15+ Year Old Account
    I did my first kill around 496 ilvl with minor infest-soaking. With the RS buff there shouldn't be any need to do that, just go apecrap on LK and you should make it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Depends from gear. 505+lfr upgraded Shinka still makes it challenging.
    It is definitely doable without too many wipes, as someone did it with an upgrade LFR Shin'ka and a 485 ilevel earlier in the thread.

Christ I swear I'm getting worse. Almost made it through the first transition with most of my cds when the last fucking raging spirit silenced me right when Infest went out as I was sitting at 50%.

How many Shambling Horrors do you guys have up when the transition happens? I think I'm trying to juggle 7 right now.

Edit: Got to the berserk that time but LK was still at 35%. Think I'm just going to wait for a better weapon as I'm finding myself needing to kill raging spirits to not die.

Reposting my armory. Wish I was running logs but haven't run one since cata.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-04-01 at 09:54 PM.

Can the ZA timed run be solo'd by a DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Can the ZA timed run be solo'd by a DK?
    Yes, I did it in 490 lfr gear but with only 2 min left on timer. I died once at the bear boss though. So if you do it properly you should have plenty of time.

Deleted
    It shouldn't be a problem. Nalorak can hurt like a truck at low-gear, but doable anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojodot View Post
    Yes, I did it in 490 lfr gear but with only 2 min left on timer. I died once at the bear boss though. So if you do it properly you should have plenty of time.
    I assume you did it as Blood right? I just tried it as blood, 483 ilvl gear, aside from everything taking forever to die, the pack right before the bear boss destroyed me
    Last edited by Shefu; 2013-04-01 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I assume you did it as Blood right? I just tried it as blood, 483 ilvl gear, aside from everything taking forever to die, the pack right before the bear boss destroyed me
    Yeah I did it as blood with dps gear. I had LFR Shin'ka with legendary gem in it though. I don't remember any trash giving me trouble. I tried to skip as many as possible to save time. The only thing that brought me even close to dying is the bear boss. Then I used army on the pull and timed cooldowns and he was gone in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    how important is soul reaper when soloing? i found myself never really using that ability and wondered if i'm hurting my dps.
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-04-02 at 12:47 PM.

Soul Reaper is the highest DpS skill we got.

Yes, you are hurting your DpS if you don't utilize it.

Unless you don't need more DpS I would get accustomed to using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    how important is soul reaper when soloing? i found myself never really using that ability and wondered if i'm hurting my dps.
    You have three damage abilities that require a Blood Rune: Heartstrike, Blood Boil, and Soul Reaper. You rarely cast Blood Boil outside of the proc for it and Heartstrike is RP building if you have nothing better to spend the rune on. Soul Reaper can hit harder than Death Strike so I don't see why you wouldn't use Soul Reaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You have three damage abilities that require a Blood Rune: Heartstrike, Blood Boil, and Soul Reaper. You rarely cast Blood Boil outside of the proc for it and Heartstrike is RP building if you have nothing better to spend the rune on. Soul Reaper can hit harder than Death Strike so I don't see why you wouldn't use Soul Reaper.
    yeah thats why i'm asking. managed to get bloodqueen 25normal to 17% without it but dont think this will do the trick :s

yeah thats why i'm asking. managed to get bloodqueen 25normal to 17% without it but dont think this will do the trick :s
    You did bring one of the Plague Scientists for Plague Stream didn't you? (Hint, do plague quarter last, resetting the dungeon to get fresh scientists is better than having no scientists )

10+ Year Old Account
    How big of a difference is using DPS gear over tank gear, really? Is it really that noticeable?

Getting gear without raiding is a pain. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    You did bring one of the Plague Scientists for Plague Stream didn't you? (Hint, do plague quarter last, resetting the dungeon to get fresh scientists is better than having no scientists )
    yes i'm using plague scientists, otherwise i wouldnt be able to kill a single boss there. i manage to do ~160k dps on bloodqueen with ilvl 485 (LFR Shinka).

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    How big of a difference is using DPS gear over tank gear, really? Is it really that noticeable?

Talk about a 20-30% DpS increase depending on the gear difference. (hit/exp caps, strength gems, haste, crit, trinket procs and enchants make a rather huge difference)

Mastery for Blood Shields is mostly a non issue and the "passive" mastery on the gear is sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced are reforges/enchants fine that way? i'm a bit above hit/expertise because my gear is currently reforged using a different weapon (shinka is actually my tanking weapon and reforged for mastery)

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

For most old-content bosses the issue is having the dps to kill the boss, not to survive to enrage. As such Parry and Dodge are largely wasted stat budget. Mastery isn't the greatest to have either but it's better than Parry and Dodge. Having full dps gear over tank gear makes it easier to get Hit soft cap and Expertise hard cap, as well as having 10% more crit and 0.3-0.4 second faster runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the spreadsheet recommends to do the Gunship Battle (25 man) in frost spec, would be doable as unholy?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced are reforges/enchants fine that way? i'm a bit above hit/expertise because my gear is currently reforged using a different weapon (shinka is actually my tanking weapon and reforged for mastery)
    Dread Shadow Ring has Crit -> Mastery reforge
    And I'm not exactly sold on using Haste > Strength but I got no math to prove either.