1. #1221
    The Lightbringer Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    Dumb question:
    Is Night Elf Shadowmeld more or less the same as the Salyin Battle Banner, for soloing purposes?
    Correctemondo.
    Hi

  2. #1222
    High Overlord Coldbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Iquique, Chile
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Just had to stop in and say. I got experiment 12b tonight. After 3 ultrax solo's. I'm so happy!!! Now if only invincible would drop haha

    A question u do it in normal mode with blood spec and dps gear or tank gear?.


    Im leveling a dk and want solo old things when geared.


    Thanks in advance.





    PS sorry my english, is not my language.

  3. #1223
    The Lightbringer Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not entirely, but for the most part I guess yes.

    Shadowmeld doesn't reset your aggro if you re-enter combat as far as I know, while the banner does, but I may be mistaken about Shadowmeld.
    As far as I know, when you exit shadowmeld you regain the original aggro you had before using it. At least I remember such a change in a patch at some point.
    Hi

  4. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not entirely, but for the most part I guess yes.

    Shadowmeld doesn't reset your aggro if you re-enter combat as far as I know, while the banner does, but I may be mistaken about Shadowmeld.
    Shadowmeld Night Elf Racial
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires level 1
    Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.

  5. #1225
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    64
    Coldbeer, I use all dps gear, blood spec. Killed ultrax in 4 and a half mins last night. Just be mindful of your cd's. and remember they are on half cd and last double

  6. #1226
    Mionee , you ever tried solo galeon? xD

  7. #1227
    High Overlord Coldbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Iquique, Chile
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Coldbeer, I use all dps gear, blood spec. Killed ultrax in 4 and a half mins last night. Just be mindful of your cd's. and remember they are on half cd and last double

    thanks very much, my dk is 88 right now but i want solo some old things.

  8. #1228
    Old God breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    silvermoon of wisconsin
    Posts
    10,879
    i've got a couple questions about blood dk's on kael thas. i was told that bloodworms aren't considered a pet for the fight and thus wont get mind controlled is this true?
    second does dancing rune weapon count as a minion for the purposes of kael thas's mind control?
    three what is the basic blood dk rotation to generate runes?(in what order should i be using what abilities to keep sustained runic power/runes. this is what i have a real problem with when i play my death knight is running out of runes. i looked for guides on this but didnt find any that covered the basics.)
    four does dark simulacrum reflect back any of kael's or his advisors spells?
    lastly how easy is the fight for a blood/unholy dk in ilvl 461 mostly nontanking gear? does it matter that much if i dont have all that dodge since its a low level raid?(obviously she is lvl 90) when i say easy im talking faceroll easy.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-20 at 05:11 AM.
    say no to draenei. draenei are evil. stop the draenei menace! death to draenei!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Truck shiny.
    Truck go vroom-vroom!
    typical draenei logic.

  9. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i've got a couple questions about blood dk's on kael thas. i was told that bloodworms aren't considered a pet for the fight and thus wont get mind controlled is this true?
    second does dancing rune weapon count as a minion for the purposes of kael thas's mind control?
    three what is the basic blood dk rotation to generate runes?(in what order should i be using what abilities to keep sustained runic power/runes. this is what i have a real problem with when i play my death knight is running out of runes. i looked for guides on this but didnt find any that covered the basics.)
    four does dark simulacrum reflect back any of kael's or his advisors spells?
    lastly how easy is the fight for a blood/unholy dk in ilvl 461 mostly nontanking gear? does it matter that much if i dont have all that dodge since its a low level raid?(obviously she is lvl 90) when i say easy im talking faceroll easy.
    It's a faceroll as Frost. Unholy could do it w/o their pet but not much point being UH in that case. Blood shouldn't be a problem but honestly, just go frost.

  10. #1230
    Old God breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    silvermoon of wisconsin
    Posts
    10,879
    why whats wrong with going blood? how is frost easier?
    say no to draenei. draenei are evil. stop the draenei menace! death to draenei!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Truck shiny.
    Truck go vroom-vroom!
    typical draenei logic.

  11. #1231
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why whats wrong with going blood? how is frost easier?
    Only things you have to worry about in Frost counting as a minion are the summoned ghouls from your personal ghoul summon and AotD (T15 2 set doesn't count I believe), both are abilities you can choose not to use. If you have to use Death Pact just summon the personal ghoul then despawn it after Pacting.

    Plus you kill Kael faster as Frost than Blood.

  12. #1232
    Old God breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    silvermoon of wisconsin
    Posts
    10,879
    so then dancing rune and bloodworms do count as minions for the purposes of mind control?
    say no to draenei. draenei are evil. stop the draenei menace! death to draenei!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Truck shiny.
    Truck go vroom-vroom!
    typical draenei logic.

  13. #1233
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so then dancing rune and bloodworms do count as minions for the purposes of mind control?
    DRW doesn't but I can't comment on Bloodworms since I stopped running it as Blood back when Bloodworms were made baseline for Blood. A 90 Frost Dk in fresh dungeon gear shouldn't have any issues with Kael'thas.

  14. #1234
    As far as im aware army and your summoned ghoul are minions/pets and will cause mind control. But then again I can't be 100% sure because for kael I use army and ghoul for the last advisor stage to beat them down quicker and avoid more problems with their cc. Dancing rune weapon and bloodworms however are definitely not classed as minions in a way that would get you mind controlled. I use Dancing rune weapon every time its off cooldown and bloodworms freely spawn and have never been MC'd because of them.

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so then dancing rune and bloodworms do count as minions for the purposes of mind control?
    No, they do not. I would go ahead and give it a try, Kael'thas was easily soloable at level 85 so you should do just fine

  16. #1236
    Just need to check if I am missing something. I've killed all the bosses 10m normal except lich king. So I am in front of him but I can't change it to 25m heroic. I thought that was the way to do it. Have I done something wrong?

  17. #1237
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykrul View Post
    Just need to check if I am missing something. I've killed all the bosses 10m normal except lich king. So I am in front of him but I can't change it to 25m heroic. I thought that was the way to do it. Have I done something wrong?
    You have to exit the instance before you can change to 25man HC

  18. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    You have to exit the instance before you can change to 25man HC
    It only allows me to do 10m heroic. I have cleared 25m heroic incase if you're wondering.

  19. #1239
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post


    holy freaking shit, good luck replicating this....
    which one next???
    Well done! Maybe try Shado-pan Monastery next

  20. #1240
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykrul View Post
    Just need to check if I am missing something. I've killed all the bosses 10m normal except lich king. So I am in front of him but I can't change it to 25m heroic. I thought that was the way to do it. Have I done something wrong?
    If you're by yourself you'll need to group with someone so that the game recognizes that you changed difficulty. Doesn't seem to work solo once you first zone in or if you've been in a group/raid of some sort since logging on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •