it still be as hard to complete.

  20. #1840
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    It is almost too bad that, in the future, its possible to plain outgear the fight. Would be thrilling to go back later in the expansion or even later and having it still be as hard to complete.

    I'm hoping they'll do something like scaling you down to 530 or something in the future. Hoping, but doubtful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •