Page 11 of 260 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    On normal adds dont actually damage the boss, right? which means its basically just suppresors. Enrage just quickens add summons but on 10m it's virtually impossible to die, I don't think you will ever get "overwhelmed". I think it's already technically soloable (bandages...) but you'd spend a loooooooong time, hours!

If she gets damage from adds on normal, doubt we will ever be able to solo it unless you somehow manage to get a control undead spider from marrowgar trash to her, or control undead an essence from a priest or paladin friend.
    Blazing Skeletons and the Liches will damage her in normal mode at the very least, not sure if the other mobs deal damage to her if there's no player on their aggro table.

If you enter the Dream Portal without at least one person outside, she resets. I'm going to guess that Dreamwalker won't be soloable by DKs unless we get some form of targeted heal. We can outlast the berserk just fine, however Dreamwalker will eventually succumb to the AoE from the masses of liches/blazings alive at that point, not the mention the suppressers that would need to be taken care of if you ever wanted to try to heal her.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    I can't see the worms doing even close to enough healing to heal her before you get overwhelmed by adds.
    They'll be healing for about 9 times as much as on live. Its possible it will be enough.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does your minion count?

Also, if Blizzard buffs Captain Arnath's mana pool, we should be able to solo Dreamwalker without much issue.

I'd have a question about trinket choice again, and would like an answer from really expert soloists (mionelol\raegwyn\avanger, etc.): for dps as blood, having these 3:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86144
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93261

Which one do you think I should leave out? Since haste is more important than crit, I would think about leaving out the 496 with strength and crit, but I'm not sure if the bit more strength makes up for it.

Once again, only talking of dps in blood spec, not taking frost into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I'd have a question about trinket choice again, and would like an answer from really expert soloists (mionelol\raegwyn\avanger, etc.): for dps as blood, having these 3:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86144
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93261

Which one do you think I should leave out? Since haste is more important than crit, I would think about leaving out the 496 with strength and crit, but I'm not sure if the bit more strength makes up for it.

Once again, only talking of dps in blood spec, not taking frost into account.
    Iron Belly Wok = Passive Strength and on use Haste
    Skullrender/Helmbreaker = 80 more Strength and on use ~5% crit versus

I'd say the Iron Belly Wok is better but both or worse than a double upgraded Relic of Xuen.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about if you add Darkmist Vortex (ilvl 496) and the un-upgraded Darkmoon Card to the comaprison?
    Or in other words:
    489 Lei Shen's Order
    496 Darkmist Vortex
    or 476 Relic of Xuen

Does Relic of Xuen still trump Darkmist Vortex? Or which one would YOU choose from those 3?
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    IF you can't get a darkmood card for some reason (why?)
    Hmm.. gold ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    What about if you add Darkmist Vortex (ilvl 496) and the un-upgraded Darkmoon Card to the comaprison?
    Or in other words:
    489 Lei Shen's Order
    496 Darkmist Vortex
    or 476 Relic of Xuen

Does Relic of Xuen still trump Darkmist Vortex? Or which one would YOU choose from those 3?
    From a DPS standpoint, the 476 Xuen is better. Survival might favor the 496 Vortex though. Still, you may as well double upgrade the Xuen since 5.2 looks to be getting pushed back from the original Feb. 26 release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Lei Shen and a darkmoon card. IF you can't get a darkmood card for some reason (why?) the crit one will be stronger from a pure DPS standpoint, but as always, haste is cool for survival and allows you to wear more dps gear yadda yadda.
    Ah, ok, thanks, then I'll replace the iron belly wok with the crit one.

As for darkmoon cards, since also one said it was a gold problem, well, I have 500k, but since I made ALL of these with raid farming before 5.0.4 and I hate playing AH or other ways of farming, I don't want to spend 20k on an item (don't have inscription) I can't get back in a week like I used to do with raid farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Ah, ok, thanks, then I'll replace the iron belly wok with the crit one.

As for darkmoon cards, since also one said it was a gold problem, well, I have 500k, but since I made ALL of these with raid farming before 5.0.4 and I hate playing AH or other ways of farming, I don't want to spend 20k on an item (don't have inscription) I can't get back in a week like I used to do with raid farming.
    It's not really worth it this late into 5.1. Nearly every 5.2 LFR trinket is better than Lei Shin's and Relic.

Deleted
    Hello fellow Death Knights!

My DK is finally on 90 and I'm starting to gear up just to solo Firelands. On spreadsheet some bosses have 490/500 req ilvl notes - but my question is : dps or tank gear? Also what about the other bosses? I mean Shannox,Alysrazor,Beth'tilac and Rhyolith. How much (and which - dps or tank) ilvl I need for those?

Nearly everything is soloed in mostly dps gear. I havnt done these bosses myself, but I know that the real gear requirement is Majordomo Staghelm. The rest should be a lot easier in comparison, but I cannot provide pointers for you.

