Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorhelm View Post
    I've recently decided to try and solo the rest of my Shadowfrost shards in ICC but am having some trouble with Lady Deathwhisper - more specifically the adds that drop Curse of Torpar on you.
    Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this? I'm using the pillars to try and LoS them but more often than not I get hit with one or two per round of adds and it's pretty tough to make a come back after that. My gear isn't great and I'm doing it in full dps (ilvl 462). Any tricks/hints would be much appreciated.
    First thing - MC the Reanimated Fanatic.

About the adds themselves, looking from the boss to the entrance of the room, DG the further add on the left, LoS the ones on the right so they come closer, use GG and spam the shit out of Blood Boil while keeping Adherent as your target to interrupt the Curse. It also helps to place DnD next to the pillar + I'm using AMS there but not sure if it does anything. Sometimes (especially when DRW is up) you burn through the adds so fast that they don't get to cast the Curse, sometimes you get lucky and the Curse gets resisted and sometimes rng shits on you and you get Curse or 2 in a row. In that case, it's important to remember o kill Deformed Fanatics (the ones looking like transformed ghoul) cause they pack 100k per punch and with DS on 15s cd, it gets nasty.

Good thing is, the MC'd guy sits on boss pretty much all the time and he hits like a motherfucker so you can burn through the shield relatively fast and once the shield is gone, p2 is a faceroll provided you still grip and burn down the Adherents asap.

The fight can be tricky but it gets easier once you get the hang of it.

PS. Try working on your gear, with 504 ilvl and MCing the add, I stil end up ~a minute before the berserk, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how many Curses I get.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-01-23 at 10:12 AM.

credits: Supernerd

Hello all! Just had a question about ICC.

I haven't really had any trouble until I tried Prof Putricide on 25man normal, I hit enrage every time... Is there some sort of mechanic I should be using to beat the enrage timer?

I've been attempting it as Blood in DPS (497) gear o.O

Ta!
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Hello all! Just had a question about ICC.

I haven't really had any trouble until I tried Prof Putricide on 25man normal, I hit enrage every time... Is there some sort of mechanic I should be using to beat the enrage timer?

I've been attempting it as Blood in DPS (497) gear o.O

Ta!
    Should be very simple with that gear, but if you can't beat it, pick up a scientist.

Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

Didn't someone make a macro in the last thread for Plague Scientist to cast the damage buff without changing targets? Think someone did a similar thing for the first wing spider's heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Didn't someone make a macro in the last thread for Plague Scientist to cast the damage buff without changing targets? Think someone did a similar thing for the first wing spider's heal.
    Code:
    /cast [@player] Plague Stream

If that doesn't work, this will:
    Code:
    /target player
    /cast Plague Stream
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-01-23 at 03:58 PM.
    Vereesa of Paragon, formerly of Depraved
    WCL

Minor question, what Meta-gem do you recommend to use (in general) :-)?

I believe in 5.2 it will be pretty easier to solo stuff, since the dps bonus tier also will work for blood, also we will have a new legendary gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Minor question, what Meta-gem do you recommend to use (in general) :-)?
    the DPS one.
    Austere or Effulgent when survivability is an issue.
    on another note, did northrend beasts 25H ~_~

ahahaha, factions champs 25H killed 9 minutes before server restart. 2hours to get them oom ;_;
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-01-25 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    I believe in 5.2 it will be pretty easier to solo stuff, since the dps bonus tier also will work for blood, also we will have a new legendary gem.
    And you'll have higher ilvl.. Which is more important than the new legendary gem.

Quick question: How would one go about doing 25 man blood queen? While soloing does she not mind control someone? And also what type of dps should I be pulling to make a kill before berserk? Currently sitting at 490 ilvl. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    Quick question: How would one go about doing 25 man blood queen? While soloing does she not mind control someone? And also what type of dps should I be pulling to make a kill before berserk? Currently sitting at 490 ilvl. Thanks!
    She will MC you, which is the problem. The berserk is easily doable at 90, but the MC timer (65-70 seconds) is what gets you. Not sure on the exact numbers you need to pull, but 490 dps gear should be enough if you still have the plague scientists. If you don't have those, you're out of luck.

Currently making my way through Ulduar 25 normal modes, downed everything up to the Keepers as well as Freya, but my Mimiron attempt didn't turn out very well, as I hit berserk right when I went into the last phase. I'm sitting at 480 iLevel at the moment. Am I missing something important, or is Mimiron 25 simply way out of my league for now?

Given how Mimiron went, and looking at the HP of Thorim/Hodir and their Berserk timers, should I even bother with them at my current gear level?

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    He has a very low mana pool and extremely expensive heals. Use control undead on a paladin/priest severed essence.

What about those Deathspeaker Disciples?

Also, what happens when you control a Vengeful Fleshreaper?

Hiya

firstly can I say many thanks for this thread and for the previous threads on DK soloing.

The new spreadsheet is very nice, and a much more compact way of presenting the thread.

However, I have found that some information is missing from this thread that was in the previous one. For example, boss strategies. Whilst I'm sure that since MOP, many DKs have found that their raw stats allow them to overpower many more bosses, I still feel that some require the old strats, and the old thread was a brilliant place to find these.

For example - on Kael'thas in TK, I still feel the need to kite the first two adds, otherwise i just end up continuously CC'd. However, I don't kite them all the way to the door, just to one of the eastern or western boss rooms, this gives me enough time to get the other two adds down before they arrive to CC me.

Is there any chance of keeping a link to the old info? It seems such a shame to lose such a brilliant compendium of the old strats. Somebody who is new to blood dk soloing and just clicks on this thread may be missing that old information.

Ta
    Foo

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    What about those Deathspeaker Disciples?

Also, what happens when you control a Vengeful Fleshreaper?
    The Disciples can't be taken through a loading screen (after Saurfang) and the Fleshreapers were fixed a while ago so they no longer deal absurd damage.
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Fooicus View Post
    Hiya

firstly can I say many thanks for this thread and for the previous threads on DK soloing.

The new spreadsheet is very nice, and a much more compact way of presenting the thread.

However, I have found that some information is missing from this thread that was in the previous one. For example, boss strategies. Whilst I'm sure that since MOP, many DKs have found that their raw stats allow them to overpower many more bosses, I still feel that some require the old strats, and the old thread was a brilliant place to find these.

For example - on Kael'thas in TK, I still feel the need to kite the first two adds, otherwise i just end up continuously CC'd. However, I don't kite them all the way to the door, just to one of the eastern or western boss rooms, this gives me enough time to get the other two adds down before they arrive to CC me.

Is there any chance of keeping a link to the old info? It seems such a shame to lose such a brilliant compendium of the old strats. Somebody who is new to blood dk soloing and just clicks on this thread may be missing that old information.

Ta
    Foo
    The link to the previous thread is right at the top of the post. That being said, I see your point and there might be a better way.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-01-26 at 05:04 PM.

Looks awesome! By being fairly new to the blood dk community, I find this very interesting and much more clearer than the 2.0. Thanks everyone ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    While this is a thread dedicated to solo, I want to ask something about 2 manning a raid: ICC25 Heroic. We're a blood death knight and retribution paladin (can switch to other classes for bosses like Valithria) using mostly LFR and Valor gear, with upgrades on crucial pieces such as weapons and trinkets. I was wondering if the two of us could clear ICC25 in Heroic mode both to farm for Invincible, and for our Shadowmournes, considering I saw a screen a few days ago of a 4-man group who did the Lich King. I'm mostly wondering about logistical issues on certain mechanics and other similar things.

While at a glance I'd say we could tackle it with relatively low difficulty, I am, however, still curious on getting opinions from people more experienced than myself.

For reference: we did most of 10 man (with some heroics) while the death knight was level 85 and I still had some blues here and there (this was before 5.1 and the upgrade system), with pretty much no issues, and I have checked the list Mione posted in the OP. I'm confident that we'd be able to do it, but again, having outside opinions won't hurt.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-26 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Can a pally really do all of the MoP raids? Might have to try that so I can DE the epics. My new one is 76 so should be 80 soon unless they are nerfing this in 5.2. Or does it take 345643567 hours to clear each one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Can a pally really do all of the MoP raids? Might have to try that so I can DE the epics. My new one is 76 so should be 80 soon unless they are nerfing this in 5.2. Or does it take 345643567 hours to clear each one?
    Been hotfixed a few weeks ago
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !