Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thought they left it as is for nostalgia reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    OT: I remember in the Cata PTR there was some new stuff in Silithus, but they never got added into the game. Probably due to some sort of programming problem. Any bugs were intentional :P
    I believe that they did indeed start to rework Silithus, but decided that it wasn't worth the time required, because the zone had become pretty much obsolete.

You would only do Silithus quests these days for Loremaster. The zone's not useful for leveling. Blizzard would have had to reduce the level to mid 50s in order to make it part of leveling flow.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If you went to Silithus before it's revamp, you will know how much better it was afterwards... there was like nothing to do there.
    There were a few mobs. That had no loot. That's it. Yes, no loot.

Deleted
    "Random answer": They ran out of time to update Silithus.

It would have been nice to see all zones updated but it would have delayed the release of the expansion. I wouldn't really call Blizzard lazy. I think they are pretty much a victim of their own iteration process at times.

Silithus was also likely low priority because it had already been updated at least once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I believe that they did indeed start to rework Silithus, but decided that it wasn't worth the time required, because the zone had become pretty much obsolete.

You would only do Silithus quests these days for Loremaster. The zone's not useful for leveling. Blizzard would have had to reduce the level to mid 50s in order to make it part of leveling flow.
    To be honest the game could do with one r two more fun zones to level up through 50-60. 20-40 is jam packed with areas to quest in, and then it markedly drops off. I thought during the early days of Cata with the Twilight's Hammer presence there that an update to Silithus would come in a patch; it just made too much sense. I suspect that it was one of the many things shelved during Cataclysm as not worth the time or resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

Blizz got lazy halfway through the revamp
    It's not so much that they "got lazy" halfway through. They outright admitted that they bit off way more than they could chew. They had green zones, meaning fairly easy to revamp and they had red zones, very hard to revamp and then they had Watermelon zones... Zones that seems green(easy to do) but turn out to be red(incredibly difficult to do).

That is most likely the reason certain zones had very little work done to them.

Stop spouting such negativity. It makes you get wrinkles earlier in life, I promise.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It seems that any zone that received any sort of revamp before Cata was not revamped during cata.

Silithus was revamped in classic. Dustwallow was revamped at some point too.

If you went to Silithus before it's revamp, you will know how much better it was afterwards... there was like nothing to do there.
    Honestly though, the vast majority of people still agree that the questlines are still inferior to the cata quests. Even if they weren't, we have this zone thats still living years in the past for no reason. A very important zone for the twilight's hammer and the old gods mind you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverker View Post
    Because its perfect the way it is.

You mean breaking the time line, poorly paced vanilla quests, and an entire questline spent fighting a war that ended years ago is perfect? How about the fact that the main antagonists of cataclysm LIVE there, and yet they're doing nothing different. Give me a break.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:55 PM ----------

And how many other zones have they changed the level range for?

They did not update Silithus because they had plans for that zone beyond Cataclysm. Specifically, they will use it in patch 5.3... You see, in 5.2 we will be busy with the Mogu rekindling their alliance with the Zandalari... 5.3 has the Mantid team up again with the Aqiri Empire. Of course, I have no proof of this, and am just full of BS, but it would be interesting :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember those PTR quests - there was some weirdness involving C'Thun, post-AQ war. I was disappointed that we never got to see it.

Hopefully it'll be revived at some point, maybe brought up to date for a max-level quest chain or event. 'C'Thun's Resurgence' would make for a cool scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect they tried, but had to call it off because the update was bugged.
    IC What you did there

No real reason to update it tbh.

The zones that didn't get a major revamp with Cata were mostly zones that got a major revamp earlier. Silithus got a major revamp in late Vanilla, Dustwallow Marsh did during TBC. Blizzard realized it was a mistake to put so much effort into the old world and "ignore" the end game, and those zones are nice and nostalgic for me, I really don't mind it.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

It's actually a pretty simple question. Blizzard works based on priorities. Zones that came out earlier had larger priorities then ones that came later. When the game first released Silithus existed, but had nothing to do. It didn't have quests until patches added the AQ events. Dustwallow, while it had quests, was considered rather boring so it was also updated during patches following release. As such, they were lower on the priority list compared to zones that never saw drastic improvements.

Pretty much this, I remember reading during Cata Beta that most zones that were 54+ weren't going to get anything done and if they did it was a little bit. Mainly because at 57 players (sometimes earlier) were heading to Outlands so the content would rarely be seen unless someone decided to request through all of it. The argument was made at the time for those who only had the Starter Pack (Vanilla Only) until Blizzard incorporated Burning Crusade into it so that the argument for it was no long relevant.

In order to make the zones relevant and considered for a revamp they would have to redo every zone so that zones like Silithius/Winterspring, etc would fit into the leveling flow. With everyone complaining they outlevel zones before they finish that definitely would not help the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Why didn't they update the quests in Dustwallow? 6 years later and we're still trying to figure out who burned down the Shady Rest Inn.

Blizz got lazy halfway through the revamp
    Well, that still doesn't explain why they decided to ignore one of the main bases of the Twilight's Hammer, in the expansion where the Twilight's Hammer was a key enemy. Shouldn't it have gotten some priority?

Dustwallow isn't exactly important for the storyline of Cataclysm. But everything regarding the Twilight's Hammer? yeah.

I believe it is because they ran out of time. Same thing with Dustwallow and Arathi Highlands.

If you for some reason decide to pass into these zones on the revamped leveling experience, you feel a HUGE gap in the questlines compared to the other zones. It feels like a bucket of cold water, indeed.

Of all the 3 zones, Dustwallow is actually the most friendly one, since it received a revamp in BC. The quests in departed Theramore, Alliance side, was even actually very good, Cataclysm-quality. But Silithus and Arathi Highlands are awfull.

Specially Arathi. Even more because you came from perhaps the best zones in the entire game, Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills. I really wanted to see a revamp there and some advance in the Stromgarde lore, it was one of my favorite nations in Warcraft 2!

In relation to Silithus, I really really wanted to see a 5-man AQ! I do believe it was one of the things chopped from the drawing board when Blizzard decided to throw Cataclysm to the sharks...
    Last edited by Madruga; 2013-01-21 at 10:12 PM.

Im just kinda sad they didnt do anything with Uldum.

Silithus revamp was based around build up to AQ 20 and 40 release. THose still exist if outdated level wise.

I don't see what else they could really do with the zone thats stuck down there in the butt-hole of the continent.

Really... how much time do you spend in Silithus other than 1 or 2 levels at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    Silithus revamp was based around build up to AQ 20 and 40 release. THose still exist if outdated level wise.

I don't see what else they could really do with the zone thats stuck down there in the butt-hole of the continent.
    Really... how much time do you spend in Silithus other than 1 or 2 levels at this point.
    And this is exactly why the place needs an update. Why waste a whole space on the map thats heavily tied with the old gods, the twilight's hammer, and one of the oldest races on Azeroth that we still know next to nothing about? Why just give up?

If there was time, I have to agree, the 50-58 run could use more flavor. Swamp of Sorrows is kind of fun now, but blasted lands being PVP gankers hell right now... I wouldn't mind Silithus as an alternative.

That being said, there is also the possibility of some sort of Old God return. The conversation when you get to exalted with Klaxxi, and they talk about the 3 sister kingdom of insects, and how the world should watch out if the Old Gods were ever to return... Silithus could get spruced up for an old God Resurrection and more bugs than AQ ever expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really do hope they will update silithus, arathi and dustwallow some day. But it's probably not high on their list..

Im just kinda sad they didnt do anything with Uldum.
    What do you mean ? Uldum was added in cataclysm :P