1. #3461
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Z3A3RXc#gid=16

    Did anyone actually Kill Baleroc on 25H? 166M in 6min (IIRC that was the Enrage) would be something along the lines of 461k DPS, I'm not sure current gear can do that much dps with the little vengeance that you gain.
    Only possible if you could live through the berserk as a tank.

    I could imagine to beat the boss as dps with the alysrazor buff, but sadly if you're dmg specced, you get shards and while the dmg of them itself is already considerable, the debuff gets you killed instantly on the next shard/blades.
    Dunno if the alysrazor buff could have enough impact for a class to push that guy to zero witihin 30-40 seconds, might even be wort a try as high end unholy, but very highely unlikely.(garg does around 5 million for me normally, with 100% crit, BL drums, 200% more multiplicative haste it could reach like 30-40 million, army output similar, but i doubt that the dk itself + timmy is capable of taking the other 80 million away in the given timeframe)

    @Antenora
    I didn't do Baleroc in a while, but i remember killing him normal with 530ish gear with like 150k dps, well that was pre vengeance nerf but with like 40 ilvls more doing like 170k to beat that hc enrage seems easily doable. (no drums and stuff, just 500 all stats flask and cheap str food)
    How far are you from the kill? and majordomo hc?
    Logs would be nice to have a look at your situation.



    Uh soloing:
    I did a BoT 10man heroic run as unholy yesterday and it was kinda funny, didn't manage to get Cho'Gall down (best try around 7%/3million hp) p2 is incredibly stressful as you are dead if the adds get a cast on you, the boss can literally two shot you, also you have to get him down to 25% quite fast to avoid getting too many stacks, resulting in being unable to outheal his attacks.
    Getting 25 corruption pre p2 is also a wipe and to avoid getting more than 3 stacks you need to burn that boss even if a second add spawns, resulting in very high spiky dmg. Also if he gets a fire ele directly from the transition you're also pretty dead.

    I know its easier as blood, but also kinda boring, like the challenge of doing stuff as dps, preferably unholy.
    Did Sinestra with a second one, but seems doable solo as unholy, if you don't get that ticking debuff though, need to have another look at that.

    Halfus, V&T and Ascendant Council were doable somewhat well. Dmg income on V&T is kinda high and i took in LB to save myself in the transition, as soon as you get engulf magic, if the boss isn't dead then he should die by then.
    Council and Halfus were kinda trivial, burst dragons on halfus, beat the crap out of him (took 3 dragons, nether, stone, bronze) and after they were dead the fight was pretty much over,
    council -> nuke -> council dead

    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...gzl/dashboard/
    Shows normal, is heroic, you can see it by dmg amounts.

    Gonna go for BWD hc next time.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Azshara/raikh/

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raikh/advanced

    Humans love to hate. They neither have to think nor to understand to hate something or someone and still they find a cause and solution for their problems.

  2. #3462
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    getting tired of swapping my OS to blood every reset for 15min just for lich king 25hc. so curious what ilvl req it is for doing it as frost/ any tips or tricks to make it easy?
    Did it as 550 as unholy, but I could kill warbringers in the same ilvl as frost dual wield so.

  3. #3463
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Only possible if you could live through the berserk as a tank.

    I could imagine to beat the boss as dps with the alysrazor buff, but sadly if you're dmg specced, you get shards and while the dmg of them itself is already considerable, the debuff gets you killed instantly on the next shard/blades.
    Dunno if the alysrazor buff could have enough impact for a class to push that guy to zero witihin 30-40 seconds, might even be wort a try as high end unholy, but very highely unlikely.(garg does around 5 million for me normally, with 100% crit, BL drums, 200% more multiplicative haste it could reach like 30-40 million, army output similar, but i doubt that the dk itself + timmy is capable of taking the other 80 million away in the given timeframe)

    @Antenora
    I didn't do Baleroc in a while, but i remember killing him normal with 530ish gear with like 150k dps, well that was pre vengeance nerf but with like 40 ilvls more doing like 170k to beat that hc enrage seems easily doable. (no drums and stuff, just 500 all stats flask and cheap str food)
    How far are you from the kill? and majordomo hc?
    Logs would be nice to have a look at your situation.
    It's impossible to solo Baleroc 25N/25H without use of Imprinted, because he chain casts Decimation Blade 6-8 times in a row.

  4. #3464
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    It's impossible to solo Baleroc 25N/25H without use of Imprinted, because he chain casts Decimation Blade 6-8 times in a row.
    Pretty sure you can deal with that.

    Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    World 4 in SoO (25MAN)
    MY DK

  5. #3465
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Pretty sure you can deal with that.
    How? He casts it 6-8 times per phase on either 25-man mode, which means that there is no window of time between the expiration of the healing debuff and the next Decimating Strike. DRW + Lichborne + IBF can get you through a single phase, but you're essentially doomed if he goes into a Decimating phase 45 seconds later, because you'll have no way to heal yourself.

    It seems impossible without the use of Imprinted.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2014-01-18 at 05:42 PM.

  6. #3466
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    How? He casts it 6-8 times per phase on either 25-man mode, which means that there is no window of time between the expiration of the healing debuff and the next Decimating Strike. DRW + Lichborne + IBF can get you through a single phase, but you're essentially doomed if he goes into a Decimating phase 45 seconds later, because you'll have no way to heal yourself.

    It seems impossible without the use of Imprinted.
    Save Dancing Rune Weapon, pray for a parry. Problem solved.

    EDIT: You can also rocket boots outrange one of the hits if you're an engineer I think.

  7. #3467
    Enough theory, someone who loves rng parties should try it ._.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK solo Karazhan, 60 Pala solo MC.

  8. #3468
    Is there a difference between Goblin and Gnomish Engineering, solo-wise? Is one better than the other?

  9. #3469
    You won't even get through a decimation blade phase on baleroc 25, IBF doesn't reduce decimation blade damage, the 90% healing debuff lasts 4 seconds, and he casts blades every 2 sec for 15 seconds, even if DRW + LB can heal you nonetheless I doubt you can even get past that, you need to kill him before he casts a decimation, which is impossible without imprinted.

  10. #3470
    Just like the Level 80 Elegon paladin kill
    Nope. Pally used vengence exploit, dk simply took advatage of insane gear scaling.
    but sadly if you're dmg specced, you get shards and while the dmg of them itself is already considerable, the debuff gets you killed instantly on the next shard/blades.
    You can move out of shard's range and deal with their "wipe raid" attack. Ofc now ~15k/sec is not really wipe: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99261
    Although it will be ~40k/sec on hm.

  11. #3471
    Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post
    Is there a difference between Goblin and Gnomish Engineering, solo-wise? Is one better than the other?
    Both get nitro belt, cardboard assassin and glider which are more or less the main reason engineering is best.

  12. #3472
    @ Raikh. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vgfspa713s8nw00h/ an attempt I did just now.

    WoL says 10N but I had it on heroic :S dunno why.

    No clue why I am struggling so hard on this boss.

    My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple

    I'll log the Majordomo too when I get to it.
    Last edited by Antenora; 2014-01-19 at 04:12 PM.

  13. #3473
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    @ Raikh. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vgfspa713s8nw00h/ an attempt I did just now.

    WoL says 10N but I had it on heroic :S dunno why.

    No clue why I am struggling so hard on this boss.

    My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple

    I'll log the Majordomo too when I get to it.
    Yeah had the same with normal/heroic identification.

    2 things i can see right off the bat, barely any uptime on dots, which is dps wise a sacrilege, second you don't use SR as frequently as you should, if you struggle with berserk you have to use it.
    20% melee also looks kinda weird to me, but would have to check myself if deals that much dmg in the situation, may also come from the missing dots/SR.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Azshara/raikh/

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raikh/advanced

    Humans love to hate. They neither have to think nor to understand to hate something or someone and still they find a cause and solution for their problems.

  14. #3474
    Hello,

    So I took time to look at the spreadsheet about soloing of Firelands and it said about having about 490ilevel for baleroc, I got about 511 currently on my death knight, however in frost gear (Crit>Mastery>Haste) and I am unable to kill him due to decimation blade. I am aware that the first one will be soaked with AMS, but the second get's me each time, sure I can use death pact, but with the healing reduction debuff I don't get to heal myself up high enough to be able to take another hit in the face.

    Any suggestions?

  15. #3475
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Hello,

    So I took time to look at the spreadsheet about soloing of Firelands and it said about having about 490ilevel for baleroc, I got about 511 currently on my death knight, however in frost gear (Crit>Mastery>Haste) and I am unable to kill him due to decimation blade. I am aware that the first one will be soaked with AMS, but the second get's me each time, sure I can use death pact, but with the healing reduction debuff I don't get to heal myself up high enough to be able to take another hit in the face.

    Any suggestions?
    There's like a second in between the healing debuff falling off and the next strike hitting, use your heals there. Also time your dancing rune weapon with the decimation blade to dodge a few of them.

  16. #3476
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    There's like a second in between the healing debuff falling off and the next strike hitting, use your heals there. Also time your dancing rune weapon with the decimation blade to dodge a few of them.

    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, will keep that in mind when I attempt him later on today, shouldn't be an issue if there is a time where you are able to heal ^^

  17. #3477
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, will keep that in mind when I attempt him later on today, shouldn't be an issue if there is a time where you are able to heal ^^
    Also, using the Lichborne + Dancing Rune Weapon combo allows you to not worry about that small window and simply heal yourself up normally.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2014-01-20 at 03:19 AM.

  18. #3478

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Also, using the Lichborne + Dancing Rune Weapon allows you to not worry about that small window and simply heal yourself up normally.
    Well that will help out later on as I do not think my dps is enough to get him down in between the second and third weapon, thanks for that too.

  19. #3479
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Well that will help out later on as I do not think my dps is enough to get him down in between the second and third weapon, thanks for that too.
    If you're curious as to why that works it's because healing provided from the DRW's Death Coil is not considered your own healing so it bypasses personal healing debuffs. It's this same reason why it makes Chimeraon or whatever it's called easier to handle. However it's also why DK's get little DPS benefit from it on the Shredder adds during Siegecrafter.

  20. #3480
    after 5 trys i managed to kill yogg + 0 25 man as frost with 551 ilvl.

    the only tricky part is, to get into the brain room.
    those stupid grabbing tentacles can be a real pain in the ass. so it all really depends on rng.
    once u have a good try and get into the portals, the boss is really easy.

    some advice i can give for the fucking grabbing tentacles:

    dont use ur dnd / unholy blight / outbreak in P1. save them for the grabbing tentacles.
    maybe take outbreak glyph and of course use ams glyph and Glyph of Festering Blood is must have. if other tentacles are near, try to put some death coils on them to procc RE and gain runes for more blood boils

    once u made through the portals, blast everything away, kill the brain with pillar of frost. if you are low on health and have enough time at the brain, just heal yourself with some deathstrikes. (thats what i had to do)

    when you are outside, pop Desecrated Ground + army + bloodlust drums + pot and just burst the mofo down

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •