1. #1161
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yeah, I've had some old content fights where the enrage timers were wrong since I was using a really out-of-date version of DBM. Even though the old content DBMs aren't updated as often as the core DBM do make sure you're running the most up-to-date version.
    I update latest version often, just didn't think about updating the version supporting old raids, oh well, lesson learned.

    Killed him in 2nd attempt (13% on 1st) when I didn't slack on stairs.

  2. #1162
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDK View Post
    You're absolutely right, my apologies.

    My DBM showed the enrage timer but for some reason it thinks the enrage is 20 minutes, I gather it's just 15 minutes.

    I'll stop slacking on stair and see if that nails it.
    You might have confused people because 15 minutes is not "8-9 minutes in". Interesting thread.

  3. #1163
    I just did Hagara with a friend, and we beat the Enrage timer by 10 seconds. Granted he was in BDK in full tanking gear, it seems rather impossible to beat the enrage by myself.

    The only way to get past the Lightning Phase is to just sit it out till her shield drops right, or am I missing something?

  4. #1164
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    I just did Hagara with a friend, and we beat the Enrage timer by 10 seconds. Granted he was in BDK in full tanking gear, it seems rather impossible to beat the enrage by myself.

    The only way to get past the Lightning Phase is to just sit it out till her shield drops right, or am I missing something?
    Yep, though the strategy for soloing Hagara doesn't require that you beat the enrage timer - in fact I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do so.

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    (and Yogg-0 as well while I'm at it, definitely 100% farmable)
    I know I asked before, but if you have any more tips for this I'd love to hear it. I run into:

    Salyn banner resets fight even though I have a ghoul up.
    I get constricting tentacles even though I'm tanking a crushing tentacle.
    I get constricting tentacles in the 2 seconds it takes me to run to a portal.
    I get in a portal bet only get 20 seconds on the brain because I was stunned every 3 seconds from debuffs.
    I get to phase 3 but there are so many tentacles up that I get owned before I can kill all of them.

    So I haven't been able to kill it yet (531 dps gear, 535 crappy sword). Is it just gear, where with a 541 sword I'll 1-shot brain room adds and get there faster, or kill tentacles through debuffs faster, or am I suddenly bad...

  6. #1166
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    I know I asked before, but if you have any more tips for this I'd love to hear it. I run into:

    Salyn banner resets fight even though I have a ghoul up.
    I get constricting tentacles even though I'm tanking a crushing tentacle.
    I get constricting tentacles in the 2 seconds it takes me to run to a portal.
    I get in a portal bet only get 20 seconds on the brain because I was stunned every 3 seconds from debuffs.
    I get to phase 3 but there are so many tentacles up that I get owned before I can kill all of them.

    So I haven't been able to kill it yet (531 dps gear, 535 crappy sword). Is it just gear, where with a 541 sword I'll 1-shot brain room adds and get there faster, or kill tentacles through debuffs faster, or am I suddenly bad...
    Try using Purification Potions, they clear most debuffs, which gives you more dps uptime in the brain room. I haven't attempted Yog25+0 myself (kinda pointless with ilvl 516 dps gear and a 504 shinka...) but from +4/3/2 etc I do know the fight is quite a RNG fest. You can simply get unlucky :/

    On that note, ~4 seconds before brain room opens, use AMS, it prevents all new debuff applications, that coupled with a potion before that time should get you into the brain room debuff free.

  7. #1167
    Hey guys I just solo'd 25H Chimaeron, will post video soon.

  8. #1168
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronyen View Post
    Hey guys I just solo'd 25H Chimaeron, will post video soon.
    At level 80?

  9. #1169
    No, at level 90

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:06 PM ----------

    Here it is, level 90 H25 Chimaeron solo
    err... I haven't posted enough to give a real link.
    youtube ... com/watch?v=BmTdqdChTjI

  10. #1170
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronyen View Post
    Here it is, level 90 H25 Chimaeron solo
    err... I haven't posted enough to give a real link.
    youtube ... com/watch?v=BmTdqdChTjI
    Very nice This should be added to the list --
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2013-05-14 at 01:31 AM.

  11. #1171
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Ok, new road block which is insane cause I feel like doing madness was infinitely harder, but nevertheless, maloriak is a giant roadblock and I cannot get past him. And that really gets to me. Cause I wanna do nef. Do I need more mastery Orr what? Gersomence on kel'thuzad alliance

  12. #1172
    Well you can use Spirit of Corehammer, then you just have to deal with red/blue phase correctly

  13. #1173
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Unfortunately atramedes is dead. I was hoping to kill him this lockout, I guess another week is ok. Thanks I really appreciate all the tips.

  14. #1174
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Unfortunately atramedes is dead. I was hoping to kill him this lockout, I guess another week is ok. Thanks I really appreciate all the tips.
    According to Mione, you need to either AMS or preemptively use DnD to break Flash Freeze, if that's what you're have issues with.

  15. #1175
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    No, it's last phase. I'm just bad I guess haha. I finally got madness but I can't pull that off? Just seems sad

  16. #1176
    Are you letting him get all the adds out before you push it? If too many adds come up at once they become a problem.

  17. #1177
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Maybe I push him too fast. That's possible. I need to concentrate on killing adds before I push. Thanks again

  18. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    I know I asked before, but if you have any more tips for this I'd love to hear it. I run into:

    Salyn banner resets fight even though I have a ghoul up.
    I get constricting tentacles even though I'm tanking a crushing tentacle.
    I get constricting tentacles in the 2 seconds it takes me to run to a portal.
    I get in a portal bet only get 20 seconds on the brain because I was stunned every 3 seconds from debuffs.
    I get to phase 3 but there are so many tentacles up that I get owned before I can kill all of them.

    So I haven't been able to kill it yet (531 dps gear, 535 crappy sword). Is it just gear, where with a 541 sword I'll 1-shot brain room adds and get there faster, or kill tentacles through debuffs faster, or am I suddenly bad...
    As I recall, constricting tentacles pick anybody, regardless of spec/aggro on other tentacles. A constricting always spawns moments before the portals open, ready your DnD and save a few Blood Boils for that.

    Debuffs are RNG based, sadly DKs can't reset diseases and you'll have to deal with the stun if it affects you, simply as that (you can use Desecrated Ground perhaps to counter it? - thought it is a bit limited -).

    It is undeniable that a big part of this fight (solo or not) is based off RNG (either the debuff that you get from the tentacle or the spawn point of the tentacles themselves). The video I watched of Mione she had the very first set of tentacles spawn very close to each other, whereas the fight can screw you and spawn them appart except for the constricting that will appear right at you leaving you frustrated

    Also a question for Mione since the topic regarding "old content" got brought up a few posts ago. You meant leaving old content aside as in pre-MoP stuff or non-current gear instances? If it is the latter, please reconsider as follows: I'm a big collector of stuff (mounts specially), and even though my main isn't a DK I enjoy very much watching a mount-dropping boss being soloed (Yogg-0 brought tears to my eyes). It'd be awesome to see Elegon fall soloed

  19. #1179
    Elegon can be soloed, it's mechanic allows it. But dps req is too high now, imo.

  20. #1180
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Elegon can be soloed, it's mechanic allows it. But dps req is too high now, imo.
    Most t14 bosses can be done solo, dps req is just too high, for now.

    FatSharkYes - Shattered Hand EU (http://www.fatsharkyes.eu/)
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •