Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    I ran through AQ40 and used the first two random 1h that dropped, so it doesn't really matter as long as it is low. Obv the faster, the better, but the difference is probably not that high.
    Also, heart strike is your friend!
    Well, if you can get some extra stamina on them that's a bonus.

Of course, but still the fight is np for anyone with some gear. More stam surely makes it faster, but nothing more.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

how are moonfang and the darkmoon rabbit for soloing? judging by abilities it looks like moonfang is and rabbits bite might pose problems unless theres a way to live it that someone knows about and i dont

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    how are moonfang and the darkmoon rabbit for soloing? judging by abilities it looks like moonfang is and rabbits bite might pose problems unless theres a way to live it that someone knows about and i dont
    Looking at the wowhead comments, the mind control from Moonfang can target the tank. If that's the case I assume the fight will reset as with most mind controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Looking at the wowhead comments, the mind control from Moonfang can target the tank. If that's the case I assume the fight will reset as with most mind controls.
    k i just tried it got moonfang to like 80%

doesnt MC me if im solo

i can survive the first stun rape with human trnket

2nd with purgatory + pet sac

3rd with IBF i usualy still die i dont think it mitigates it and it doesnt prevent the stun

i think its % health based but if you could somehow live it then moonfang would be soloable

cant get rabbit to spawn to try it, btu immagine a soloable rabbit = free 50k+ on most servers

Deleted
    i look at the spreadsheet and i dont see

"killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"

for the rest of the bosses
    Doesn't rreally matter that much who did it first, just matters that they are ncie enough to show the rest what to do so they can have a go.

Sooo. I want some more challnging solos. Anyone got any ideas for me to do with my ilvl? Armory is in sig. Thans in advance!
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Sooo. I want some more challnging solos. Anyone got any ideas for me to do with my ilvl? Armory is in sig. Thans in advance!
    sha of fear

actual solo of course, either solo the buff or no buff

sha of fear

actual solo of course, either solo the buff or no buff
    Shall be offical. MOST IRONIC SOLO EVER. Fear (my char) vs Sha of Fear. Now to get a lockout somehow
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    - Nothing seems to work for p2
    I would love to know what you tried because I don't see any reasonable way to hope for a kill.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Brought heroic sha of Fear to p2.
    two things to note:
    - The DPS check for p1 is very slightly tighter on heroic. Vengeance is barely higher, but you completely lose out on soul reapers. Ultimately not a big deal, but I got to p2 with 40 secs left, against 1min30s~ on normal mode. That's with the exact same gear setup between both kills, by the way.
    - Nothing seems to work for p2
    I've heard that the reason you can't do Phase 2 is because you get killed by the adds, right?

After reading the Sha of Fear article on Icy Veins, it seems that the Dread Spawns are the adds that you mentioned - why can't you just not stand in the light in the transition, not gain a Pure Light buff at all, and avoid being fixated on?

Sorry for my ignorance (there's some flaw with my reasoning obviously), but I never did this fight on a non-LFR difficulty, so. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    After reading the Sha of Fear article on Icy Veins, it seems that the Dread Spawns are the adds that you mentioned - why can't you just not stand in the light in the transition and avoid being fixated on?
    In Phase II of Heroic Sha, there is no "column" of Light to stand in- the current Champion of Light gets a buff that immobilises them and causes the adds to fixate onto them. With a full raid group, it's fairly easy to simply toss the buff around so that the adds fixate on a new target every few seconds, etc.
    When soloing however, you're pretty much stuck in place. This not only leaves you unable to get rid of the fixating adds (which instantly kill you if they get to you), but also prevents you from moving out of things like Implacable Strike, the Sha's Submerge effect, etc.
    Essentially: Undoable unless you can get the Light onto another target which will preoccupy them the entire time.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Guys I've got a question regarding Yogg 0

In phase 2, how do i kill the constrictors very quickly? because they really take up my time, and those debuffing tentacles keep coming and coming untill I've got like 5 20% damage reduction debuffs and i keep getting stunned every 5 seconds.

And are you guys soloing yogg25 in frost or blood?

I would greatly appreciate your tips and tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Papier Light View Post
    Guys I've got a question regarding Yogg 0

In phase 2, how do i kill the constrictors very quickly? because they really take up my time, and those debuffing tentacles keep coming and coming untill I've got like 5 20% damage reduction debuffs and i keep getting stunned every 5 seconds.

And are you guys soloing yogg25 in frost or blood?

