Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    What am I doing wrong on Festergut 25? I AMS on CD and between the 9th and 10th stacks, the debuff lasts 2 minutes and doesnt seem to fall off. 508 ilvl, using Plague Scientist buff. Typically around 30% hp when I reach 10th stack.
    Can be done, requires preemptive use of AMS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Why didn't you clear the whole thing, using Mione's strategy for beating Spine?
    Mionee's strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Can be done, requires preemptive use of AMS.
    Not anymore it doesn-t reset stacks. Either go frost and do it on 25 normal and hope to burst him down, bring 1 friend as dps OR do it in 10man. We are stuck now till either new raid tier or most likely xpac for those non heroic raiders.

Not entirely related to soloing, but noticed when doing Saurfang in ICC that Blood Boils from Crimson Scourge procs no longer give 10 RP. Guess it gives us a reason to use DnD procs on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Not anymore it doesn-t reset stacks. Either go frost and do it on 25 normal and hope to burst him down, bring 1 friend as dps OR do it in 10man. We are stuck now till either new raid tier or most likely xpac for those non heroic raiders.
    Think they meant use it to extend how many Gastric Bloats are required to kill you as while it won't reset applications, it will prevent an application from occurring.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure neither BB nor DnD ever gave rp when used with CS.

Well, you are wrong, because it did (Blood Boil).

also:

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Think they meant use it to extend how many Gastric Bloats are required to kill you as while it won't reset applications, it will prevent an application from occurring.
    Yes, this exactly. Festergut 25H is still doable as Blood.

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I posted one somewhere in this thread idk where exactly. It's not exactly a clever strat either, it's pretty much "kill tentacle before it can grip you"
    (Page 46, Post #917). Did this actually work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    You cannot kill adds, you will need to learn how to survive the transitions, that's the fight basically. By fighting on the throne not only are you losing 10% of his HP worth of potentional dps, you're killing the only real source of vengeance during phase 2 - the adds.
    Transitions: chain your cooldowns, have a deathcoil macro on ice spheres with a retarget on LK, and just do as much dps as you possibly can!
    If you do get silenced with an orb near you, strafe around the boss until silence is gone and then kill it. Use AMS for RP to deathcoil if needed.
    This was brilliant, especially part with Death Coiling the ice spheres. Made a lolmacro
    /cleartarget
    /tar Ice
    /cast [harm] Death Coil
    /tar The
    /cast Rune Strike
    and basically started to learning to survive transitions (especially T1) and gain as much vengeance as I can survive. Managed to kill it after ~160ish wipes (ye, still Idk how to play DK) in 502ilvl - but with HUGE luck. 5secs to berserk at ~12% got harvest souls, refreshed dots so was ticking him while inside frostmourne, when it tpd me out it was already on berserk, but finished him with death strikes (via ERW) when he was casting defile. Also figured out that dancing weapon is also nice, especially if I put dots while it's active - double dots ;D.

Was close. Maybe bit more gear will make the fight less tight.
    Thanks for advices, time to gear up my drood to get him on next char

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    This was brilliant, especially part with Death Coiling the ice spheres. Made a lolmacroand basically started to learning to survive transitions (especially T1) and gain as much vengeance as I can survive. Managed to kill it after ~160ish wipes (ye, still Idk how to play DK) in 502ilvl - but with HUGE luck. 5secs to berserk at ~12% got harvest souls, refreshed dots so was ticking him while inside frostmourne, when it tpd me out it was already on berserk, but finished him with death strikes (via ERW) when he was casting defile. Also figured out that dancing weapon is also nice, especially if I put dots while it's active - double dots ;D.

Was close. Maybe bit more gear will make the fight less tight.
    Thanks for advices, time to gear up my drood to get him on next char
    Grats on the kill, and happy to have helped!
    There's no shame to killing it post-berserk, my first kill was about the same scenario

and yes DRW is nice, incase you didn't know, it also copies soul reaper, basically giving you 2 applications for the price of 1, helps a lot in last phase
    gear definatly makes it easier, the reset I upgraded my weapon from 504 to a 522 gave me nearly 40k more dps on that resets kill, and now with better dps gear in general (520) I don't even have to monitor my hp anymore during transitions, it's really easy now!
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    do bloodworms count as a minion to fight against when soloing felmyst in sunwell for blood dks?
    not sure how different charms are to mind control.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-31 at 06:20 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    I have the feeling that even with 500 ilvl (491 2/2 upgraded LFR Shin'ka with both gems), my 476 head/chest still makes it hard for me.
    Guess I'll have to farm ToT LFR..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    do bloodworms count as a minion to fight against when soloing felmyst in sunwell for blood dks?
    not sure how different charms are to mind control.
    What do you mean "minion to fight against" ?

Watch for Felmyst in the distance, don't get hit by fog, don't get MC'd....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Grats on the kill, and happy to have helped!
    There's no shame to killing it post-berserk, my first kill was about the same scenario

and yes DRW is nice, incase you didn't know, it also copies soul reaper, basically giving you 2 applications for the price of 1, helps a lot in last phase
    gear definatly makes it easier, the reset I upgraded my weapon from 504 to a 522 gave me nearly 40k more dps on that resets kill, and now with better dps gear in general (520) I don't even have to monitor my hp anymore during transitions, it's really easy now!
    i personally doubt i could survive enrage for more than 2 seconds lol. since i finally managed to kill him last week, i was surprised that i was able to kill him in my first try yesterday. still 30 seconds before enrage but i didnt get better gear since last week :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    What do you mean "minion to fight against" ?

Watch for Felmyst in the distance, don't get hit by fog, don't get MC'd....
    does the fog cause you to fight against your bloodworms?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    does the fog cause you to fight against your bloodworms?
    Isn't it just easier to do it in Frost? Idk if it has changed since 5.3, but on paladin I sometimes failed on the fog, my char was "wandering in mind control", but fight did not reset. Besides it's way easier to nuke it before fly phase. (is it impossible post 5.3? don't think so)

Or you can just avoid the fog altogether...

Sarth 25 3D tips please.
    As a frost i actually can burn the boss before shadron spawn, but tenebron always enrage and killed me.
    As a blood, well i can't kill the adds that gave sartharion immunity (shadron disciple?) because the encounter will reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Isn't it just easier to do it in Frost? Idk if it has changed since 5.3, but on paladin I sometimes failed on the fog, my char was "wandering in mind control", but fight did not reset. Besides it's way easier to nuke it before fly phase. (is it impossible post 5.3? don't think so)
    If you can kill Felmyst before the Air Phase begins she'll die. if you take too long then you have to wait for Air Phase to end to finish that last hit point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you can kill Felmyst before the Air Phase begins she'll die. if you take too long then you have to wait for Air Phase to end to finish that last hit point.
    Felmyst's mist only charms you now for the duration of one cloud and does not reset the fight as of 5.3.