Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    While I certainly do not recommand touching Yogg at 518 ilvl (you won't kill it easily) you're also doing it completely wrong if you have 4 crusher tentacles after two brain pahses. That means you either:
    1) never killed a single one
    2) took ages in the brain room resulting two spawning during each phase instead of one (the second brain phase especially must be extremely long for a second crusher to spawn)

I had 2 brain phases in my first kill as well (ilvl 52X, no legendary meta, no legendary nor epic cloak), and had only two crushers in p3.
    The only 'nerf' since then is the Vengeance change which doesn't change anything til the end of p3 (Vengeance doesn't exist before that part anyway) and is more than offset by the survivability changes when tanking a lot of mobs (SoB), or the addition of Regenerative Magic.
    Sanity has also been completely removed from the fight which means you should do brain phases SUPER quickly now, as you no longer have to turn around to avoid skulls and stuff. Just rush straight to the mobs, abuse heart strike in ICC, in every other one use only single rune abilities such as IT/PS (you can let diseases finish off the first few tentacles in Sartharion/Stormwind) and go FAST. Disregard the skulls entirely.

If you're going to do it with two brain phases, you're supposed to time the end of the second phase correctly with your dots and to leave the room early so you can start DPS'ing the tentacles earlier. Let the dots trigger Yogg below 30%.

tl;dr it's not going to be easy, but you certainly shouldn't give up that quickly.
    You sir/madam are a God. ^-^. I was going to give it another attempt tonight anyway, WANT THAT MIMS HEAD!. Thank you for your suggestions. With ampathy (I think thats the one that slows you down a metric butt load) is there any way of removing this? I'm avid at DK at best, only play it to solo H LK and soon Mims head (MORE LFR!!). That was a big issue, going into the first/second brain room with it on me due to having to tank a crusher and being unable to go kill the corrupters due to constrictors chaining me.

Thankyou for your reply Mione, I'll be giving it another shot soon.
    Last edited by Faulty Mitchell; 2014-02-18 at 07:30 PM.

There is no way of preventing Apathy. The stun debuff is countered by IBF and Desecrated Ground (again, be reactive).

I don't have any bossmod timers, so what I do is:

- get the crusher I'm tanking fairly low (200-300khp), then wait. If there is a corruptor nearby I outbreak or IT, but nothing else towards them. Maybe Strang if I'm feeling lucky.

Whenever the second crusher spawns, that means the brain phase is going to happen very shortly after.
    - second crusher spawns. I pop AMS, put up Soul Reaper on the crusher, get it low enough so that it dies from soul reaper, then run towards the portals that are bound to spawn any second
    - spam click on wherever the portal is supposed to spawn and take it instantly.

You might have a debuff with a few seconds remaining, but it should generally be OK.

How I do it
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-02-18 at 07:55 PM.

Ok, thank you again Mione. A huge help

What ilvl should I aim for to solo LK and yoga as dps specc? I don't really like soloing as tank so if you don't need a insane amount of gear to do it as dos I would rather do it that way.
    Last edited by Fungj; 2014-02-19 at 05:18 AM. Reason: autocorrect doesn't know what dps is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    What ilvl should I aim for to solo LK and yoga as dos specc? I don't really like soloing as tank so if you don't need a insane amount of gear to do it as dos I would rather do it that way.
    for LK if you have 510 (DPS) gear youll be able to get it done for yogg though its hrder to say some people at 520 say they can get the kill and some people at 550 say there still trying

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    for LK if you have 510 (DPS) gear youll be able to get it done for yogg though its hrder to say some people at 520 say they can get the kill and some people at 550 say there still trying
    Fungj is asking about soloing them as a DPS specialization, which would require 530 gear as Unholy (slightly more for Frost I'd guess), and ~530-540 for Yogg in a DPS specialization.

The reason why people at 550 do not do well on Yogg is because it's the sort of fight where mechanics > gear. That's why someone like Mione can do it with a 510 ilevel, while someone else might struggle with much more gear.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-18 at 11:18 PM.

Weapon and Trinkets make it easiert though

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Fungj is asking about soloing them as a DPS specialization, which would require 530 gear as Unholy (slightly more for Frost I'd guess), and ~530-540 for Yogg in a DPS specialization.

The reason why people at 550 do not do well on Yogg is because it's the sort of fight where mechanics > gear. That's why someone like Mione can do it with a 510 ilevel, while someone else might struggle with much more gear.
    Eh, Mione at 510 ilvl would still have a harder time post 5.4 because of the RPPM changes. But yes, Yogg is definitely the more annoying of the two fights.

