Any way to record wow sounds apart from mumble while frapsing?

So here's my dilema; i record for my guilds raid, but usually i just record with fraps with the sound option turned off, then just add in music and boss sound files. Now i want to try to record with wow sounds on with all the battle/casting sounds etc as well.

Now what ive been told, there is no way to do this on the same system. I feel like my best option is to just go on mumble on my phone when i record to get wow sounds without mumble. Unless there's some program out there that can separate the 2? I'd really like to be able to try this, but cant figure out anything =\. Btw i dont have a separate sound card if that matters.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy a $20 sound card. Have the game music go through the sound card, have the Mumble go through your mobo's onboard.

This is how I do it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

i think you can do it using virtual audio cable
    im going to check that when i get back to home (5+ hours)

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:21 PM ----------

ok so install virtual audio cable
    open up VAC control panel
    use this settings and press "set" (both) and you can close panel

now, change wow audio output to "line 1" in game system settings

and use e.g. adobe soundbooth to record only wow audio, set input source (port) as "line 1"

if lack of wow audio bothers you ( i play without sound or it is set very low)
    use VAC audio repeater to forward "line 1" output also to your speakers (press start to make it work ;p )

i hope i didn't fuck up something im really tiered after work
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-21 at 05:32 PM.

so with what you posted, am i going to have to record wow audio separate from recording video with fraps? like when i go to record. i have to hit record on both programs or something

yeah start recording audio tab back to wow start frapsing (disable "record win7 sound") and then just merg both files in your rendering software

it's a bit tricky but nothing hard

okay i'll try it today and see how it goes thanks a lot

Edit:
    so i think i ran into a problem....... i installed it, now i cant hear anything haha. on my taskbar if i hit the audio thing it says Line 1. i had to change my wow in game settings back to realtek audio to be able to hear it through my speakers, line 1 didnt have any sound on that. and i cant hear any sound while on the internet (youtube etc) and also itunes. is there an easy way to just turn it back to default :s
    Last edited by RoughJustice; 2013-01-21 at 06:14 PM.

hmm no idea
    i have just checked on my laptop
    fresh install of VAC works same way as on my PC

did line 1 had any audio when wow was set to it and running ? (you wont hear wow without forwarding line 1 to speakers/realtek output in audio repeater)
    check if anything is being recorded from line 1 in audio soft

is there an easy way to just turn it back to default :s
    maybe uninstalling ;/

i never had any issues with VAC tho
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-21 at 07:13 PM.

no wow didnt have any sound while on line 1, i had to change it to i think is my mobo's sound channel

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finear's suggestion looks, while free, far more complex than mine. O_o

I've not had to really setup anything other than, I have my speakers (which output game/music) plugged into my sound card, while I have my headphones and mic plugged into my motherboard's onboard via the front-of-the-case ports. Tell Fraps to record the Asus sound card audio, boom, gaming audio, nothing else.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132020

$27 and even has a headphone amp. Not a bad deal if you ask me! PCI interface though, if you have no PCI slots on your motherboard, here's the PCI-E variant:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132052

$40 and comes with everything the DG has and more, such as the Xonar suite for screwing with sounds, such as your voice if you plug your mic into the sound card, like making your voice sound like Satan, or a girl, or some such thing. :P

(I've trolled the hell out of Drunkenvalley on Mumble/Skype messing with that haha)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water