Page 1 of 260
... LastLast
    Deleted

The DK Solo Thread 3.0

~Welcome to the third edition of the Blood Solo Thread!~
    Follow-up of: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olo-Thread-2-0

This third edition is an attempt at trying to make the thread fancier and more cool-looking without losing any info in the process.
    Before starting, big thanks to Braindwen for inspiring me on a lot of points with his Druid guide.
    And without further ado, the stuff itself:

Gameplay:

Vengeance:
    The more damage you take, the more attack power you will gain. This has no effect on your survivability (Death Siphon and Lichborne aside, if talented), however this impacts your damage output greatly. I heavily suggest keeping track of your Vengeance value, even if it won't change your gameplay much by itself, it's always a good indicator of your damage input and output.
    Death Strike: Your bread and butter. Heals you for 7% of your health (affected by Scent of Blood stacks), will shield you for a value depending on your mastery rating, and also is your hardest hitting ability.
    Rune Strike: Your Runic Power dump. Will proc the level 75 talents and thus replenish your runes. Your 2nd hardest hitting ability.

These are meant to be used!

Talents:

I highlighted in green the talents you should have the majority of the time. Still, some talents that are not highlighted can have situational uses - mainly Anti-Magic Zone, Chilblains, Death Siphon, and the level 90 talents.

Note for 5.2: It's very possible that Conversion becomes a good talent. Time will tell.

Gear:

First of all, use Fallen Crusader as a runeforge.
    While high ilvl remains the most important part regarding gear, what you generally want to avoid is gear with very low amounts of Strength on them, which can be frequent on tank gear. (Example: this item vs this other item)
    As a general rule of thumb, the important stats are Strength, Stamina, Hit, Expertise, Mastery, and Haste (and to a lesser extent, Crit). Dodge and Parry are wasted points most of the time, although they're still better than nothing.
    There is no specific ruleset regarding gearing. Pick some level of Mastery that makes you comfortable regarding your survival (this depends on what you plan on soloing), then cap hit and exp, and then get as much Haste as possible. Obviously, getting more haste means you can get less mastery and vice-versa, as Haste is a very potent stat for survivability as well.
    I am currently experimentating with Haste gems instead of Strength gems, which seems not to make much difference, however either Strength, Mastery, Haste, or even Stam gems should be good - they all have their perks. Unless you plan on doing the hardest soloings available, your gems shouldn't matter.

List of bosses that can be soloed, with explanations if needed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lZ3A3RXc#gid=0

You navigate either by clicking the links on the main page or by using the small menu on the bottom (thank you Google™).
    (Quick recap: if talking about the lowest difficulty available for a given boss, everything can be done.)

How to do Valithria?

You equip two very fast weapons (items with a speed around 1.6 is what you want to aim for, generally old caster swords, anything below 2.0 is fine), as well as all of your stamina gear. (Bloodworms' healing only scales with your health.)
    Your goal is to keep hitting the mobs as much as you can so you proc bloodworms. Don't go too far away from Valithria or the bloodworms won't heal her. You can generally ignore applicating diseases (they would kill the mobs too quickly), and Heart Strike is your friend for more chances to proc.
    Kill Liches and Suppressers first, everything else is second priority compared to these (even the blazing skeletons, as they do not deal damage to Valithria)
    The Glyph of Death Coil can be of use, but it's pretty minor and not mandatory.
    We're already soloing nearly everything?! What to do nao?

I'm proposing this idea: let's make our own custom challenge modes. I don't know how many people would be interested. I also don't know how to limit gear scaling (is that even necessary, or also part of the fun?), or how to prevent the most sneaky ways of cheating. Nethertheless, I'm sure there's a lot of fun to be had in trying to do time attacks on instances that can be soloed in their entirety, such as Firelands, BoT, Ulduar.
    I will post the exact rules soon enough, but for the most part what you'll need to do is to simply upload a WoL of your entire run.
    This might very well end up as a complete success with enough people interested, or into something no-one gives two fucks about - that being said, I recall some people posting logs and trying to compete for rankings on solo bosses back in Cata, so surely there should be some people interested in that too.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-06-26 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    I love you, did you know that <3

Very impressive post! Especially all the time you put into the guides. Much appreciated

Gotta say this a lot clearer than the earlier thread. Secretly subscribing to the thread as well.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Very impressive post! Especially all the time you put into the guides. Much appreciated
    Just wait for the "Speed run mode" to come, legen, wait for it.... dary!

