Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    561 iLevel in my dps gear, although I did switch out my Galakras eye for the TI dps trinket, so probably 558 ish. Mione suggested I use a macro to runestrike the orbs during transition, I suck at making them would anyone be willing to help me make a nice macro for that purpose?
    If i can do the boss in 25hc with this setup: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bujas/advanced

you should do it without breaking a sweat.

What i do for the orbs is the following: Focus the Lich king. Everytime an orb pops, click it's nameplate kill it, click focus target again. repeat and win

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    561 iLevel in my dps gear, although I did switch out my Galakras eye for the TI dps trinket, so probably 558 ish. Mione suggested I use a macro to runestrike the orbs during transition, I suck at making them would anyone be willing to help me make a nice macro for that purpose?
    Code:
    /target Ice Sphere
    /stopmacro [dead]
    /use Runestrike
    /targetlasttarget
    let me know if it doenst work

Thank you I'll test it out next week! For those curious about my ilevel and specs I have included my armory in my signature now.
    Last edited by Windborne Sword; 2014-02-06 at 12:15 AM.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

Code:
    /tar The
    /tar Ice
    It will always go to the end line when using target macros, so use this macro for targeting a Ice Sphere, when it's dead click the macro again and you will target The Lich King.

Ugh, FFC. Get rid of that trinket for soloing purposes unless you're doing something with adds that are around for the majority of the fight as the cleave won't proc for single target. Flex Skeer's/Thok's are good trinkets for pure damage.

If your struggling with with enrage timer on HLK, I have been farming him for a few months now. My first kill I killed him as he enraged, my second kill I had about 4-5 mins left till enrage. What I changed was, I nearly took out heart strike from my rotation. Maximize the amount of Death Strikes as possible, and spam the shit out of rune strike, basically just focus on your single target abilities. This may be a no-brainer to some people who have been soloing bosses for a while now, but I hope it helps some of our less experienced community.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If your struggling with with enrage timer on HLK, I have been farming him for a few months now. My first kill I killed him as he enraged, my second kill I had about 4-5 mins left till enrage. What I changed was, I nearly took out heart strike from my rotation. Maximize the amount of Death Strikes as possible, and spam the shit out of rune strike, basically just focus on your single target abilities. This may be a no-brainer to some people who have been soloing bosses for a while now, but I hope it helps some of our less experienced community.
    A general ability priority should be as follows:

DRW -> Outbreak (after 2-3 seconds to get double diseases. Can Pestilence to spread the DRW diseases but not major.) -> Blood Boil (only to refresh diseases, preferably with Crimson Scourge procs) -> Rune Strike -> Death Strike -> Heart Strike -> Death and Decay (Crimson Scourge proc only) -> Blood Boil (Crimson Scourge proc only)

Rune Strike and Death Strike may swap places depending on if you're low on RP but full on Runes.

So, I'm trying to solo Naxx25, and so far it's gone okay, but I am having issues on Gluth.

I go in as Frost and get him down to about 3-4 million health, and then he kills me.

I make sure to go in with all buffs possible(Strength food, flasks, etc), but i can never seem to actually kill him.

Armory link is under sig.
    Last edited by Titanrage; 2014-02-06 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanrage View Post
    So, I'm trying to solo Naxx25, and so far it's gone okay, but I am having issues on Gluth.

I go in as Frost and get him down to about 3-4 million health, and then he kills me.

I make sure to go in with all buffs possible(Strength food, flasks, etc), but i can never seem to actually kill him.

Armory link is under sig.
    Spec into Death Siphon if you're dying. Use that throughout the fight whenever your health dips low.

Stood in the Fire
    What is the limiting amount of damage that can be outhealed with a full Parry/Mastery build?

Situation: Auriaya 25H at level 85. I'm getting destroyed by the adds, and I'm wondering whether reforging to Mastery will help. Death Strike is healing me in many instances for 35% of my health, in full DPS gear with very little Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    What is the limiting amount of damage that can be outhealed with a full Parry/Mastery build?

Situation: Auriaya 25H at level 85. I'm getting destroyed by the adds, and I'm wondering whether reforging to Mastery will help. Death Strike is healing me in many instances for 35% of my health, in full DPS gear with very little Mastery.
    Mastery wont make you heal for more, and avoiding damage > reducing damage taken.

dodge/parry will be completely worthless on that fight, what's destroying you are stacks of the bleed, and iirc they are not dodge/parry'able.

just kill the adds faster, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

4:12

Was bored and did a random LK speedkill for the n-th time, this time as Unholy (this was first attempt btw). Fairly sure you could easily get below 4 minutes if you start learning how to play around the silences.

- - - Updated - - -

and 3:51 for yogg this week. 3:30 doable. oh well.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    dodge/parry will be completely worthless on that fight, what's destroying you are stacks of the bleed, and iirc they are not dodge/parry'able.

I have to keep the adds alive for the achievement T.T.
    In any case I'm sure Blood Shield can absorb bleed damage, so I'll just reforge into an absurd amount of Mastery as currently I would beat the enrage timer by 4-5 minutes.

@Yogg/LK times
    \faint

- - - Updated - - -

4:12

Was bored and did a random LK speedkill for the n-th time, this time as Unholy (this was first attempt btw). Fairly sure you could easily get below 4 minutes if you start learning how to play around the silences.

- - - Updated - - -

and 3:51 for yogg this week. 3:30 doable. oh well.
    Lol, and I am still a few seconds faster as blood than frost due to the fact I'm not able to dps him in transition and survive raging spirits!

Won't even say the time it takes me for LK, but my record on yogg is 6 min 35 (I think) as blood and around 5 min 20 as frost, 564 average, no buffs, no BL, may be I used a potion.

I am trying to solo Heroic Maloriak in BWD but I am dying during the blue phase due to being frozen. I can AMS one then drop a D&D for the next one but then I'm screwed when I get one after that. Desecrated Ground doesn't seem to work either. Help?
    Last edited by Sflame; 2014-02-09 at 07:00 AM.

Never interrupt Arcane Storm during blue phase. This messes with the boss' ability timers and means that you will only have one flash freeze in the last few seconds of the phase.

Never interrupt Arcane Storm during blue phase. This messes with the boss' ability timers and means that you will only have one flash freeze in the last few seconds of the phase.
    Got it down! Thanks for the help Mionelol!

Had fun doing a speedrun of the near entirety of the WoW raid content. 9 hours 27 minutes to clear everything. That was more of a practice run than anything. The objective is getting a good run on live, and then doing the same in WoD beta once it hits.
    (Assuming 45minutes for ICC and Ulduar, which I skipped in this run. 45 minutes seem largely enough.)

For the rules and more details: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=k1cSR5Dg

I'll probably have fun next Sunday doing a real run this time! Objective is clearly <8hours, but anything below <8:30 will be satisfying I guess.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-02-09 at 05:37 PM.

I tried doing LK faster too, after a tip from someone here to focus on death strike

It did seem faster, but by doing less heart strikes I didn't get one of the shambling horrors down before LK. He kept healing up to 100% between frostmourne phases. This seems to mess up the encounter a lot, since I didn't get resurrected. After I released, I found LK still casting his raise dead thingy, so I hit him to 1 hp. He couldn't be killed until I killed that shambling horror.

All ended well, but I think I'll stick with killing the adds before phase 3 :P

AutoVendor - automatically sell items (not just greys! ) you don't need.

@mionelol: you who did alysrazor 25 hc back in the other patch, was it hard as a dps check? How much item level did you have roughly? And did you stay inside the area during any ground phase or just stood outside always (could have it been possible back then to stay inside and dps with crit + haste buff)?

Cause I tried today, took me around 4 hours of attempts, 564 dps gear and the typical 4 buffs, gear must've been higher than what you could get back then, but also have to keep into account the vengeance nerf, she has 197 millions, on my best try I managed to dps her inside during phase 1 and get her to around 100 millions, but then at around 29%, on the second ground phase, 6 hatchlings came outside for some reason..... wipe ofc. On my killshot she had 107 mil at the end of the first ground phase (also stood inside), 68 mil in the end of the second and 18 mil when she came to attack me the last time and "enraged", barely made it, although my record was surviving blazing cleave through 27 mil alysrazor's hp. I normally fail at circles but in dint of trying and trying I think I got them in somewhat quick way, 1 min and 30 or so with crit buff every time, should it be so hard in this gear after vengeance nerf or am I missing something?