Deleted
    Ah, didn't know about the 1 million damage. I just assumed it would be a guaranteed kill, but I guess this is how they chose to implement that.

Thanks, learn something new every day

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Indeed, noticed this while soloing sha of doubt at 85-86-87 for dk levelling: even if sha of doubt has a decent magic damage from touch of nothingness, it still does some melee damage, and I found out that DS + death pact was still superior to death siphon.

Now for a more serious question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrh1sEO35Pc Monk solo Stone Guard 10 Heroic

Think you would be able to do this, or are we inferior to monks on this fight? I think survival may be a problem as they scale with vengeance, but no idea if it's possible, not done the normal version myself.
    Nope, not possible for now. While Monks have terrible single-target damage while soloing (relative to Death Knights) their damage on multiple targets is much better. Also, you have better Vengeance scaling as a monk, etc. Normal mode requires a 530 ilevel as a DK, so. . .

Next tier, however, it will definitely die along with a number of MoP bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbrocker View Post
    Does anyone know off the top of their heads how much dps is needed to kill festergut 25 HM before 10 stacks assuming correct ams usage?
    It's fricken random as all hell. I killed him one week with 312k dps. Then the next week I couldnt kill him with 380k dps. It's all on the random numbers of getting gastric bloat charges. He's actually going to become exceptionally easy in 5.4 with the new ams glyph though.

10 attempts, got yor'sahj 25 normal; I know it's already been updated on the list, but just wanted to link it cause it was surprisingly challenging (reason: void bolt stacks way higher, up to 170k shadow damage every 2 sec on 25-man), at least in TOT normal gear (534 dps), and forced me to use full dps gear to beat the enrage while using full hp buffs to survive the dot. Tried pulling 3 trash mobs, speeded up the first 40% of the fight, but just couldn't outheal the rest.

Suppose 25 heroic won't be doable yet even in the best gear cause void bolts ticks for double compared to 25 normal, and the hp being like 150 vs 90 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    10 attempts, got yor'sahj 25 normal; I know it's already been updated on the list, but just wanted to link it cause it was surprisingly challenging (reason: void bolt stacks way higher, up to 170k shadow damage every 2 sec on 25-man), at least in TOT normal gear (534 dps), and forced me to use full dps gear to beat the enrage while using full hp buffs to survive the dot. Tried pulling 3 trash mobs, speeded up the first 40% of the fight, but just couldn't outheal the rest.

Suppose 25 heroic won't be doable yet even in the best gear cause void bolts ticks for double compared to 25 normal, and the hp being like 150 vs 90 mil.
    Maybe try Conversion with a Parry/Dodge build? I know Warriors should be able to do it next patch due to how ridiculous the healing from T16 2 set is with Sbar.

Solo:Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 25 man (Heroic) youtube.com/watch?v=YiDhAS4SmOM&feature=youtu.be

Damn, maybe I should take up my old DK Again!

Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    Solo:Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 25 man (Heroic) youtube.com/watch?v=YiDhAS4SmOM&feature=youtu.be
    Great job once again, watching it now. Ahhh, you used death siphon, great idea as it scales with vengeance and it's almost all magic damage there. So we're the slowest tank class at soloing him, but we still can!

@Trubo: not sure about conversion, but warriors already did it! They pull all the trash, and get so insane vengeance that shield barrier absorbs like 1 million and so they don't take damage. I noticed that once the adds die, they survivability drops as well. Same for prot paladins, they pull all mobs + yor'sahj 25 heroic and kill it in 2 mins or so and they even reach vengeance cap, he had 710k+ vengeance, which was his total hp.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2013-09-03 at 03:53 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vengeance is just a broken mechanic, in general.

Have Challenge Modes been forgotten or something? I've been lurking this thread now and then and decided to register here.

I haven't seen any videos of Strife and Peril being soloed, which I did quite a while ago. Video: /watch?v=WkALXzkgomo . I also killed wise Mari, but I think a lot of people have him down since he is more or less faceroll.
    I also wonder if the next Expansion will make CMs easier to solo, for the higher level should give you higher stats and only the gear gets scaled down; you thus should have a small bonus that could make bosses like the first one in spm possible (right now I only got him to Ph.2 once, but that was all :/)

Guys, what do you think about my DK? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A%D1%81/simple
    Good enough to do HC25 LichKing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesar View Post
    Guys, what do you think about my DK? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A%D1%81/simple
    Good enough to do HC25 LichKing?
    Yes, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Yes, you'll be fine.
    Thanks, going to give it a try right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Have Challenge Modes been forgotten or something? I've been lurking this thread now and then and decided to register here.

I haven't seen any videos of Strife and Peril being soloed, which I did quite a while ago. Video: /watch?v=WkALXzkgomo . I also killed wise Mari, but I think a lot of people have him down since he is more or less faceroll.
    I also wonder if the next Expansion will make CMs easier to solo, for the higher level should give you higher stats and only the gear gets scaled down; you thus should have a small bonus that could make bosses like the first one in spm possible (right now I only got him to Ph.2 once, but that was all :/)
    well they apparently have the tech to scale levels now, so it should be the same.
    Although if they didn't it would probably be more difficult at higher level. Your ratings % would be severely lower at 90 than 85 with the same ilvl

So they hotfixed the salyin battle banner today, just tried to use in throne of thunder and I got a message saying "You can't use that in a raid instance."

No more surviving through wipes. That sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not as sad missing that feature as making Yogg-25+0 impossible again. They really should change the fight to be as consistent as 10m... Though even if they'll do it it'll take years.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Not as sad missing that feature as making Yogg-25+0 impossible again. They really should change the fight to be as consistent as 10m... Though even if they'll do it it'll take years.
    It's still possible, it'll just take maybe 100 attempts per week (unless you're a night elf, in which case everything will work just as before).

This is why I would buy every guaranteed mount and recommend to do so to everyone. Miss Kor'kron scorp from Garrosh in 5.4 - and you will have a lot of problems getting it with 1% dropchance.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    This is why I would buy every guaranteed mount and recommend to do so to everyone. Miss Kor'kron scorp from Garrosh in 5.4 - and you will have a lot of problems getting it with 1% dropchance.
    Not everyone will kill garosh in 5.4 Not everyone has enough gold to b e carryied. And this is a solo thread what does that mount have any revelance to this thread?
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?