I had the idea of self-made challenge modes a while back. An interesting one I was enjoying playing with is attempting to pull all pullable MC bosses at once, AND trash if possible.

cool, i'm liking this. thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the post. I do believe Egg of Millagazor isn't 100% on hc Raggy anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Thanks for the post. I do believe Egg of Millagazor isn't 100% on hc Raggy anymore though.
    Indeed. Also about this, onyxia mount 0,4%? True, was like this, but checking wowhead data, since patch 5.1 it's been buffed to (presumably) 1% and it's actually raising and raising, 0,70% atm.

Having said this, nice post, also like the phrase "these are meant to be used" under the cds, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Indeed. Also about this, onyxia mount 0,4%? True, was like this, but checking wowhead data, since patch 5.1 it's been buffed to (presumably) 1% and it's actually raising and raising, 0,70% atm.

Having said this, nice post, also like the phrase "these are meant to be used" under the cds, lol.
    Onyxia mount drop has been buffed. There has been an insane amount of drops since 5.1 hit, and by insane I mean that there has ALOT.

I'm fairly new to DKs and I've read all 3 of your blood solo guides, but I just leveled my DK to 90 two nights ago and am having trouble on picking what gear to pursue to begin raiding old content. Is there a general gear guide that you have that can help get me started?

Also I've noticed no glyphs being mentioned, is it safe to assume they don't matter that much?

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityScrubs View Post
    I'm fairly new to DKs and I've read all 3 of your blood solo guides, but I just leveled my DK to 90 two nights ago and am having trouble on picking what gear to pursue to begin raiding old content. Is there a general gear guide that you have that can help get me started?

Also I've noticed no glyphs being mentioned, is it safe to assume they don't matter that much?
    most people just use the dps gear that they use in frost spec, either as is or reforged for mastery if you're pushing hard stuff. on certain fights you can use tank gear (mastery stack) and just survive it out.

as for glyphs...i find AMS is mandatory, other than that, nothing really. i like icy touch for dispels and vamp blood for extra healing. some of the others have their places on certain mechanics, but not big enough of an impact to list them all :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread requires ponies.

Any idea which of the current tier bosses will be falling in the future? Most of them don't look doable during MoP, or I could be vastly uninformed.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Glyphs, only AMS is "mandatory", rest is pretty much optional/situational.
    I'm having issues understanding how the glyph actually works, it just feels like the glyph does what I've always though AMS was doing =/

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I'm having issues understanding how the glyph actually works, it just feels like the glyph does what I've always though AMS was doing =/
    An unglyphed AMS absorbs 75% of incoming magic damage, up to a maximum of 50% of your current maximum health.

A glyphed AMS absorbs 100% of incoming magic damage, up to a maximum of 50% of your current maximum health.

They're both capped at 50% of your health and as such will only ever absorb that much in any given situation. The difference in practice happens when damage doesn't exceed 50% of your health which is when a glyphed AMS wins.

There actually cases where you may want to leave AMS unglyphed where damage intake is massive and you want to prolong getting debuffed for as long as possible.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried doing Valithria Dreamwalker using Captain Arnath? He runs out of mana when I try .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    An unglyphed AMS absorbs 75% of incoming magic damage, up to a maximum of 50% of your current maximum health.

A glyphed AMS absorbs 100% of incoming magic damage, up to a maximum of 50% of your current maximum health.

They're both capped at 50% of your health and as such will only ever absorb that much in any given situation. The difference in practice happens when damage doesn't exceed 50% of your health which is when a glyphed AMS wins.

There actually cases where you may want to leave AMS unglyphed where damage intake is massive and you want to prolong getting debuffed for as long as possible.
    Ahhh, okay makes senes then, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Has anyone tried doing Valithria Dreamwalker using Captain Arnath? He runs out of mana when I try .
    had the same thing occur

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    Thread requires ponies.

Any idea which of the current tier bosses will be falling in the future? Most of them don't look doable during MoP, or I could be vastly uninformed.
    Ponies you say?
    We shall have ponies then.

Also, looking good on the guide Mione. Which reminds me I still need to go check Halfus' drake setup for this week, I completely forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Onyxia mount drop has been buffed. There has been an insane amount of drops since 5.1 hit, and by insane I mean that there has ALOT.
    Why dont I have it yet then

Sneaking in that thread sub ^.^