Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 93 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    In my opinion, in ilvl 530 you're already outgearing the fight. I think it was created with ilvl 500 in mind.

Oh, I fully agree. I did it in 510 the first time I did it and I felt I was out gearing the shit out of it. However, 530 would be a fair number for people who already think the fight is extremely hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    They should make us able to queue for the Scenario all the time, once it's cleared imo.
    You can go out to the door where you started it and do it again if you want to.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this has been said in any of the 90+ pages of the forum so sorry for the possible broken record. I wish they would add an effect to pets. Imps with green fire. Fel void walker. Etc. don't get me wrong. I feel green fire is its own reward. Just saying it would look great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    One of my guildies asked if I could do it for him, but I turned him down.
    Same, Well not the 'guildie' part. Some random Warlock on my realm asked me if i would do it for him for 10k. I turned him down of course but like giving your account information to random players made me lol abit ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Same, Well not the 'guildie' part. Some random Warlock on my realm asked me if i would do it for him for 10k. I turned him down of course but like giving your account information to random players made me lol abit ha ha ha
    Ive made at least 500k gold doing this quest for people.

25k if ilvl 485-490.
    20k if 490-500
    15k if 500-510
    10k if 510+.

Easy money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind a passing remark about it, but continued discussion about sharing accounts will eventually lead to someone stepping over the line of what we allow on this forum or what is wise to do in general (like asking someone on this forum to do the quest for them). I'd rather we change the subject and prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    You can go out to the door where you started it and do it again if you want to.
    Can you reset scenario not doing Ken? I just want to repeat the looting part :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Can you reset scenario not doing Ken? I just want to repeat the looting part :P.
    I think once that part's done, it's completely done for good
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I highly doubt they intend for you to farm the looting stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did it in 10 tries following this guide and watched the video once. The fight really just takes some time getting used to (kinda like some raid bosses with specific mechanics you aren't used to). I used 275 int food (Great Pandaren Banquet because they are so easy to come by), int flask and int pot. Actually the try I got him I was so tunnel visioned I didn't pop a second pot. Went in a destruction mastery stacked and I did not have to pop a dispel pot, I think I was 2-3 minutes left, I didn't really check it that much (Would've been funny if I only didn't get it because I did not pop that)

My itemlevel is 494, not amazingly good but it is enough to not even use a pot if you do it correctly.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illio/advanced
    Armory

(It feels amazing getting gold challenge mod and this done in the same day :')

Just gotten started on this last night. Made at about 20 attempts and pretty much hit a brick wall on the felhunters, like many. Aggro dumping seems to be another issue for me; I use the gate but still occasionally eat chaos bolts to the face. To me, this feels more of a pet and macro managing test (which I'm probably bad at) than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    Just gotten started on this last night. Made at about 20 attempts and pretty much hit a brick wall on the felhunters, like many. Aggro dumping seems to be another issue for me; I use the gate but still occasionally eat chaos bolts to the face. To me, this feels more of a pet and macro managing test (which I'm probably bad at) than anything else.
    With the purification potion it really is just a pet/macro managing test, but trying to get it without using that and it becomes a dps check aswell, lovely lovely fight. The felhunters took me some real good time to nail.

After the cataclysm where I stunned him ofc, I would breath myself if he started casting dots and then immidiatly after the breath send my pet out of line of sight, even before he had run to summon and then I step through the gate to throw off agro before they come.

Then I pop my darksoul (And herbalism buff), I stun the first with shadowfury in case my pit lord is not completely out of line of sight yet (He is kinda slow with that big bum) chaos bolt it, conflag/incinerate and shadowburn. Just repeat that with all 3 and you can send your pitlord in, make him dispel you and step through the gate.

A good tip is to when he is summoning the first doomguard, dismiss your pit lord and re enslave him, then his timer wont run out at 2nd set of felhunters :P (Oh damn was I annoyed) The summon for the doomlord is quite long so you have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    With the purification potion it really is just a pet/macro managing test, but trying to get it without using that and it becomes a dps check aswell, lovely lovely fight. The felhunters took me some real good time to nail.

After the cataclysm where I stunned him ofc, I would breath myself if he started casting dots and then immidiatly after the breath send my pet out of line of sight, even before he had run to summon and then I step through the gate to throw off agro before they come.

Then I pop my darksoul (And herbalism buff), I stun the first with shadowfury in case my pit lord is not completely out of line of sight yet (He is kinda slow with that big bum) chaos bolt it, conflag/incinerate and shadowburn. Just repeat that with all 3 and you can send your pitlord in, make him dispel you and step through the gate.

