Poll: Do you stutter?

Thread: Do you stutter?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you stutter?

So, do you stutter?

I do it if I get anxious or stressed when it's about social situations.

Deleted
    I do if others around me do i dont know why >.>

Yup.
    I get lost in my words if i speak too quickly and simply can't get out what im thinking so I have to stop, take a breath and start again.
    I also stutter none stop when speaking to the arse managers who I can't relate with......fear and angxiety makes me the worst.

Deleted
    Depends totally on about the situation.
    If there's like 10 cops around you questioning the words out of your mouth, then I stutter.
    Otherwise not. And I hate it when people makes fun of the ones who stutter on a daily basis. Totally hate those guys.

Deleted
    if i speak englisch (my 2nd language).... Yea happens from time to time when my mouth wants to be faster than my brain
    In German... rarely, most likely in extreme situations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    if i speak englisch (my 2nd language).... Yea happens from time to time when my mouth wants to be faster than my brain
    In German... rarely, most likely in extreme situations
    For me it's the opposite u use english without a flaw and i stutter in croatian :O

Quote Originally Posted by Darra View Post
    Depends totally on about the situation.
    If there's like 10 cops around you questioning the words out of your mouth, then I stutter.
    Otherwise not. And I hate it when people makes fun of the ones who stutter on a daily basis. Totally hate those guys.
    I didn't stutter when I was stopped by the police while driving a motorcycle without a driving license for it, I just showed them my moped driving license, they believed me and I could move on ... Yes, it was a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think I do when I am stressed out really bad. Few months ago I was unemployed had some money issues and I would stutter in a conversation but since I got a job in my field of study and I have noticed that I don't do it anymore...had me freaked out.

Deleted
    I never stutter, although I'm a well mannered and a bit shy woman IRL.

If I'm stressed and anxious, I'll say really stupid things though:P .. and I'm blonde. It's kinda sad that a lot of people think I'm a dumb blonde because of that, even though my IQ is like 170 :/ and I feel like a nerd with boobs sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo14 View Post
    Yup.
    I get lost in my words if i speak too quickly and simply can't get out what im thinking so I have to stop, take a breath and start again.
    Same here.
    It is super embarrassing too.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-07-01 at 06:59 PM.

Mouth works too fast for brain or vice versa. That's about it. No, I don't have a doctors note saying I have a speech impediment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Many people stutter when they are in what could be considered an anxious situation, or when theyre nervous. Not as many actually have the true speech impediment, such as me. Ive had it nearly all my life. In theory, I could file a lawsuit against the school district I attended, due to the fact they legally were supposed to provide me with speech therapy, but they kept saying "its a boy thing, he will grow out of it." And, "there are kids with more severe issues with their speech, so we are full up on children."

It can get annoying at times, some days are worse than others, but its been part of who I am forever. My friends dont care, and even get defensive for me sometimes if someone makes fun of me. (even though I dont want them to)

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    Mouth works too fast for brain or vice versa. That's about it. No, I don't have a doctors note saying I have a speech impediment.
    Basically it. Your brain never truly learned how to get passed certain sounds into another one, so you either have to consciously think about how to make your muscles do what you want, or re-learn it. which can be very hard. Ive noticed when Im having bad days, I am hardly moving my mouth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

If I'm stressed and anxious, I'll say really stupid things though:P .. and I'm blonde. It's kinda sad that a lot of people think I'm a dumb blonde because of that, even though my IQ is like 170 :/ and I feel like a nerd with boobs sometimes.
    Off-topic but 170 is superhuman high in todays standards O.o High IQ is considered ~130
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account

if your IQ was 170 you A. Wouldnt brag about it, B. You would have better things to do during your day C. I call bullshit to the 100000000000000 degree

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when I'm nervous, scared, talking too fast for myself or sometimes when I'm talking about some random stuff with friends IRL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    if your IQ was 170 you A. Wouldnt brag about it, B. You would have better things to do during your day C. I call bullshit to the 100000000000000 degree
    Where did you get the idea I was bragging about it? I just said it kinda sucks that some people consider me a dumb blonde because I have a bad habbit of saying really stupid things when I'm nervous. And that happens a lot since I'm a bit shy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do regularly. It has nothing to do with being nervous/anxious in my case though.

And no, I haven't been to a doctor about it because it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get the idea I was bragging about it? I just said it kinda sucks that some people consider me a dumb blonde because I have a bad habbit of saying really stupid things when I'm nervous. And that happens a lot since I'm a bit shy.
    its just not relevant to this discussion, I have a high IQ too

Only when I have to speak in front of an audience, though I believe I've improved since last time it only occurred during the first day (out of 6 of teaching).

Sometimes under stress or anxiousness. But alot of the times when I do stutter, I don't really stutter it just sounds like I am because of my pain medication I'll forget alot and I'll be in the middle of a word and just forget so I keep trying to say what I can't.