Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Just because you raided in classic or tbc doesn't make you a good player, content was easy, only "hard" part was grinding the stupid gear to beat the bosses(as in, survive with resist gear). Even today's LFR bosses are harder mechanic-wise.

The boss is not meant to be "stand still DPS nuke", you have to use your class abilities; Demonic Portal, Demonic Gateway, Bind Demon(or whatever it is), Shadow Ward and other utility spells.
    The "hard" part was also finding 39 other people to raid with.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Account sharing is not allowed, stop asking /offering the OP to let you do the fight for him.

Deleted
    What made the difference for me was dropping threat with the gateway right when Kan was running to summon the felhunters.

More detailed it looked like this:
    Kan casts Cataclysm after the imps and I charge him with the PL then immediately park the PL behind the portal (directly behind it, no pillar or anything between him and the portal). Putting him on passive to keep him in place. Then dps Kan till he runs to the portal to start the summon. I use the gateway and put a few (more than 2) RoFs on the portal. Kan goes for the PL because of the threatdrop. In this state he will not cast any chaosbolts. He only does it when you aggro him.
    The felhunters come out and I conflag and havoc the first, renew RoF and chaosbolt the second and then let the third come to me. When all three are standing together I charge them with the PL and use the breath right after. That's enough to kill them.
    After the next Cataclysm I send the PL away and reenslave him while Kan is summoning the Doomguard.

Your iLvl is nearly irrelevant in this encounter. It's all about control and using and abusing the tools of your class.

Edit:
    Forgot about the imps. NEVER drop threat on them. Glyph conflag and use FnB conflag to slow them. When they're packed up FnB Incinerate them to death. When you have trouble surviving their damage use Ember Tap. You have unlimited embers anyway because of RoF on the imps.
    Last edited by mmoc4056a62acd; 2013-07-27 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yeah...then you never raided in TBC if you think it was easy. All the shit you see from TBC is compltely and udderly nerfed to hell and all the classes have had there mechanics completely changed. And there were a TON of fight mechanics that were and still are unique. Also the only boss where everyone needed resist gear from was Mother and when your guild had there resist gear they could make money by selling the token things that dropped from T6 trash and it made trash worth dealing with. Go and LOOK at videos from the TBC raids and see all the shit you have to do then tell me its "stand still and nuke" or "easy". Hell, even the trash from TBC is way "harder" then the trash of today.
    In terms of numbers/damage taken sure. (See: Reason for needing resistances at all) In terms of complexity? Nope. Not even close.

I took it within 5 tries when I was like 475 iLvl, so no it's not "unbeatable" :P

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jZcA2GUWo
    This video helped me on getting it done on my alt-lock at 484.

i did this fight with 483 gear and also DO NOT LOS PITLORD DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE

i did this in maybe 40-50 tries

cast sac on pitlord

bannish first felhound fear lock the second one in place and put up havoc then stun 3rd one charge pitlord cast chaos bolt 2 felhounds die in 1 hit and last one dies easy then you may or may not have to re enslave pitlord but you will have to anyways some time during fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    i did this fight with 483 gear and also DO NOT LOS PITLORD DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE

i did this in maybe 40-50 tries

cast sac on pitlord

bannish first felhound fear lock the second one in place and put up havoc then stun 3rd one charge pitlord cast chaos bolt 2 felhounds die in 1 hit and last one dies easy then you may or may not have to re enslave pitlord but you will have to anyways some time during fight.
    What do you mean cast sac on pitlord?

it's a talent to sacrifice your pet's HP for a shield

Spec Sac, summon a demon and sac it to begin with for the HP / damage boost. (As you'll be controlling the PL anyway).

Use your gateway on cooldown. Seriously, keep running through this so that you're never targeted.

Then the only "hard" part is killing the Fel Hunters before they banish your PL.

First off, you have to avoid that chaos bolt. No question, unless you can absorb it (which I don't recommend, but doable)

Also for imps, use your pit lords CHARGE then breath on the imps. The imps were destroying me, but once I started using his charge, then breath, then my Fire +Brimstone + ROF they went down with ease. Make sure you charge at about halfway through his cast so the charge cooldown is up by the time he casts apocalypse.

