View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    205 71.68%
  • No

    81 28.32%
Page 97 of 119 FirstFirst ...
47
87
95
96
97
98
99
107
... LastLast
  1. #1921
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    What was bugging me tho was : on every single try when I'm dealing with 2nd wave of Fel hunters my Pit lord comes from the shelter and Enslave gets removed...

    I've done everything by the book , dropped threat , positioned him so he's out of LoS and what not but still it happened every time for 2nd Fel hunters spawn.
    First one is flawless , no problems what so ever.

    Anyone got idea what could it be?
    Enslave Demon has a five minute duration. The second felhunter phase is five minutes into the fight.

  2. #1922
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,470
    This time I had the fight go past both doomlord phases and 3 waves of imps before my pit lord broke enslave and killed me. I'm thinking I just don't have the dps to do this reasonably. I haven't seen any other warlock have to enslave the pitlord 3+ times.

    God knows I've mastered the mechanics of the fight seeing I always get to that same part.

  3. #1923
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Better down him before the 5.4 nerf guys. It will make it even harder
    So what is changing in 5.4 regarding the green fire quest. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything.

  4. #1924
    High Overlord Lysakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    192
    They are nerfing our absord/shield capability. We are too much survivable as is.

    Edit: Also they are nerfing KJF, that might complicate the fight even more.
    Last edited by Lysakers; 2013-06-17 at 04:16 PM.

  5. #1925

  6. #1926
    Dreadlord golds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Mmurrica
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    They are nerfing our absord/shield capability. We are too much survivable as is.

    Edit: Also they are nerfing KJF, that might complicate the fight even more.
    This. yea cooldown on kil jaedens cunning will make it even worse


    also congrats on your kill pr

  7. #1927
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    So what is changing in 5.4 regarding the green fire quest. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything.
    warlock fighting while moving capacity is being nerfed. kil'jaeden's cunning is no longer a passive, but a CD. that should make the fight much harder, since it's a heavy movement fight.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  8. #1928
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    warlock fighting while moving capacity is being nerfed. kil'jaeden's cunning is no longer a passive, but a CD. that should make the fight much harder, since it's a heavy movement fight.
    I actually did it with mannoroths fury so it should still be doable. In fact..it should be MORE doable in 5.4 considering mannoroths fury increases RoF and Aoe Damage by 100% when used and only has a 60 second cooldown. So it can be up for Every imp phase.

  9. #1929
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    why is my pit lord randomly coming loose during the first felhunter phase
    You need to move the Pit-Lord far away before the Felhunter phase, kill the Felhunters, then re-charm.

  10. #1930
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,470
    It's crazy how easy this fight is once it clicks in your head.

  11. #1931
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,328
    The fight always seems to go so much slower when I'm watching a YouTube video of someone else doing it. Whenever I'm actually trying to do the fight myself, it's like the entire thing is going by at lightning speed and there's no time to react to anything, my HP just melts whereas even players with worse gear doing vids appear more sturdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

  12. #1932
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    The fight always seems to go so much slower when I'm watching a YouTube video of someone else doing it. Whenever I'm actually trying to do the fight myself, it's like the entire thing is going by at lightning speed and there's no time to react to anything, my HP just melts whereas even players with worse gear doing vids appear more sturdy.
    If you are taking that much damage then honestly you are doing something wrong. The only time I took much damage was during the imp phase if I pulled to much aggro, but at the point you should have so many incoming embers you will be invincible with the amount of ember taps you can spam if you get caught.
    Just keep going through your gates on CD, you will never get hit by a chaos bolt, use breath on CD to remove DOT's and singe magic if you are in a bad position and cannot get to into range before it expires and you get an imp or void.
    Just keep doing it over and over and the fight will feel more and more controlled with a lot less ZOMG WHATS HAPPENING!!!! Once you get to that point and you can do every mechanic without even thinking about it start really focusing on DPSing Ken at as much as possible and you will score your kill.
    It got to the point for me where I was so focused on the mechanics that I could get through every phase with ease and would eventually just die due the fight lasting so long on the final stage when only imps spawn and I would just get caught to something silly. If you master the imp phase you can use it to spam massive amounts of chaos bolts into Ken, and in the final stages massive amounts of shadow burns, this really is key to getting the DPS to kill him and not drag the fight out.

  13. #1933
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    If you are taking that much damage then honestly you are doing something wrong. The only time I took much damage was during the imp phase if I pulled to much aggro, but at the point you should have so many incoming embers you will be invincible with the amount of ember taps you can spam if you get caught.
    Just keep going through your gates on CD, you will never get hit by a chaos bolt, use breath on CD to remove DOT's and singe magic if you are in a bad position and cannot get to into range before it expires and you get an imp or void.
    Just keep doing it over and over and the fight will feel more and more controlled with a lot less ZOMG WHATS HAPPENING!!!! Once you get to that point and you can do every mechanic without even thinking about it start really focusing on DPSing Ken at as much as possible and you will score your kill.
    It got to the point for me where I was so focused on the mechanics that I could get through every phase with ease and would eventually just die due the fight lasting so long on the final stage when only imps spawn and I would just get caught to something silly. If you master the imp phase you can use it to spam massive amounts of chaos bolts into Ken, and in the final stages massive amounts of shadow burns, this really is key to getting the DPS to kill him and not drag the fight out.
    I do keep jumping through gateways as often as possible. I downloaded a mod (TellMeWhen) to help me keep track of timers on things, such as summon waves, Cataclysm, Chaos Bolt, Enslave Demon and my gateway cooldown. I try to use the Pit Lord's heal and breath as often as possible to heal up and wipe debuffs. I understand that I'm probably doing something wrong, but telling me so isn't really helpful in the slightest.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tfizzle/simple This is my character, the second talent spec is the one I use for the fight (kept it separate so I could continue to do other stuff in between attempts). Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

    Edit: I should clarify, the part where I keep dying is the Felhunter phase. I can get the Pit Lord away without any problems, the felhunters no longer eat Enslave Demon, but I can't burn them down fast enough, so either the three of them chomping away at me kills me, or I do get at least two of them down but by the time I do Kanrethad's already onto Cataclysm and my Pit Lord is too far away to Charge him to interrupt it, and I die anyway.
    Last edited by Steamwheedle; 2013-06-18 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

  14. #1934
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    after doing this for the past week and getting him to 15-20%, i've concluded this just isn't worth it. It's not at all fun to wipe for days and days.
    if you're getting him down to 15-20% then he should die within seconds of hitting 19% due to shadowburn spam...

  15. #1935
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    I do keep jumping through gateways as often as possible. I downloaded a mod (TellMeWhen) to help me keep track of timers on things, such as summon waves, Cataclysm, Chaos Bolt, Enslave Demon and my gateway cooldown. I try to use the Pit Lord's heal and breath as often as possible to heal up and wipe debuffs. I understand that I'm probably doing something wrong, but telling me so isn't really helpful in the slightest.

    This is my character, the second talent spec is the one I use for the fight (kept it separate so I could continue to do other stuff in between attempts). Tell me, what am I doing wrong?
    In that case when are you taking all the damage? Which phase of the fight and what is your current strategy on that phase?

  16. #1936
    Edit: I should clarify, the part where I keep dying is the Felhunter phase. I can get the Pit Lord away without any problems, the felhunters no longer eat Enslave Demon, but I can't burn them down fast enough, so either the three of them chomping away at me kills me, or I do get at least two of them down but by the time I do Kanrethad's already onto Cataclysm and my Pit Lord is too far away to Charge him to interrupt it, and I die anyway.
    What? Why is your pit lord 'too far' from the boss to interrupt the cataclysm? While you're fighting the felhunters, just soulshatter and put the pit lord on the boss so he can interrupt Cataclysm (even while you're finishing the remaining felhunters).

    Remember you dont need to worry about any LOS bullshit, just make sure the pit lord (and boss) are not within the frontal 180 degree cone of the felhunters while you fight them. You dont need to have the pit lord off somewhere so far he cant interrupt the cataclysm during that phase.

    In that phase I usuallly run off so far with the felhunters that my demonic portal despawns, while the pit lord+boss are fighting way on the other side of the platform. You still interrupt cataclysm instantly.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 12:41 PM.

  17. #1937
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,328
    Ghiroza: I feel like I'm taking more damage than I should all throughout the fight. I watched a few videos, one suggested that the best way to deal with the imps was to stand where they spawn, RoF, Shadowfury, FnB+Immolate, then Fel Flame Breath, which usually takes out all the imps. Still, I'll need to use a Demonic Siphon and maybe an Ember Tap or two during this. When the Felhunters come along, they just tear my HP down too fast, which I admit does cause me to panic a bit and lose focus on what I'm doing, especially when I can't use the Demonic Siphon heal.

