Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    TBH I don't know why noone has killed it yet as a DK. The only real block anymore is the constant left-right thing IMO.
    Raegwynn did it a while ago I think

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Raegwynn did it a while ago I think
    That was normal mode. We're referring to heroic here :P

Deleted
    Getting stacks onto the correct target is probably an issue. Also the fight is probably the most annoying and frustrating encounter of all.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    its pretty easy with the animus trinket to outheal vengaence cap if you have enough trash mobs on you to keep 3 stacks
    Pretty impressive, I definitely didn't account for this level of gear scaling in 5.4 (remember, wrote that guide in 5.2!). The Animus trinket is a good idea though, will definitely try and get one so I can test it out on other bosses.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    I will start leveling a DK today, what race should I be if I want to my primary focus to be clearing the old raids? Are some bosses impossible with certain races or does it not matter? I was thinking Goblin...

Goblin is a nice bonus, but it won't really make a difference for most fights Roll whatever you want.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by buMf00d View Post
    I will start leveling a DK today, what race should I be if I want to my primary focus to be clearing the old raids? Are some bosses impossible with certain races or does it not matter? I was thinking Goblin...
    The Rocket Jump is a nice burst mobility tool but isn't going to make or break anything that's currently available. Goblin and Worgen DKs don't have to worry about Bone Prisons during Marrowgar as he can't impale those races but, again, there's ways to get around that without worrying about race. Just pick the race you like the most.

@Mione

I just noticed that you said you were going to solo Immerseus on your Twitter feed - were you successful?

Night Elves are also an excellent choice, owing to Shadowmeld.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-06-19 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    were you successful?
    More like "did you hold on?"

Draenei would also be cool for extreme damage-heavy fights and +1% hit is awesome until WoD. I don't think this makes up for more than 1-2 ilvls though

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    trying to squeeze some extra dps
    ... is probably a shitty idea for that fight since it makes the difference between a 5:20h fight and a 5:15h fight

Having a bit of trouble DPS'ing down Stone Guard at the moment. 15% and hitting enrage timer. Sad times

Edit: 6%, getting closer.
    Last edited by holiver; 2014-06-20 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Okay, so, trying to solo Beasts of Northrend 25hc.
    I kill Gormok pretty easily (with 5 impale, but that's nothing, really), but the Fire Bombs... I don't quite understand how they work.
    According to Wowpedia, they "Will not target players in melee range of Gormok.". But I'm still getting them, and there's no way to get rid of them. They stack up to 65 and then the damage becomes too much and I die like an insect.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Okay, so, trying to solo Beasts of Northrend 25hc.
    I kill Gormok pretty easily (with 5 impale, but that's nothing, really), but the Fire Bombs... I don't quite understand how they work.
    According to Wowpedia, they "Will not target players in melee range of Gormok.". But I'm still getting them, and there's no way to get rid of them. They stack up to 65 and then the damage becomes too much and I die like an insect.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    What spec and item level are you? As for the fire bombs you can't prevent them from being tossed but you can move out of them/avoid them altogether. Use AMS to possibly reset stacks?

Honestly though, I have no idea how you're wiping to this if 90 in SoO stuff.

^
    Some of us aren't wearing SoO stuff, sadly (Yeah, I know I should run LFR, but waiting for 30 minute queues isn't fun).
    I'm only 496 on my death knight so far and even stuff like Lana'thel 25H is tense (I hit berserk), though I'd imagine it'd be faceroll in SoO gear. I've given Saurfang 25H a few attempts too - I easily have enough DPS for the enrage but with only 90% mastery I can't keep my Blood Shield up T.T; how much mastery is recommended for that fight in my gear?
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-06-20 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What spec and item level are you? As for the fire bombs you can't prevent them from being tossed but you can move out of them/avoid them altogether. Use AMS to possibly reset stacks?

Honestly though, I have no idea how you're wiping to this if 90 in SoO stuff.
    Blood, 559.
    It's entirely possible that I screw up with AMS, I'll try again.
    And being 90 in SoO stuff doesn't mean instakill in all cases. The Firebomb debuff stays after Gormok dies and doesn't seem to disappear and goes up to 160k damage every 2 seconds...

Is there a list of all the consumables/personal buff items to use while soloing? I've seen drums thrown around but I have no idea what's being spoken about.

Drums of Forgotten Kings
    Runescroll of Fortitude III
    Flask of Winter's Bite
    Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp
    Potion of Mogu Power
    Drums of Rage
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-06-21 at 12:48 AM. Reason: forgot Drums of Rage (thanks Snowball!)

Blood, 559.
    And being 90 in SoO stuff doesn't mean instakill in all cases. The Firebomb debuff stays after Gormok dies and doesn't seem to disappear and goes up to 160k damage every 2 seconds...
    iirc the little adds do the fire.
    you can avoid it by just constantly moving and should be able to ams to help ignore stacks

Blood, 559.
    Don't know what to tell you other than make sure you're not just standing in the fire as you get a stack every second. Maybe I'm misremembering but I don't recall having too much of an issue when I was doing this for Justicebringer. I can check again though in a few minutes. If he's causing that much of an issue then Ghoul + AotD to help kill him faster, then kill as many snobalds on the ground before the Jorumgars spawn (and kill the last to spawn first to avoid a 45 second stun).