Where can I find detailed tactics on soloing ICC 25 man? Looking to start farming Shadowmourne. I was doing 10N last night and it was ridiculously easy until I forgot to grab the rocket pack and sat there forever as my ship died

Deleted
    What I can give you (assuming 25 normal) :

- Marrowgar : very easy, pull him with all the trash (except the nerubian spiders, kill them) and he should go down very quickly.
    - Deathwisper : kinda easy, but the Curse of Torpor is annoying. What I do is pop army at the beginning and burn all my cooldowns onto the shield (I also pop AMS when the first Adherents are getting in range). When I have the Curse I simply kill the Adherents (they don't have that much health, auto-attack and some Blood Boil are good enough).
    - Lootship : do it in 10-man
    - Saurfang : quite easy, but depends highly on your gear. I usually kill him with a few seconds left on the enrage (I still have a shitty blue 2-Hand, Sha of Fear's Shin'Ka never drops) but the fight is easy : always have your blood shield. The adds are not very dangerous, blood boil with DnD (when you have the proc) and they should go down quickly too.
    - Rotface : you can't wipe. Seriously.
    - Festergut : Enrage timer can be tricky, so use control undead on a Plague Scientist and use Plague Stream on you . Have a bossmod add-on for the cooldown on Gastric Bloat, and use AMS one or two seconds before the 9th stack is applied.
    - Putricide : Not very hard, use a Plague Scientist for confort. The adds are bugged, they are inactive during all of the fight, and odds are that when phase 3 begins they will all be attacking you. Don't hesitate to use a defensive cooldown. Watch out for the Malleable Goo, this can be a real pain. However you can AMS it.
    - Blood Princes : Not that hard, you can bring a Plague Scientist, but they don't have much health. Use the same tactics as when the fight was current content and it shouldn't cause you any issues.
    - Lana'Thel : not everyone has Mione's gear, so go in 10-man and nuke her with a Plague Scientist.
    - Valithria : bring some friends.
    - Sindragosa : haven't tried her yet, but she should die without issues with a Plague Scientist.
    - LK : not very hard. In phase 1 target LK, your diseases should kill the ghouls. When the transition comes, stand where LK is, and attack him. Be careful of the Ice Spheres. With all the damage you'll be taking, your Vengeance should top meters and you might be able to take 10% of LK's health. Use a defensive cooldown. In phase 2 kill the Raging Spirits and return to LK (Shambling Horrors can be left alive -> more Vengeance). Stand in Defiles to have even more Vengeance. Do the same thing in the p2->p3 transition as you have done with p1->p2. In phase 3, eat the Vile Spirits or AMS them, you should have lots of Vengeance. Otherwise kinda easy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    What I can give you (assuming 25 normal) :

- Marrowgar : very easy, pull him with all the trash (except the nerubian spiders, kill them) and he should go down very quickly.
    - Deathwisper : kinda easy, but the Curse of Torpor is annoying. What I do is pop army at the beginning and burn all my cooldowns onto the shield (I also pop AMS when the first Adherents are getting in range). When I have the Curse I simply kill the Adherents (they don't have that much health, auto-attack and some Blood Boil are good enough).
    - Lootship : do it in 10-man
    - Saurfang : quite easy, but depends highly on your gear. I usually kill him with a few seconds left on the enrage (I still have a shitty blue 2-Hand, Sha of Fear's Shin'Ka never drops) but the fight is easy : always have your blood shield. The adds are not very dangerous, blood boil with DnD (when you have the proc) and they should go down quickly too.
    - Rotface : you can't wipe. Seriously.
    - Festergut : Enrage timer can be tricky, so use control undead on a Plague Scientist and use Plague Stream on you . Have a bossmod add-on for the cooldown on Gastric Bloat, and use AMS one or two seconds before the 9th stack is applied.
    - Putricide : Not very hard, use a Plague Scientist for confort. The adds are bugged, they are inactive during all of the fight, and odds are that when phase 3 begins they will all be attacking you. Don't hesitate to use a defensive cooldown. Watch out for the Malleable Goo, this can be a real pain. However you can AMS it.
    - Blood Princes : Not that hard, you can bring a Plague Scientist, but they don't have much health. Use the same tactics as when the fight was current content and it shouldn't cause you any issues.
    - Lana'Thel : not everyone has Mione's gear, so go in 10-man and nuke her with a Plague Scientist.
    - Valithria : bring some friends.
    - Sindragosa : haven't tried her yet, but she should die without issues with a Plague Scientist.
    - LK : not very hard. In phase 1 target LK, your diseases should kill the ghouls. When the transition comes, stand where LK is, and attack him. Be careful of the Ice Spheres. With all the damage you'll be taking, your Vengeance should top meters and you might be able to take 10% of LK's health. Use a defensive cooldown. In phase 2 kill the Raging Spirits and return to LK (Shambling Horrors can be left alive -> more Vengeance). Stand in Defiles to have even more Vengeance. Do the same thing in the p2->p3 transition as you have done with p1->p2. In phase 3, eat the Vile Spirits or AMS them, you should have lots of Vengeance. Otherwise kinda easy fight.
    Thanks a lot.

Quick Question is Heroic Omnitron 10 man soloable?
    Im actually not funny, im just really mean and people think im joking.

Deleted
    @Jljek : Oh, I forgot to mention that you should do Plague Wing after having done Blood and Frost Wing, unless you plan to do the instance on one go. If you kill Putricide, log out and go back later in ICC there won't be Plague Scientists left (mistake I did this week, first week that I'm able to farm Shadowfrost Shards, I cleared Plague Wing first and had to log off..).

@Siluz : Mione flagged it as doable

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    @Siluz : Mione flagged it as doable
    but he can do anything :P can normal people do it?
    Im actually not funny, im just really mean and people think im joking.

I have been watching this youtube kill on how to kill thorim. Can't post the link but it's the one done be MrSuperLich.

Instead of engineering or dark flight, I have been using swift boots. I followed this guys strategy exactly, in terms of positioning and killed the captain around the same spot as him but I just can't engage thorim once I kill the captain. This has happened about 10 times and it's frustrating since swift boot has a 20 min cooldown. I've ran past thorim, jumped off the platform and thorim follows however, shortly after he despawns.

I know this is going hard to ask but are there any experience DK's who has successfully killed thorim that could give me some pointers on what I am doing wrong?