has there been any word on how they are changing valirthria with the removal of things like Blood Worms? I remember reading months ago they talked about making her skippable but haven't heard anything since. How is she on Beta right now?

The door beyond Valithria is open when you kill Sister Svalna (or whatever her name is), so you can walk right past her.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    has there been any word on how they are changing valirthria with the removal of things like Blood Worms? I remember reading months ago they talked about making her skippable but haven't heard anything since. How is she on Beta right now?
    You can just run through the center of the room to the elevator, the fight only starts if you aggro the casters / start healing the boss.

Not sure who here it was that said the Elegon enrage skipping tactic was fixed - it absolutely wasn't. Watching Treckie do it on his stream I was inspired to try it for myself on an alt DK and can confirm the boss will indeed stop his enrage cast if you phase him at the right time, so in other words it's completely unchanged. So if you've been skipping soloing him be sure to do it now - it might not be as easy next week in 6.0.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Not sure who here it was that said the Elegon enrage skipping tactic was fixed - it absolutely wasn't. Watching Treckie do it on his stream I was inspired to try it for myself on an alt DK and can confirm the boss will indeed stop his enrage cast if you phase him at the right time, so in other words it's completely unchanged. So if you've been skipping soloing him be sure to do it now - it might not be as easy next week in 6.0.
    It definitely wasn't working when I tried it last, and some others reported the same. I don't know what's up with this. Regardless with your gear you can probably beat the enrage as Unholy, so it wouldn't really be an issue either way I guess ><

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    It definitely wasn't working when I tried it last, and some others reported the same. I don't know what's up with this. Regardless with your gear you can probably beat the enrage as Unholy, so it wouldn't really be an issue either way I guess ><
    Like I said, I oneshot it on my alt DK (of ilevel 579) as Blood with zero problems. I watched a streamer do it live and then did the exact same literally 15 minutes afterward and it worked exactly as expected. What you were experiencing was probably mistiming phasing him. (Or less likely, it was actually broken for some time and now it's been reverted to its original incarnation, but I doubt that)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Well done!

Did you use Control Undead- if the skeletons' damage is buffed by the enrage as well (I don't know about this?) that would be very nice.

Just downloaded the PTR today, and wow. On an item level 463 death knight, I
    a) Pulled all the trash to Yor'sahj and killed him.
    b) Got Zon'ozz to 15% without even bouncing the ball - probably doable with a few more attempts.
    c) Beat Hagara's enrage with a lightning phase first??

Is this all a consequence of the squish and Vengeance scaling, or what? Most of these are not possible without much higher item levels today.
    Thanks, and no, I didn't try control undead, but I know bloodworms for sure and probably ghoul (normal one, not army) scale with vengeance, so wouldn't be sure about the scaling of nefarian's adds.

As for the soloing on ptr, was this all at 90? And did you have any buff vs DS stuff? Someone said that you will probably get the buff vs them, but I had heard only if you're level 100.

The stat squish should work the same way for both bosses and us, so I don't think that should make a difference, unless blizzard failed on numbers ofc.

Also, you said vengeance scaling... isn't vengeance gone as of patch 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Not gone in the sense that tanks no longer receive a tanking buff while in combat. With patch 6.0, the buff is now called Resolve, but it only buffs active mitigation, not DPS. Tanks get attack power rolled into their mastery, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Thanks, and no, I didn't try control undead, but I know bloodworms for sure and probably ghoul (normal one, not army) scale with vengeance, so wouldn't be sure about the scaling of nefarian's adds.

As for the soloing on ptr, was this all at 90? And did you have any buff vs DS stuff? Someone said that you will probably get the buff vs them, but I had heard only if you're level 100.

The stat squish should work the same way for both bosses and us, so I don't think that should make a difference, unless blizzard failed on numbers ofc.

Hmmm, I thought Army does scale with Vengeance?

Yes, this was a level 90 death knight in 463 blues without use of Drums of Rage/Drums of Forgotten Kings/Runescroll of Fortitude III or even a prepot. If I were to use these then Zon'ozz would be easily doable without the ball; I had no trouble outhealing 15 stacks of Focused Anger and would be able to handle more with cooldowns. Regardless I killed him on the subsequent attempt normally, and even that isn't possible with 463 item level today. This is really broken xD, it's a pity I can't copy my main over

I just plugged the numbers into Mione's spreadsheet, and it appears that you do get a buff (50% damage taken reduction and 300% damage increase). It's kind of strange that level 90s get buffs versus Cataclysm content, but level 100s get no buff versus MoP content :P

I was referring to Resolve - I'm fairly certain I'll be calling it Vengeance for a while - old habits die hard!
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-10-11 at 06:06 AM.

Hmmm, I thought Army does scale with Vengeance?

Yes, this was a level 90 death knight in 463 blues without use of Drums of Rage/Drums of Forgotten Kings/Runescroll of Fortitude III or even a prepot. If I were to use these then Zon'ozz would be easily doable without the ball; I had no trouble outhealing 15 stacks of Focused Anger and would be able to handle more with cooldowns. Regardless I killed him on the subsequent attempt normally, and even that isn't possible with 463 item level today. This is really broken xD, it's a pity I can't copy my main over

I just plugged the numbers into Mione's spreadsheet, and it appears that you do get a buff (50% damage taken reduction and 300% damage increase). It's kind of strange that level 90s get buffs versus Cataclysm content, but level 100s get no buff versus MoP content :P

I was referring to Resolve - I'm fairly certain I'll be calling it Vengeance for a while - old habits die hard!
    No, army doesn't scale with vengeance, I and the other dk who soloed nefarian didn't use it at enrage for this reason, army does 4 millions always, so you would notice it if it did 12-16 at an enrage.

And yes, by buffs I obviously didn't mean standard buffs, because the only boss in DS you can do (on live) in less than 500 item level should be yor'sahj, did it on an alt with 487 long time ago and still had 3 mins to enrage, ignored blobs, took 3 mobs for vengeance (the numbers on spreadsheet are before the vengeance nerf which happened with 5.4, they're all a bit higher now except yor).

I meant that 50% and 300% you said, and it appears that this will have bigger numbers when you are 100 vs cata, and yes, it's weird that you don't get it as 100 vs mop.

As for resolve, I wouldn't really call it vengeance any more since, as I only solo stuff on my dk, when I see high vengeance I'm used to think "yes, 1 million dps!", not "yes, more healing with abilities!", lol.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-10-11 at 02:18 PM.

Thank you for the clarification Mione.

I don't think it's accurate to say that you can't do any other DS boss on live in sub-500 gear. Yor'sahj can of course be done on a fresh 90, but Morchok can as well.

As for the other bosses, they are doable with a good weapon. I did Zon'ozz with 496 ilevel and a 544 weapon. With a 582 heirloom weapon I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 8/8 DS in < 500 ilevel.

Is it correct that a strong buff will be automatically present in pre-MoP raids after 6.0 hits?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked a few pages back and didn't find anything.

What stat priority do I want in 6.0.2 as Blood for maximum DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked a few pages back and didn't find anything.

What stat priority do I want in 6.0.2 as Blood for maximum DPS?
    Multi strike I believe, not sure if this apply to the pre-patch tho or if it's just at level 100.

Not in FatSharkYes anymore as I quit long ago - Stop asking lul
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Multi strike I believe, not sure if this apply to the pre-patch tho or if it's just at level 100.
    But that's not going to be stackable, right? I meant more in terms of secondary stats. I know Mastery's getting a DPS boost, but does that change the Crit > Haste > Mastery dynamic?

I wouldn't be surprised if mastery pulled ahead, as it will be like a pseudo-Vengeance.

Dreadlord
    I'm having a lot of trouble with Maloriak, I just can't seem to get him down, once he releases all his aberration he usually flash freezes me, bad rng or...?

Also, 6.0 will Blood become better at solo-ing or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I'm having a lot of trouble with Maloriak, I just can't seem to get him down, once he releases all his aberration he usually flash freezes me, bad rng or...?

Also, 6.0 will Blood become better at solo-ing or no?
    You can either time DnD or simply kill him as dps before he cast this.

Not in FatSharkYes anymore as I quit long ago - Stop asking lul
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

You can also AMS Flash Freeze ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Army scales with vengeance.
    etc.
    Any way to be sure of this? Because I finished several bosses after enrage, on some of which I used army, but I can't find any proof that tells me their damage is increased, while for ghoul I regularly saw some way higher hits than usual when enraged; would need to have some screenshot or video where you can see pet damage and army having an unusually high amount, but I didn't make any.

Thank you for the clarification Mione.

I don't think it's accurate to say that you can't do any other DS boss on live in sub-500 gear. Yor'sahj can of course be done on a fresh 90, but Morchok can as well.

As for the other bosses, they are doable with a good weapon. I did Zon'ozz with 496 ilevel and a 544 weapon. With a 582 heirloom weapon I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 8/8 DS in < 500 ilevel.
    True, with such an heirloom probably you could, seeing as even yogg has been done with 506 or so and a 574 heirloom, and yogg for example for me required more gear than any other boss in DS except spine, but I know spine is doable with a lot less, just the more frustrating the less gear you have, up to the 100 wipes raegwyn needed originally.