7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Assuming you are blood: Elegon can be done as a fresh 100 (~600 ilvl). Ji'kun a bit higher, maybe 620+?

This has been discussed in earlier posts. Anything that spawns an NPC for the boss to focus on while he throws you.
    I'm no DK main player, but with ilvl622 gear it was quite difficult for me to solo Elegon. :d Just downed it this second, for the first time on my DK. In the last phase I used army of dead to reset my debuff twice, that's the only way I could beat the soft enrage of it. (before you ask, I used flask, food & drums warp, augument, potion)

Going to try Ji-kun too shortly.
    Last edited by Sinaa; 2015-02-03 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I'm no DK main player, but with ilvl622 gear it was quite difficult for me to solo Elegon. :d (just downed it this second, for the first time on my DK) Going to try Ji-kun too shortly.
    I am curious: How did you get past Gara'jal with that ilvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    With a group? but tbh nm gara'jal is pretty faceroll even on lower ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    With a group.
    I tried Ji-Kun and the best i've gotten to is 50%. (I can solo it on my priest with ease, after I spent 3 hours learning the fight)

Are you ignoring nests? Doing Ji-Kun like that requires a bit more than 620 gear, probably something like ~630-640+.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    With a group.
    I tried Ji-Kun and the best i've gotten to is 50%. (I can solo it on my priest with ease, after I spent 3 hours learning the fight)
    out of curiosity, what ilvl is your priest in order to solo Ji-Kun?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    I made an interesting discovery on Jin'rokh right now.

Because I lacked the DPS as Blood to kill him within the first pool, I decided to do this boss as Unholy. I reasoned that it would be fairly easy with Timmy tanking the boss and forcing him not to respawn, right?
    Wrong! It turns out Timmy will not tank the boss- I don't know if that's a bug or intended, but he also got hurled along with me thus wiping his threat table. My only options were my Gargoyle for the first throw, followed by my Army of the Dead for the second pool. I used Death Siphon to heal for obscene amounts while in the pool, and also switched to Blood Presence right as he finished channeling Lightning Storm.
    I also deflected multiple stacks of Static Shock with AMS, since Death Siphon healing outside of the pools was horrible.

This is a fight that will get quickly trivialised by gear (as many of you have found out), but I'm pleased to have been able to experience it in such an unconventional manner.
    i dont understand. why should timmy tank him ? he can not hold the agro. i dont get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i dont understand. why should timmy tank him ? he can not hold the agro. i dont get it ?
    Not consistently tanking it- just holding aggro while I was thrown (and thus dropped aggro). Timmy's done this in the past with fixed bosses like Elegon and Ragnaros, so it would have stood to reason he'd have behaved similarly for Jin'rokh.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

I've been going through, and solo'ing the heroics in Wod for lols, and most of them have been pretty cake, but I have come up against a brick wall on the 2nd boss in grimrail. Due to suppressing fire I can't get in the cannons often, and even if I end up getting grenades I'm still being eaten alive by adds who are spawning at a rate that I can't keep up with save for if I have grenades.

Generally what happens is I start the fight, and get him down to 59% easy. Then he does his little thing, and adds start spawning. I kill the first laborer pretty easily, and then get diseases up, and use RW to stun the adds. I try to pick out grenade orcs, or homing missile fellows when I can, but even weaving cd's I just go down before I can hope to kill his stupid auto turret.

Can I get some tips from any better DK? Ilvl is 664. I feel like I should be able to do this, but I just don't know what I'm missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Heroic 25 Man Stone Guard video is up I need to work on my recording settings to get better HD quality but I'm happy with how this came out!

[/video=youtube_share;4zmOtsgwHmQ]http://youtu.be/4zmOtsgwHmQ[/video]
    I think the quality is excellent as it is. And congrats on the kill. Is there a specific addon you use for the rune timer bars? What about Blood Shield and those other icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I think the quality is excellent as it is. And congrats on the kill. Is there a specific addon you use for the rune timer bars? What about Blood Shield and those other icons?
    Thank you very much!

The rune timer bars are from Magic Runes and the other icons are just old Weakauras I made awhile back.

7+ Year Old Account
    My priest is ilvl670.

I tried it with ignoring nests, doing them properly & also tried ignoring nests until there are birds to kill above.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Sinaa
    Ji-Kun should be doable at your ilevel assuming you're doing the nests correctly and not missing the Primal Nutrient buffs. How do you die? (is it to Talon Rake or something)

Anyways, I got 10 more ilevels from the raid last week (657 now) and I went back for my ToT mount farm run. It was complete faceroll, including Council. Perhaps I'm just used to the fight by now and/or got lucky with BoS uptime, but it felt much, much easier than when I did it with 647. Malakk died in maybe 45-50 seconds or so, and the fight became really boring after that. I'm going to gear up some more and try heroic for sure

I'm currently working on Dark Shamans in SoO as well, and ugh, 250k Froststorm Strikes are not fun.

Thank you very much!

The rune timer bars are from Magic Runes and the other icons are just old Weakauras I made awhile back.
    In that case, may I ask how you add the variable text in the icon? I am referring to the text that tells how large your absorb shield is. I assume you have '%c' in the text input in order to code it in.

In that case, may I ask how you add the variable text in the icon? I am referring to the text that tells how large your absorb shield is. I assume you have '%c' in the text input in order to code it in.
    I just have it set to %s for stack size

Also I finally got a new 680 weapon tonight so I'll probably try some more that I couldn't get before!

I just have it set to %s for stack size

Also I finally got a new 680 weapon tonight so I'll probably try some more that I couldn't get before!
    Odd. That didn't bring up any numbers for me. I guess I'll have to take a closer look.

Grats with the weapon. Looking forward to seeing what opportunities this unlocks or you!

Deleted
    Odd. That didn't bring up any numbers for me. I guess I'll have to take a closer look.

Grats with the weapon. Looking forward to seeing what opportunities this unlocks or you!
    There is a custom lua function for absorb size, taken from Slootbags Guard size weakaura:
    Code:
    function()
        if UnitBuff("player","Guard") then
            local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,spellID,_,_,_,absorbAmount,_ = UnitBuff("player","Guard")
            if spellID == 115295 then
                absorbAmount = absorbAmount / 1000
                return string.format("%i%c",absorbAmount,75)
            end
        end

end
    Should work if you replace Guard with your desired spell and the SpellID with the according one. It's possible that you have to setup multiple WAs for this as Glyphs/Talents can change the SpellID, like with Guard. Mind you, this version displays the absorb amount in thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    There are aids bosses in mop that prevent soloing though , sha of pride , galakras , spoils (?) , iron qon , imperial vizier , amber shaper , grand empress. All of them due to mechanics , there weren't a single boss (except conclave maybe) that you couldn't solo due to mechanics. Most (if not all) bosses in cata required either waiting for berserk to kill (atleast to prot paladin it was , seeing dks can't survive past enrage , weak class ;D) and others you just wanted to get vengeance from anything possible (like bringing trash to bosses and stuff , which got nerfed after tot)

It's funny though how most of those bosses you listed were faceroll as prot paladin considering you'd just sit in enrage with 700k vengeance on nefarian and majordomo and just survive without blowing cds. Hardest hitting berserk was al'akir though , dem 900k melee swings.

Anyhow , anyone who solod elegon 25 normal yet? Want to try it on my dk (671 gear) but don't really want to waste time trying to solo something with low gear when no one has done it yet with mythic gear (sorry if it was posted before , not really up to date with the thread : p)
    In late but
    1) As dk you could survive enrage on p2 (al'akir) for about 20 sec as dk and on p3 for even less, so we really, even if we could make him enrage during p3, HAD to make him enrage on p2 with loads of feedback (what took me 147 wipes to get right, luck and practice required) and vengeance to be able to get him straight from 40 to 24 mil with dots when p3 started, then BL and potion and killed; majordomo and nefarian we needed the dark animus trinket for mastery for more blood shield, on majordomo there was better uptime, but my bad computer\not enough time dedicated to it didn't allow me to get him under 27%, required surviving enrage for 3-4 mins, same as nefarian but you had less uptime on buff, so that's what cds were for, that took me 71 wipes I think. No way in hell we could survive those berserks forever apart from using that trinket in such situations.

2) Yes, I did elegon 25 a few weeks ago, been too busy to post a video but had posted a couple of screenshot, regardless it's done the same way as mionelol did 10 man in 5.4, I had 660, not even 670 and it was easier than that kill mionelol did in many aspects, only pushed 85% as fast as I could, waited during transition in order to get him to 50% just after he enraged, to reset it, and when he was like 52% and enraged, DRW + ERW, stopped his enrage after 1 sec cast, and after that it's a joke, may have to run out with celestial breath to reset at some point during p2, p3 was easier than anything because you could just stand in and nuke it, unlike 10 in 5.4.

25 Man Ji-Kun down!!!

Combat Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xnkYKRHZBw93A6V7/#

Fight took about 21 minutes (20:45:66,) it was a lot of fun! Didn't expect to be in combat this long so Drums of Ancient Kings and Runescroll of Fortitude ran out and I didn't even notice! Played incredibly poorly since it was my first try and almost wiped myself missing two key jumps. Got this one on video as well, although it'll probably be a pain to render. Close on Horridon 25 man too, hit the berserk because I was too worried about incoming damage to pay close attention to how long I had left. 25 Man soloing for MoP has been a blast so far though, really having an insane amount of fun!
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-02-08 at 04:45 AM.

What build are you using for soloing, if I may ask? Is it the Icy Runes thingy with BoS?