More than 11 character slots per server?

So, here it is I'm an altoholic I love playing both horde and ally. I've almost got every class in the game at max level or close to it. I have so many SO many BOA's but they sit useless cause i can't use them on any alts on my favorite server. I want to have a max toon of each class on both horde and ally but I just wish I could have them all on 1 server instead of having to split them among multiple servers. Why can't we get a 22 cap per server or lift the server cap totally?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish but I wouldn't hold your breath.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I have 11 characters on my main server, most of them 85, with the exception of a level 60 and a level 70. I would love to be able to create more characters on that server. But I know I'm probably an exception in this.

I guess it can't even think of any reasoning why we shouldn't be able to. It would be so nice to be able to share my guild, my mats, professions, gold, etc between my toons. My guild has both horde side guild and ally side guild, it would be so nice to be able to have all of them in one guild. It would just save me so much time and hassle.

12 per server would be my ideal (until more classes are added). 1 bank toon and 1 each class.
    cokloc's videos: on WeGame.com on YouTube.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of hoping they add a new character slot for each realm it is better to hope they better the account+realm integration. I mean take a look at Guild Wars 2, their database is completely seperate from their realms. This means that the amount of characters doesn't matter, since they aren't placed within a realm itself.

I have 11 on my main server and I definitely could use a few more.

They should remove the limit per realm or fix it so you can email BoA items between servers.

I don't see any of the above happening soon.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I have 11 characters on my main server, most of them 85, with the exception of a level 60 and a level 70. I would love to be able to create more characters on that server. But I know I'm probably an exception in this.
    Same situation, it's a shame I had to delete a few 80s to be able to have all classes as alliance on the same realm. Also If I want to do the achievement for both factions at level 90 I'm locked out of the realm with all my heirlooms... or pay to transfer them and back.

Deleted
    It's meant to keep subscriptions umbers artificially higher, even if just by little. When limit is removed, it would mean lot of people transfer all of their characters to one account and stop paying for multiple accounts. It would look like WoW is losing subscribers. Can't see blizz ever letting that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    It's meant to keep subscriptions umbers artificially higher, even if just by little. When limit is removed, it would mean lot of people transfer all of their characters to one account and stop paying for multiple accounts. It would look like WoW is losing subscribers. Can't see blizz ever letting that happen.
    The cost for transferring is high enough that it might balance out the amount who would transfer all their toons and then cancel. However, not all (or maybe even most) people who keep multiple active accounts do so just because their primary server is full. Plenty of people would keep duplicate accounts active because they like to multibox.

| twitch | bsky
    |

It would be awesome if I could get my global character limit (I think it's still 50 across all realms?) on one realm, but I don't ever expect that to happen. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Instead of hoping they add a new character slot for each realm it is better to hope they better the account+realm integration. I mean take a look at Guild Wars 2, their database is completely seperate from their realms. This means that the amount of characters doesn't matter, since they aren't placed within a realm itself.
    That sounds awesome, and it would fix the empty servers issue as well.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    11 Classes, 11 Slots.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    For the people in my guild that have multiple accounts, I really don't see them dropping their 2nd or 3rd accounts if the cap was lifted.

-One guildie uses his second account to remain on the AH full time, plus a 3rd account for his kid.
    -Another guildie bought his account on EBay ages ago and got a 2nd account in case he ever lost his main account.
    -Another guildie shares an account with his wife.

I can see a number of people that would drop their 2nd account but I think the people hardcore enough to pay for 2 accounts are probably hardcore enough to keep them.

If there was a 12th slot I'd of rolled a goblin on my main realm instead of another. Now all blizz needs to do is allow CRZ mail for BOA's and gold. Hell even mailing gold cross faction within the same realm. I'd play my 1 horde if i could buy better gear.

Wasn't Blizz talking about this before MoP's release? I do believe it's on their to-do list, though not a high priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Wasn't Blizz talking about this before MoP's release? I do believe it's on their to-do list, though not a high priority.
    They mentioned at 2011 Blizzcon when they announced the Monk that they might do something like remove the server limitation and keep the account master cap.

However, later they posted that they were just going to give us all one extra character slot (the eleventh) per server, which leads me to believe that it isn't Coming Soon™/Eventually but rather that the idea was scrapped entirely.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me heirlooms that I can send to other realms and account wide gold, and I wouldn't care about realms. Would select one at random and do whatever :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Given they only just increased the server cap to 11 characters after 7-8 years, I can see them increasing it by 1-2 with every xpac from now on, but never removing the cap entirely.

I too hope and pray for XRealm heirlooms though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.