High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Network / Router Question

Hello..

I've got a Network question & would like some insight on it. I've currently have a DLink DIR 628 and it has been running very good till recently, every once in awhile it has been dropping connections. I would like to replace the DLink with something better but that's where my problem begins, I'd like a Wireless Router within the price of up to $100 nothing more, would like another DLink Wireless Router to replace the current. The other question I do have is I do have a single room that would like to get Wifi from the Dlink till I replace it. Can I purchase any Powerline adapter or would I need a Wifi extender to receive Wifi in the single room that I cannot get that now and any recommendations on a Powerline Adapter?

Thanks..........Gamer2k1

Been lots of questions about routers lately, so I thought I'd drop this video here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0JFfpG4BWI

Yes, you could get a power line adapter. I haven't tried any out unfortunately. I would guess that almost any set would do, if you don't have a particularly fast connection.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the response, I'll go check it that video out. The current connection isn't really a fast connection all I'd like to do is really extend Wifi to the room that cannot get the signal. How does http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122383 look for a Powerline adapter or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16833122374? I do know the 2nd comes with 2 of them but will this work for what I'm after, I can get the 2nd one Locally for $25.
    Last edited by Gamer2k1; 2013-01-22 at 08:28 PM.