1. #4221
    Well, its normal at the start of an expansion.
    As DPS, you have way less haste.
    As Tank, you have dont have much multistrike (when an autoattack multistrikes, you can gain 15rp). Also Parry/Haste is gone.

    Also you can spec necrotic plague to get RP all the time (2rp each time you get hit from a mob).
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  2. #4222
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    They said they will change this. Let's just pray this doesn't change "press 3 buttons + 10sec downtime" to "4 buttons + 8sec downtime"
    Allot needs to be done it feels so painful.

    Stream PC: CPU: i7 4790k RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400Mhz GPU: GTX 750ti (EVGA SC) MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Connection: Down:78MB UP:20MB

  3. #4223
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Well, its normal at the start of an expansion.
    As DPS, you have way less haste.
    As Tank, you have dont have much multistrike (when an autoattack multistrikes, you can gain 15rp). Also Parry/Haste is gone.

    Also you can spec necrotic plague to get RP all the time (2rp each time you get hit from a mob).
    Sure, that is the problem with runes x.x

    @ Necrotic Plague: That's cool for 100, but leveling would suck even more than it does right now
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK solo Karazhan, 60 Pala solo MC.

  4. #4224
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I don't remember that they did tell us something about Valithria..
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...80317681102848

  5. #4225
    Got hc spine to 40% on the 3rd plate (twice), dont have enough patience to keep going. 100% doable. 15-min enrage is a total non-issue, hell nothing about the numbers is an issue at all. the only issue are these god damn rolls that take 100% of my focus and cause me to make the most stupid mistakes, i wish there was a way to track them other than reading the chat... hell, just having working blizzard warnings would be enough.

    (oneshotted it on normal so i won't be tempted to give more attempts. at least I know that this strat has absolutely 0 RNG, i will add spine+madness normal to my 8hour "speedrun" as a consequence)
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-07-05 at 03:29 AM.

  6. #4226
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Got hc spine to 40% on the 3rd plate (twice), dont have enough patience to keep going. 100% doable. 15-min enrage is a total non-issue, hell nothing about the numbers is an issue at all. the only issue are these god damn rolls that take 100% of my focus and cause me to make the most stupid mistakes, i wish there was a way to track them other than reading the chat... hell, just having working blizzard warnings would be enough.

    (oneshotted it on normal so i won't be tempted to give more attempts. at least I know that this strat has absolutely 0 RNG, i will add spine+madness normal to my 8hour "speedrun" as a consequence)
    isnt there a insta-kill debuff on heroic? is there a way to avoid it or are you jsut capable of taking the hit with CDs?

  7. #4227
    you take the hit with cds.

    or you don't, because all your attention is on reading the fucking chat and you forget to cd.

  8. #4228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    you take the hit with cds.

    or you don't, because all your attention is on reading the fucking chat and you forget to cd.
    I'm happy to shout "left, right, left, right" for 15 minutes if that is what it takes
    On that note, I got beta access so if you need a hand with Jinrokh toss me a PM or a whisper on kazzak and I'll help you out, want to give Ji'kun a try myself

  9. #4229
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    you take the hit with cds.

    or you don't, because all your attention is on reading the fucking chat and you forget to cd.
    Install a boss mod with sounds and you can listen to "5..4..3..5..4..3..2..5..4..5..4..3..2......" for 15min, I don't see the issue

    Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    World 4 in SoO (25MAN)
    MY DK

  10. #4230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Install a boss mod with sounds and you can listen to "5..4..3..5..4..3..2..5..4..5..4..3..2......" for 15min, I don't see the issue
    You got working boss mods for current beta build? Do share

  11. #4231
    Also 7 voices counting at once are fun to listen to and totally help
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK solo Karazhan, 60 Pala solo MC.

  12. #4232
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    You got working boss mods for current beta build? Do share
    Mionee didn't speak about beta, this is live spine HC going down (With a bit more awareness)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Also 7 voices counting at once are fun to listen to and totally help
    I believe the voice doesn't overlap, but it simply stop the voice when the old action stops.

    Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    World 4 in SoO (25MAN)
    MY DK

  13. #4233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Install a boss mod with sounds and you can listen to "5..4..3..5..4..3..2..5..4..5..4..3..2......" for 15min, I don't see the issue
    big wigs doesnt work

    and yeah this is on live. it's really doable if you have the patience though, I got to the 3rd plate on something like my third or fourth attempt , but 2 hours later i was still struggling with reading the chat and these fucking rolls. if you can find a way to make rolls more visible to you than 100px x 50 px on your screen, you should be fine, there really isn't much to the fight with our current dps/hps
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-07-05 at 05:33 PM.

  14. #4234
    Try DBM instead perhaps?

  15. #4235
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    big wigs doesnt work
    Use DBM for that fight used it back in the days when i killed normal. works like a charm as fnx said. 5 4 3 2 5 4 3 .. etc. when you hear the 1 its to late and the roll will happen for sure

    GL

  16. #4236
    i killed it on normal to save myself the pain of wasting more time, and i will do speedruns later weeks, so im not coming back anyway

  17. #4237
    Blademaster Syraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Stone Guard cannot be soloed (or well, doesn't seem like it at least, didn't give it a second attempt) because their 50k/sec dot isn't squished and still deals 50k/sec, which seems too much to handle.

    might be wrong tho, maybe it is soloable. for now i'm not wandering in MSV tho
    Stone Guard can be soloed on beta done it yesterday, needed like 5 trys cause the dot recks hard

  18. #4238
    Re: normal 10 spine of deathwing:

    I don't seem to be able to stop him from rolling on cooldown (which is almost constant) no matter where I stand (trying to stand right in the middle doesn't work either, he starts to roll immediately) or even if I move to other side (I thought that would cause him to straighten out? doesn't seem to be) which means I never have enough time to dps down the amalgamations to free up a plate.

    Would love some advice on what I'm doing wrong, I feel like it's the roll mechanism I'm doing wrong but not sure what exactly.

  19. #4239
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    Re: normal 10 spine of deathwing:

    I don't seem to be able to stop him from rolling on cooldown (which is almost constant) no matter where I stand (trying to stand right in the middle doesn't work either, he starts to roll immediately) or even if I move to other side (I thought that would cause him to straighten out? doesn't seem to be) which means I never have enough time to dps down the amalgamations to free up a plate.

    Would love some advice on what I'm doing wrong, I feel like it's the roll mechanism I'm doing wrong but not sure what exactly.
    You can't stop him from constantly trying to roll at all. Not sure what you mean by not having time to nuke the amalgations, they really don't have that high health.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-07-06 at 05:59 AM.

  20. #4240
    seems like they have about 5 mil health? I'll run it again and check. If I can't stop him from rolling constantly it seems there is a timing issue so that you kill a corruption at just the right time (presumably immediately after a roll?) in order to gain enough time to dps the amalgamation down? So far I've gotten like 1-2 globals to touch the amalgamation before it gets blown off, which just isn't enough time


    edit: double checked, they Amals have 4.7 mil hp; also, by timing death of a corruption as deathwing is casting his roll, I can gain enough time, maybe 5-7 seconds, to dps the amalgamation before the next roll, but it hasn't been enough time yet to get them to start their nuclear blast spell. Is this the basic process, though? I'm just not dps'ing them down fast enough in between rolls? Or am I missing something else?
    Last edited by Grimdeeds; 2014-07-06 at 06:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •