Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Is it impossible to kill Festergut 25 now that you can't drop the stacks with AMS?
    Gave him a go last week
    I had 510 gear dps in blood spec
    I had to really push to make the timer in the end he died and so did I simutaneously wich sucked cause I had to open a ticket for the loot

I averaged a 270k dps using the regular buffs + army prepot+hero at start ( tried saving hero for more stacks but it didnt work as well)
    Also use the scientist if you already dont.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    Gave him a go last week
    I had 510 gear dps in blood spec
    I had to really push to make the timer in the end he died and so did I simutaneously wich sucked cause I had to open a ticket for the loot

I averaged a 270k dps using the regular buffs + army prepot+hero at start ( tried saving hero for more stacks but it didnt work as well)
    Also use the scientist if you already dont.
    Use a DPS specialization on that particular fight (I imagine the changes in 5.4 will have made it much easier) and try to get stacks of Gastric Bloat on your ghouls/Plague Scientist.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Use Conversion instead, with last tier or this tier's gear one tick of Conversion is enough to get over 10k HP.
    Death Strike on double attacks, top yourself before the last phase, and that's it.
    Thanks! Conversion really helped :)

Did a couple bosses in DS the other day as frost, was its pretty much a zergfest now with the gear.

FatSharkYes - Shattered Hand EU (http://www.fatsharkyes.eu/)
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

Few questions to you awesome soloers, what kind of stats/talents/gear should one aim for with Soo out? I'd assume Thok trinket atleast, looking at Mione he's using blood tap, is it way better than RC for damage/survivability? Right now I run with 7.5 hit/exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery, sitting at 10500 haste (only access to lfr) and 21%ish crit... should I use blood tap, drop some haste and reforge mastery instead?

Edit: Also I socket str as main with haste as second, is straight crit gems much better dps? And what about the meta, with the nerf to the legendary dps one, should you use the old str/crit dmg one instead?
    Last edited by Tamlin; 2013-10-19 at 10:13 PM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post
    Few questions to you awesome soloers, what kind of stats/talents/gear should one aim for with Soo out? I'd assume Thok trinket atleast, looking at Mione he's using blood tap, is it way better than RC for damage/survivability? Right now I run with 7.5 hit/exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery, sitting at 10500 haste (only access to lfr) and 21%ish crit... should I use blood tap, drop some haste and reforge mastery instead?

Edit: Also I socket str as main with haste as second, is straight crit gems much better dps? And what about the meta, with the nerf to the legendary dps one, should you use the old str/crit dmg one instead?

Use whatever rune talent you're comfortable with - Blood Tap isn't a DPS increase unless you play it right, and even then it's somewhat small.
    Don't reforge to mastery unless you're trying a boss like the Stone Guard, and even then you will want a judicious amount of critical strike reforging.
    Don't even think of using the non-legendary meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    @Mionee have you thought about giving Garalon LFR another try since you managed to get it to 40% before, or don't you think it's worth a try for whatever reason?
    That would be kinda boring imo; Garalon doesn't even do anything interesting, or even threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    That would be kinda boring imo; Garalon doesn't even do anything interesting, or even threatening.
    Well I just rembered it after I saw the tortos video and thought I could ask.

I'm ready to solo LK 25 heroic on my alt DK.

What's the stat itemisation for max dmg output as blood?

Thanks
    Last edited by Shibuya; 2013-10-20 at 04:51 PM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Thanks
    Full critical strike reforges.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Ultraxion 10N (just care about the mount).
    A little bit after the first HoT, he'll just blow up on me.

I've watched multiple videos of solo kills, and it doesn't look like anyone's doing anything special.
    I'm sitting at 550 on my dps gear, way ahead of enrage, and he hits me for nothing.

I'm actually soaking HoT (AMS absorbs it all, not that my HP is ever in danger).

Does anyone have any clue as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rho View Post

I've watched multiple videos of solo kills, and it doesn't look like anyone's doing anything special.
    I'm sitting at 550 on my dps gear, way ahead of enrage, and he hits me for nothing.

I'm actually soaking HoT (AMS absorbs it all, not that my HP is ever in danger).

Thanks in advance!
    Are you using the button thing for Fading Light? I believe it's insta-death if it hits you, you have to be in the normal realm to avoid it. Only thing I can think of, I manage it fine at 520 ilvl.

Thanks in advance!
    Sounds alot like you let Fading Light expire. You should read the in-game dungeon journal about Ultraxion to know more about his abilities. Also I recommend using Cata's DBM for the Fading Light warning and timer. Without addons it's very easy to miss one and it's an instant wipe.

sorry for asking this but reading through the posts regarding that matter didnt give me a clear answer..

so i've got "thoks tail whip" from flex, as well as normal "gaze of the twins" and the primordius trinket, both upgraded to ilvl 530. i'm currently using thok + primordius trinket but i'm not sure if this would be the best combination.

thanks

Thanks in advance!
    He was even easily doable with ~500, so it is probably the Fading Light. It's a debuff that onehits you when it runs out, so just use your button 1-2sec before it runs out.

I totally forgot about fading light >.<;

The saddest part is, I looked at the DJ and it wasn't rining any bells, and I've cleared DS on heroic while it was current content...

Thanks guys <3
    Last edited by Rho; 2013-10-21 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    sorry for asking this but reading through the posts regarding that matter didnt give me a clear answer..

so i've got "thoks tail whip" from flex, as well as normal "gaze of the twins" and the primordius trinket, both upgraded to ilvl 530. i'm currently using thok + primordius trinket but i'm not sure if this would be the best combination.

thanks
    Thoks + primordius

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Thanks
    Basically the same stats / gear / gems you have for 2-hand Frost - which is a focus on Crit.

I've cleared DS on heroic while it was current content...
    So now clear it again :>

Hey guys,

Im verry new when it comes to solo old raid content that gives big challenge. Normally i just had fun with old raids like BT and Sunwell, but after reading this i just wanted to test what i could do ^^ so i went for the shadowmourne quest line. I could solo everything pretty easy till i came to festergut. I couldnt do it alone so a friend of mine came to help me. Now im on the other quest part where i need to kill putricide.
    But here is where it goes wrong, i cant get the DPS out of the blood specc (enrage when i have putri on around 15-20%). I dont have pro gear i must say (ToT LFR gear), but i was wondering where i need to focus on, DPS gear in Blood specc? I just ask this because i saw a video on youtube from a guy that could do it easly before the enrage timer and he did it 9 montths ago, so probably he will have the same gear as me.
    Can you give me tips when it comes to specc, talents, gear wise
    Last edited by Vulpturius; 2013-10-21 at 07:54 PM.