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    What? Why is your pit lord 'too far' from the boss to interrupt the cataclysm? While you're fighting the felhunters, just soulshatter and put the pit lord on the boss so he can interrupt Cataclysm (even while you're finishing the remaining felhunters).

    Remember you dont need to worry about any LOS bullshit, just make sure the pit lord (and boss) are not within the frontal 180 degree cone of the felhunters while you fight them. You dont need to have the pit lord off somewhere so far he cant interrupt the cataclysm during that phase.

    In that phase I usuallly run off so far with the felhunters that my demonic portal despawns, while the pit lord+boss are fighting way on the other side of the platform. You still interrupt cataclysm instantly.
    If you're standing facing the portal, I send the Pit Lord to the right, behind that bit of wall that juts out. I did this because after watching a bunch of videos and not doing it this way, the felhunters kept dispelling Enslave Demon. Is the range of Devour Enslavement really only 180 degrees? I read somewhere that it was like, 230.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

  18. #1938
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Edit: I should clarify, the part where I keep dying is the Felhunter phase. I can get the Pit Lord away without any problems, the felhunters no longer eat Enslave Demon, but I can't burn them down fast enough, so either the three of them chomping away at me kills me, or I do get at least two of them down but by the time I do Kanrethad's already onto Cataclysm and my Pit Lord is too far away to Charge him to interrupt it, and I die anyway.
    Ok on that phase make sure you have 40 embers saved up going into it, also make sure the boss is set to focus and you have pet attack keybound. Just prior to him summoning them send the pit lord behind the pillar next to the portal to the left or right, run to your gate, go through it and then use soul shatter and drop ROF on the portal, go to the opposite side to your pitlord and insure you are facing in the pitlords direction so the felhunters never face the pitlord. Also you singe magic to remove any DOT's you may have picked up.
    Ken will then run round the corner to your pitlord and the felhunters will come straight to you as they spawn and hit the Rof. Havoc, chaos bolt and empty your 4 saved chaos bolts into the first two, if you are at max range when they spawn the first should be dead before it reaches you and the second should be very close to dead, finish him and then finish the third. Use CD's here if needed to minimise damage and also your HS if you get a little low.
    As you will be facing your pit lord, and therefore Ken as he will be stood there to, you will be able to see when Ken starts to run to the centre of the room to cast cata, click your your Ken focus frame and hit your pet attack keybind, your pit lord will then start to follow Ken to the centre of the room and will therefore be well in range of him when he reaches the centre and starts casts cata. If the last Felhunter is still up it won't matter as he will be facing you and should be very close to death. Finish the third off then get straight to your portal and through it to avoid a chaos bolt.

  19. #1939
    If you're standing facing the portal, I send the Pit Lord to the right, behind that bit of wall that juts out. I did this because after watching a bunch of videos and not doing it this way, the felhunters kept dispelling Enslave Demon. Is the range of Devour Enslavement really only 180 degrees? I read somewhere that it was like, 230.
    As felhunter stage starts, first soulshatter (so the boss will go to the pit lord after hes finished summoning). Then I Ctrl+3 send the pit lord to the right of the portal. No los or behind a wall or anything - just send him to the middle of the platform to the right of the portal . And I drop ROF on the spawn point and run (with the felhunters coming) to the left.

    Then Ctrl+1 put the pitlord onto the boss (and interrupt cataclysm when appropriate). Devour is never a problem, despite the pitlord fighting the boss directly in LOS of me fighting the felhunters. me-felhunter------------boss-pitlord. Whether the frontal cone for devour is 180 or 230 degress honestly makes no difference - because the pit lord is directly behind the felhunters anyway.

    "LOS" has nothing to do with it, so id stop trying to stress over getting into los. It just causes people to have more problems.

    Make sure you have the boss as your /focus target to easily select/interrupt Cataclysm with the pitlord (as you might still be quite far away fighting felhunters by then).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 01:02 PM.

  20. #1940
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,328
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try your suggestions out and let you know how I went.

    (Sorry if I come off a little belligerent, I really do appreciate people willing to help and give advice, I'm more frustrated at this quest and boss than anything else. It was really, really fun up to this point, but I guess I just don't subscribe to the kind of gameplay that this boss entails, but I do want to beat it without having to wait until the next expansion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •