Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stacking classes

Hello everyone.
    At current point I have a problem with my static 10ppl in terms of mechanics on bosses and other issues. (I'm arguing with our RL after 100 wipes that we need to change smth on mechanics, and he declines it).
    Our OT is discussing with me about leaving. There is also other good MT in other guild, so he proposes him.
    Main problem is that they're both Prot Warriors.
    So, the question is:
    Will it work for playing on progress by having 2 exact tanks in raid?

having 2 same class tanks in 10 men raid isnt problem , problem is if you got stack to much of same class heals or DPS ( more then 2 same class and spec)

PS. on what fight you got problems becous of 2 Warrior tanks ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    having 2 same class tanks in 10 men raid isnt problem , problem is if you got stack to much of same class heals or DPS ( more then 2 same class and spec)

PS. on what fight you got problems becous of 2 Warrior tanks ??
    Not yet.
    We're thinking about this.
    Cuz I'm just getting sick of arguing about Heroic modes whether this is 1 tankable or two.

Deleted
    2x warrior shouldnt give more loot issues then 1x warrior and 1x paladin (or a warrior and a DK, since they share loot except shield).

so i wouldnt worry too much about that part, as for 2x warrior mechanic wise. it shouldnt pose too much issues as far i can image.
    fights were other tanks shine will never be one were you can shine though since 2x warrior. but those fights dnt happen that often anyway,

Is this about "class stacking" or whether certain fights should be 1 or 2 tanked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your opinions.
    Btw, I would like to ask also, are there any fights on Heroic where warrior suffers more than other tanks?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Is this about "class stacking" or whether certain fights should be 1 or 2 tanked?
    This is about stacking.
    Problems in current static, plans to leave and create our own by having 2 warriors as tanks.

Nothing wrong with two warrior tanks.

They can rotate Skull Banners, they have Demo Banner and Rallying Cry for raid CDs, and they can Vigilance after they taunt swap. They're also both good against magic and physical damage. IMHO they are the best tank right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Thank you for your opinions.
    Btw, I would like to ask also, are there any fights on Heroic where warrior suffers more than other tanks?
    Will of Emperor becous warrior got no extra speed bonus so need abit more skill to avoid combos exep this 1 stuff warrior got no other weaknes

Deleted
    ^Hardly a disadvantage considering that it's a joke with or without speedboosts (and heroic leap is more helpful than most boosts).

On topic: Warriors have excellent utility (banners+roar) and are some of the strongest tanks with no real weaknesses, having two of them is imo one of the better tanking setups (as stated you have practically the same loot issues with dk/pala tanks, do keep tier tokens in mind as well though).

If your raid is having trouble in 10H Mogu'shan, the tank comp is not the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If your raid is having trouble in 10H Mogu'shan, the tank comp is not the issue.
    It's just about people and skill. I find it amusing. (when smb dies and flame starts in voicechat it kinda reduces your focus and attention).

On H Sha you might have problems with 2 warrior tanks. They're not super mobile and they have almost nothing that can be used from range to maintain threat. This means collecting orbs will mainly fall to your ranged. It will make the platforms more complicated and spread orb responsibility to several people. You'll also need a lot of mobile ranged to get the platforms dead in time. Still doable, but it's not how most people are doing it and it seems harder.

H Lei Shi could be annoying too because your shield is useless and the damage gets really high, but I'm not familiar enough with MoP warrior mitigation to tell if it will be a real problem.

No other fight comes to mind this tier. You may want to roll up a non-block tank alt and gear them up just in case for next tier. Otherwise warriors have some awesome utility, and using 2 is pretty neat.

As far as stacking classes in general, my raid runs 2 pallies (prot/ret+holy/ret), 2 priests (shadow/disc+disc/shadow), and 2 mages regularly. As long as you get the major buffs/debuffs covered, you should be fine.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-01-21 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    On H Sha you might have problems with 2 warrior tanks. They're not super mobile and they have almost nothing that can be used from range to maintain threat. This means collecting orbs will mainly fall to your ranged. It will make the platforms more complicated and spread orb responsibility to several people. You'll also need a lot of mobile ranged to get the platforms dead in time. Still doable, but it's not how most people are doing it and it seems harder.

H Lei Shi could be annoying too because your shield is useless and the damage gets really high, but I'm not familiar enough with MoP warrior mitigation to tell if it will be a real problem.

No other fight comes to mind this tier. You may want to roll up a non-block tank alt and gear them up just in case for next tier. Otherwise warriors have some awesome utility, and using 2 is pretty neat.

As far as stacking classes in general, my raid runs 2 pallies (prot/ret+holy/ret), 2 priests (shadow/disc+disc/shadow), and 2 mages regularly. As long as you get the major buffs/debuffs covered, you should be fine.
    Shield barrier kinda counters both of the suggestions you posted where warriors might be lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    Shield barrier kinda counters both of the suggestions you posted where warriors might be lacking.
    Shield Barrier improves mobility? Looks like they are indeed fine for taking magic damage now, so Lei Shi is NP.

Also, it just means a potentially more difficult strat than most for H Sha. Still totally doable, just way more annoying.

Pretty sure all tanks have similar problems. Stagger, paladin shield, all armor bonuses, blood shield, druid mastery/dodge, none of those work. It's intended that your tanks all use their resources on their secondary mitigation (shield barrier, word of glory, etc.) for the fight.

I'd recommend for any tank to consider a "main alt" tank that's a bit different just in case, and also just (personally) for a change of pace. For instance you might consider leveling a shield tank + a non-shield tank, a strength tank + an agility tank, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that:
    a) Server is very low populated
    b) It's hard to find people who know about their class (yes yes, 60% of players on this realm don't even know what sockets to put or what stat is the best for them).

Shield Barrier improves mobility?
    Holding aggro in p1 on the platforms (which I assume you're referring to) is hardly an issue while also picking up orbs via leap, safeguard, mocking banner. In addition, the orbs give an absurd amount of rage when spammed that you can constantly keep shield barrier up, increasing rage generation, increasing threat generation when charging through on cd to get a hit in. I highly doubt that AS, judge or DND + one grip is going to negate the benefit of a warrior that takes far less damage than either of the two on platforms. Shockwave and TC also has a range that will hit in addition to bloodbath leaving the extra bleed damage, so yeah, it does help mobility.

Problem is that:
    b) It's hard to find people who know about their class (yes yes, 60% of players on this realm don't even know what sockets to put or what stat is the best for them).
    Seems to me that your part of the problem (it says allot about you) if you actually think that 2 warriors tanks i actively hurting your progression.

They are tanks, their job is to take damage and every tank spec has the tools to do the job. Not a single tank is needs another class to tank.

Is it optimal to have both tanks that are the same class? No because they would have the same weaknesses but in all of my years in WoW their has not been a single boss which couldn't be tanked by warrior (excluding aeo adds) and having 2 warriors changes nothing.

Problem is that:
    As said numerous times, your guild's problems are obviously not a class issue, but a player skill issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    As said numerous times, your guild's problems are obviously not a class issue, but a player skill issue.
    Sad but true.
    Ofc I'm not the best warlock (I admit I suck) but at least I'm trying to improve myself. It just pisses me off when RL keeps mocking me for low dps when we have BM hunter (500 ilvl) and Spriest (497 ilvl) who aren't able to pull more than I do.

P.S.: Hard to express level of rage after 130 wipes on Spirit Kings H for 3 days.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-01-22 at 11:52 AM.