On Yogg+0 do the Immortal Guardian adds still do less damage at low health? Might be where I'm going wrong.

yes. they gain X% additional damage for every 10% health they have, X being pretty huge like 180% or something.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-02-19 at 11:27 PM.

AND soloed morchok 25 normal, I know it's already been soloed, but had to do it as well!

Was thinking it would've been harder, especially since my 564 dps gear is fully reforged for blood dps, while morchok 25 stomps hit 2.250.000 physical damage, as in 975.000 pre-blood presence, bone shield, blood shield, IBF, and pre-sunder armor, wiped on first try at 44% after 4 mins (worried about enrage) and got it on 2nd try.

Used another set I have with around 194% mastery, very low avoidance though, including thok normal weapon which I just got tonight (and put straight to use) instead of sha of pride normal weapon which I normally use for max dps.

I was thinking I'd have had to get the mastery 543 trinket from the timeless isle, that I'd have had to reforge all my dps gear to mastery or parry, that I'd have had to pay 7k for the legendary tank cloak and instead...

A mix of dps gear and all mastery items I had + legendary dps cloak + legendary tank metagem were enough, although it was a fun fight.

Was like soloing 10-man back when the first kills happened, just with both having bigger numbers, required some cd timing for the stomps, I tried (on the phases with 4 stomps, so all except first) to take the first one without bone shield, which barely destroyed my blood shield, then bone shield before the 2nd, VB depending on how much my hp dipped, else kept it for the 3rd, I used purgatory and IBF glyph, purgatory because even though I love lichborne, the cause of wipes here is literally full hp BUT not enough blood shield, stomp, dead, there's no place for lichborne, in my kill shot purgatory didn't proc, but this time it can really save you if you dip not much below 1 hp, and as for IBF, it has perfect timing, can be used once per stomp phase, in this case I only used it once when I had 6 stacks (and easily survived the stomp) and could've used it at furious, but no point, my transition to furious was perfect, he did his 4th stomp, then went furious, so BL drums and potion and got it almost dead when he did a furious stomp which didn't even break my blood shield with bone shield and VB up, there weren't any more stomps. End of mop soloing objectives for me. 29 sec to enrage btw.

http://postimg.org/image/y1y34a7h1/
    http://postimg.org/image/ny9d84qqd/
    http://postimg.org/image/jrt46jgid/

Recently picked up Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal-LFR Thoughts about using it for Frost/unholy soloing? Or even Blood.

So, I am planning to let a WotLK 25-man/Cataclysm boss enrage (by equipping a level 50 weapon or something similar) and see how long I can outlast it. What is the best way to survive for an optimal length of time?
    A tip for making it easier untill enrage would be to have a healer with you that someway leaves a short moment before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    A tip for making it easier untill enrage would be to have a healer with you that someway leaves a short moment before enrage.
    Sadly yes, it's the best way, we blood dks are really strong in survival if we can hit the enemy, if we can't, we can only use death pact, maybe LB if you can get some rp out, IBF, AMS, bone shield to mitigate a bit the damage and kite a bit if you can.

This is fun stuff though, I remember letting magtheridon enrage at 85, took 22 mins or so, but I could outheal it fully without attacking him pre enrage, then I wiped in dps gear, put tank gear on, easier but still challenging, also did in cata lots of other tbc bosses enraged, like hyjal anetheron, kaz'rogal, azgalor (this last was really hard, 22k quick hits), black temple almost done supremus, done teron, SSC done karathress but only without him being empowered by adds, also done hydross I think, and also leotheras, either enraged or managed to kill the demon form (2,6 mil hp and stacking debuff). Also did void reaver in TK, al'ar, although the hp was low due to adds dying and removing hp to the boss, as for sunwell I was able to do felmyst, was annoying due to the fog, took over 20 mins and enraged 2 times! He enrages, 5 mins and it fades, 5 mins and enrages, lol. Wasn't able to do others in sunwell (in cata ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy-Darkspear View Post
    Recently picked up Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal-LFR Thoughts about using it for Frost/unholy soloing? Or even Blood.
    It's more or less worthless. Almost any trinket would be better.

As for the outlasting, I'm pretty sure you can hang on till berserk with minimal amounts of healing without the bosses being anywhere near dead.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Sadly yes, it's the best way, we blood dks are really strong in survival if we can hit the enemy, if we can't, we can only use death pact, maybe LB if you can get some rp out, IBF, AMS, bone shield to mitigate a bit the damage and kite a bit if you can.

This is fun stuff though, I remember letting magtheridon enrage at 85, took 22 mins or so, but I could outheal it fully without attacking him pre enrage, then I wiped in dps gear, put tank gear on, easier but still challenging, also did in cata lots of other tbc bosses enraged, like hyjal anetheron, kaz'rogal, azgalor (this last was really hard, 22k quick hits), black temple almost done supremus, done teron, SSC done karathress but only without him being empowered by adds, also done hydross I think, and also leotheras, either enraged or managed to kill the demon form (2,6 mil hp and stacking debuff). Also did void reaver in TK, al'ar, although the hp was low due to adds dying and removing hp to the boss, as for sunwell I was able to do felmyst, was annoying due to the fog, took over 20 mins and enraged 2 times! He enrages, 5 mins and it fades, 5 mins and enrages, lol. Wasn't able to do others in sunwell (in cata ofc).
    After having tried it out, I've found that outhealing enrages is REALLY fun!

Hmmmm - I actually achieved a similar result without a healer by equipping Flame Wrath and switching to my normal weapon right before the enrage. My level 85 death knight was already in Naxxramas so I tried out Patchwerk 10 and Grobbulus 25. Patchwerk didn't go too well, as even with that weak a weapon he still only enraged at 15%, and killing him from there was a joke; he died before IBF and Lichborne even ran out (I did get a massive amount of Vengeance though, which was pretty cool). Next week, I'll bring a healer and try outhealing Patchwerk 25 and Kil'jaeden on my level 85 death knight. Soloing that fight (Patchwerk 25) is very easy even at 85, but I'd have to use valuable cooldowns before he enraged.

Grobbulus 25, however, was more interesting. He enraged around 40% (he actually has a 9 minute enrage, not a 12 minute one - I found that out after not realizing that he was large and red with 3 minutes left on the DBM timer, died pretty quickly) and I was able to bring him from 40% to zero very, very quickly. I had run out of cooldowns by the time he reached ~8%ish, which was really scary, but I managed to kill him!

I'll give Feng a shot on my ilevel 520 death knight, which will be fun ~
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-20 at 10:39 PM.

Solo Valithria Dreamwalker 10 HC.
    I have a problem where my Death Coil is remobved almost imediately from her. Any ideas why? Any workarounds?
    Any change from ordinary 10 man who must be killed first?

After having tried it out, I've found that outhealing enrages is REALLY fun!
    It really is a completely different event compared to your normal soloing. I went for Haraga 10hc last tuesday for the first time and hit berserk around 40%ish. I was sure it would be a wipe, but IBF chained with DRW gave me some absolutely ridiculous numbers, RS was critting for almost 800k IIRC. It's really fun to pit yourself against some mechanics you're "not supposed" to survive. Zon'ozz 25 is a pretty good fight to test your outlast skills too @ lvl90.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

I had 2 brain phases in my first kill as well (ilvl 52X, no legendary meta, no legendary nor epic cloak), and had only two crushers in p3.
    The only 'nerf' since then is the Vengeance change which doesn't change anything til the end of p3 (Vengeance doesn't exist before that part anyway) and is more than offset by the survivability changes when tanking a lot of mobs (SoB), or the addition of Regenerative Magic.
    Sanity has also been completely removed from the fight which means you should do brain phases SUPER quickly now, as you no longer have to turn around to avoid skulls and stuff. Just rush straight to the mobs, abuse heart strike in ICC, in every other one use only single rune abilities such as IT/PS (you can let diseases finish off the first few tentacles in Sartharion/Stormwind) and go FAST. Disregard the skulls entirely.
    What do you mean by sanity has been completely removed from the fight? Unless I'm missing something when you hit 0 you still go insane. After just testing this myself of course 5 minutes ago >_>

- - - Updated - - -

oh and everyone will be happy to know (if they care >_>) i finally got LK down. Weapon upgrade did the trick and messed around with a simple target ice sphere macro and just focused LK for easy target switching.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    What do you mean by sanity has been completely removed from the fight? Unless I'm missing something when you hit 0 you still go insane. After just testing this myself of course 5 minutes ago >_>

- - - Updated - - -

oh and everyone will be happy to know (if they care >_>) i finally got LK down. Weapon upgrade did the trick and messed around with a simple target ice sphere macro and just focused LK for easy target switching.
    You can't lose sanity in p2 which was a big part of the fight. Now you can just zerg your way through brain phases without having to care about sanity (as it's damn near impossible to die to sanity loss in p3).