I would greatly appreciate your tips and tricks
    Only done it as Blood but Mione and others have reported it's doable as Frost but my understanding is that the gear check as Frost is 570+. To repost some of the tips Mione gave me:

1. Glyph Outbreak and use Pestilence (Blood Boil if using Roiling Blood) to spread diseases
    2. Unholy Blight as another way to damage Constrictors (to apply diseases)
    3. Glyph Regenerative Magic so as to use AMS more often.
    4. Blood Boil + Death & Decay are your only reliable ways to damage Constrictors outside of Diseases. However if there's another target in range you can try to Heart Strike cleave.

After the first Constrictor try to get to the Crusher and hit it 1-2 times; that'll prevent you from being targeted by another Constrictor for a few seconds. Sucks when the other tentacle spawns too far away to reliably hit it. If it's really bad just try to focus target the debuff one and auto-attack every few seconds the Crusher until Brain Portals (using AMS to prevent debuffs). Course if you don't push Brain then you're in for a world of pain after.

I have a few questions. I just recently started playing my DK again after a couple years break. Aside from tanking, my favorite thing to do is solo. Originally, I asked a DK friend in guild how to gear up and was told to go Haste/Mastery. After coming to the forums and reading more I'm seeing that, at least for tanking that avoidance builds are all the rage in 5.4. unfortunately, that means that before I came to the forums and found all of this new info out, I had my loot specialization set to Frost for a lot of loot rolls. Considering I've only been playing him again for a couple of weeks he isn't too badly geared, but I've run into a few issues soloing;

As I was trying to get comfortable soloing content before heading to harder stuff, I went with firelands 10n to start. I had no problems until I got to Baleroc. I can't seem to beat the enrage timer on him. In raids I'm doing over 100k right now but for some reason I can't push those numbers in older content. I know the parry build is putting out good dps in current content but is this the wrong gearing strat to go for with older content? Should I be gearing haste/crit instead to solo old content?

Also, a question about vengeance and BS and DS. Do either of these affect how much vengeance is generated? I was running a full BS most of the fight and full health with the exception of decimation blade strikes. Should I just be letting him beat me up? Given that DS is our hard hitter, that doesn't seem logical.

My toon is Entropicks on Area-52 horde side.

Thanks so much in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionPrime View Post
    I have a few questions. I just recently started playing my DK again after a couple years break. Aside from tanking, my favorite thing to do is solo. Originally, I asked a DK friend in guild how to gear up and was told to go Haste/Mastery. After coming to the forums and reading more I'm seeing that, at least for tanking that avoidance builds are all the rage in 5.4. unfortunately, that means that before I came to the forums and found all of this new info out, I had my loot specialization set to Frost for a lot of loot rolls. Considering I've only been playing him again for a couple of weeks he isn't too badly geared, but I've run into a few issues soloing;

As I was trying to get comfortable soloing content before heading to harder stuff, I went with firelands 10n to start. I had no problems until I got to Baleroc. I can't seem to beat the enrage timer on him. In raids I'm doing over 100k right now but for some reason I can't push those numbers in older content. I know the parry build is putting out good dps in current content but is this the wrong gearing strat to go for with older content? Should I be gearing haste/crit instead to solo old content?

Also, a question about vengeance and BS and DS. Do either of these affect how much vengeance is generated? I was running a full BS most of the fight and full health with the exception of decimation blade strikes. Should I just be letting him beat me up? Given that DS is our hard hitter, that doesn't seem logical.

for soloing you want to be entierly in DPS gear, theres some good info on the first post about gearing but ya haste/crit is basically what you want

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    for soloing you want to be entierly in DPS gear, theres some good info on the first post about gearing but ya haste/crit is basically what you want
    i solo ta 0-10% haste and am totally gcd locked, in many cases never even touching my blood runes, just spamming DS/RS back and forth

People are alive on my server O_o

I'm just using my unholy gear with tons of crit and it works fine. Tanking gear has its perks for some fights (Morchok, Nefarian, Ragnaros, but that's basically it)
    I don't really get the question about BS and DS though.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Absorbs do not currently have an impact on Vengeance generation. However if you're reliably capping your Blood Shield then you could afford to drop some Mastery for more Crit. For Baelroc you'd probably want a stat priority of 7.5% Hit + Expertise > Crit > Mastery (BS capping ) > Parry > Dodge > Haste > Mastery (excess).

Now on your attempts did he use the fire blade or shadow blade more often? I believe the later, while more dangerous to survive multiples, yields more vengeance but I might be wrong.

If you only struggle with the enrage on baleroc you can always use the alysrazor buffs to get 100%crit and +250%(?) haste for quite the dps boost.

In general surviving the decimation blade is the "challenging bit".