A good tip is to when he is summoning the first doomguard, dismiss your pit lord and re enslave him, then his timer wont run out at 2nd set of felhunters :P (Oh damn was I annoyed) The summon for the doomlord is quite long so you have plenty of time.
    My last five attempts I was able to reach the second set of felhunters but things start to unravel. Pretty much the only thing keeping me from completing this is the inability to kill the felhunters fast enough. I've seen vids where ppl one-shot them with havoc>chaos bolt but that won't happen with my gear (494ilvl). But I do think I can do better.

I did learn I was sending my pit lord to the corner too late before the felhunters were summoned and if they even get a glance of his big ass, they'll go wake him up. I've also saved my embers before the puppies were summoned for healing in case needed and it working so far.

Gonna give it another go tonight. Hopefully I can pull it off; the repair costs are starting to mount up. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    My last five attempts I was able to reach the second set of felhunters but things start to unravel. Pretty much the only thing keeping me from completing this is the inability to kill the felhunters fast enough. I've seen vids where ppl one-shot them with havoc>chaos bolt but that won't happen with my gear (494ilvl). But I do think I can do better.

I did learn I was sending my pit lord to the corner too late before the felhunters were summoned and if they even get a glance of his big ass, they'll go wake him up. I've also saved my embers before the puppies were summoned for healing in case needed and it working so far.

Gonna give it another go tonight. Hopefully I can pull it off; the repair costs are starting to mount up. :/
    The repair cost is a pain aye, especially with many wipes. Just send him out really really early, no need to risk it, as if you have a doomguard up he will own you aswell. I don't oneshot them either, I usually time it with a conflag. My fav is chaos bolt the first, conflag it, havoc next mob, shadowburn and conflag/incenerate the new mob, now both should be rather low and easy to deal with.

Deleted
    Got my book two days ago, was up all night last night fighting Kanrethad, and OH MY GOD.

This is a fun fight.

I still haven't managed to kill him yet, unfortunately I'm in the middle of a transistion between epilepsy meds and consequently my concentration can lapse at anytime. Furthest I got him down was past 2 doom lords and into execute phase, then I was too slow to dispel myself and died from dots. The feeling of achievement from my progress so far though has been amazing, I've no doubt I'll down him within the next few tries, but I think I will wait until I'm stable on my meds, sudden loss of awareness is NOT a helpful thing in this fight xD

UPDATE: Logged in one more time to give it one last try and one shotted it this morning! YEAAAAAAH!!!
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-05-18 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Ive made at least 500k gold doing this quest for people.

25k if ilvl 485-490.
    20k if 490-500
    15k if 500-510
    10k if 510+.

Easy money.
    Oh woah I would charge 10k for a 470 ilvl...

Finally got him, and it came on what would've been my final attempt of the night!

Had a few heartbreaking deaths, including a 1% ( had him down to 300k health!). What made that particular death sting more was it took me at least another 20 attempts to finally get him. I'd say about 60+ total.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well i just got my kill today, took roughly 40ish wipes 20 of those where me figuring out the fight myself then went an watch a couple guides an all came down to excuting the fight proply i was in 483 IL (mostly t14 LFR an heroic blues).

I have to say it was amazing fun the pressure of getting everything perfectly was awesome! i hope they dont nurf this encounter an leave it as is!.
    I knew i was going to get the kill when i was gettin to 10-20% easily even with a couple mistakes (failed aggro dumping a couple times)
    once i got the kill i think i woke up my room mates hahaha!
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdarn View Post
    I don't know if this has been said in any of the 90+ pages of the forum so sorry for the possible broken record. I wish they would add an effect to pets. Imps with green fire. Fel void walker. Etc. don't get me wrong. I feel green fire is its own reward. Just saying it would look great.
    Grimoire of supremacy already gives your imp fefirebolts, felhunter is, well, has always been "fel", and the voidwalkers do not use fel magic, but wield powers of the void, which is completely different. I don't think voidwalkers are even affiliated with the Burning Legion.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Done!!! Ilvl496, first warlock and only dinged 90 3 weeks ago, took around 4 hours to complete, I could have got the killer soon looking back. I was so so focused on the mechanics of the fight that I was hardly DPSing Ken and as a consequence I was wiping to the imp waves at the end as it was taking to long. Tonight went back and focused purely on maximising damage to Ken following the advice earlier in the thread to really use the ember generation in the imp phase to nuke him.
    Thanks to everyone in the thread for all of the tips and pointers, greatly appreciated. I really really hope Blizzard do not touch this great encounter, it is so well done.