Hello. I clear every week Ulduar with my DK and it gets annoying. Is there any possibility to keep my save at yogg only to kill him? I have my main, a 90 DK and a lvl 80 monk. Can i somehow save the monk and take the save back every week on my DK? If this is possible, pls tell me how. THank you very much.

Or better have a save on a lower level character, because i use my monk for herald and i want to run ulduar with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    Was this in some sort of Hotfix that requires realm restarts? I"m definitely still being zapped down randomly to about 28 sanity before portals open.

Also have issues with the crusher not preventing me from being constricted but that's something different and I"m assuming I just wasn't as close as I needed to be for that one.
    This was fixed long ago but only for 25 man, are you doing 10 man maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    This was fixed long ago but only for 25 man, are you doing 10 man maybe?
    yes I mistakenly had it in 10 man when I attempted it earlier. Realizing everything was dying too quickly and what not.

and I must say its ridiculous how close you have to be to the Crushers to not get constricted. If they spawn accross the room a simple snare makes the rocket boost not get you there in time before the next constrictor. I think i'm getting it down though.

- - - Updated - - -

I know most people tend to wait for higher item level before trying yogg but spent the better half of this morning working on him. I definitely don't have the damange to bring down the brain quick enough in 2 phases as blood but don't have the survivability to clean up/handle the immortals as frost or unholy during phase 3. (when doing it as dps specs I was remaining in frost/unholy pressence respectively, i'm assuming that's how they're done in dps) If there's one thing these attempts taught me is that it's been way too long since i've spent anytime as unholy spec.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    yes I mistakenly had it in 10 man when I attempted it earlier. Realizing everything was dying too quickly and what not.

and I must say its ridiculous how close you have to be to the Crushers to not get constricted. If they spawn accross the room a simple snare makes the rocket boost not get you there in time before the next constrictor. I think i'm getting it down though.

- - - Updated - - -

I know most people tend to wait for higher item level before trying yogg but spent the better half of this morning working on him. I definitely don't have the damange to bring down the brain quick enough in 2 phases as blood but don't have the survivability to clean up/handle the immortals as frost or unholy during phase 3. (when doing it as dps specs I was remaining in frost/unholy pressence respectively, i'm assuming that's how they're done in dps) If there's one thing these attempts taught me is that it's been way too long since i've spent anytime as unholy spec.
    Yes, that's how it's done. I personally always had troubles doing it as frost, took glyph of outbreak as well to put diseases on constrictors, but I had 564 when I killed it, 554 as blood and atm with 564 it's faster as frost and also more reliable, I just kite the adds backwards around yogg and keep dpsing him and he heals once, then he dies (during the healing actually), but at 554 I was getting destroyed by the adds, blood has been much more reliable back then.

finally got my first Yogg 25m alone in the darkness solo, felt so good

big thank you to everyone in this thread for all the advice and motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Yes, that's how it's done. I personally always had troubles doing it as frost, took glyph of outbreak as well to put diseases on constrictors, but I had 564 when I killed it, 554 as blood and atm with 564 it's faster as frost and also more reliable, I just kite the adds backwards around yogg and keep dpsing him and he heals once, then he dies (during the healing actually), but at 554 I was getting destroyed by the adds, blood has been much more reliable back then.
    yea right now I"m sitting at 528 since the new weapon upgrade so I'm no where near those item levels. I'm also sitting on too much mastery even after reforging so I could use a few pieces that don't have as much. I"m thinking of bringing a buddy in with me to yogg so I can still kill him in the mean time. My two options I was considering haven't seen the fight yet however so it'll be a bit to introduce them to.

I have a question regarding Maloriak: why does Death and Decay prevent the application of flash freeze on yourself? I could not find any hint about that in the description of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Halx View Post
    I have a question regarding Maloriak: why does Death and Decay prevent the application of flash freeze on yourself? I could not find any hint about that in the description of the spell.
    It does not prevent the application, it merely breaks the ice tomb with damage - it's attackable, normally someone else could just free you but since you are alone you need ground effect damage (or AMS) to get rid of it.

H LK 25 issues:

551 dps gear in blood spec . having issues with frostmourne chambers , especially targeting the adds . tried speccing to gorfiend grasp but didn't make a difference . any tricks/hints etc to make this phase shorter? (doing around - 160-210K , not hitting during remorsless winter)

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    H LK 25 issues:

551 dps gear in blood spec . having issues with frostmourne chambers , especially targeting the adds . tried speccing to gorfiend grasp but didn't make a difference . any tricks/hints etc to make this phase shorter? (doing around - 160-210K , not hitting during remorsless winter)
    You have to wait the whole 45 seconds on heroic difficulty. Just run around and don't get hit by them. Watch your timers and be sure to refresh your diseases/soul reaper before he sends you in there.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    H LK 25 issues:

On Heroic you have to sit in Frostmourne for a fixed amount of time. Just try to Death Strike the lower adds to keep a Bloodshield and your health topped off while Blood Boiling the excess down. I found that alt tabbing was generally good enough for what I needed down there, especially after a Blood Boil to remove the initial bunch of spirits.

The Patient
    I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out with Halion. The problem I'm having (this is 25N by the way @ilevel 520) is the Corporeality never works correctly. My DPS is sufficiently high enough to down even 25H easily with Corporeality increases, but the "invisible companions" only showed up on my first attempt (which I sadly had to end because of a RL obligation); Corporeality increased to 80-90% on this try. On subsequent attempts, he hovers between 30 and 50% corporeality, and I don't dare leave the Twilight Realm for fear of messing this up further.

The healing ensures that he stays at ~50% the entire fight.

i really like it its verry nice

Don't know if anyone tried it before , but LK25HC is easily soloable with DW Frost (probally with 2h and UH too). If someone already mentioned please delete this (I've done it in ilvl 556, but it died within 10 minutes, so i guess you dont need that superb gear for it). I've just simply killed every add in transition phases (wasnt dpsing LK in that), including the p1 adds, it was pretty straightforward, killed it on first attempt. It's faster then blood atleast for me, used Death Siphon with Blood Tap.
    Last edited by Jarg; 2014-02-24 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Don't know if anyone tried it before , but LK25HC is easily soloable with DW Frost (probally with 2h and UH too). If someone already mentioned please delete this (I've done it in ilvl 556, but it died within 10 minutes, so i guess you dont need that superb gear for it). I've just simply killed every add in transition phases (wasnt dpsing LK in that), including the p1 adds, it was pretty straightforward, killed it on first attempt. It's faster then blood atleast for me, used Death Siphon with Blood Tap.
    Agree with the feasibility and not being that hard in that gear level, but I just am not able to dps him in transition as frost, so I end up being few sec faster as blood, while being able to single target LK always ofc, which makes me prefer blood and dps gear.

@the one having troubles with halion: I soloed 25 hc in 534 item level in 5.3, more vengeance, I know, but if there's a thing I noticed is that you need to stay on the twilight realm and STOP DPS till it reaches 100% corporeality, then nuke! I even did 25 normal with my warrior in dps spec and I noticed the same thing, if you keep dpsing they tend to decrease corporeality, if you stop dps it increases till 100%, on dk on 25 hc I was only using ds to keep blood shield up, nothing else, while waiting corporeality to reach 100.

@the one 2-manning yogg in 528: it's nowhere near as challenging 2-man, back when I was mount farming I was only soloing it on my main dk and warrior, and I just did it 2-man with my best alt dks as blood in around 530-540 item level with his alts, which were various dps classes in 490-500 item level, you just have to do the brain phase in 1 go and you're done, take roiling blood and move out when he does empowering darkness, and make sure to take all adds cause they really hurt on non-tank chars, keep blood boiling to keep them low if needed, each 10% of hp they have gives them a 180% damage buff, if they have full hp they do 1.620% more damage! And try to kill all tentacles you can on p2 before entering, and kill the remaining ones in p3 before focusing on yogg, small ones first cause they're really annoying with the stuns, especially with lunatic gaze and all those adds to keep at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Nah, doubt it's possible in MoP, the dps requirement is way too high. If he dealt some significant damage at the beginning the fight would be trivial, but the damage ramp up is way too slow. The survival challenge, however, is quite fun :P

I mean, towards the 4 minute mark Zon'ozz has around 35 stacks and swings for around 100k twice a second. My record is 44 stacks
    I killed Zon'ozz 25. You just shouldnt try to brute force him but stack the debuff as high as possible before he enrages.

I'm struggling with killing yoggs brain in one phase as blood. I feel like i should be able to do it easily with my gear, but i somehow i manage to miss it by 5-15% every time.

My gear should be more then sufficient:
    555 ilvl dps gear, legendary meta and cloak
    561 weapon, thok and paragons flex trinkets
    gemmed for crit, reforged crit > haste > mastery

I use drw for double diseases, str pot and bl drums
    rough priority i use is: ds > rs > hs

How much time do you guys have left on the cast when you reach the brain and do you use army?
    Trying to figure out if it's just a l2p issue of mine or if i'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Fnx did that a while ago but always good to know the ilvl Iys being done with

Is dragon soul heroic soloable by unholy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Is dragon soul heroic soloable by unholy?
    Partially for sure (if you have high gear).
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing