Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I think it was just a reference to it being a cleave fight, and BoS is really good on those.
    Ah, ok, that I noticed as well but didn't think of it, in my heroic will of emperor, the boss phase lasted 1 min which means 100k dps just cause they were 2, while I can't break 60k ST.

Also got feng 25 hc down, someone had already done it and nothing special, quite disappointing breath uptime (max 1 min 20 per breath), still beat enrage by 15 sec and it's survivable for a while anyway; managed however some breath of over 2 mins at last in my stone guard 25 hc again today and some ji'kun 25 hc attempts.

Too bad the nerfbat is incoming soon for breath, I think 20 rp per sec is really asking too much, aside from when you get lucky multistrike streaks, given that abilities which give most give 20 as blood and 24 as frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant even kill durumu at 10normal -.- 691 blood gear.. someone got any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    mostly to the beamphase, only survived once until he life drained me. :/ guess its more a Problem with cooldown Management and dps. i dont have good dps trinkets, so i'm using tank trinkets instead.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced thats my character

Your trinkets aren't so bad but getting the Iron Maidens one (Vial of Convulsive Shadows) would really help. Drop glyph of Vampiric Blood, it's terrible on this fight and is a trap glyph for raiding as well, and use the glyph of Icy Runes instead. Blast Furnace Door is a really good DPS trinket though
    You should also use the DPS legendary ring, as multistrike is by far the best DPS stat with that gear, better than even strength and bonus armor.

Use all your CDs during the beam phase; AMS, IBF, Vampiric Blood. You want to do it as quickly as possible - I have always ignored Azure Fogs entirely. Afterwards just Vampiric Blood on CD if you lost a lot of health during the beam phase. When the beam phase starts, get to the open area and AMS on cooldown. With good BoS uptime at your gear you should have no problem at all killing it before Life Drain.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-06-17 at 12:58 PM.

Ooohhh, I didn't know about the visual cue, that's really useful to know

I think Death Pact is affected by the reduced healing and you have the 25% healing absorption, so wouldn't it end up costing you net healing? Or does the Army trick you mentioned reset your stacks?

Also Arterial Cut doesn't tick for very much on normal mode at least (it was ticking for 6k at the end of my first kill, and I had a 140k Blood Shield, with 681) so all you need is a lucky mastery proc I suppose.

And really well done as always with heroic Durumu, that's really impressive considering the changes to BoS.
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-06-17 at 02:31 PM.

I debated whether or not to release this post now, but with the announcement of 6.2 going Live next week it’s clear that my time is up. Over the course of 25 attempts of Ra-den, I also I figure I've done enough strategizing for it to be of any meaningful importance.

So, Ra-den...

Preliminaries

Ra-den is unique among currently soloable bosses, in that he only appears on Heroic difficult Throne of Thunder. There’s also the fact that he still has Limited Attempts (starts at 30), which was a feature Blizzard either seems to have forgotten about or chosen to leave in. For comparison’s sake, Algalon’s one-hour long spawn time was removed in the 4.0.3a Patch for Cataclysm.

In Patch 6.1, 11/13 bosses in Heroic Throne of Thunder are currently soloable. Mione proved yesterday that Durumu can be done with 6.2 gear, and I’m honestly inclined to believe that it’s even possible for a 6.1 DK with ~700 ilvl gear. However, the point I am trying to make here is that accessing Ra-den (unless you have an amazing group of friends willing to help you) after you’ve exhausted your initial 30 attempts can be extremely annoying.

Most regretably, Ra-den had the potential to be a very interesting fight in 6.1, but I'm sad to say that I think item level inflation next tier will see it get zerged- and not even by a DK first.

The boss itself

Being on limited attempts meant that I would do 3-4 pulls while logging, then stop to analyse logs and strategize more. Ra-den’s dungeon journal was never updated (despite Blizzard saying they would), and there was considerable confusion about his abilities at first. Compunding this was the fact that when Ra-den was “current”, guilds would force it into Vita phase for the entire encounter. When soloing, however, the reverse is required: The boss is always in Anima phase, since the debuff from Vita phase is a guaranteed instant death.

Ultimately though, the spirit of the boss remains the same: It is mechanically easy to understand, but throws insane numbers at you (and also requires insane number output from you).

-To force Ra-den into the phase I wanted, I dragged him to the opposite coloured orb. Thus, since I wanted him to always be in Anima phase, I’d let him absorb Vita orbs first. Mione mentioned to me that she encountered some oddities when both orbs hit- for instance he’d summon the wrong type of add due to being in Vita phase for a split second.

-When Ra-den is forced into Anima phase, he debuffs you with Unleashed Anima. This increases Maximum Health by 100% and deals weak shadow damage to you.

-The adds he summons during Anima phase are like mini-Magmaws. They’re called Sanguine Horrors, are stationary and deal Shadow damage to you. Their damage isn’t high, but not insignificant either- this is especially true due to the fact that Sanguine Horrors will respawn from the pools they form when they die, unless a Crackling Stalker (i.e. Vita phase) add is killed on top of them. In other words, when soloing you can expect to have 2-3 of these up.

Ra-den has two primary mechanics that make up 90% of the “attention” of this encounter.

-First, there's Anima Explosion: Anima Explosion is part of the Unstable Anima mechanic: It was meant to be shared amongst raid members, and not sharing it was supposed to cause the raid to wipe. Only, instead of instantly killing you, it deals 1 million damage which you can survive- albeit, not easily. This occurs once every 15 seconds.

-Second, there's Murderous Strike: This occurs when Ra-den reaches 100 Energy. It's a 10 second debuff that deals your own health at the time of the debuff's application in damage to you every second. This damage WILL bypass damage reductions like Bone Shield, IBF, AMS, Rune Tap, etc.

Strategy:

The strategy I've developed, therefore, has to incorporate two things:

-First, I need to survive every Anima explosion. At current gear/health levels, this has proven to be very dangerous because of the frequency of the event. Even better? Anima Explosion grants no Resolve because it is counted as friendly damage.

-Second, you need to make sure you’re at VERY low health for Murderous Strike's application- taking the strike at something like even 20% health is extremely dangerous because of how high the damage it deals is. Your best case scenario is to be at 5% health or less, then quickly heal up when Murderous Strike is applied.

By themselves these mechanics wouldn't be so bad- combined, however, they require very precise timing and stupidly good CD management. Add in the fact that Chains of Sindragosa is already a significant mitigative loss, and you can see my problem. There is a constant tension between not having enough health to survive Anima Explosion, yet having too much health for when Murderous Strike. Even better? Anima Explosion and Murderous Strike occur within seconds of one another.

My best pulls saw me adopt a pattern like this:

1st Anima Explosion: Take it with Bone Shield to get yourself at low health.

2nd Anima Explosion: Absorb with AMS

1st Murderous Strike, which follows 1 second after 2nd Anima Explosion: Pray that the boss managed to knock you down low enough for Murderous Strike to not destroy you when it is applied. Essentially, the only way to “prepare” for this is by making sure not to Death Strike if the second Anima Explosion’s damage through AMS doesn’t take you low enough.

3rd Anima Explosion: Icebound Fortitude

4th Anima Explosion: Rune Tap + Bone Shield. Unfortunately, I was already at dangerously low health and died most times when I got to this.

Second Murderous Strike: Death Pact once applied. Alternatively, curse yourself to oblivion because Purgatory procced from Anima Explosion and you Death Pacted one second before Murderous Strike was applied.

What I’m trying to illustrate here is that you will run out of CDs eventually. Add to that the fact that the hardest hitting mechanics of this fight add no Resolve, and you can see what’s so frustrating about trying to quickly heal up. Mione also encountered an odd bug that took her from 70% health to 1% instantly- she thinks it may have been related to Vampiric Blood falling off, though Murderous Strike wasn’t applied at the time.

Patch 6.2

So why am I saying that I fear this encounter will get trivialised? Because Ra-den himself doesn't have a lot of health. You essentially "just" need to survive his mechanics from 100% to 40%, because at 40% he will transition to Phase 2 and become a complete Patchwerk fight with fairly trivial, pulsing damage (assuming you aren't stupid and try to kill Corrupted Anima/Vita orbs). At current gear level, surviving till 40% is quite challenging for a DK, even in gear better than mine- despite this my better attempts still had the boss at 70% health.

Despite the nerf to Chains of Sindragosa in 6.2, the enormous buffs to the Fel-Flame and Fel-Cleave trinkets along with the natural inflation of item level will allow us to squeeze a lot more damage out of the limited time we have with CDs on this boss.

Oh, and best of all: Why do I think DKs won’t be the first class to kill this? Because Brewmaster Monks possess the ideal tools for it (which is fairly ironic considering that they were also the best Tanks for it in 5.2). BrMs have:

-Guard on a double charge, which can be glyphed to absorb only Magic damage.
    -Diffuse Magic, which can be used in-between Guards to preserve charges.
    -Expel Harm, which is an ideal tool to recover from being at very low health (i.e. Murderous Strike)

Other 6.2 bosses

Because it's worth mentioning: Mione proved yesterday that Fel-flame also makes an encounter like Heroic Dark Animus much easier. This is because Defile/BB, while AoEs themselves, will still apply a stack of Fel-flame to every golem and thus decimate it in short order. If that's of small comfort to those of you thinking about reclearing Heroic toT for access to Ra-den, then there you have it.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2015-06-17 at 09:19 PM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Good job on durumu hc, but why did you use defile? Is breath so weak on next patch that it does less dps?

Also ra-den's mechanics look very interesting!
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-06-18 at 11:58 AM.

That plus Defile also stacks Fel Burn very quickly, boosting its DPS by a considerable amount. That mechanic alone (because it's not just limited to Defile) is going to have a very gimmicky effect on several difficult solos right now.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Soloed oondasta as well, already been done by someone else with about 680 if I recall, and back then you had to use trash to keep breath up long enough and kite etc. and the kill took about 12 mins.

Now it took 6 min 4 in 691 and 43% multi, really awesome breath since I did full single target and managed to get over 2 mins in a row sometimes, starts to hurt after about 4 mins and does about 50-60k melee and 150k frill blast at that point, 2 attempts.

Assuming it will also doable after patch in the same gear but will be harder, probably again trash required to keep breath up long enough or simply more gear, anyway was a nice fight.

Would still have to do sha to solo all world bosses of mop but all the MC outranging is demotivating.

Oohh I didn't know you were into soloing on your death knight Lazel! Did you clear to Ra-den by yourself as well?

Also I tried Twin Consorts 25N; killed Suen and got Lu'lin to 15%. As each one has 15.4M health you can't beat the enrage timer, at least not with my gear (686) and you have to outheal Lu'lin's enrage for several minutes, lIke Mione did at level 90. The issue is that the meteor spawns do 800k+ damage during the enrage, and that combined with a 60k swing often leads to you dying. That said it's 100% doable prior to BoS nerfs and just needs good management.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of off-topic, but how is paladin soloing these days, Lazel? I remember you doing a lot of cool bosses back in MoP but I hadn't heard from you since >>

Does anyone know of a way to make the Brazier of Awakening work when soloing?

Not a kill but atleast something:

Pretty simple and straightforward. If only we could do 4 times our current DPS