Here's a tip, maybe it'll work for you, maybe not. I learned the basics of the fight this way, then I progressed and eventually just did it regular.

After you enslave the pitlord, RUN RUN RUN to the anvil. Bring the pit with you. Stay at the bottom of the stairs. The imps and doomguard will come, but the felhunters won't. Also, he won't caste the curse of doom on you, so you really have no time limit for the fight. You can take your time, get your strat figured out then progress. The felhunters WILL spawn, but up top near the portal, so set your Pit lord to "stay" run up and blast the felhunters. Then run back down.

This way, you can kill BOTH doomguards and felhunters, without having to worry about LOS/chaos bolt/curse of doom/ felhunters breaking your enslave.

Also, let your pit do all of the tanking on the doomguards, set up demonic gateways on the bottom of the stairs to drop aggro.

DON'T FORGET TO USE YOUR PITLORDS HEAL!!! It's very much needed.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

If your gear level is anywhere near 500 don't even bother dodging chaos bolts unless they come before your shield cooldown.
    Take a potion to remove the curse of doom to extend the enrage, by doing this you effectively need to focus on execution and not DPS because you'll kill it before 14min...

Imps are hardly a problem, in fact they're beneficial (infinite health tap) precast fire and brimstone standing by the portal, lay 3 RoF and immolate / breath, make sure the demon breath hits them it'll obliterate them.

Felhunters.. just send your enslaved demon behind a wall, take your time you have 14min (have a macro to put him back on 'follow') fear one, havoc the other kill the third, finish what's left of the second, pop your macro for the pet to come back to you and kill the 3rd, oddball chance the 3rd dispells it ... but it's okay because you need him to come towards you anyway, recontrol is pretty fast.

That's the whole fight. /shrug
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-07-27 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely beatable, frustrating as hell but beatable. I felt the same way you did till I got down the fight to perfection. Its one of those encounters where you can't make a single mistake, he's easily as difficult as some of the top tier Brawlers Guild bosses. He's also very gear dependent its a lot easier with better gear. Basically you have to know the fight like the back of you hand, don't make a single mistake, and hope that the planets are aligned and the goddess of luck takes pity on you. Took me about 20 attempts before I got it down. Even when I finally killed him, I died almost 4xs to the damn doom guards because for some reason they don't despawn when he dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Spec Sac, summon a demon and sac it to begin with for the HP / damage boost. (As you'll be controlling the PL anyway).

Use your gateway on cooldown. Seriously, keep running through this so that you're never targeted.

Then the only "hard" part is killing the Fel Hunters before they banish your PL.
    I know what grimoire of sacrifice is. You only get the hp boost if you use soul link. Which unless you're planning on lossing chaos bolts (which is a stupid idea) you wouldn't be doing as you'd be taking sac pac instead.

The guy I was quoting said cast sac on pit lord as if it was possible to sacrifice it.....which it isn't.

I thought you get an HP boost regardless, and Soul Link increases the hp boost ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I thought you get an HP boost regardless, and Soul Link increases the hp boost ?
    I'm fairly sure you don't but you've got me questioning myself now

I'm fairly sure it's a dmg increase and a passive health regen (maybe 2% every 4 seconds?)

The health boost is only present if you have selected Soul Link too. OTherwise it's just increased damage and the small regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The health boost is only present if you have selected Soul Link too. OTherwise it's just increased damage and the small regen.
    Ah good so I'm not going mad.

.mmo-champion.com/threads/1253654-Official-Warlock-Green-Fire-thread-spoilers?p=20537679&viewfull=1#post20537679

Following this video was the game-changer for me. I love the idea of ignoring the Chaos Bolts ( this guy has one cast on him ) as opposed to LoSing them

Can't post links so add the WWW at the start

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Account sharing is not allowed, stop asking /offering the OP to let you do the fight for him.
    who cares if it's not allowed, is this the moral sheep police or what?