Congratulations, you crazy pony! <3
    Death Knight Blog
    Personal Blog

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

I want to watch that video so hard :>

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

game over!
    so how much of MSV has been solo'd?

So far Stone Guards, Feng and now this

That would be right.

I'm expecting Heroic Stone Guards and Spirit Kings to die by the end of the extension (got HC stone guards to like 15-20% in two attempts today before deciding the fight was too shit for my taste), and maybe Ji-Kun (but that'd be a snorefest jeez). All of these are purely gear checks with little to no interesting mechanics (Ji-Kun has a bit more, but meh.)
    I think MoP is mostly rounded up now :3 give expansion!
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-11-15 at 07:05 PM.

are there any fights youre trying to solo that you just arent tanky enough for? or are they all purely boring dps checks

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    are there any fights youre trying to solo that you just arent tanky enough for? or are they all purely boring dps checks
    Jin'Rohk is just pure dps check now, nothing to it really other than beating the berserk.

Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    MY DK

How about legit Sha of Fear? I mean without the Lei Shi buff that Raegwyn used to "solo" it

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    How about legit Sha of Fear? I mean without the Lei Shi buff that Raegwyn used to "solo" it
    Sha of Fear is simply another DPS check. All the buff did was allow him to kill him before enrage.
    Vereesa of Paragon, formerly of Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    Ji-Kun is purely a survival check with absolutely 0 DPS requirement. (the DPS required to kill eggs is laughable, and you can extend the fight as long as you want) There are no particular mechanics that help survive though, she just spams quills for 70k/s, so either you can outheal that or you can't.
    HC Stone Guard is a DPS check that sometimes kill me before enrage, but that's because I go with stupidly low amounts of mastery. It has no mechanic to play around with other than the tiles which you lighten up 24/7, it's straight numbers, both for survivability and DPS. You cannot game Vengeance anymore, Amethyst pools generate absurdly low Vengeance now compared to the Explosions(I'm not sure it even generates Vengeance at all since 5.4?) and you need to move to lighten up tiles anyway.
    Spirit Kings cannot kill you, other than p1. p1 is heavily influenced by parry RNG due to the fact he swings hard, but very slowly. If you don't parry at all you're taking loads of damage, but sometimes you don't take damage at all for an entire minute. /shrug
    Horridon probably isn't beatable DPS-wise but kills you way before the enrage anyway.
    Jin'rokh is a DPS check, but can kill you in the water pool if you have too low mastery and do not absorb the hits anymore. Has one single mechanic, otherwise it's a Patchwerk.
    Garalon should be tested, but it would probably kill you somewhat quickly. Enrage isn't a problem at all here.

I personally do not believe in 'boring' DPS check - if a DPS check ends up 'boring', then:
    - it's either a fight very close to Patchwerk (ie Yor'sahj, Sha, Baleroc, Majordomo, Patchwerk itself), in which case it's indeed boring but noone really cares about these fights anyway
    - or you're not taking enough risks to beat the enrage, which will in turn make survival interesting again.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-11-15 at 08:16 PM.

I was looking at the list of bosses that are solo-able. How do you do Conclave of the Wind? Would like to start farming the mount. I have a 568 ilvl.
    Last edited by skmage; 2013-11-15 at 08:23 PM.

With current heroic gear it's extremely easy as Frost, you just kill Anshal with every cooldown (pop AMS like 1s after the pull), then alternate between the wind and the frost guys (note: I didn't even alternate when I killed it that way, killed the wind guy in one set of runes+ERW. :/ ). Pick Death Siphon.
    If your gear level is lower you will maybe need a slightly more elaborate strategy. It's still probably doable as Frost with 550-560 gear though, any lower I'd go Blood since you won't be able to zerg it down.

As Blood the fight is way more complex as you obviously have less DPS and will have to drag the fight much longer and alternate between platforms a lot more, the overall strategy remains the same, but Anshal will revive eventually and you will need precise AMS usage at various points in the fight in order to survive. CBA trying to remember it though, especially since it's so easily zergable as Frost now :/

One good thing to know is that if plants are up on Anshal's platform, you need to make sure to kill these plants before leaving the platform, or the fight will reset. They shouldn't ever spawn anyway though.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-11-15 at 08:34 PM.

I am trying to farm Reigns of the Blazing Drake in Dragon Soul. I am fine doing everything up until Spine. The damn thing keeps rolling me. I can't find an area where it will level out. Any suggestions?

It won't ever level out, you need to go left and right and left and right and left and right and left and right and probably find a friend cause this fight is aids while solo between the grips and the constant left/right

Ji-Kun is purely a survival check with absolutely 0 DPS requirement. (the DPS required to kill eggs is laughable, and you can extend the fight as long as you want) There are no particular mechanics that help survive though, she just spams quills for 70k/s, so either you can outheal that or you can't.
    Saw something in the monk thread about that Ji-Kun started doing 3 nests at the time after 27 nests or so (could have been more) this should make is you can't drag it out super long

- - - Updated - - -

I think MoP is mostly rounded up now :3 give expansion!
    No more tries on CMs?

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    I was looking at the list of bosses that are solo-able. How do you do Conclave of the Wind? Would like to start farming the mount. I have a 568 ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    I am trying to farm Reigns of the Blazing Drake in Dragon Soul. I am fine doing everything up until Spine. The damn thing keeps rolling me. I can't find an area where it will level out. Any suggestions?
    I know it has been said many times, but:
    If you only want to farm this mounts it would be MUCH easier to simple save lockouts on your alt (or your friends char). Just kill 1|2 TotFW or 7|8 DS normal on that alt and every week prolong CD. Killing conclave/spine weekly is much more annoing IMO.

Is 'I've been waiting a long time for this' soloable on 10man? Maybe with an unholy pet to get the plague? You guys are 10x better at theorycrafting so help please, also not an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    Is 'I've been waiting a long time for this' soloable on 10man? Maybe with an unholy pet to get the plague? You guys are 10x better at theorycrafting so help please, also not an engineer.
    It's soloable as Blood but extremely boring. Just bring a healer, don't use diseases, hit BB once to generate snap threat (no weapon). Dispel the first 3-4 plagues away from adds so enough are alive, then proceed as normal. really nothing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    soloable
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    bring a healer
    k.

Does the debuff at Garalon have a cap or would it keep stacking forever?

Stood in the Fire
    Out of curiosity, are there any fights where AMZ trumps Lichborne?